Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,176 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:06 AM

What Exactly Is The Function Of NCC? - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What Exactly Is The Function Of NCC? (15404 Views)

Whats The Function Of 2 Rear Smart Phone Camera / See The Function Of LOST.DIR Folder On Your Android SD Card / In Need Of Ncc Number (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Exactly Is The Function Of NCC? by kinibigdeal(m): 8:10am On Nov 29, 2016
There major function is to increase data tarriff for El-Rufai
Re: What Exactly Is The Function Of NCC? by teemy(m): 8:13am On Nov 29, 2016
the purpose of an open market competition is to yield lower prices and better services. ncc's selling point then. imposing high prices negates this. ncc could not stop telcos from spam sms till recently a man won 5mil from airtel, now telcos fear.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Exactly Is The Function Of NCC? by salauwale(m): 8:20am On Nov 29, 2016
Fellow Nigerians we need to do more than just comment on nairaland about this matter . Internet/online business is the single opium of boys in a economy ravished by unemployment and this guys wants to make that even harder. Let your voice be heard. We need to trend this online let the world know how hard this government wants to make life for Nigerians. Tax is ok but not in this hardship and recession will a government generate revenue at the expense of its poor masses it's just unfair. Let's take the rant to twitter and express our dissatisfaction. Someone propose a hashtag. We can do it !!!!!!!!!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Exactly Is The Function Of NCC? by teemy(m): 8:20am On Nov 29, 2016
by now i would expect the senate to be aware of this news. the chairman needs to be invited to explain and then cancel that order. maybe contacting sen dino melaye would resolve this as that man has recently been pulling one rabbit after the other.
Re: What Exactly Is The Function Of NCC? by salauwale(m): 8:22am On Nov 29, 2016
steppin:

I would have to sign the petition, but it's a waste of time. It doesn't work, at least not in Nigeria.
We can try bro keep hope alive. Let's change the change
Re: What Exactly Is The Function Of NCC? by lastmessenger: 8:23am On Nov 29, 2016
They doing things to make us loose faith in this country. No wonder many of us are not patriotic towards the affairs of this country.
Re: What Exactly Is The Function Of NCC? by teemy(m): 8:24am On Nov 29, 2016
there is the concept that with glo leading the data battle mtn is getting lesser clients and we know mtn has willing friends in high places. it would be bad to find that this was to rule to favour a foreign company over others and citizens' detriment
Re: What Exactly Is The Function Of NCC? by Typewriter(m): 8:25am On Nov 29, 2016
Well NCC according my Jamb question and answer key point is
Network Criminal Collaborators.

Next question please
And another bottle of Rum beer jare
2019 shall be a change
In order not to waste your Times
I clearly saw a Womatiku smiley

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Is The Function Of NCC? by MARKone(m): 8:32am On Nov 29, 2016
NCC is being overseen by ministry of information that is headed by one old Muslim fundamentalist, from oyo state called shittu, what do you expect, this administration is just too pathetic #spits.

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Is The Function Of NCC? by Nobody: 8:38am On Nov 29, 2016
the hardship Nigerians are going through is not enough, more to be added...i think the present government is here to destroy not to build.

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Is The Function Of NCC? by fiyin47(m): 8:39am On Nov 29, 2016
I don't know,but what I know is that the last days of Buhari will along with them grevious things that man have never seen for him angry
Re: What Exactly Is The Function Of NCC? by championeh(m): 8:46am On Nov 29, 2016
Re: What Exactly Is The Function Of NCC? by Kingbusssy(m): 8:51am On Nov 29, 2016
Donsammi:
simple .. to oppress the masses and be friendly to their pockets...
I concur
Re: What Exactly Is The Function Of NCC? by Praktikals(m): 8:51am On Nov 29, 2016
waice6571:

Please don't get me annoyed....

Was it your APC crooks that did that?

APC has made a covenant with the devil to frustrate life out Nigerians should he help them to the helm of affairs in this country.

More unimaginable terrible policies will soon be unvailed. Watch out!
Bros, save your annoyance till after 2019. If Ngozi Iweala already forecasted what we re passing thru
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.premiumtimesng.com/business/171145-brace-tougher-times-ahead-okonjo-iweala-tells-nigerians.html/amp?client=safari
Re: What Exactly Is The Function Of NCC? by Rekit: 8:53am On Nov 29, 2016
Now that an issue that affect all of us is in the front burner, I would advise all APC e-soldiers on this platform to take this issue to their party.
I hope Goodluck Jonathan and 16 years of PDP will not be blame for this again.

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Is The Function Of NCC? by enitey(f): 8:59am On Nov 29, 2016
To regulate data rates shocked
Re: What Exactly Is The Function Of NCC? by Nobody: 9:10am On Nov 29, 2016
AnodaIT:
Here is how it works.

NCC increased the tax from service providers in an attempt to increase revenue. ...

Everything is just about revenue, not the least of care about the masses.
SMH!
Re: What Exactly Is The Function Of NCC? by Realist2: 9:14am On Nov 29, 2016
PhonePlanet:
Dear my fellow Nigerian, A directive has been sent out by the Nigerian Communication Commission(NCC) to all telecommunication network in Nigeria. This will result in increase of data rates which will take effect from 1st of December, 2016. I am very sure your service provider has notified you about this development already.
In this year and time we live in, Data is suppose to be more affordable and not more expensive. And looking at the ease/advantages the internet has added to our everyday life, increment of data rates will only make it harder to access the internet thereby taking us backwards instead of forward.
Therefore, In disagreement with this move by NCC and telecommunication companies, we have made an effort stop this from taking effect by creating an online petition at Change.org and we need you to sign it to show your support. The link to the petition is: https://www.change.org/p/nigeria-communication-commission-ncc-data-plans-rates-by-carriers-in-nigeria-should-not-be-increased-by-ncc?recruiter=642402116&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink
Please I already believe you would sign this petition to show your support for us and against NCC. But you also have to share/re-broadcast this message to as many people as you can. Thank you as you do so.

I suggest we organise a protest and demonstration.

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Is The Function Of NCC? by Zealoy(m): 9:15am On Nov 29, 2016
Later someone will tell me to stop MMM that the government is after my well being useless people only thinking on how to enrich their pocket. Pls can someone tell me one thing that is working in this country?
Re: What Exactly Is The Function Of NCC? by Nobody: 9:18am On Nov 29, 2016
AnodaIT:
Here is how it works.

NCC increased the tax from service providers in an attempt to increase revenue.

The service providers protested and say they can't afford such tax increase with present business climate and tariff.

NCC say, ok, increase your tariff to be able to pay the tax.

Service providers reply, no, we can't just increase like that, it would hurt our business.

If it must be increased, let it come from you (NCC)

NCC now says, oya put the message in this format, "......... with directives from the NCC........"

Case closed
Hmmmm how did you know? Or you they work there?
Re: What Exactly Is The Function Of NCC? by Nobody: 9:22am On Nov 29, 2016
1stolax:
I think NCC has been sold-out to MTN

They are very useless and they are after their own pockets only. Same way DSTV charges Nigeria HIGHEST tariff compared to other African states.

All those so-called professors that manages all these FG paras are FOOLS.
The case of DStv is different ball game as there are alternatives even though they have some kind of monopoly but the telecom sector, ncc made it compulsory for all the operators to increase their data price whereas the other regulator for pay TV didn't
Re: What Exactly Is The Function Of NCC? by almarthins(m): 9:39am On Nov 29, 2016
Can we blame network operators? No ... NCC-must tell us who order tax increment. Perhaps buhari called oga of ncc as money no dey enough to pocket again. The principle of take from the poor to service the rich is well institutionalized to bend us... Pikin wey say im mama no go sleep, himself no go sleep.
Re: What Exactly Is The Function Of NCC? by Genea(f): 9:40am On Nov 29, 2016
PhonePlanet:
Dear my fellow Nigerian, A directive has been sent out by the Nigerian Communication Commission(NCC) to all telecommunication network in Nigeria. This will result in increase of data rates which will take effect from 1st of December, 2016. I am very sure your service provider has notified you about this development already.
In this year and time we live in, Data is suppose to be more affordable and not more expensive. And looking at the ease/advantages the internet has added to our everyday life, increment of data rates will only make it harder to access the internet thereby taking us backwards instead of forward.
Therefore, In disagreement with this move by NCC and telecommunication companies, we have made an effort stop this from taking effect by creating an online petition at Change.org and we need you to sign it to show your support. The link to the petition is: https://www.change.org/p/nigeria-communication-commission-ncc-data-plans-rates-by-carriers-in-nigeria-should-not-be-increased-by-ncc?recruiter=642402116&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink
Please I already believe you would sign this petition to show your support for us and against NCC. But you also have to share/re-broadcast this message to as many people as you can. Thank you as you do so.
trying to sign, its not going on my browser
Re: What Exactly Is The Function Of NCC? by jossykondo: 9:59am On Nov 29, 2016
National crazy commission (NCC).judas who are against their own people.enemy of progress.Change begins with them in another way
Re: What Exactly Is The Function Of NCC? by almarthins(m): 10:04am On Nov 29, 2016
Corruption can stop when they keep given Nigerians more reason to be corrupt. Salaries is nt increasing but expenses keep going skyhigh. Now tell me who is this system fooling? Corruption will become a hydra that has many heads till infinity.the righteous are in trouble!

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Is The Function Of NCC? by wristbangle: 10:06am On Nov 29, 2016
ophils1:
I don't understand why we haven't started protesting upadan

Like I said it's better we write an article to mobilise people in order to protest against the hike in data price. Nonsense!
Re: What Exactly Is The Function Of NCC? by hopilo: 10:06am On Nov 29, 2016
The body that is suppose to monitor the operators so that they don't shortchange of cheat Nigerians are the same body urging operators to increase tariffs and oppress Nigerians. This government need to be reformatted.
Re: What Exactly Is The Function Of NCC? by LadunaI(m): 10:14am On Nov 29, 2016
Jokerman:
I went to their page on Facebook and laid curses on them....

We need to do more than that. This is errant nonsense and classical exploitation from NCC. They just want to take us back to dark era.

I remembered buying Data of 1GB for N5000 then around 2009. I am looking forward to a complete rotation where Nigerians can buy a Data worth of 5GB for just N1000. Yeah, that is what we suppose to have NOW not that stupid announcement.

My brothers and sisters, we need to take the protest to their door steps via social media; twitter, facebook and others.

Henceforth, let start using these #hashtags to express our annoyance:

#NCCnoDataHike

#NCCStopPunishingNigerians

#NCCReverseDataHike

Some might still suggest some useful hashtag that can be used. Let take to twitter express our annoyance using those tags and copy the likes of

@Mbuhari, @SenateNG @GarShehu and host of others. Also visit their facebook page and do the same.

Lets tweet and re-tweet....before you know it will get to other media houses and they will force to RETRACT their useless policy.

UNITED WE STAND DIVIDED WE .....

5 Likes

Re: What Exactly Is The Function Of NCC? by ephi123(f): 10:14am On Nov 29, 2016
kings09:
When d current chairman of d board is an 80-year old man, how do u expect him to knw how things in d current generation work.

NCC has neva bn useful to Nigerians. Always protecting d interests of their pockets n dat of d govt.

Re: What Exactly Is The Function Of NCC? by thesicilian: 10:16am On Nov 29, 2016
AnodaIT:
Here is how it works.

NCC increased the tax from service providers in an attempt to increase revenue.

The service providers protested and say they can't afford such tax increase with present business climate and tariff.

NCC say, ok, increase your tariff to be able to pay the tax.

Service providers reply, no, we can't just increase like that, it would hurt our business.

If it must be increased, let it come from you (NCC)

NCC now says, oya put the message in this format, "......... with directives from the NCC........"

Case closed
Now I understand. Thanks.
Re: What Exactly Is The Function Of NCC? by Mcowubaba: 10:19am On Nov 29, 2016
ophils1:
I don't understand why we haven't started protesting upadan
It seems we are under a spell....
We need revolution.
But we are being careful to protest before Buhari's Army and security agencies will shoot us or arrest us for treason
Re: What Exactly Is The Function Of NCC? by bedfordng(m): 10:24am On Nov 29, 2016
mmn

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

9Mobile (ETISALAT) 700% BONUS RECHARGE PROMO / Battling Fake News: Whatsapp Starts New Feature To Let Users Identify Forwarded / BlackBerry Q5 Vs Samsung Galaxy Note 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.