Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,643 members, 7,801,871 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:57 AM

There Is Nothing Wrong Wearing A Girdle Or A Slimming Shapewear - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / There Is Nothing Wrong Wearing A Girdle Or A Slimming Shapewear (27946 Views)

We Have Special Slimming Belt For Weight Loss / Picture Of I-Go-die Wearing A Kilt / Picture Of Wizkid Wearing A Skirt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

There Is Nothing Wrong Wearing A Girdle Or A Slimming Shapewear by Epi: 4:00pm On Nov 08, 2009
After looking at some celebrities on here, I have to say this  "Ladies and Gentlemen, there is nothing wrong wearing a girdle or a slimming shapewear (no more muffin top)

Seriously, I just hate to see women wearing jeans and the muffins (belly fat) over their jeans. It's uunacceptable   To cinch the waist and slim the hips put on a slimming shapewear or girdle.

Whenever I go out and want to look fly, slim or make my buttockgger, I put on my spanx.  And if it makes you happy, movie celebrities (tyra, beyonce, kate winslette, nicole kidman - to name a few) wear them too

Ladies, don't be ashamed to wear your girdles/spanx, ok.   Yea, sometimes our boyfriends lol at us and shake heads but hey,  it's all about looking good.
Re: There Is Nothing Wrong Wearing A Girdle Or A Slimming Shapewear by Epi: 4:02pm On Nov 08, 2009
no more of this please

Re: There Is Nothing Wrong Wearing A Girdle Or A Slimming Shapewear by Epi: 4:08pm On Nov 08, 2009
old or young, it's ok to wear this

Re: There Is Nothing Wrong Wearing A Girdle Or A Slimming Shapewear by Winnergal(f): 7:18pm On Nov 08, 2009
Yep, there's nothing wrong with it . . .
Re: There Is Nothing Wrong Wearing A Girdle Or A Slimming Shapewear by Epi: 11:07pm On Nov 08, 2009
^^ I can tell that you keep it real and not plastic. btw, do you wear slimming shapewear?
Re: There Is Nothing Wrong Wearing A Girdle Or A Slimming Shapewear by Nobody: 12:01am On Nov 09, 2009
The mairdle(male-girldle) looks ridiculous grin grin. Yes o! all these yeye Celebs keep fooling us with their pseudo perfect figures I bet they are mad their secrets are coming out lol grin grin grin.
Re: There Is Nothing Wrong Wearing A Girdle Or A Slimming Shapewear by chika98: 12:40am On Nov 09, 2009
Nothing wrong with it if you are mildly shaped. If you are a fatso so don't bother as it wouldn't help you. You'll look more like a huge bird trying to hold their breath
Re: There Is Nothing Wrong Wearing A Girdle Or A Slimming Shapewear by Epi: 4:01pm On Nov 09, 2009
chika98:

Nothing wrong with it if you are mildly shaped. If you are a fatso so don't bother as it wouldn't help you. You'll look more like a huge bird trying to hold their breath
e-he e-he -ehe whahahahahaahahahahahahah grin grin grin grin
Ebonyeyes:

The mairdle(male-girldle) looks ridiculous grin grin. Yes o! all these yeye Celebs keep fooling us with their pseudo perfect figuresd I bet they are mad their secrets are coming out lol grin grin grin.
creative (a guy) and make sesnse
Re: There Is Nothing Wrong Wearing A Girdle Or A Slimming Shapewear by ubiaa5(f): 9:36pm On Nov 09, 2009
preach on epi, tell them.
Re: There Is Nothing Wrong Wearing A Girdle Or A Slimming Shapewear by Nobody: 12:54am On Nov 10, 2009
Epi:

e-he e-he -ehe whahahahahaahahahahahahah grin grin grin ;Dcreative (a guy) and make sesnse
Excuse you
Re: There Is Nothing Wrong Wearing A Girdle Or A Slimming Shapewear by Epi: 1:52am On Nov 10, 2009
you refer to male girdles as mirdles which is cool
Re: There Is Nothing Wrong Wearing A Girdle Or A Slimming Shapewear by Epi: 2:00am On Nov 10, 2009
Re: There Is Nothing Wrong Wearing A Girdle Or A Slimming Shapewear by Epi: 4:32pm On Nov 10, 2009
just order a sheer one. will take a pic in it and share. tongue
Re: There Is Nothing Wrong Wearing A Girdle Or A Slimming Shapewear by Nobody: 4:37pm On Nov 10, 2009
Teehee thanks grin grin grin. It looks funny though especially with the bit holding the male bits down below cheesy cheesy
Re: There Is Nothing Wrong Wearing A Girdle Or A Slimming Shapewear by mohawkchic(f): 8:34pm On Nov 10, 2009
[size=13pt]~I dont think there are lot of women who are aware of these Control/Shape wears. . . The Modern Shape Wears that is! Talk about anything that remotely sucks it in. . the not-too-appealing thought of Girdles of Yester years springs to mind. . . grin

~Control Dress~

~Glam Shapewear~
[img]http://debenhams.scene7.com/is/image/Debenhams/20080314_161010433686?resMode=sharp&op_usm=1.1,0.5,0,0&rgn=0,0,900,900&scl=2.34375&id=0uB0mjDjxPR0XCdzqdWJUo[/img]

~Strapless Full Slip~
[img]http://debenhams.scene7.com/is/image/Debenhams/20090709_158010830960?$ProdLarge$[/img]
[/size]
Re: There Is Nothing Wrong Wearing A Girdle Or A Slimming Shapewear by chika98: 9:21pm On Nov 10, 2009
it looks nice but I cannot imagine stepping out of it and having all the rolls hang out again grin
Re: There Is Nothing Wrong Wearing A Girdle Or A Slimming Shapewear by mohawkchic(f): 10:11pm On Nov 10, 2009
[size=13pt]~ cheesy Ah Ha! You've just gone & ruin the magic now!  grin At least the illusion is there to create. . .[/size]
Re: There Is Nothing Wrong Wearing A Girdle Or A Slimming Shapewear by SmashingM(f): 9:49am On Nov 18, 2009
Thanks for the pictures and the information but i have a question.

Does the continuous use of the girdle trims down the stomach?
Re: There Is Nothing Wrong Wearing A Girdle Or A Slimming Shapewear by Epi: 10:52am On Nov 18, 2009
Got up early to study and here I am on this addictive forum. Truth is, I ONLY wear shapewear if I am going to a VIP party or a ball. I started wearing shapewear when Beyonce was on Tyra's show and they both admitted that they wear shapewear sometimes.

Advantage: bigger ass and curvy shape.
Disadvantage: I can only have one vodka when I know I can chug-a-lug 12. I can only take one bite out of my fish when in reality I can eat the entire fish grin grin
Re: There Is Nothing Wrong Wearing A Girdle Or A Slimming Shapewear by Winnergal(f): 12:03pm On Nov 18, 2009
Epi:

Got up early to study and here I am on this addictive forum. Truth is, I ONLY wear shapewear if I am going to a VIP party or a ball. I started wearing shapewear when Beyonce was on Tyra's show and they both admitted that they wear shapewear sometimes.

Advantage: bigger ass and curvy shape.
Disadvantage: I can only have one vodka when I know I can chug-a-lug 12. I can only take one bite out of my fish when in reality I can eat the entire fish grin grin

grin grin grin grin
Re: There Is Nothing Wrong Wearing A Girdle Or A Slimming Shapewear by Winnergal(f): 12:05pm On Nov 18, 2009
SmashingM:

Thanks for the pictures and the information but i have a question.

Does the continuous use of the girdle trims down the stomach?

Yeah! . . . They should be very very tight, tho' . . .
Re: There Is Nothing Wrong Wearing A Girdle Or A Slimming Shapewear by SmashingM(f): 11:07am On Nov 19, 2009
Winnergal:

Thanks very much. I'm going to go look for one.
Re: There Is Nothing Wrong Wearing A Girdle Or A Slimming Shapewear by Ejadamen(f): 12:54pm On Nov 19, 2009
Wow I have been duly educated. Where can one get such lovely shapewear in Nigeria?
Re: There Is Nothing Wrong Wearing A Girdle Or A Slimming Shapewear by Epi: 6:51pm On Nov 19, 2009
Winnergal:

Really?? how is this possible?.
Re: There Is Nothing Wrong Wearing A Girdle Or A Slimming Shapewear by Nobody: 11:19pm On Nov 19, 2009
Lies all lies those things will not take away inches of your waist, as soon as they come off, the love handles and folds appear grin grin.
Re: There Is Nothing Wrong Wearing A Girdle Or A Slimming Shapewear by Winnergal(f): 12:22am On Nov 20, 2009
check out this link . . .

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-263255.0.html

Ebonyeyes:

Lies all lies those things will not take away inches of your waist, as soon as they come off, the love handles and folds appear grin grin.
Epi:

Really?? how is this possible?.
Re: There Is Nothing Wrong Wearing A Girdle Or A Slimming Shapewear by Nobody: 1:41am On Nov 20, 2009
Winnergal:

Oh my, so wrong on many levels.
Re: There Is Nothing Wrong Wearing A Girdle Or A Slimming Shapewear by Ejadamen(f): 2:37pm On Nov 20, 2009
Winnergal:

That woman looks scary and disgusting. For what now?

Ejadamen:

Wow I have been duly educated. Where can one get such lovely shapewear in Nigeria?
No answer?
Re: There Is Nothing Wrong Wearing A Girdle Or A Slimming Shapewear by Ejadamen(f): 7:36pm On Nov 20, 2009
Thanks outstrip!! Will get back to u soon.
Re: There Is Nothing Wrong Wearing A Girdle Or A Slimming Shapewear by Outstrip(f): 4:56pm On Nov 21, 2009
I used a belt when I was about 5 months pregnant with my first child. Similar to this but not as good. It depends on if you stay active when you are pregnant. It is not unusual to see a pregnant mother wearing this while she exercises at the gym. The baby is actually safe and mom can run away merrily on the treadmill

(1) (2) (Reply)

Check Out These Beautiful Heel Sandals And Slippers! Pay On Delivery Service / 10 Annoying Questions On Natural Hair Nigerians Are Tired Of Hearing / 150 Kids Showcased Fashion At America Multicultural Show Hosted By Krystal Okeke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.