Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,420 members, 7,808,510 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:51 PM

Telecos Negotiating Reversal Of Impending Data Price Increase With NCC - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Telecos Negotiating Reversal Of Impending Data Price Increase With NCC (1426 Views)

MTN Reacts Over The Sudden Price Increase Of Recharge Cards / Minister Advises Nigerians To Brace For Telecom Data Price Increase / NCC Suspends Data Price Increase (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Telecos Negotiating Reversal Of Impending Data Price Increase With NCC by metroblogger: 1:08pm On Nov 29, 2016
Telecommunication firms in the country are negotiating a reversal of the impending increase in data price with the Nigeria Communications Commission, NCC.

It is expected that data prices for MTN, Glo, Airtel and Etisalat will be hiked from the 1st of December, 2016.

A top Etisalat managing officer said the telecos are negotiating how to stop the increase.

“The NCC issued the directive late last week on the orders of the Federal Government. We have not announced it yet because most of the major telcos have been meeting the NCC on how to reverse this policy, because it will be too harsh for Nigerians,” the officer said.

“However, we further gathered that the Federal Government took the decision having discovered that data rates are very low-priced in Nigeria, compared to other countries, including nearby African countries.

“The government might have also taken the decision given that Nigerian subscribers have been kicking against the proposed nine per cent Communication Tax, whose bill is currently in the National Assembly”, he added.

http://www.metronaija.com/2016/11/telecos-negotiating-reversal-of.html

cc: lalasticlala mynd44

1 Like

Re: Telecos Negotiating Reversal Of Impending Data Price Increase With NCC by PaulIdu: 1:11pm On Nov 29, 2016
See me see trouble so it's the networks that would even tell FG that tariff hike will be hard on Nigerians ...Buhari is a wicked man

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Telecos Negotiating Reversal Of Impending Data Price Increase With NCC by onomeasike: 1:14pm On Nov 29, 2016
Rubbish.Where is the memo or proof of evidence that NCC directed them to increase rates? This is what all these lazy copy and paste journalists or attention deficit disorder bloggers should investigate and provide for the public. In the frenzy of this rumour, NCC has remained mute yet the telcos kept quoting them without back up evidence.
Re: Telecos Negotiating Reversal Of Impending Data Price Increase With NCC by paschu: 1:18pm On Nov 29, 2016
SUPER WICKED.

PaulIdu:
See me see trouble so it's the networks that would even tell FG that tariff hike will be hard on Nigerians ...Buhari is a wicked man

"When the wicked rule, the people mourn" - The Holy Bible

2 Likes

Re: Telecos Negotiating Reversal Of Impending Data Price Increase With NCC by paschu: 1:20pm On Nov 29, 2016
You are probably not in Nigeria. As for me I got notification from MTN regarding the increase which they said was purely as directed by the NCC. So if NCC is quiet about it, common sense shows that you need no other evidence.

onomeasike:
Rubbish.Where is the memo or proof of evidence that NCC directed them to increase rates? This is what all these lazy copy and paste journalists or attention deficit disorder bloggers should investigate and provide for the public. In the frenzy of this rumour, NCC has remained mute yet the telcos kept quoting them without back up evidence.

8 Likes

Re: Telecos Negotiating Reversal Of Impending Data Price Increase With NCC by Nobody: 1:20pm On Nov 29, 2016
onomeasike:

Has ncc denied it?

3 Likes

Re: Telecos Negotiating Reversal Of Impending Data Price Increase With NCC by Unimaginable123: 1:20pm On Nov 29, 2016
PaulIdu:
that show u how wicked this government is

2 Likes

Re: Telecos Negotiating Reversal Of Impending Data Price Increase With NCC by Atiku2019: 1:21pm On Nov 29, 2016
Lol Confused Federal Government grin .
Say Something Today, Say Another Tomorrow...
Why Initiate a policy you can't sustain? grin

Time for Lunch jare cry
Re: Telecos Negotiating Reversal Of Impending Data Price Increase With NCC by Unimaginable123: 1:22pm On Nov 29, 2016
onomeasike:
sit there and be waiting for memo. How can telecoms tell customers that they are being directed to increase prices by NCC if it is not true

1 Like

Re: Telecos Negotiating Reversal Of Impending Data Price Increase With NCC by dustmalik: 1:23pm On Nov 29, 2016
metroblogger:

“However, we further gathered that the Federal Government took the decision having discovered that data rates are very low-priced in Nigeria, compared to other countries, including nearby African countries.

cc: lalasticlala mynd44
This is the most stupid excuse I've heard in a long time. Isn't the current hardship hard enough? This is the most useless country ever. I'm tired of this current administration. Only if we had known.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Telecos Negotiating Reversal Of Impending Data Price Increase With NCC by Atiku2019: 1:24pm On Nov 29, 2016
paschu:
You are probably not in Nigeria. As for me I got notification from MTN regarding the increase which they said was purely as directed by the NCC. So if NCC is quiet about it, common sense shows that you need no other evidence.

You should know how Buhari online zombies think... They Praise him on empty Stomachs cry

1 Like

Re: Telecos Negotiating Reversal Of Impending Data Price Increase With NCC by FunkyMetahuman: 1:31pm On Nov 29, 2016
PaulIdu:
very wicked ediot I tell you angry

2 Likes

Re: Telecos Negotiating Reversal Of Impending Data Price Increase With NCC by onomeasike: 1:34pm On Nov 29, 2016
Unimaginable123:
sit there and be waiting for memo. How can telecoms tell customers that they are being directed to increase prices by NCC if it is not true
You are the one that is gullibly sitting there believing telcos and bloggers
Re: Telecos Negotiating Reversal Of Impending Data Price Increase With NCC by FunkyMetahuman: 1:34pm On Nov 29, 2016
onomeasike:
if I slap you ehn, you won't be able to see for 10 days

Nonsense

4 Likes

Re: Telecos Negotiating Reversal Of Impending Data Price Increase With NCC by PaulIdu: 1:35pm On Nov 29, 2016
onomeasike:

I wonder what Buhari has given you guys to eat ..

2 Likes

Re: Telecos Negotiating Reversal Of Impending Data Price Increase With NCC by Unimaginable123: 1:37pm On Nov 29, 2016
onomeasike:

You are the one that is gullibly sitting there believing telcos and bloggers
Thomas, pls check frontpage
Re: Telecos Negotiating Reversal Of Impending Data Price Increase With NCC by greatwhite(m): 1:42pm On Nov 29, 2016
Too many anti people policies coming from PMB. In 2019 y'all better vote like your life depends on it. Your vote is your greatest rifle. #Nuffsaid

1 Like

Re: Telecos Negotiating Reversal Of Impending Data Price Increase With NCC by Nobody: 1:43pm On Nov 29, 2016
They can continue grin
Re: Telecos Negotiating Reversal Of Impending Data Price Increase With NCC by onomeasike: 2:00pm On Nov 29, 2016
PaulIdu:

I wonder what Buhari has given you guys to eat ..
You are the one Buhari or his political opponents has given something to eat. If you believe telcos and bloggers 100% what stops me from doubting the telcos and bloggers? It doesn't make sense to me that it's telcos who are dropping the name of NCC when NCC is still existing. What stops them giving the public the evidence.
Just a single denial from NCC will make most of you appear as foolish and gullible people.
Re: Telecos Negotiating Reversal Of Impending Data Price Increase With NCC by Rad1cal: 2:04pm On Nov 29, 2016
onomeasike:
[s]Rubbish.Where is the memo or proof of evidence that NCC directed them to increase rates? This is what all these lazy copy and paste journalists or attention deficit disorder bloggers should investigate and provide for the public. In the frenzy of this rumour, NCC has remained mute yet the telcos kept quoting them without back up evidence.[/s]

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3073565_ctuafvju8aakuv5_jpeg49a942de8e3d1d388856e63d96b767a5
Re: Telecos Negotiating Reversal Of Impending Data Price Increase With NCC by lanre316: 2:09pm On Nov 29, 2016
This has to stop
Re: Telecos Negotiating Reversal Of Impending Data Price Increase With NCC by Rad1cal: 2:10pm On Nov 29, 2016
onomeasike:

[s]You are the one Buhari has given something to eat. If you believe telcos and bloggers 100% what stops me from doubting the telcos and bloggers? It doesn't make sense to me that it's telcos who are dropping the name of NCC when NCC is still existing. What stops them giving the public the evidence.
Just a single denial from NCC will make most of you appear as foolish and gullible people.[/s]

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3073565_ctuafvju8aakuv5_jpeg49a942de8e3d1d388856e63d96b767a5
Re: Telecos Negotiating Reversal Of Impending Data Price Increase With NCC by PaulIdu: 2:16pm On Nov 29, 2016
onomeasike:

You are the one Buhari has given something to eat. If you believe telcos and bloggers 100% what stops me from doubting the telcos and bloggers? It doesn't make sense to me that it's telcos who are dropping the name of NCC when NCC is still existing. What stops them giving the public the evidence.
Just a single denial from NCC will make most of you appear as foolish and gullible people.

The NCC did ..
Re: Telecos Negotiating Reversal Of Impending Data Price Increase With NCC by PaulIdu: 2:17pm On Nov 29, 2016
greatwhite:
Too many anti people policies coming from PMB. In 2019 y'all better vote like your life depends on it. Your vote is your greatest rifle. #Nuffsaid

Word ..We all have to start mobilizing others around us from now to make sure we send the wicked man away
Re: Telecos Negotiating Reversal Of Impending Data Price Increase With NCC by greatwhite(m): 2:38pm On Nov 29, 2016
PaulIdu:

Word ..We all have to start mobilizing others around us from now to make sure we send the wicked man away

Roger that

1 Like

Re: Telecos Negotiating Reversal Of Impending Data Price Increase With NCC by henryobinna(m): 3:55pm On Nov 29, 2016
they really need to negotiate that.

how can one pay 3k for 1.5g?

for those who would like to make the money to subscribe from their android phone follow this www.legitstuffs.com/2016/07/how-to-make-money-with-your-android.html
Re: Telecos Negotiating Reversal Of Impending Data Price Increase With NCC by komonibo(m): 7:30pm On Nov 29, 2016
Why dm 2 dey make tinz hard for d masses 4. Niger na

(1) (Reply)

Why Is There No Custom ROM For Gionee Splus And M5 / How To Use Nokia Battery On Android Phone / Airtel Daily Free Basics Now Capped At 20MB Data - See Reason

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.