Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,414 members, 7,781,202 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 10:35 AM

Why You Should NOT Subscribe To Ntel Internet Service - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why You Should NOT Subscribe To Ntel Internet Service (6244 Views)

Ntel Internet Is Down / Letter Bomb To NTEL By A Disappointed Subscriber Over Tariff Increase / What Happened To NTEL? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why You Should NOT Subscribe To Ntel Internet Service by goodnetizen: 12:33pm On Nov 28, 2016
If you are considering subscribing to the latest internet service provider in town – ntel – I will strongly advise you NOT to subscribe, at least for now.

I will tell you why based on my personal experience with them.

REASON 1: EXPENSIVE ENTRY BARRIER

First, the idea of asking users to buy a 4G phone (the one they recommend is around N75,000) before they can access their service is just so plain ridiculous – it’s a very bad marketing and leadership decision!

And for those who have a 4G modem, you have to pay like N5,000 (depending on where) to crack it and you risk the modem being blocked permanently because of it.

I have used almost all the internet connections available in Nigeria and finally settled on managing Swift until it stopped connecting altogether, so I decided to give Ntel a try.

REASON 2: NTEL IS NOT READY & THEY ARE LYING ABOUT THEIR REACH

Admittedly, I was wary of using them in the first place because they are fairly new and can’t have covered much ground. But then, I also reasoned that they have less people on the network so the connection will be fast.

I decide to give them a try by subscribing N1,000 for two days. In that two days, the connection was faster than all the ones I’ve been using and everything seemed to work fine.

Then I decided to make the big leap by subscribing N10,000 for their one-month plan. Then the unexpected happened!
Few days into my usage, I saw “No Service” written on my modem. I thought maybe it was my location, so I left to an entirely new location, still the same.

Then I called their customer care and I was told that it is because their engineers were doing some maintenance.

What? Maintenance on Monday morning?!!! When I am supposed to use the internet to serve my clients. Responsible ISPs do maintenance at midnight (off-peak period) during the weekend.

This continued for another three days. I had no choice but to subscribe to MTN internet.

REASON 3: POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE

When I asked when the maintenance will be over, they refused to tell me. I contacted all their support channels: email, phone, whatsapp, Facebook. And they all give me the bullshit line: “Be rest assured the service will be restored SOON.”

When is SOON?

Few days after, their service was back. And they didn’t even bother to send an email or text to say it was back. I have to keep powering my modem on and off every day to see if they are now back online.

Two days after, there was no service again. I again called and get the same cover story. This continued till my subscription expired. In all, I was unable to use their service for more than 2 weeks!

REASON 4: IT’S A RIP-OFF

I then concluded that their service is not yet fully ready in my area, yet they advertised it as such and lured me in the first few days. That’s a rip-off!

To quote an email from them sent today (Monday, November 28, 2016), "Within the last 3 weeks, we have added additional 50 base stations around Lekki, Ikeja and Egbeda axis of Lagos state and also expanded the Gwagwalada and Asokoro coverage in Federal Capital Territory (FCT) Abuja."

I asked them to compensate me for the service outage because I didn’t get what I paid for. Their customer care said it’s not in her power to do so. Imagine that!

Funny enough, they sent me a message that my subscription has expired and asked me to re-subscribe.

FORGET NTEL!

So, if you’re thinking about subscribing to Ntel, think again!

I think all these service providers are just taking us for fools, ripping us off with impunity and little is being done about it.
I consider this post a public service, since I can’t take a legal action against them because of N10,000, even though they cost me some serious business.

It’s time to show these people that their clients are the real boss and should be treated well. We can do this by taking our business elsewhere and sharing our personal experiences to prevent others from falling prey to their illicit business practices!

You can even read more about customer complaints here: http://naijaknowhow.com/blog/ntel-4g-network-mixed-reaction-by-concerned-customers/#

1 Like

Re: Why You Should NOT Subscribe To Ntel Internet Service by tracychelsea13: 2:09pm On Nov 28, 2016
Seriously?

I have a different experience about ntel.

The network has worked for me and their customer services is okay.

Maybe you try again.

Pele

goodnetizen:
If you are considering subscribing to the latest internet service provider in town – ntel – I will strongly advise you NOT to subscribe, at least for now.

First, the idea of asking users to buy a 4G phone (the one they recommend is around N75,000) before they can access their service is just so plain ridiculous – it’s a very bad marketing and leadership decision!

And for those who have a 4G modem, you have to pay like N5,000 (depending on where) to crack it and you risk the modem being blocked permanently because of it.

I have used almost all the internet connections available in Nigeria and finally settled on managing Swift until it stopped connecting altogether, so I decided to give Ntel a try.

Admittedly, I was wary of using them in the first place because they are fairly new and can’t have covered much ground. But then, I also reasoned that they have less people on the network so the connection will be fast.

I decide to give them a try by subscribing N1,000 for two days. In that two days, the connection was faster than all the ones I’ve been using and everything seemed to work fine.

Then I decided to make the big leap by subscribing N10,000 for their one-month plan. Then the unexpected happened!
Few days into my usage, I saw “No Service” written on my modem. I thought maybe it was my location, so I left to an entirely new location, still the same.

Then I called their customer care and I was told that it is because their engineers were doing some maintenance.

What? Maintenance on Monday morning?!!! When I am supposed to use the internet to serve my clients. Responsible ISPs do maintenance at midnight (off-peak period) during the weekend.

This continued for another three days. I had no choice but to subscribe to MTN internet.

When I asked when the maintenance will be over, they refused to tell me. I contacted all their support channels: email, phone, whatsapp, Facebook. And they all give me the bullshit line: “Be rest assured the service will be restored SOON.”

When is SOON?

Few days after, their service was back. And they didn’t even bother to send an email or text to say it was back. I have to keep powering my modem on and off every day to see if they are now back online.

Two days after, there was no service again. I again called and get the same cover story. This continued till my subscription expired. In all, I was unable to use their service for more than 2 weeks!

I then concluded that their service is not yet fully ready in my area, yet they advertised it as such and lured me in the first few days. That’s a rip-off!

To quote an email from them sent today (Monday, November 28, 2016), "Within the last 3 weeks, we have added additional 50 base stations around Lekki, Ikeja and Egbeda axis of Lagos state and also expanded the Gwagwalada and Asokoro coverage in Federal Capital Territory (FCT) Abuja."

I asked them to compensate me for the service outage because I didn’t get what I paid for. Their customer care said it’s not in her power to do so. Imagine that!

Funny enough, they sent me a message that my subscription has expired and asked me to re-subscribe.

FORGET NTEL!

I think all these service providers are just taking us for fools, ripping us off with impunity and little is being done about it.
I consider this post a public service, since I can’t take a legal action against them because of N10,000, even though they cost me some serious business.

It’s time to show these people that their clients are the real boss and should be treated well. We can do this by taking our business elsewhere and sharing our personal experiences to prevent others from falling prey to their illicit business practices!

You can even read more about customer complaints here: http://naijaknowhow.com/blog/ntel-4g-network-mixed-reaction-by-concerned-customers/#

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Should NOT Subscribe To Ntel Internet Service by Sojebrand(m): 9:05pm On Nov 28, 2016
If u dey area wen Ntel dey, THIS things wen u write na only u go come change am, I no say the speed no fast as u first try am o, na everybody dey experience am, na Ntel I dey take stream till tomorrow guy no try this kind play again o, na our only live saver for now be dis o, e no be like those network(mtn,airtel, but glo dey try small,etimumu,switf Spectranet and co)
Re: Why You Should NOT Subscribe To Ntel Internet Service by deor03(m): 12:13pm On Nov 29, 2016
Why spending so much time attempting to de-market them.

You must be new to telecoms or being sponsored by a competition. Because , i see no rationale, why you will open a whole tread to slander a network growing quite fast

Time registered: November 28, 2016 This says it all

goodnetizen:

When is SOON?

FORGET NTEL!

1 Like

Re: Why You Should NOT Subscribe To Ntel Internet Service by Wilfem(m): 2:15pm On Nov 29, 2016
Bros, how much were you paid for this 'de-marketing' job you're doing here? I've been using Ntel since their inception around April in Abuja, I've also instroduced the network to different offices and they're all satisfied with their services, even though everything may not be all that perfect, but that's what they still use up till now. I'll just suggest or advise that you try their services again, probably in a different location.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should NOT Subscribe To Ntel Internet Service by Horlaarsco: 2:24pm On Nov 29, 2016
You are posting problem yet there is blog link oga oooo
Re: Why You Should NOT Subscribe To Ntel Internet Service by Dam5reey(m): 10:17pm On Nov 29, 2016
Op E be like say make God of thunder fire you...

There are several network in Naija... Use the one that meet your needs...

I did a whopping 71.1GB just this week with 3k plan... That is Value for money..

I'm back to MTN now.. constantly checking my data usage.. every now and then...

1 Like

Re: Why You Should NOT Subscribe To Ntel Internet Service by mikron(m): 1:20am On Nov 30, 2016
dude NTEL rocks, maybe the problem is ur locaton, try browsing in another ntel covered location and experience what 4g speed is all about, my advice to u: do not blacklist them
Re: Why You Should NOT Subscribe To Ntel Internet Service by NewsOnline: 4:19am On Sep 02, 2018
I wish I read this post five months ago before subscribing to Ntel. It started well but after the first few weeks, service would disappear for half of the day. I'd been managing their 3k weekly unlimited data plan but it was wahala to renew after my subscription expired- you'd pay and it would take them the whole day to activate your plan. So last month, I decided to do the 17.5k monthly plan so I wouldn't have to renew every week. Three whole days passed with time/money spent on calling customer care but the data plan was still not activated despite their incessant "it will be activated soon."

I have to use data to work so I dusted another ISP's modem and shelled out another 18k for another subscription. Ntel told me they will suspend the activation of my subscription until I call in to request it. I have been calling and e-mailing to request activation for the past three days now. Their site has been down since. Their phones are unreachable and my e-mails are bouncing back from their mailbox. The only way to reach them now is to go and write a comment on their Facebook posts as you cannot even post directly to their timeline- this approach seems useless as my complaint is buried among over 600 other complaints in their FB post comments.

I'm tired of it all. I'll probably have to go to their office next week.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why You Should NOT Subscribe To Ntel Internet Service by omoadeleye(m): 8:04am On Sep 02, 2018
Wow.. this is too much, thanks for letting us know all the same

1 Like

Re: Why You Should NOT Subscribe To Ntel Internet Service by henry007(m): 8:46am On Sep 02, 2018
goodnetizen:

When is SOON?

FORGET NTEL!

Can someone even subscribe to Ntel at the moment when their online platform is down?

It has been down for 3 weeks now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why You Should NOT Subscribe To Ntel Internet Service by NewsOnline: 9:23pm On Sep 02, 2018
Update-

I finally got through to Ntel (yesterday) after three days of trying. The girl I spoke with was very curt and unapologetic with her "call back in the morning..." No sign of concern about the hassle the network put one through. Anyway, I just got through again and the new customer care person I spoke with told me that their activation platform has been undergoing maintenance hence the 3-day delay in activation that led to me to request that activation of my subscription be suspended last month. I think subscribers should have been notified of this maintenance and how long it would take instead of being told the usual "it will be activated soon" so that we can better manage our options.

Keeping my fingers crossed for better service from this network this month. Some networks have terrible customer service but NTel's service combines terrible and almost non-existent. I only stick with them because their unlimited data plan has no data cap.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should NOT Subscribe To Ntel Internet Service by omarBOFLOT: 7:47am On Sep 27, 2018
actually Ntel is the worst choice if you are in Lekki
I have been getting 1bar or none sometimes with speed test of 64kb ,I used to get 3-5 mb

I have changed to another company and I will keep making posts everywhere to show me fustration with Ntel.
customer service treat you like they own you.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should NOT Subscribe To Ntel Internet Service by Netwrk: 11:19pm On Nov 23, 2018
HAHAHA!
My experience is wayyyy different. i stay in lagos.
the only problem i have with them is the incinsistency. they were really making something big.. getting bigger, And then BOOM!
Ntel went MIA for about 5 months now or so.
goodnetizen:

When is SOON?

FORGET NTEL!

Re: Why You Should NOT Subscribe To Ntel Internet Service by TimmyDennyd: 2:07am On Dec 11, 2018
Oh no...mine was worst ...i top up my acct ..and called the care center..trust non of the communicating platforms were going tru..my work is at stake up till now....today i tried paying directly nd top up for bolt on max...still my data isnt reflecting.....i cant browse after topping up ...please what do u suggest i do..thanks
Re: Why You Should NOT Subscribe To Ntel Internet Service by yourboy: 6:50pm On Aug 22, 2019
When is ntel coming to Zaria abeg
Re: Why You Should NOT Subscribe To Ntel Internet Service by Nobody: 8:55pm On Nov 24, 2019
This thread is still relevant today. Ntel is trash, don't ever fall into the trap of subscribing to their useless service.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Should NOT Subscribe To Ntel Internet Service by Abduletudaye(m): 9:29am On Nov 26, 2019
emrain:
This thread is still relevant today. Ntel is trash, don't ever fall into the trap of subscribing to their useless service.

Lol.. speak for yourself oga wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why You Should NOT Subscribe To Ntel Internet Service by Nobody: 9:40am On Nov 26, 2019
Abduletudaye:

Lol.. speak for yourself oga wink

You had no reason or whatsoever to quote me. Well, I have noticed you.

For other people considering ntel check the image below.

That's what you get sometimes with ntel. ntel is not reliable just like tizeti. MTN remains the most reliable network in Nigeria with wide coverage. I hope they dole out an unlimited plan in the nearest future.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why You Should NOT Subscribe To Ntel Internet Service by Abduletudaye(m): 10:49am On Nov 26, 2019
emrain:

That's what you get sometimes with ntel. ntel is not reliable just like tizeti. MTN remains the most reliable network in Nigeria with wide coverage. I hope they dole out an unlimited plan in the nearest future.

Lol cheesy
Re: Why You Should NOT Subscribe To Ntel Internet Service by DaveHert(m): 11:25am On Nov 26, 2019
emrain:

I do have my problems with Ntel but other than Swift they seem to be the only ones offering unlimited data. The only problem is their network speed, I just can't get more than 600kbs on average and that's terrible for a so called 4G network, other than that they are okay. I mean I was on their monthly unlimited night plan for 5k and was able to download up to 250gb. I stopped subscribing when they increased it to 10k.

Currently managing their 2days unlimited plan for 1.5k and it is honestly servicing for most of my heavy downloads, I've done it twice now and have been able to download 170gb worth of files. That's 3k in 4 days. I just wish they would up their internet speed so I have inventive to pay 10k for the monthly night plan.

From your tone am guessing their reception in ur area isn't as good as mine, to that end I guess it boils down to location. Sorry about that.

Re: Why You Should NOT Subscribe To Ntel Internet Service by DaveHert(m): 11:28am On Nov 26, 2019
emrain:

Wow! That's one depressing network speed. Guess coverage in ur area is in the red, you should have checked their coverage map b4 joining the network.

And MTN doesn't offer any unlimited plans so obviously their network speed will be decent considering they don't have users constantly prone to heavy downloads.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why You Should NOT Subscribe To Ntel Internet Service by Nobody: 1:06pm On Nov 26, 2019
DaveHert:

I do have my problems with Ntel but other than Swift they seem to be the only ones offering unlimited data. The only problem is their network speed, I just can't get more than 600kbs on average and that's terrible for a so called 4G network, other than that they are okay. I mean I was on their monthly unlimited night plan for 5k and was able to download up to 250gb. I stopped subscribing when they increased it to 10k.

Currently managing their 2days unlimited plan for 1.5k and it is honestly servicing for most of my heavy downloads, I've done it twice now and have been able to download 170gb worth of files. That's 3k in 4 days. I just wish they would up their internet speed so I have inventive to pay 10k for the monthly night plan.

From your tone am guessing their reception in ur area isn't as good as mine, to that end I guess it boils down to location. Sorry about that.

Perhaps your guess is wrong.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why You Should NOT Subscribe To Ntel Internet Service by Abduletudaye(m): 10:37am On Nov 29, 2019
emrain:

Perhaps your guess is wrong.

Do you mind if i offer you a complementary extra two days unlimited after your subscription expires?
Re: Why You Should NOT Subscribe To Ntel Internet Service by iammiracle1(m): 6:54pm On Dec 14, 2019
Abduletudaye:

Do you mind if i offer you a complementary extra two days unlimited after your subscription expires?

I don't mind o,how do i get the Ntel n offer?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why You Should NOT Subscribe To Ntel Internet Service by bravesoul247(m): 9:17pm On Dec 14, 2019
People having different experience with Ntel.
Re: Why You Should NOT Subscribe To Ntel Internet Service by bravesoul247(m): 9:21pm On Dec 14, 2019
DaveHert:

I wonder why we can't maintain good service in Nigeria. There's no reliable Internet service except airtel way de try
Re: Why You Should NOT Subscribe To Ntel Internet Service by WonderJohn(m): 9:09pm On Feb 02, 2020
When my house first bought ntel, we were getting speeds of 30mbps (Which when converted to download speed is about 3.75MBps.) and I am happy to say that we were in that range, this was years ago. Now, I am not expecting that same speed over time but at least, at fucking least 2MBps or even worse comes to worse 1MBps. But no, I can't even get 600kBps download speed at all, not during the night, day or afternoon. What the hell has happened, their portal isn't working, if you subscribe to a data plan you therefore cannot monitor your data, you can't subscribe through ntel, you must use Jumia or quickteller. Like, what the hell. What happened to you guys. If your network speeds were at least still good, maybe in the range of 1.5MBps - 2.6MBps I wouldn't mind much. And that is not an unreasonable request, because fucking Airtel has exactly those speeds. I have been using them since 31st January and it has been so beautiful, yes, they may not have an unlimited plan but, with the same 18,500 i pay on ntel, i can get through the month still doing my basic online routine day after day. Ntel, you guys are officially the worst network in Nigeria. EVEN FUCKING GLO is faster than Ntel, let that sink in.
Re: Why You Should NOT Subscribe To Ntel Internet Service by toluxa1(m): 12:30am On Feb 04, 2020
WonderJohn:
When my house first bought ntel, we were getting speeds of 30mbps (Which when converted to download speed is about 3.75MBps.) and I am happy to say that we were in that range, this was years ago. Now, I am not expecting that same speed over time but at least, at fucking least 2MBps or even worse comes to worse 1MBps. But no, I can't even get 600kBps download speed at all, not during the night, day or afternoon. What the hell has happened, their portal isn't working, if you subscribe to a data plan you therefore cannot monitor your data, you can't subscribe through ntel, you must use Jumia or quickteller. Like, what the hell. What happened to you guys. If your network speeds were at least still good, maybe in the range of 1.5MBps - 2.6MBps I wouldn't mind much. And that is not an unreasonable request, because fucking Airtel has exactly those speeds. I have been using them since 31st January and it has been so beautiful, yes, they may not have an unlimited plan but, with the same 18,500 i pay on ntel, i can get through the month still doing my basic online routine day after day. Ntel, you guys are officially the worst network in Nigeria. EVEN FUCKING GLO is faster than Ntel, let that sink in.

NCC should revoke their license. I just wasted my money in Jan, half of the month no network. The whole of today, no network

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Should NOT Subscribe To Ntel Internet Service by Nemesisobaara: 3:10pm On May 10, 2023
Honestly, Ntel is the worst network in Nigeria. Imagine I have subscribed 25k unlimited plan twice now and couldn't use it for more than three days. No network for weeks and they keeping saying that they are doing maintenance. Thieves!
Re: Why You Should NOT Subscribe To Ntel Internet Service by Parachoko: 4:05pm On May 10, 2023
NTEL go furstrate your life if you buy am
Re: Why You Should NOT Subscribe To Ntel Internet Service by Parachoko: 4:11pm On May 10, 2023
goodnetizen:
If

Is so sad nothing has change in 2023

No better ISP in Nigeria except Starlink

(1) (2) (Reply)

Best Android Phones Under 200k In Nigeria / MTN Stop This Na! Dial *170# At Your Own Detriment / 3 Android Phones With More Than 6000mah Battery That Doesn't Cost A Fortune

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.