Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,387 members, 7,808,366 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:00 AM

Teacher Thrown Into Prison For Flogging Student In Lagos - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Teacher Thrown Into Prison For Flogging Student In Lagos (54457 Views)

Teachers Sent To Prison For Shaving Pupil’s Hair / UNILAG Prof. Daramola Flogging Student Who Came Late To His Class Yesterday / DSS Beats Up Teachers In Calabar For Flogging A Student (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Teacher Thrown Into Prison For Flogging Student In Lagos by themomentng: 2:38pm On Nov 28, 2016
Secondary school teacher thrown into prison for flogging student till she bled in Lagos [PHOTO]

A secondary school teacher, Sunday Adeshina, has been thrown into Kirikiri prison in Lagos State after he reportedly flogged a female student until she started bleeding.

Adeshina was said to have flogged a 14-year-old SS3 student identified as Onyinye Nwakaeme, on the head when she could not give a correct answer to questions he asked her during a class.

Onyinye, a student of Great Esteem Private Secondary School in Ijeshatedo area of Lagos state told newsmen, “We were taking Economics class that day and I was busy copying note. I had just returned from my father’s burial. Being behind schedule, I used every available time to copy my notes because I had a lot to write.

“The teacher saw me and called me out with some people, claiming that we were making noise and asked us to explain what he had been teaching. I didn’t get the question right because I was really not paying attention to him. Out of anger, he started flogging me.

“He flogged me to the point that I was bleeding on my head and he didn’t stop. Even when the proprietor asked him to stop, he was fierce and wanted to flog me more.”

The student was said to have returned to the school the next day with her siblings who wanted to find out the true state of things in the school, but did not find Adeshina.

The girl’s family reported the case at Ago police station for necessary actions to be taken since the teacher could not be located all day.

Onyinye added, “I got home and reported to my parents about the inhumane treatment he gave me in the school and some of my older siblings went to school with me to address the issue. On getting there, he was absent from the school till the day was over.

“We decided to report at Ago police station to take necessary measures and arrest him because the school was unapologetic. They spoke rudely to my family and asked us to go to any length whatsoever to fight them.”

The school management reportedly suspended the student indefinitely, after the incident, a decision which the family is yet to come to terms with.

The girl’s family have demanded a reinstatement of the girl but the school owner, Pastor Rotimi Olu Joseph, has vehemently opposed it, claiming that Onyinye’s family stormed the school premises with thugs.

According to him, “We gave the girl suspension because it shows that she is not fit to be in the same environment with us. If they can take laws into their hands, then their ward has no place in the school.

“Except they write to the school that she will be of good conduct, she will not be reinstated.”

Adeshina, while reacting to the allegations refused to accept the blame but rather insisted that it remains his obligation as a teacher to correct erring students by beating or punishing them.

The teacher was charged to court for assault and was granted bail in the sum of N70,000.

He was transferred to Kirikiri prisons pending the time he would meet up with his bail conditions.

http://dailypost.ng/2016/11/28/secondary-school-teacher-thrown-prison-flogging-student-till-bled-lagos-photo/

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Teacher Thrown Into Prison For Flogging Student In Lagos by HungerBAD: 2:52pm On Nov 28, 2016
Interesting.

To the teacher,lean on me no be come kill me.

For the fact that a ward is sent to school to get educated,does not necessarily give you the teacher the right to kill her,in the guise of enforcing discipline.

The School is a sanctuary for learning,and not a military boot camp. As Africans,we seem to,for some strange reasons, think being physically or verbally abusive can change the person or get the work done.

And in actual sense,studies have shown it is usually the opposite.

The picture I see here is that of a little girl,with a serious injury to her head. There is nothing teachable about committing serious bodily harm on minors.

In saner environment,this man would not only lose his licence to teach,but will have a felony record,which would bar him from ever getting any sensible job in his life.

You asked a student a question,which she got wrong. As the teacher your job is to correct "TEACH" her with the right answers,and that is why you are called a TEACHER.

Not try to kill her.

#TeamLockHimUp.

177 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Teacher Thrown Into Prison For Flogging Student In Lagos by SamuelAnyawu(m): 2:58pm On Nov 28, 2016
Watching..........

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Teacher Thrown Into Prison For Flogging Student In Lagos by Nobody: 3:30pm On Nov 28, 2016
"Sunday Adeshina, has been thrown into Kirikiri prison" ...he should remain there embarassed embarassed embarassed

Pastor Rotimi Olu Joseph is the school proprietor, for suspending Miss Onyinye Nwakaeme, he deserves to go to kirikiri too embarassed embarassed embarassed

"Adeshina, while reacting to the allegations refused to accept the blame but rather insisted that it remains his obligation as a teacher to correct erring students by beating or punishing them" ...is this what they teach at NCE undecided undecided undecided

I can see the East and West slugging it out big time in this story grin

So much injustice on the girl-child...nonsense school cry cry cry

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Teacher Thrown Into Prison For Flogging Student In Lagos by dejt4u(m): 4:13pm On Nov 28, 2016
Teaching is one of the most dangerous and sensitive jobs in Nigeria..

Btw, corporal punishment should be abolished or reduced to the minimum..

Even in the teachers code of conduct, it is only the headmaster and the principal that can punish students or appoint a teacher to punish students on his/her behalf.

13 Likes

Re: Teacher Thrown Into Prison For Flogging Student In Lagos by NaLaugh: 5:43pm On Nov 28, 2016
Teachers (particularly in poorer schools) are some of the most sadistic people in society.

But wait, I graduated high school at 16, and thought that was early.
If she is 14 in SS3, then she was about 8 in JSS1. Isn't that somewhat of a rush? (except she's unusually smart).

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Teacher Thrown Into Prison For Flogging Student In Lagos by TINALETC3(f): 5:43pm On Nov 28, 2016
D way teachers flog sometimes ehhh, e go b like say dem dey pour d anger of dia poor salary on d students

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Teacher Thrown Into Prison For Flogging Student In Lagos by NotNairalandi(m): 5:43pm On Nov 28, 2016
some teachers are naturally wicked...i dont know why

6 Likes

Re: Teacher Thrown Into Prison For Flogging Student In Lagos by brunofarad(m): 5:44pm On Nov 28, 2016
Hmmmm

1 Like

Re: Teacher Thrown Into Prison For Flogging Student In Lagos by sakalisis(m): 5:44pm On Nov 28, 2016
Hiya

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Teacher Thrown Into Prison For Flogging Student In Lagos by Nobody: 5:44pm On Nov 28, 2016
D Parents can equally change school fr Their Daughter as if dats d only sch der.
afonjas are wicked
get Me an afonja and I'll not waste time to waste them
Dirty lazy beings

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Teacher Thrown Into Prison For Flogging Student In Lagos by Nobody: 5:44pm On Nov 28, 2016
that means the teacher that decorated map of Nigeria on my back is meant to be sentenced to death

60 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Teacher Thrown Into Prison For Flogging Student In Lagos by pyyxxaro: 5:44pm On Nov 28, 2016
Am just here to read comments

That's all undecided

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Teacher Thrown Into Prison For Flogging Student In Lagos by HAH: 5:44pm On Nov 28, 2016
Even if there should be flogging it should be on the buttocks not head, if truly he flogged the child on the head then he deserve his prison

10 Likes

Re: Teacher Thrown Into Prison For Flogging Student In Lagos by Bigajeff(m): 5:45pm On Nov 28, 2016
End time teacher

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Teacher Thrown Into Prison For Flogging Student In Lagos by Nobody: 5:45pm On Nov 28, 2016
grin

Ghen ghen
Re: Teacher Thrown Into Prison For Flogging Student In Lagos by agarawu23(m): 5:45pm On Nov 28, 2016
lipsrsealed
Re: Teacher Thrown Into Prison For Flogging Student In Lagos by seunny4lif(m): 5:45pm On Nov 28, 2016
When our Mods go enter Prison grin grin grin
Those guys sabi Ban anyhow grin grin grin

8 Likes

Re: Teacher Thrown Into Prison For Flogging Student In Lagos by EWAagoyin(m): 5:45pm On Nov 28, 2016
I swear with the Holy Quran any teacher that beat my child to the point of sustaining injuries will and must definitely visit sars and will be charged with child abuse... yes I have that time to deal with fools

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Teacher Thrown Into Prison For Flogging Student In Lagos by Nobody: 5:45pm On Nov 28, 2016
bad!!;;

1 Like

Re: Teacher Thrown Into Prison For Flogging Student In Lagos by trademoore1: 5:46pm On Nov 28, 2016
You can discipline without overdoing it

2 Likes

Re: Teacher Thrown Into Prison For Flogging Student In Lagos by henrydadon(m): 5:46pm On Nov 28, 2016
grin

this will teach all this stupid teacher a lesson..me sef chop better cane when i dey school..my math teacher go just dey use frustration flog person..nah me say make dem no pay am salary..i believe all of them are bunch of frustrated fellows..awon oloshi somebody grin

10 Likes

Re: Teacher Thrown Into Prison For Flogging Student In Lagos by TINALETC3(f): 5:46pm On Nov 28, 2016
grin
Pascalville:
N.... That means the teacher that decorated map of Nigeria on my back is meant to be sentenced to death
Re: Teacher Thrown Into Prison For Flogging Student In Lagos by mmsen: 5:46pm On Nov 28, 2016
This teacher is foolish for flogging a child in the first instance.

Secondly, for hitting the child on the head.

And thirdly, the reason given as to why the teacher hit this girl is utterly stupid.

6 Likes

Re: Teacher Thrown Into Prison For Flogging Student In Lagos by Thisis2raw(m): 5:47pm On Nov 28, 2016
They should also go and arrest my then economic teacher his name is Kalu, he did the same to me back then
Re: Teacher Thrown Into Prison For Flogging Student In Lagos by Nobody: 5:47pm On Nov 28, 2016
TINALETC3:
grin
abi na... I went to military school back then...it was crazycrazy. grin

2 Likes

Re: Teacher Thrown Into Prison For Flogging Student In Lagos by Aburi001: 5:47pm On Nov 28, 2016
HungerBAD:
Interesting.

To the teacher,lean on me no be come kill me.

For the fact that a ward is sent to school to get educated,does not necessarily give you the teacher the right to kill her,in the guise of enforcing discipline.

The School is a sanctuary for learning,and not a military boot camp. As Africans,we seem to,for some strange reasons, think being physically or verbally abusive can change the person or get the work done.

And in actual sense,studies have shown it is usually the opposite.

The picture I see here is that of a little girl,with a serious injury to her head. There is nothing teachable about committing serious bodily harm on minors.

In saner environment,this man would not only lose his licence to teach,but will have a felony record,which would bar him from ever getting any sensible job in his life.

You asked a student a question,which she got wrong. As the teacher your job is to correct "TEACH" her with the right answers,and that is why you are called a TEACHER.

Not try to kill her.

#TeamLockHimUp.

And i call the girl HEAD MASTER. See as her head be like Coconut grin

6 Likes

Re: Teacher Thrown Into Prison For Flogging Student In Lagos by emymeeky: 5:48pm On Nov 28, 2016
grin
Re: Teacher Thrown Into Prison For Flogging Student In Lagos by Smooyis(m): 5:48pm On Nov 28, 2016
Actually the teacher went too far in instilling disclpline in the little girl. What if it were to be his own child. However, this is not to justify the action of the girl in question. They should all sit together and iron out their differences for the sake of the child's future.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Teacher Thrown Into Prison For Flogging Student In Lagos by Lusola15: 5:48pm On Nov 28, 2016
soon teacher wont correct students for the fear of going to kirikiri grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Teacher Thrown Into Prison For Flogging Student In Lagos by sekundosekundo: 5:49pm On Nov 28, 2016
I presume, the Afonja teacher was saying, 'you Igbo' while flogging her on the head. Let him remain in kirikiri.

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pictures Of Federal University Of Technology, Akure / University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Direct Entry Admission / Pictures Of Canaanland And Covenant University's 15MW Gas Plant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.