Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,690 members, 7,801,989 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:34 AM

Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues (22712 Views)

20 Points From 1 Corinthians 14 About Speaking In Tongues In The Church / Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? / Daddy Freeze: "Speaking In Tongues In Nigerian Churches Is Fake” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by Nobody: 8:25am On Nov 29, 2016
Seun recently pushed a thread to the front page which talks about speaking in tongues and he was busy criticizing it without actually researching it.

Well science is ahead of you on this issue and have actually carried out genuine research on this and this attached video shows you all you need to know.

Kindly watch it and then state your observation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZbQBajYnEc

Seun's Response 2 1

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by Nobody: 8:29am On Nov 29, 2016
Seun do not come here and tell me abcnews is not a credible news source

1 Like

Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by felixomor: 8:30am On Nov 29, 2016
Seun, your attention is needed.

Hehehe.

Nice thread, brother.

3 Likes

Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by Nobody: 8:33am On Nov 29, 2016
bull crap undecided

1 Like

Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by Nobody: 8:34am On Nov 29, 2016
Dayvhid:
bull crap undecided

Just say you do not have data for videos

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by foladara777(m): 8:36am On Nov 29, 2016
Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by Nobody: 8:43am On Nov 29, 2016
naijadeyhia:

lol............ ..I'll watch it in my convenient time I just decided to occupy that space with that comment(cos am ascertain that's what I'll think at the end) I'll modify if its convincing enough. Cheers ese

2 Likes

Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by durubrian(m): 8:48am On Nov 29, 2016
lol
Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by Nobody: 8:51am On Nov 29, 2016
Dayvhid:

lol............ ..I'll watch it in my convenient time I just decided to occupy that space with that comment(cos am ascertain that's what I'll think at the end) I'll modify if its convincing enough. Cheers ese

Till you do watch it do not say words you would end up swallowing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by Nobody: 8:55am On Nov 29, 2016
foladara777:

say something. a dot is not a comment
Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by 4kings: 9:02am On Nov 29, 2016
Just watched the video
Dr. Andrew shows that the activities of the frontal lobe were down, and that the test result was different from the Buddhist while meditating

But, the Buddhist engage the use of their brain while meditating, this is in contrast to a grown up speaking in tongues or glossolalia tongue

|don't quote me|

1 Like

Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by Omudia11: 9:02am On Nov 29, 2016
Then learn to keep your "bull crap" to yourself. I saw that video in 2013,and it really says a lot.
Dayvhid:
bull crap undecided

1 Like

Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by Nobody: 9:06am On Nov 29, 2016
4kings:
Just watched the video
Dr. Andrew shows that the activities of the frontal lobe were down, and that the test result was different from the Buddhist while meditating

But, the Buddhist engage the use of their brain while meditating, this is in contrast to a grown up speaking in tongues or glossolalia tongue

|don't quote me|

And what does that translate to?

Let me paraphrase

When speaking known language the test subjects engaged their frontal lobes which showed human effort but when speaking in tongues the frontal lobe was not in use which shows it was not by their effort.

Those tests were carried out on Buddhists and others and showed that they engaged their frontal lobes so what makes speaking in tongues different from them all and clearly showing no human participation in the brain?

Can you draw your conclussion?
Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by Nobody: 9:07am On Nov 29, 2016
naijadeyhia:

Till you do watch it do not say words you would end up swallowing.
ill put that in mind ese..............hope its really convincing tho.............u know for the hard core atheists grin

1 Like

Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by Nobody: 9:17am On Nov 29, 2016
Omudia11:
Then learn to keep your "bull crap" to yourself. I saw that video in 2013,and it really says a lot.
cry I think you woke up on the wrong side of the bed................does any one else think this dude woke up on the wrong side of the bed cry

1 Like

Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by felixomor: 9:18am On Nov 29, 2016
naijadeyhia:

Lol, you caught him there.
Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by felixomor: 9:18am On Nov 29, 2016
Dayvhid:
cry I think you woke up on the wrong side of the bed................does any one else think this dude woke up on the wrong side of the bed cry

Abeg, quiet.
You didnt watch it.

1 Like

Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by Nobody: 9:21am On Nov 29, 2016
felixomor:

Abeg, quiet.
You didnt watch it.
don't show your naivety online ese
Dayvhid:

felixomor:

Abeg, quiet.
You didnt watch it.

1 Like

Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by LaClicKLaBenDin(m): 9:23am On Nov 29, 2016
Seun wouldn't show up and neither will he move this to front page...as long as it is not making a mockery of Christianity.
Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by felixomor: 9:27am On Nov 29, 2016
Dayvhid:

The great escape route.
undecided

3 Likes

Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by tintingz(m): 9:36am On Nov 29, 2016
Why is it that it is only Dr Andrew Newberg research the most scientific research on internet?

Secondly, there are non-christians that also speak in tongues, the question is are they also communicating to the Jewish God in the bible?

Lastly because gosolalia(speaking in tongue) shows an electrical discharges in the brain doesn't mean it is a spiritual communication.

1 Like

Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by bennyann: 9:46am On Nov 29, 2016
Seun is competing with His creator. The day wey nairaland go compete with am, e go be like film for him eyes.

That will be the outstanding proof to some people that creation fit tell creator say him no exist.

First to do no dey pain.

You believe something doesn't exist, yet you spend the rest of your life chasing it. What should we call that? How does it sound to the ears?

They've forgotten the Bible even said speaking of tongues will never make sense to some people. And they keep proving the Bible right, that it doesn't make sense to them.

They also prove the Bible right, because it says there will be those that will be God over themselves and they'll PRETEND not to know God exists.

Seun enjoy your time, when God's time for you comes, no one will tell you to run to Him.

Anyways, this thread has some scientific attachment to it. I hope it pleases you to push it to front page.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by Nobody: 9:47am On Nov 29, 2016
felixomor:

The great escape route.
undecided
I totally stated that before u quoted me...............run along now lad uve been noticed

1 Like

Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by jonbellion(m): 9:54am On Nov 29, 2016
Dayvhid:

I totally stated that before u quoted me...............run along now lad uve been noticed
he'll never run
This is the part he begins to derail the thread

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by LaClicKLaBenDin(m): 9:56am On Nov 29, 2016
They totally use science as an escape route, now that science is involved, watch how they will avoid the thread. No! Let me tell you what they're doing now: they're doing background research of the scientist who did this experiment, they're looking for any information that can discredit him, any scandal...just anything to dismiss this empirical evidence.

Just watch, when they eventually show up, they won't attack the obvious fact as shown by this study, they'll resort to mocking the OP, saying things to discredit the scientist and even resort to personal attacks to derail the topic.

Just watch!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by Nobody: 10:00am On Nov 29, 2016
When Science validates faith they go quiet as we are seeing here. Or perhaps they just do not have data for viewing.

Seun i am still waiting for you to view the video and drop your observation. This is scientific proof right here.

cc cloudgoddess

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by felixomor: 10:02am On Nov 29, 2016
Dayvhid:

So u actually shouted "bull crap" without watching?

Hmmmm.
No comments. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by Emmanystone: 10:06am On Nov 29, 2016
Dayvhid:

ill put that in mind ese..............hope its really convincing tho.............u know for the hard core atheists grin
There's nothing like hardcore atheist. They are hardcore satanists hosting legions of demons who hates God in them.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by jonbellion(m): 10:07am On Nov 29, 2016
But naijadeyhia
This isn't the kind of speaking in tounges the bible talked about
This is still gibberish
Speaking in tounges is speaking in a different language other than yours and that is what befell peter and his crew on the day of Pentecost

1 Like

Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by Emmanystone: 10:08am On Nov 29, 2016
LaClicKLaBenDin:
Seun wouldn't show up and neither will he move this to front page...as long as it is not making a mockery of Christianity.
Calling him from now till 2moro you wont see him here.

1 Like

Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by Emmanystone: 10:12am On Nov 29, 2016
bennyann:
Seun is competing with His creator. The day wey nairaland go compete with am, e go be like film for him eyes.

That will be the outstanding proof to some people that creation fit tell creator say him no exist.

First to do no dey pain.

You believe something doesn't exist, yet you spend the rest of your life chasing it. What should we call that? How does it sound to the ears?

They've forgotten the Bible even said speaking of tongues will never make sense to some people. And they keep proving the Bible right, that it doesn't make sense to them.

They also prove the Bible right, because it says there will be those that will be God over themselves and they'll PRETEND not to know God exists.

Seun enjoy your time, when God's time for you comes, no one will tell you to run to Him.

Anyways, this thread has some scientific attachment to it. I hope it pleases you to push it to front page.
Hmmmmm. Its only those who are ignorant and can't discern spirits that will still be in doubt as to whose Spirit operates in Mr S.

The Spirit of the Anti Christ is whose Spirit Sis?

1 Like

Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by Nobody: 10:14am On Nov 29, 2016
the researchers used imaging techniques to track changes in blood flow in each person's brain in two conditions, once as she sang a gospel song and again while speaking in tongues. By comparing the patterns created by these two emotional, devotional activities, the researchers could pinpoint blood-flow peaks and valleys unique to speaking in tongues.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

T.B. Joshua Celebrates His 53rd Birthday Today / Reno Omokri Blasts Ikhide Ikheloa For Speaking Against The Bible / 7 Significant Numbers From The Bible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.