Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,409 members, 7,808,458 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:12 PM

Teacher Thrown Into Prison For Flogging Student In Lagos - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Teacher Thrown Into Prison For Flogging Student In Lagos (54459 Views)

Teachers Sent To Prison For Shaving Pupil’s Hair / UNILAG Prof. Daramola Flogging Student Who Came Late To His Class Yesterday / DSS Beats Up Teachers In Calabar For Flogging A Student (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Teacher Thrown Into Prison For Flogging Student In Lagos by Rozaystunna(m): 6:44pm On Nov 28, 2016
As a stubborn Nigga i received not less than 25 strokes each day in sec school
Re: Teacher Thrown Into Prison For Flogging Student In Lagos by nababa40(m): 6:48pm On Nov 28, 2016
Na so

Re: Teacher Thrown Into Prison For Flogging Student In Lagos by erico2k2(m): 6:50pm On Nov 28, 2016
NaLaugh:
Teachers (particularly in poorer schools) are some of the most sadistic people in society.

But wait, I graduated high school at 16, and thought that was early.
If she is 14 in SS3, then she was about 8 in JSS1. Isn't that somewhat of a rush? (except she's unusually smart).
I think either the age was wrong or the class was wrong
I think the meant JSS 3

1 Like

Re: Teacher Thrown Into Prison For Flogging Student In Lagos by ransomed: 6:51pm On Nov 28, 2016
PaulIdu:
She better turn out right in life after all this drama because if she fails in life many people will attribute it to this event
::-- She did not report the issue to the school management but went home to call her bouncers who inturn brought police. The teacher may serve jail term but, i am sure her brothers cannot teach her and they even posted her picture for the world to see. No school administrator either private or public wants an indisciplined and egoistic student in their school. They see such as bad egg. The teacher made a mistake but locking the teacher up will send the wrong message to that little girl that might affect her later in life.

3 Likes

Re: Teacher Thrown Into Prison For Flogging Student In Lagos by erico2k2(m): 6:52pm On Nov 28, 2016
joceey:
The teacher went too far for bring out blood from the girl head but als You people are just looking at things from one angle the teacher was teaching and she was busy coping note can't she wait after school and take the note home to copy.If she is not responding well the parent will say the teachers are not teaching them well..
There are loads of other punishment ie sweep the class or clear grass etc . What good is it to hospitalize her and deprive her if education .
Re: Teacher Thrown Into Prison For Flogging Student In Lagos by erico2k2(m): 6:54pm On Nov 28, 2016
ransomed:
::-- She did not report the issue to the school management but went home to call her bouncers who inturn brought police. The teacher may serve jail term but, i am sure her brothers cannot teach her and they even posted her picture for the world to see. No school administrator either private or public wants an indisciplined and egoistic student in their school. They see such as bad egg. The teacher made a mistake but locking the teacher up will send the wrong message to that little girl that might affect her later in life.
Nah that will make the rest of the teachers sit up and teach instead of flug .
I'm sure she will find another school where the teachers are more loving

2 Likes

Re: Teacher Thrown Into Prison For Flogging Student In Lagos by samzy(m): 6:56pm On Nov 28, 2016
touch my child or sibling and i promise (i would definitely make you wise you were dead) even those teachers that flog me during my school days am still looking for them till now

1 Like

Re: Teacher Thrown Into Prison For Flogging Student In Lagos by fkdmods: 6:57pm On Nov 28, 2016
HAH:
Even if there should be flogging it should be on the buttocks not head, if truly he flogged the child on the head then he deserve his prison

There should be no flogging. No one has the right to assault my child.
Re: Teacher Thrown Into Prison For Flogging Student In Lagos by alsudaes1(m): 7:03pm On Nov 28, 2016
dejt4u:
Teaching is one of the most dangerous and sensitive jobs in Nigeria..

Btw, corporal punishment should be abolished or reduced to the minimum..

Even in the teachers code of conduct, it is only the headmaster and the principal that can punish students or appoint a teacher to punish students on his/her behalf.

The so called "allowed" punishment by the head teacher/principal does NOT even include flogging all over the body. . .

The way our teachers flogged us back then ehn. . . no be for here. . .

NO ONE dare flog my child that way, my friends in the NA and NPF will have work to do that day because I wouldn't want to take laws into my hands
Re: Teacher Thrown Into Prison For Flogging Student In Lagos by Eden1747(f): 7:03pm On Nov 28, 2016
grin grin cheesy shocked undecided sicko lipsrsealed
Rigolas:

afonjas are wicked
get Me an afonja and I'll not waste time to waste them
Dirty lazy beings

1 Like

Re: Teacher Thrown Into Prison For Flogging Student In Lagos by dejt4u(m): 7:05pm On Nov 28, 2016
alsudaes1:

The so called "allowed" punishment by the head teacher/principal does NOT even include flogging all over the body. . .

The way our teachers flogged us back then ehn. . . no be for here. . .

NO ONE dare flog my child that way, my friends in the NA and NPF will have work to do that day.
lol..

1 Like

Re: Teacher Thrown Into Prison For Flogging Student In Lagos by Pylony(m): 7:05pm On Nov 28, 2016
The Afonja teacher only wanted to correct the Igbo gals undulating head shape to a flat one but her people no come gree..
Re: Teacher Thrown Into Prison For Flogging Student In Lagos by Nobody: 7:07pm On Nov 28, 2016
Lunatic teacher. In sane climes, he can't teach again!
Re: Teacher Thrown Into Prison For Flogging Student In Lagos by Hades2016(m): 7:07pm On Nov 28, 2016
TINALETC3:
D way teachers flog sometimes ehhh, e go b like say dem dey pour d anger of dia poor salary on d students
poor salary ke ...... they pay them well na
Re: Teacher Thrown Into Prison For Flogging Student In Lagos by uwagimboo: 7:11pm On Nov 28, 2016
EWAagoyin:
I swear with the Holy Quran any teacher that beat my child to the point of sustaining injuries will and must definitely visit sars and will be charged with child abuse... yes I have that time to deal with fools

Channel this ur anger to making money nd send ur child to British school...
Re: Teacher Thrown Into Prison For Flogging Student In Lagos by mercytripletz: 7:13pm On Nov 28, 2016
beating SS3 student like that?. a whole SS3? blood of Zechariah!!
Re: Teacher Thrown Into Prison For Flogging Student In Lagos by uwagimboo: 7:14pm On Nov 28, 2016
samzy:
touch my child or sibling and i promise (i would definitely make you wise you were dead) even those teachers that flog me during my school days am still looking for them till now

So u want make ur children olodo pass ur own abii
Re: Teacher Thrown Into Prison For Flogging Student In Lagos by abbeyty(m): 7:14pm On Nov 28, 2016
Some teachers actually come into the class with a bunch of canes like a masquerade and this sometimes makes some students skip classes because of fair, there are better ways to correct students not flogging them like a goat

1 Like

Re: Teacher Thrown Into Prison For Flogging Student In Lagos by mercytripletz: 7:16pm On Nov 28, 2016
uwagimboo:

So u want make ur children olodo pass ur own abii
mtchew. American kids are Olodos abi? Nigerian Mentality!!!
Re: Teacher Thrown Into Prison For Flogging Student In Lagos by ceezarhh(m): 7:18pm On Nov 28, 2016
he wants to "flog sense" into her head....#EndtimeTeacher
Re: Teacher Thrown Into Prison For Flogging Student In Lagos by abukaokab: 7:19pm On Nov 28, 2016
this is rubbish n insulting. if the educational system in not amended. I pity D's country. it all started with Nigerians trying to copy d system in d west. its the teachers right to correct any student either by flogging or punishm
ent. I can assure u dat for him to continue to flogging d girl, d student must ve been insulting teacher. dcschl she never allow d student in to d schl again

1 Like

Re: Teacher Thrown Into Prison For Flogging Student In Lagos by uwagimboo: 7:21pm On Nov 28, 2016
mercytripletz:

mtchew. American kids are Olodos abi?
Nigerian Mentality!!!

Sincerely, u re dull..

Kids of today with very low comprehension skill, did u not see the embolden

Sure u were conceived during famine..
Re: Teacher Thrown Into Prison For Flogging Student In Lagos by engrpheleeks(m): 7:21pm On Nov 28, 2016
So even the school cannot bail him? After all their mmachari
Re: Teacher Thrown Into Prison For Flogging Student In Lagos by WesBreezy: 7:22pm On Nov 28, 2016
My igbo sister hahahaha.. If onye afonja'ahun no dey there beg ehn?.. Igbo men no need money for bail,just beg them make them march your head,all is settled.
Re: Teacher Thrown Into Prison For Flogging Student In Lagos by Nobody: 7:22pm On Nov 28, 2016
EWAagoyin:
I swear with the Holy Quran any teacher that beat my child to the point of sustaining injuries will and must definitely visit sars and will be charged with child abuse... yes I have that time to deal with fools
all na lie and wash,ow was growing up like for u as a child
Re: Teacher Thrown Into Prison For Flogging Student In Lagos by uwagimboo: 7:23pm On Nov 28, 2016
mercytripletz:

mtchew. American kids are Olodos abi?
Nigerian Mentality!!!

That u gained admission yesterday does not confer u sense..

Always read nd digest before spewing thrash..
Re: Teacher Thrown Into Prison For Flogging Student In Lagos by bejeria101(m): 7:25pm On Nov 28, 2016
HAH:
Even if there should be flogging it should be on the buttocks not head, if truly he flogged the child on the head then he deserve his prison

Flogging shld be banished, you never knw the health status of any student. As a fresh student,a friend of mine was flogged and had a seizure and as a Jss1 student we have never seen that,everybody freaked out and ran,we didnt enter that class again.

1 Like

Re: Teacher Thrown Into Prison For Flogging Student In Lagos by Elinob(m): 7:30pm On Nov 28, 2016
Teacher won flog student again ooo
Re: Teacher Thrown Into Prison For Flogging Student In Lagos by gemale(m): 7:34pm On Nov 28, 2016
joceey:
The teacher went too far for bring out blood from the girl head but als You people are just looking at things from one angle the teacher was teaching and she was busy coping note can't she wait after school and take the note home to copy.If she is not responding well the parent will say the teachers are not teaching them well..
Abegi! So he cld nt seize d note until d end of his class or d closure of D skul 4 dt day? He cldnt tell her 2 sit or even kneel in front of D class so dt he wld b able 2 keep an eye on her? Even if he was angry, he cld nt gv her a few strokes on d palm? Stop trying 2 defend wts bad. Imagine if d head injury she sustained was fatal & led 2 her death, wt wld he tell d court? D man deserves wt he got IMO. He has serious anger management issues & a penchant 4 violence.
Re: Teacher Thrown Into Prison For Flogging Student In Lagos by lucidlex: 7:37pm On Nov 28, 2016
From the legal perspective: This case seems to be a criminal charge being prosecuted by either d Police or Ministry of Justice. In either case, if d teacher is guilty, he will serve jail time BUT that's not good enuf. I hope the guardians/parent of d victim will sue the teacher, the principal, the proprietor and the school (yes, d school can be sued differently frm the named persons) in civil capacity and demand damages (compensation) of just 5million in general and 2million in exemplary damages. She doesn't need to be reintegrated into d school. With 7mil, dey will start begging.she may finally settle for 3mil.

1 Like

Re: Teacher Thrown Into Prison For Flogging Student In Lagos by youngjoy(f): 7:39pm On Nov 28, 2016
[quote author=NaLaugh post=51458024]Teachers (particularly in poorer schools) are some of the most sadistic people in society.

But wait, I graduated high school at 16, and thought that was early.
If she is 14 in SS3, then she was about 8 in JSS1. Isn't that somewhat of a rush? (except she's unusually smart). my baby sister is 12 and she is in SS2 already

1 Like

Re: Teacher Thrown Into Prison For Flogging Student In Lagos by streetsoldier1(m): 7:41pm On Nov 28, 2016
y'all shouting the teacher deserve the punishment even much more, but u fail to consider that the child's future has just been jeoperdized by this singular act....her indiscipline wasnt addressed and i bet u she will continue elsewhere with same act..... fact# nothing can be achieved with indiscipline...i'm not in any way supporting the teacher

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pictures Of Federal University Of Technology, Akure / University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Direct Entry Admission / Pictures Of Canaanland And Covenant University's 15MW Gas Plant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.