Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,970 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:30 AM

Shock As MMM Participant Commits Suicide In Enugu - Investment (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Shock As MMM Participant Commits Suicide In Enugu (112859 Views)

Bad News For Guiders As MMM Announces New Strategy / Anxiety As MMM Again Removes GH Of Mavrodians / Before You Go Ahead To Provide Help As MMM Returns, Take Note! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shock As MMM Participant Commits Suicide In Enugu by Nobody: 7:56am On Nov 29, 2016
bellville:
And how did MMM make him commit suicide? Why are people trying hard to pull down MMM? So any MMM participant that dies now died because of MMM.

Mr MMM Show me your 30% profit. cool
Re: Shock As MMM Participant Commits Suicide In Enugu by Garshyzee(m): 7:59am On Nov 29, 2016
this is sad.,d rate at which some cynics are trying so hard so dat mmm crashes.... d country has failed its citizens. mmm came to bring some joy..and yet some dull peeps still want it to fail.. propagating false and provocative writeups upandan......well i have news fr uall..MMM will not fail...because d failure of mmm depends on we d participants... and im sure we re nt gonna let dat happen...we stay strong and together WE CHANGE WORLD cool
Re: Shock As MMM Participant Commits Suicide In Enugu by Nobody: 7:59am On Nov 29, 2016
uzolexis:

I think every one will feel bad if they loose money. If you want to make something out of this scheme you have to put a substantial amount of money so the interest is huge, you can't put something like 1k in MMM the interest is just N300, and to me it don't make sense. You have to put money that would give you substantial interest spare money talk don't make sense IMO.
Yea you re right...

1 Like

Re: Shock As MMM Participant Commits Suicide In Enugu by oaroloye(m): 8:02am On Nov 29, 2016
SHALOM!

Splinz:
– The body of a final year student of the University of Nigeria, Nsukka has been found dangling from a rope in his room

What the Bleep is that matter with this guy?

Doesn't he like Igbo Babes?

A final year student of agricultural engineering at the University of Nigeria, Nsukka, who is also reported to be a participant of the Mavrodi Mondial Movement investment scheme (MMM), has committed suicide.

The correct time to commit suicide in a Nigeria Institution is in the freshman year- when you see the facilities.

Surviving four years, then offing yourself? Makes no sense!

AGRICULTURAL ENGINEERING?

Even less sense!

He wants money in a hurry?

Grab a machete and a how, and PLANT TOMATOES!

They're one of the biggest crops there are, now.

YAMS? BITTERLEAF? MORINGA?

Premium Times reports the student, identified as Tobechukwu Okeke was found on Sunday morning, November 27, dangling from a rope in his room at Odenigwe, a community in Nsukka, Enugu state.

The deceased was said to have left a note behind where he apologised to his family, according to accounts by a neighbor close to the family.

The contents of the note read: “Mother, Father, brother, I’m sorry. Ify, may your children never suffer. Uncle Mathias, you gave me all. I am sorry. Death calls. Linguistic department, I am sorry. Okeke Tobechukwu S. 2012/185649,” the neighbour, who did not want to be named, quoted

The first step must be to PROVE that the note was in HIS OWN HANDWRITING.

Of course, the whole ZOO must have trampled through the CRIME SCENE, obfuscating any CLUES.

Though the cause of Mr. Okeke’s death is yet to be ascertained, some of his neighbours suggested that he was in debt, some said he was tired of schooling, others attributed his suicide to the loss of money in a network business he invested into.

THE CAUSE OF HIS DEATH IS TOTALLY ESTABLISHED: ROPE + NECK + GRAVITY = DEAD GUY DANGLING!

It is the cause of his SUICIDE that is undetermined!

The deceased’s last Facebook posts showed he had been involved in the controversial MMM scheme as he used his account to advertise the scheme.

His last post, in September, read: “MMM is enriching lives of millions of Nigerians everyday. If you care to join or you have any questions please send me a message or comment below.”

I do not understand how that statement could be a lie.

PYRAMID SCHEMES WORK- until the day that they don't.

For MMM, that surely has to be some time off into the future.

One of the deceased’s colleagues, who also did not want to be named, said he was given an electrical wiring job to do at the department of linguistics in the university, because of his expertise in electrical works. I saw him this (Sunday) morning, he seemed to have a problem which he needed money to solve,” the colleague added.

There are numerous ways to "make money."

This is no cause to commit suicide.

The university authorities have also confirmed the incident, but said the family had not officially informed the institution.

Who is supposed to inform whom?

The institution has to tell the family that their boy is dead.

What is the family supposed to know?

Uju Umo, the university’s dean of student affairs said: “I travelled for a burial last weekend and yesterday I got a text message saying a student had committed suicide.”

“It happened at Odenigwe, one of the host communities outside the school and I was told he left a suicide note apologising to his fellow gamblers.”

That is not what the note says.

Similarly, Chukwu Emmanuel, the university’s student union president, also confirmed the incident, and said the matter was being investigated. “There’s no concrete details for now,” he added.

ONLY IN NIGERIA:

You have a CORPSE.

You have a SUICIDE NOTE.

BUT NO CONCRETE DETAILS!

In the case of an Oyinbo committing suicide, the first thing they cover up is what PRESCRIPTION DRUGS he was on.

All those insane school/street massacres you read about?

They were probably on some stupid Drug Prescription that not only "washed" their brains- but bleached and ironed them, too.

When you use Chemicals to help you think rationally, and those Chemicals are taken away, you suddenly find that you cannot think sensibly.
Re: Shock As MMM Participant Commits Suicide In Enugu by camanito(m): 8:09am On Nov 29, 2016
My people perish because of lack of knowledge. What actually motivated me to join MMM was when I saw people around me received alert. People are out there making cool cash and you are here condemning the scheme. A piece of advice to some people here, some of your close friends are out there making money from MMM and they won't tell you simply because they want you to always beg or ask them for money. Just this morning I registered more of my friends. PM me if interested. MMM PAYS!!! The choice is yours.

Re: Shock As MMM Participant Commits Suicide In Enugu by tkondscreen(m): 8:10am On Nov 29, 2016
If I talk, Seun and his moderator will ban me again. But, I will still comment, no matter what.

It is disheartening that the Moderator of this forum and the owner are working for some people to pull down MMM.

Sorry to say, this is a failed mission from the start.

MMM as come to stay.

I just got increase from MMM today. Nairaland, as good as people like me love this site should not involve in this kind of nonsense.

He committed suicide, not because of MMM, but reason(s) best known to him.

So, If you sleep with your wife and you die the next 6hrs later, will you say you have died of MAGUN?

MMM is God sent.

Imagine me, smiling this morning because of MMM.

MMM has nothing to do with the caption.

1 Like

Re: Shock As MMM Participant Commits Suicide In Enugu by Mujtahida: 8:18am On Nov 29, 2016
linearity:

Yes, one can be burnt by MMM and the fine print while joining, clearly states that one should only use the money they can afford to lose.

MMM is a Ponzi scheme that relies on new members to pay off old members. It is not a business, does not invest your money in any business nor they sell and service or products whose profits is redistributed to members.

The 30% 'profit' they give you is from the seed money of old members. Hence it is members that first jump up to defend the Ponzi scheme, because the secret for them getting their money back is only when new gullible members of the public joins.

Eventually, it is going to crumble under it's own weight, depending on how long one had joined, they will make money or lose money.

The problem with Ponzi schemes is that, they are illegal under the eyes of the law and when it crumbles and the people that lose money seeks for justice, the old members will be under the hook to cough up the 'profits' they have made and even their seed money, because they profited from an illegal activities.

Agreed, the few smart ones will ascorn and disappear into the thin air, but a few innocent ones will be looking their feets in kirikiri until they or their relatives can cough up the money that was redistributed to them.
So you don't know that- going by your trotting the ponzi scheme trope- that banks are ponzi schemes. When monkey eats your banana you are happy because you are used to the idea of monkeys earing your banana but when Gorilla eats it you start shouting all over town ponzi scheme, ponzi scheme
Re: Shock As MMM Participant Commits Suicide In Enugu by Ruggedman1155: 8:26am On Nov 29, 2016
bellville:
And how did MMM make him commit suicide? Why are people trying hard to pull down MMM? So any MMM participant that dies now died because of MMM.
i feel u bros
Re: Shock As MMM Participant Commits Suicide In Enugu by Mujtahida: 8:28am On Nov 29, 2016
Billyonaire:

That is so inspiring. Money comes and money goes. Life remains. This is all I need to make a vital decision in the next 24hrs. Thanks, ride on with the MMM. Goodluck with the ponzi scheme.
What are banks oga it's a ponzi scheme, it's a ponzi scheme. Pray tell me what the difference is between MMM and the banks. Ever heard of banksters? Do you know what usury is and how it is created? Do you know how banks create money particularly debt money out of thin air?
Re: Shock As MMM Participant Commits Suicide In Enugu by salvation77177: 8:31am On Nov 29, 2016
Big lie.A wicked fabrication.A work of the enemies of good things in this country. MMM has nothing to do with his death. MMM has not so far defrauded anyone. He killed himself for a reason known to him alone, not MMM.
I can boldly say he was a coward who bowed to the deceiveness of the devil. Death is not, and can never be the solution to the problem of life. Only cowards take their own lives. He had every opportunity to make it in life but the devil cunningly deceived him to kill himself and face the judgment of God.
Re: Shock As MMM Participant Commits Suicide In Enugu by multicolored(f): 8:32am On Nov 29, 2016
Please,what's the minimum amount required? I want to join MMM. What are the procedures for registration?
Re: Shock As MMM Participant Commits Suicide In Enugu by Nobody: 8:36am On Nov 29, 2016
chocolateme:
Hmm.. What has MMM gat to do with this? They just wanna start creating unnecessary discomfort and nervousness among people.

They have started mapping out strategies on how to discredit MMM. Watch out for more untrue stories attached with MMM

If care is not taken, its the gullible and myopic Nigerians that will use their hands to kill and destroy the existence of MMM in this kwontiri

FTC
CHOCOLATE CREAM
I'm with you brother, MMM to me plays the messiah to the common man which the government cannot.

1 Like

Re: Shock As MMM Participant Commits Suicide In Enugu by abimbawealth(f): 8:45am On Nov 29, 2016
multicolored:
Please,what's the minimum amount required? I want to join MMM. What are the procedures for registration?
Any amount is cool, but start with 20k
Re: Shock As MMM Participant Commits Suicide In Enugu by TheAlchemist: 8:54am On Nov 29, 2016
Keneking:
no link between MMM & deceased

Be careful what you text.... don't make yourself a prime suspect! DSS read articles on nairaland!
Re: Shock As MMM Participant Commits Suicide In Enugu by Nobody: 8:54am On Nov 29, 2016
GMBuhari:
Did he die?

No o. E go buy recharge card for heaven. grin

1 Like

Re: Shock As MMM Participant Commits Suicide In Enugu by Nobody: 9:01am On Nov 29, 2016
TheAlchemist:

Be careful what you text.... don't make yourself a prime suspect! DSS read articles on nairaland!

Show how MMM has caused the death. Nonsense
Re: Shock As MMM Participant Commits Suicide In Enugu by Hargbo(m): 9:12am On Nov 29, 2016
[size=50pt]how[/size] [size=50pt]is his[/size] [size=80pt]Death[/size] [size=50pt]related[/size] [size=50pt]to MMM[/size] [size=50pt]now. Nonsense post[/size]

1 Like

Re: Shock As MMM Participant Commits Suicide In Enugu by Copershun: 9:14am On Nov 29, 2016
Junk journalism..I happen to know tobe personally. See how it all went down, tobe is an ardent gambler with d bet9ja platform(bet9ja virtual), he is a debtor and also squandered d money given to him by linguistic department for a project hence d apology he gave 2 dat department. The guy doesn't even like mmm as he beleives its a waste of time waiting for ones money to mature in a month.dats y he prefers the bet9ja vitual dat pays in 2minutes. Pls u guys should leave mmm out of this

2 Likes

Re: Shock As MMM Participant Commits Suicide In Enugu by Legacy80s(m): 9:27am On Nov 29, 2016
Re: Shock As MMM Participant Commits Suicide In Enugu by basybasy: 9:28am On Nov 29, 2016
my pple. I have not joined mmm, but i love it and i will join it next mth.
Re: Shock As MMM Participant Commits Suicide In Enugu by bellville: 9:35am On Nov 29, 2016
I invested my 30% profit in my business. Check my signature for more details. Thanks to MMM.
kaeforum:

Mr MMM Show me your 30% profit. cool
Re: Shock As MMM Participant Commits Suicide In Enugu by dhurlarpur(m): 9:39am On Nov 29, 2016
MMM has nothing to do with this. May he rest on.
Re: Shock As MMM Participant Commits Suicide In Enugu by HoneyBee23(f): 10:01am On Nov 29, 2016
bellville:

You nailed it smiley

600 likes and still counting, bro you wan break another record baa grin
Re: Shock As MMM Participant Commits Suicide In Enugu by Nobody: 10:03am On Nov 29, 2016
Splinz:
– The body of a final year student of the University of Nigeria, Nsukka has been found dangling from a rope in his room

A final year student of agricultural engineering at the University of Nigeria, Nsukka, who is also reported to be a participant of the Mavrodi Mondial Movement investment scheme (MMM), has committed suicide.

Premium Times reports the student, identified as Tobechukwu Okeke was found on Sunday morning, November 27, dangling from a rope in his room at Odenigwe, a community in Nsukka, Enugu state.

The deceased was said to have left a note behind where he apologised to his family, according to accounts by a neighbor close to the family.

The contents of the note read: “Mother, Father, brother, I’m sorry. Ify, may your children never suffer. Uncle Mathias, you gave me all. I am sorry. Death calls. Linguistic department, I am sorry. Okeke Tobechukwu S. 2012/185649,” the neighbour, who did not want to be named, quoted

Though the cause of Mr. Okeke’s death is yet to be ascertained, some of his neighbours suggested that he was in debt, some said he was tired of schooling, others attributed his suicide to the loss of money in a network business he invested into.

The deceased’s last Facebook posts showed he had been involved in the controversial MMM scheme as he used his account to advertise the scheme.

His last post, in September, read: “MMM is enriching lives of millions of Nigerians everyday. If you care to join or you have any questions please send me a message or comment below.”

One of the deceased’s colleagues, who also did not want to be named, said he was given an electrical wiring job to do at the department of linguistics in the university, because of his expertise in electrical works. I saw him this (Sunday) morning, he seemed to have a problem which he needed money to solve,” the colleague added.

The university authorities have also confirmed the incident, but said the family had not officially informed the institution.

Uju Umo, the university’s dean of student affairs said: “I travelled for a burial last weekend and yesterday I got a text message saying a student had committed suicide.”

“It happened at Odenigwe, one of the host communities outside the school and I was told he left a suicide note apologising to his fellow gamblers.”

Similarly, Chukwu Emmanuel, the university’s student union president, also confirmed the incident, and said the matter was being investigated. “There’s no concrete details for now,” he added.

People close to the deceased described him as a comedian who always used jokes to awake sleeping students during night classes. “He used to go around to classes at night to crack jokes and encourage students to forget their worries and focus,” a friend told Premium Times.

Recall that the House of Representatives recently asked the EFCC and the Central Bank of Nigeria to immediately go after the promoters MMM in Nigeria.

Lawmakers strongly opposed the investment scheme, which lately gained popularity among Nigerians in the wake of the current economic recession in the country.

MMM promises 30 per cent return on investment for any money put into the scheme within 30 days.
The investment scheme has a Russian origin and involves directing clients to make money available for an anonymous person with a promise of 30 per cent return within one month.

Source: http://www.nigeriatoday.ng/2016/11/shock-as-mmm-participant-commits-suicide-in-enugu/

another dumb post.

I know this guy personally, I and Tobechukwu lived in the same compound before he moved to odenigwe.

he was a chronic gambler (bet9ja)

stop spreading false info biko
Re: Shock As MMM Participant Commits Suicide In Enugu by linearity: 10:05am On Nov 29, 2016
Mujtahida:

So you don't know that- going by your trotting the ponzi scheme trope- that banks are ponzi schemes. When monkey eats your banana you are happy because you are used to the idea of monkeys earing your banana but when Gorilla eats it you start shouting all over town ponzi scheme, ponzi scheme
No sir, Banks are not Ponzi scheme. They invest your money, loan it out to businesses and others for profit.

They charge various fees and interest for a wide range of activities. Ponzi schemes does non of that, plus banks are legal, regulated and the government have oversight over them.
Re: Shock As MMM Participant Commits Suicide In Enugu by Nobody: 10:09am On Nov 29, 2016
linearity:

No sir, Banks are not Ponzi scheme. They invest your money, loan it out to businesses and others for profit.

They charge various fees and interest for a wide range of activities. Ponzi schemes does non of that, plus banks are legal, regulated and the government have oversight over them.

Banks are a ponzi scheme too, they can mismanage your funds and loose money for you.
Re: Shock As MMM Participant Commits Suicide In Enugu by bellville: 10:24am On Nov 29, 2016
yes o. The matter just vex me. Thanks for all the likes.
HoneyBee23:

You nailed it smiley

600 likes and still counting, bro you wan break another record baa grin

1 Like

Re: Shock As MMM Participant Commits Suicide In Enugu by harrison12(m): 10:28am On Nov 29, 2016
What has mmm got to do with this?
nawaooooo
Re: Shock As MMM Participant Commits Suicide In Enugu by harrison12(m): 10:28am On Nov 29, 2016
nawaooooo
Re: Shock As MMM Participant Commits Suicide In Enugu by harrison12(m): 10:29am On Nov 29, 2016
nawaooooo
Re: Shock As MMM Participant Commits Suicide In Enugu by BISIXCLUSIVE: 10:38am On Nov 29, 2016
Am expecting my Mavro Xmas bonus, I can't die now abeg.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

How To Withraw Your Bitcoin Staight To Your Local Bank Without Any Exchanger / MMM Nigeria.net Owner Unmasked. (photo) / Top 10 Best Nig. Investment Banks In This Meltdown Period?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.