Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,662 members, 7,801,914 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:44 AM

What Exactly Is The Function Of NCC? - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What Exactly Is The Function Of NCC? (15395 Views)

Whats The Function Of 2 Rear Smart Phone Camera / See The Function Of LOST.DIR Folder On Your Android SD Card / In Need Of Ncc Number (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Exactly Is The Function Of NCC? by djmummy: 7:35am On Nov 29, 2016
Evil people
Re: What Exactly Is The Function Of NCC? by Rayfield: 7:35am On Nov 29, 2016
It's the caliber of people heading the organization now... The Management are seemingly unprofessional for them to come up with such a dismal idea, without the Nation and her people at heart. They should be called to order or Senate should just do a Factory Reset in that area if possible...

2 Likes

Re: What Exactly Is The Function Of NCC? by Juginho(f): 7:36am On Nov 29, 2016
Make life harder for us. Subscribing was already difficult and now they want to increase the price

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Is The Function Of NCC? by mustmust(m): 7:36am On Nov 29, 2016
Increase price of data for nigerians

2 Likes

Re: What Exactly Is The Function Of NCC? by Codenister: 7:36am On Nov 29, 2016
ophils1:
I don't understand why we haven't started protesting upadan
Maybe we are even tired of protesting.
Protest Everytime (with almost no favorable outcome)
Re: What Exactly Is The Function Of NCC? by Praktikals(m): 7:36am On Nov 29, 2016
When the forced all networks to reduce off net sms charges from N15 to N4, did you ask this same question?
Re: What Exactly Is The Function Of NCC? by austinereds(m): 7:37am On Nov 29, 2016
This is just too much and uncalled for. They will put it off when the effects state showing
Re: What Exactly Is The Function Of NCC? by freezyprinzy(m): 7:37am On Nov 29, 2016
I think we should in one voice speak against this pple in this current economy to remove 1k buy data sef na wahala and dy are busy planning on how 2 increase and task unnecessarily which kind government b dis sef I am tayad oo ahn ahn.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Exactly Is The Function Of NCC? by Nobody: 7:38am On Nov 29, 2016
Th ncc is a handy tool in the hands of the demonic herder @ aso to further IMPOVERISH the masses!...all oppresive kleptos shall not know peace!!

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Is The Function Of NCC? by Codenister: 7:40am On Nov 29, 2016
Jokerman:
I went to their page on Facebook and laid curses on them....
Lol, you wicked gan ooo. but well, maybe they deserve it
Re: What Exactly Is The Function Of NCC? by tyav7: 7:40am On Nov 29, 2016
Where National Assembly sef?
Re: What Exactly Is The Function Of NCC? by xage(m): 7:40am On Nov 29, 2016
They are meant to regulate VOICE DATA and radio operators to function within an acceptable frequency, less harmful radiance and also advise gov't on safety and users protection

Unfortunately NCC day by day has failed to play on the consumer's side. That's why those overpaid goons are overly comfortable with making subjugating and selfish policies to extort the consumer's they were meant to protect in the first place.

Shameful.

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Is The Function Of NCC? by Aburi001: 7:40am On Nov 29, 2016
Codenister:
We all know how hard things are in this country, and yet some people still choose to compound our problems.

As for me, maybe there's is something I do not know, so anyone should please enlighten me, exactly what purpose does NCC serve in Nigeria, what role are they meant to play, and what role are they playing?

I remember a time not too long ago when news came out that NCC restricted the network operators from reducing their call and data tarrifs,

Also, I think MTN said NCC directed them to stop the xtracool plan
And now, to increase the prices of data plans, and again tax us on calls longer than 3 minutes, WTF!!!

Someone please help, what exactly does NCC stand to gain from all these?
Ask Google.com
It's your friend
Re: What Exactly Is The Function Of NCC? by Nobody: 7:42am On Nov 29, 2016
Nig. Needs a viable opposition to spearhead popular protest cos this gov. Is inhuman!

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Is The Function Of NCC? by Nobody: 7:44am On Nov 29, 2016
Review of International Termination Rate

Published: 05 October 2016

The Nigerian Communications Commission, on September 16, 2016 reviewed the termination rate for international inbound traffic from N3.90/min to N24.40/min. The interim rate will subsist pending the conclusion of the study of the Determination of Cost Based Pricing for Mobile Voice Termination Rates.

So folks calling you from overseas just got to pay more now to reach you...

http://www.ncc.gov.ng/stakeholder/media-public/public-notices/108-review-of-international-termination-rate

2 Likes

Re: What Exactly Is The Function Of NCC? by Marvel1206: 7:44am On Nov 29, 2016
Chrisx1x:
I honestly dont know again.since buhari came all org in nigeria has been performing reverse function
grin grin
Re: What Exactly Is The Function Of NCC? by Nobody: 7:45am On Nov 29, 2016
Codenister:
We all know how hard things are in this country, and yet some people still choose to compound our problems.

As for me, maybe there's is something I do not know, so anyone should please enlighten me, exactly what purpose does NCC serve in Nigeria, what role are they meant to play, and what role are they playing?

I remember a time not too long ago when news came out that NCC restricted the network operators from reducing their call and data tarrifs,

Also, I think MTN said NCC directed them to stop the xtracool plan
And now, to increase the prices of data plans, and again tax us on calls longer than 3 minutes, WTF!!!

Someone please help, what exactly does NCC stand to gain from all these?
That's what you get when Buhari appoints an outdated slowpoke who is closer to his grave as the executive vice chairman and then a Boko haram apologist as minister of communication . Enjoy the change

3 Likes

Re: What Exactly Is The Function Of NCC? by duas4real: 7:47am On Nov 29, 2016
AnodaIT:
Here is how it works.

NCC increased the tax from service providers in an attempt to increase revenue.

The service providers protested and say they can't afford such tax increase with present business climate and tariff.

NCC say, ok, increase your tariff to be able to pay the tax.

Service providers reply, no, we can't just increase like that, it would hurt our business.

If it must be increased, let it come from you (NCC)

NCC now says, oya put the message in this format, "......... with directives from the NCC........"

Case closed

You nailed it!
Re: What Exactly Is The Function Of NCC? by rexlims(m): 7:48am On Nov 29, 2016
PhonePlanet:
Dear my fellow Nigerian, A directive has been sent out by the Nigerian Communication Commission(NCC) to all telecommunication network in Nigeria. This will result in increase of data rates which will take effect from 1st of December, 2016. I am very sure your service provider has notified you about this development already.
In this year and time we live in, Data is suppose to be more affordable and not more expensive. And looking at the ease/advantages the internet has added to our everyday life, increment of data rates will only make it harder to access the internet thereby taking us backwards instead of forward.
Therefore, In disagreement with this move by NCC and telecommunication companies, we have made an effort stop this from taking effect by creating an online petition at Change.org and we need you to sign it to show your support. The link to the petition is: https://www.change.org/p/nigeria-communication-commission-ncc-data-plans-rates-by-carriers-in-nigeria-should-not-be-increased-by-ncc?recruiter=642402116&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink
Please I already believe you would sign this petition to show your support for us and against NCC. But you also have to share/re-broadcast this message to as many people as you can. Thank you as you do so.

I can bet this is ploy by the elite to restrict internet usage by the commoners.
they don't want their policies or actions questioned anymore on social media,
hence this subtle restriction.
Well, "evil persist when good men refuse to do nothing" (not my quote)

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Is The Function Of NCC? by Viking007(m): 7:50am On Nov 29, 2016
ophils1:
You just said my mind.
Re: What Exactly Is The Function Of NCC? by waice6571: 7:50am On Nov 29, 2016
NATIONAL CORRUPTION COMMISSION =NCC
Re: What Exactly Is The Function Of NCC? by joseph1832(m): 7:52am On Nov 29, 2016
It's obvious the Nigerian political elite have great joy in making the life of the average nigerian miserable.

This set of improve bastards, who revel in nothing more than stealing and confusing themselves with stolen funds are morbid first class assholes who hate sharing anything with the common man.

We owe it to ourselves to fight this nonsense move by the NCC to curb the common man from gaining access to cheap internet.
Re: What Exactly Is The Function Of NCC? by ednut1(m): 7:52am On Nov 29, 2016
ophils1:
shame and cowardice

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Is The Function Of NCC? by Denchturbo: 7:56am On Nov 29, 2016
Praktikals:
When the forced all networks to reduce off net sms charges from N15 to N4, did you ask this same question?

Yes cos I was paying N2 per SMS so?

2 Likes

Re: What Exactly Is The Function Of NCC? by ritababe(f): 7:58am On Nov 29, 2016
Jokerman:
I went to their page on Facebook and laid curses on them....

please share their Facebook page
Re: What Exactly Is The Function Of NCC? by BluePearls(m): 7:59am On Nov 29, 2016
Praktikals:

Whose side are you on exactly?

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Is The Function Of NCC? by Nobody: 8:00am On Nov 29, 2016
NCC's task is actually to regulate telecoms operations and issue license to those who want to operate in nigeria. too bad ncc is trying to make consumers incure more costs on data usage
Re: What Exactly Is The Function Of NCC? by fitinwell: 8:02am On Nov 29, 2016
[size=28pt]December when advance countries make plans to subsidize there market products..NCC making plans to increase what's as already been increased..Nigerian Government is Scam.. you buy phone,buy sim,recharge sim,buy fuel to charge phone,buy expensive data,to check nairaland,.. why do we like suffering..[/size]

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Exactly Is The Function Of NCC? by teemy(m): 8:03am On Nov 29, 2016
could there be a relation between the directive and the new whatsapp video chat that would only use data? this is a time nigeria should be expanding its online presence and earn via e-commerce in line with diversification. this action slows it down.
Re: What Exactly Is The Function Of NCC? by waice6571: 8:03am On Nov 29, 2016
Praktikals:

Please don't get me annoyed....

Was it your APC crooks that did that?

APC has made a covenant with the devil to frustrate life out Nigerians should he help them to the helm of affairs in this country.

More unimaginable terrible policies will soon be unvailed. Watch out!

2 Likes

Re: What Exactly Is The Function Of NCC? by Jokerman(m): 8:05am On Nov 29, 2016
ritababe:

please share their Facebook page

Search Nigerians communication commission

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Is The Function Of NCC? by Tallesty1(m): 8:08am On Nov 29, 2016
PhonePlanet:
Dear my fellow Nigerian, A directive has been sent out by the Nigerian Communication Commission(NCC) to all telecommunication network in Nigeria. This will result in increase of data rates which will take effect from 1st of December, 2016. I am very sure your service provider has notified you about this development already.
In this year and time we live in, Data is suppose to be more affordable and not more expensive. And looking at the ease/advantages the internet has added to our everyday life, increment of data rates will only make it harder to access the internet thereby taking us backwards instead of forward.
Therefore, In disagreement with this move by NCC and telecommunication companies, we have made an effort stop this from taking effect by creating an online petition at Change.org and we need you to sign it to show your support. The link to the petition is: https://www.change.org/p/nigeria-communication-commission-ncc-data-plans-rates-by-carriers-in-nigeria-should-not-be-increased-by-ncc?recruiter=642402116&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink
Please I already believe you would sign this petition to show your support for us and against NCC. But you also have to share/re-broadcast this message to as many people as you can. Thank you as you do so.
Signed.......

I suggest you create a separate thread for this and ask Lalasticlala to move it to FP.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

BlackBerry Q5 Vs Samsung Galaxy Note 2 / 9Mobile (ETISALAT) 700% BONUS RECHARGE PROMO / Battling Fake News: Whatsapp Starts New Feature To Let Users Identify Forwarded

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.