Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,719 members, 7,802,170 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:21 AM

Removing Multiple Boot Options - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Removing Multiple Boot Options (663 Views)

How To Enable Hibernate Mode Feature On Windows 8/8.1 Shutdown Options / Removing Desktop.in Permanently In Windows 8 And 8.1 / How Do I Remove A Windows Multiple Boot Option? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Removing Multiple Boot Options by darmhy: 11:33pm On Nov 08, 2009
Can anyone pls help on how to remove multiple boot options, my system requires that i select either Microsoft Windows XP or Microsoft Widows XP setup while booting, if i don't select any option in 10 sec. it automatically boots int Microsoft XP settings Page. I need to knw how to make it boot straight to Windows without showing the setup option!
Re: Removing Multiple Boot Options by damidre: 9:37am On Nov 09, 2009
Right click on My Computer, and select Properties. Now click on the Advanced tab. In a section labeled Startup and Recovery click on the button labeled Settings. You should now be looking at a dialog like this:

Startup and Recovery options

Click on Edit to edit the startup options file (aka boot.ini) manually. That should open Notepad with something similar to the following from my machine:

[boot loader]
timeout=5
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /fastdetect /NoExecute=OptOut
C:\CMDCONS\BOOTSECT.DAT="Microsoft Windows Recovery Console" /cmdcons

In this example, you can see that I have two options to choose from when I boot: Windows XP, and the Recovery Console. I'm guessing you have an additional line for the XP Pro Setup that you had trouble with it. You can simply delete that line.

And if you're tired of having the computer wait 30 seconds for you to choose an operating system, you can also change the timeout value, as I have in my example.

Save that file, and when you next reboot you should no longer have that additional option.

But then google is not always a bad idea for problems like this,

Re: Removing Multiple Boot Options by infoit: 12:18pm On Nov 09, 2009
Please call me at 056-6171848 to resolve your IT issues.

SONY PHILIP
Re: Removing Multiple Boot Options by scantee(m): 1:41pm On Nov 09, 2009
chat with me on yahoo i will help you out
my id is (scanteebest) add me so we can chat
Re: Removing Multiple Boot Options by deji2009(m): 7:53pm On Nov 09, 2009
Topic: Removing Multiple Boot Options (Read 28 views)
darmhy

Removing Multiple Boot Options
« on: Yesterday at 11:33:40 PM »
Can anyone pls help on how to remove multiple boot options, my system requires that i select either Microsoft Windows XP or Microsoft Widows XP setup while booting, if i don't select any option in 10 sec. it automatically boots int Microsoft XP settings Page. I need to knw how to make it boot straight to Windows without showing the setup option!

I cant learn anything from that. The easiest thing is to tell us what's on screen. most likely is displaying the advance option safe mode etc

Or Microsoft Windows XP or Home Edition I think. Good luck and thanks for enquiring.
Re: Removing Multiple Boot Options by deji2009(m): 8:13pm On Nov 09, 2009

(1) (Reply)

Is There Anything Like External Aircard Antenna And Booster Sale's Shop In Niger / Buy A Complete Desktop System / Student Bodies: The Benefits of Student Departmental Bodies Owning A Website (Be

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.