Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,690 members, 7,802,007 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:47 AM

The Message I Got From A Canadian Company... Urgent Reply Pls - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Message I Got From A Canadian Company... Urgent Reply Pls (1462 Views)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Message I Got From A Canadian Company... Urgent Reply Pls by Bakrabas: 12:45pm On Nov 28, 2016
The company directed me to immigration in Canada I've submitted all the requirements to the immigration last months. But the company asked to resume on or before 26/12/2016.

I didn't hear anything from immigration of Canada up till now.

Do I need to go their Embassy here in Lagos

Pls urgent reply

Dear Applicant
We have received and documented your filled form .You are expected to start up employment on the 26-12-2016 and all the arrangement need to be made as fast as possible. Be informed that you are to resume work on the 26-12-2016, as some applicants have started arriving in the company, you are advise to do all your possible best to see that you are here at the company on or before the stated date. You should submit your Visa processing required documents together with the medical fitness result to the Canadian Immigration immediately for your working Visa process.

Official Employment Terms and Conditions:
1. Accommodation: provided by the company.
2. Medical Entitlement is provided by the company.
3. Air Ticket: provided by the company.
4. Working Hours: 8 hours per day for 6 days per week.
5. Transportation: free of cost.
6. Contract Period: 3 years.
7. Probation Period: 90 days with monthly salary paid.
8. Leave period: 30 days paid per year.
9. Employment Contract letter will be sign in person after end of Probation Period and traning.
10.The company has already registered your information and data's to the Canada Labour Market Impact Assessment.

The Immigration know that we only give offer of employment letter after employees arrival to the Company. We do not issue online contract letter. The Company will issue you temporal contract letter immediately after your Visa approval by the Canadian Immigration. After end of Probation Period the company will then withdraw the temporal contract letter from you and issue you a full contract letter that will cover you to work for a period of three years. A copy of your invitation letter and flight booking form will be send to you immediately your working Visa document is approved by the Canadian Immigration.

Go ahead and submit your complete Visa processing required documents together with your medical to the Canadian Immigration for your working Visa processing and approval.

Sincerely,

Nissan Canada
Human Resource Management (HRM)
Nissan Canada, Inc.
Re: The Message I Got From A Canadian Company... Urgent Reply Pls by Flaghouse1: 1:03pm On Nov 28, 2016
Firstly, get the company to send letter to the embassy on your behalf to enable them fast track your visa application. I have a question for you when you applied for visa ,in your visa form did you in any way indicate any relationship with the company,if yes they may be doing background check to confirm if the company really wants your service .in all still notify the company that your visa application is in process and iftheyresanything they can do to fast track it
Re: The Message I Got From A Canadian Company... Urgent Reply Pls by ttmacoy: 1:21pm On Nov 28, 2016
Did you apply to Nissan in Canada for a job or just got an email from them?

I'm sorry but reading that email it looks like a scam to me, and I did a quick Google search and this was confirmed. A reputable company like Nissan will not send you an email for someone already offered a job with dear applicant and also no specific HR contact who sent you the email.

Also a reputable company will not give you such an ultimatum as they would understand the immigration process. Please be careful sending documents or money.

Also can you confirm the email address you got the job confirmation from? I can bet it is not an official Nissan email address.

also employment contract signed after probation is a red flag and no no no. You sign your employment contract even before applying for a visa and it will state you will be on probation. You do not wait till after probation to sign a contract.

Bakrabas:
The company directed me to immigration in Canada I've submitted all the requirements to the immigration last months. But the company asked to resume on or before 26/12/2016.

I didn't hear anything from immigration of Canada up till now.

Do I need to go their Embassy here in Lagos

Pls urgent reply

Dear Applicant
We have received and documented your filled form .You are expected to start up employment on the 26-12-2016 and all the arrangement need to be made as fast as possible. Be informed that you are to resume work on the 26-12-2016, as some applicants have started arriving in the company, you are advise to do all your possible best to see that you are here at the company on or before the stated date. You should submit your Visa processing required documents together with the medical fitness result to the Canadian Immigration immediately for your working Visa process.

Official Employment Terms and Conditions:
1. Accommodation: provided by the company.
2. Medical Entitlement is provided by the company.
3. Air Ticket: provided by the company.
4. Working Hours: 8 hours per day for 6 days per week.
5. Transportation: free of cost.
6. Contract Period: 3 years.
7. Probation Period: 90 days with monthly salary paid.
8. Leave period: 30 days paid per year.
9. Employment Contract letter will be sign in person after end of Probation Period and traning.
10.The company has already registered your information and data's to the Canada Labour Market Impact Assessment.

The Immigration know that we only give offer of employment letter after employees arrival to the Company. We do not issue online contract letter. The Company will issue you temporal contract letter immediately after your Visa approval by the Canadian Immigration. After end of Probation Period the company will then withdraw the temporal contract letter from you and issue you a full contract letter that will cover you to work for a period of three years. A copy of your invitation letter and flight booking form will be send to you immediately your working Visa document is approved by the Canadian Immigration.

Go ahead and submit your complete Visa processing required documents together with your medical to the Canadian Immigration for your working Visa processing and approval.

Sincerely,

Nissan Canada
Human Resource Management (HRM)
Nissan Canada, Inc.

2 Likes

Re: The Message I Got From A Canadian Company... Urgent Reply Pls by Bakrabas: 1:30pm On Nov 28, 2016
Ttmacoy I am relieved with what you just said, though I have many job application in Canada. It September time I got the application form from the company. Immediately I filled it, they sent me immigration contact to submit my visa processing.

I've submitted it but since then, I didn't from them.

Though they never ask me for money but I think at this point I'll stop pressing the application

ttmacoy:
Did you apply to Nissan in Canada for a job or just got an email from them?

I'm sorry but reading that email it looks like a scam to me, and I did a quick Google search and this was confirmed. A reputable company like Nissan will not send you an email for someone already offered a job with dear applicant and also no specific HR contact who sent you the email.

Also a reputable company will not give you such an ultimatum as they would understand the immigration process. Please be careful sending documents or money.

Also can you confirm the email address you got the job confirmation from? I can bet it is not an official Nissan email address.

also employment contract signed after probation is a red flag and no no no. You sign your employment contract even before applying for a visa and it will state you will be on probation. You do not wait till after probation to sign a contract.

Re: The Message I Got From A Canadian Company... Urgent Reply Pls by Bakrabas: 1:32pm On Nov 28, 2016
I appreciate your reply bro... Endless success in our endeavours

Flaghouse1:
Firstly, get the company to send letter to the embassy on your behalf to enable them fast track your visa application. I have a question for you when you applied for visa ,in your visa form did you in any way indicate any relationship with the company,if yes they may be doing background check to confirm if the company really wants your service .in all still notify the company that your visa application is in process and iftheyresanything they can do to fast track it
Re: The Message I Got From A Canadian Company... Urgent Reply Pls by justwise(m): 1:40pm On Nov 28, 2016
Bakrabas:
Ttmacoy I am relieved with what you just said, though I have many job application in Canada. It September time I got the application form from the company. Immediately I filled it, they sent me immigration contact to submit my visa processing.

Though they never ask me for money but I think at this point I'll stop pressing the application

Dude you are about to be scammed

2 Likes

Re: The Message I Got From A Canadian Company... Urgent Reply Pls by ttmacoy: 1:43pm On Nov 28, 2016
I think it is wise you stop the application, you can't get a job in Canada from Nigeria that easily. Even Canadians in Canada don't get jobs just that easily with just an application, no interview, no tests, nothing.

Also for a reputable company like Nissan, they will actually support you through the visa process if indeed you have a proper job offer with them rather than leave you to sort it out and give you ultimatums.

Bakrabas:

Re: The Message I Got From A Canadian Company... Urgent Reply Pls by Bakrabas: 2:30pm On Nov 28, 2016
More blessings bro. Where's the money that scammer wants to collect I only look up to Go the reason why I pursue it to this level is because they never ask for money, I usually stop for online stuffs like this when it come to payment ... Bah kudi

ttmacoy:
I think it is wise you stop the application, you can't get a job in Canada from Nigeria that easily. Even Canadians in Canada don't get jobs just that easily with just an application, no interview, no tests, nothing.

Also for a reputable company like Nissan, they will actually support you through the visa process if indeed you have a proper job offer with them rather than leave you to sort it out and give you ultimatums.

Re: The Message I Got From A Canadian Company... Urgent Reply Pls by omega25red(m): 4:42pm On Nov 28, 2016
poster

i think you are about to be scammed. the details in the letter that raised red flags for me are as follows

North american companies do not offer 30 days holiday for new employees. everyone gets 2 weeks.
companies aren't paying for accommodation then putting you on 90 day probation
companies will not provide airfare for a new employee. US govt jobs for example stopped paying relocation fees for govt employees needless to say a new employee flying in from Africa.
in most places in north America, working 8 hours a day for 6 days is illegal (6 days part i mean)
if you work 8 hours a day for 5 days is the norm in most fortune 500 companies people who do the over 5 days are working overtime

these are red flags to me but, the person hasn't asked you for money yet so it might be legit. As soon as they ask for money, Run for your life
Re: The Message I Got From A Canadian Company... Urgent Reply Pls by symbianDON(m): 7:46pm On Nov 28, 2016
pure scam letter!! Canadians don't write that way...lmao@ do your possible best grin what kind of English is that??
Re: The Message I Got From A Canadian Company... Urgent Reply Pls by Bakrabas: 8:43am On Nov 29, 2016
He just asked CAD412...i just smile and ask him to borrow me till I arrive

ttmacoy:

2 Likes

Re: The Message I Got From A Canadian Company... Urgent Reply Pls by obeke(m): 10:18am On Nov 29, 2016
SCAM!!!
Re: The Message I Got From A Canadian Company... Urgent Reply Pls by ttmacoy: 12:53pm On Nov 29, 2016
Lol in this era of forex scarcity.

Bakrabas:

He just asked CAD412...i just smile and ask him to borrow me till I arrive

Re: The Message I Got From A Canadian Company... Urgent Reply Pls by Bakrabas: 3:19pm On Nov 29, 2016
I'll soon send the whole story including the Canadian Immigration email he used

ttmacoy:
Lol in this era of forex scarcity.

(1) (Reply)

Ukraine Now Free Visa To EU / Uber And Taxify’s Drivers Safety Measures In Lagos & Abuja. / Racism: Now I Know That There Is Racism!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.