Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,260 members, 7,780,571 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:41 PM

Golf3 Jerking - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Golf3 Jerking (1044 Views)

Clean Golf3 For 400k. How Possible? / Between Golf3 And Golf4 Which One Is The Best / Lexus RX 350 Jerking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Golf3 Jerking by Fuhrerjee: 11:10pm On Nov 28, 2016
[Good day house!
My Golf3 is stalling(jerking) in motion and idle. I have changed fuel pump 3 times, I have changed caburator, brainbox, coil, plug wire, plugs, fuel filter, used injector cleaner but the problem still persist.
I scanned it and the guy asked me to clean the cam shaft sensor, I did but it didn't work. I later changed the ignition but the problem is still there.
The car is auto transmission and its 1998 model of Golf3(according to my custom paper).
Anyone with useful idea should please help me out.
Re: Golf3 Jerking by spinna: 12:24am On Nov 29, 2016
have u tried changing mechanic?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Golf3 Jerking by Fuhrerjee: 9:02am On Nov 29, 2016
@Spinna, I have actually used two mechanics. If there is a more reliable one you know that specialized on Volkswagen, kindly help. I stay at Ogba in Lagos.
Re: Golf3 Jerking by atiku07(m): 9:36am On Nov 29, 2016
Fuhrerjee:
[Good day house!
My Golf3 is stalling(jerking) in motion and idle. I have changed fuel pump 3 times, I have changed caburator, brainbox, coil, plug wire, plugs, fuel filter, used injector cleaner but the problem still persist.
I scanned it and the guy asked me to clean the cam shaft sensor, I did but it didn't work. I later changed the ignition but the problem is still there.
The car is auto transmission and its 1998 model of Golf3(according to my custom paper).

CHECK UR MAF SENSOR
Re: Golf3 Jerking by Fuhrerjee: 5:47pm On Nov 29, 2016
Which one is MAF Sensor oga?
Re: Golf3 Jerking by spinna: 7:20pm On Nov 29, 2016
Unfortunately i dont, i thought the issue would be carburettor or fuel pump, so when u said u changed them i thought maybe you thought you did. Mechanics are ba^^&ds sometimes. Wish u luck o
Re: Golf3 Jerking by Fuhrerjee: 5:41pm On Nov 30, 2016
Ok
Re: Golf3 Jerking by gly2ken: 6:15am On Dec 01, 2016
Check the air flow meter, my elder brother golf had that problem. He suffered before they now discover it was the air flow meter.
Re: Golf3 Jerking by Fuhrerjee: 7:27pm On Dec 01, 2016
OK. I shall do all the things suggested one after the other by weekend and get back to this house. I sincerely appreciate everyone that showed concern.
Re: Golf3 Jerking by Fuhrerjee: 9:39am On Dec 02, 2016
@gly2ken, please kindly help me with your elder brother's number. I told my mechanic to check Airflow meter, he said Golf 3 doesn't have airflow meter. I asked another mechanic, he said the same thing. I am thinking of talking with your bro for direction. My number is 08036270421
Re: Golf3 Jerking by DECOtech(m): 10:39am On Dec 02, 2016
Fuhrerjee:
[Good day house!

Get a good auto electrician to trace all the ground points in the vehicle, disconnect, clean them thoroughly and re-connect.
Re: Golf3 Jerking by Fuhrerjee: 10:48am On Dec 02, 2016
oK
Re: Golf3 Jerking by Fuhrerjee: 12:00pm On Dec 15, 2016
Thanks all for your suggestions. I took the car to Itire two weeks ago and contacted one electrician to work on it. After examining so many components in the car, he told me to change the carburetor and fuel pump (don't forget I have change fuel pump three times before and carburetor once). I changed them and since then the stalling stopped.

The only thing I'm experiencing is that if I slow down while driving, the car will cut off; and if I restart, it picks immediately. This happens like once a day or once in two days. I think the problem is 90% solved.
Re: Golf3 Jerking by spinna: 6:18am On Dec 16, 2016
Fuhrerjee:
Thanks all for your suggestions. I took the car to Itire two weeks ago and contacted one electrician to work on it. After examining so many components in the car, he told me to change the carburetor and fuel pump (don't forget I have change fuel pump three times before and carburetor once). I changed them and since then the stalling stopped.
The only thing I'm experiencing is that if I slow down while driving, the car will cut off; and if I restart, it picks immediately. This happens like once a day or once in two days. I think the problem is 90% solved.
spinna:
Unfortunately i dont, i thought the issue would be carburettor or fuel pump, so when u said u changed them i thought maybe you thought you did. Mechanics are ba^^&ds sometimes. Wish u luck o

Remember my English before? U "thought" you had changed the carburettor & pump based on ur former mechanic's info. Now you have actually changed it, Naija mechs can lie eh?

Congrats drive safely this season

(1) (Reply)

Car Ac Not Cooling / How To Clean Corroded Car Battery With Coca Cola / Engine Smoking After Washing With Diesel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.