Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,914 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:08 AM

Prices Of Foodstuff Forcefully Reduced In Ekiti - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Prices Of Foodstuff Forcefully Reduced In Ekiti (20276 Views)

Start Mini Exportation of Foodstuff Today / Prices Of Foodstuff Drop Significantly – Survey / Akwa Ibom Govt Gives Traders 31 Day Ultimatum To Reduce Price Of Foodstuff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prices Of Foodstuff Forcefully Reduced In Ekiti by Hebrewoj: 7:15am On Nov 30, 2016
ThankGod for a good leader

1 Like

Re: Prices Of Foodstuff Forcefully Reduced In Ekiti by buchilino(m): 7:15am On Nov 30, 2016
jstbeinhonest:

I dont know if your people love starvation, but my people hate hunger.
Stay there dey rant while hunger dey wire you.
U DON'T NEED 2 REPLY D CUCUMBER.
Re: Prices Of Foodstuff Forcefully Reduced In Ekiti by frubben(m): 7:16am On Nov 30, 2016
faladeSM1132:

always read the main subject before making comments, those sellers bought something for #14,000 and change the price to #22,000

Why did u waste ur precious MB to correct him? He is just looking for where to throw blame.

Leave him
Re: Prices Of Foodstuff Forcefully Reduced In Ekiti by buchilino(m): 7:16am On Nov 30, 2016
kinibigdeal:
Fayose is the best governor in Nigeria when its comes to reaching down to the poor

GHAM
Re: Prices Of Foodstuff Forcefully Reduced In Ekiti by walozanga(m): 7:16am On Nov 30, 2016
Khd95:
Forcing market women to reduce price of food stuffs,without corresponding decrease in cost of production(imput),is like robbing peter to pay paul

Na d same ekiti pple go still suffer am.
try read well before u comment, u hear?
Re: Prices Of Foodstuff Forcefully Reduced In Ekiti by MAKABBEY(m): 7:17am On Nov 30, 2016
I need to go buy palm oil at Ekiti, I bought 5liters yesterday at 4k.
Re: Prices Of Foodstuff Forcefully Reduced In Ekiti by agabusta: 7:21am On Nov 30, 2016
If na Buhari do this one now, wailings will be released to high heavens.

Is this sustainable?? This is a no no.
Re: Prices Of Foodstuff Forcefully Reduced In Ekiti by faladeSM1132(m): 7:22am On Nov 30, 2016
starfield:
Huh? Who talk that one? I was still at the oja oba market yday. Prices are still the same oooooo. Lie lie
na so your life be children of haters, you no dey See good thing atall, i was there too and iyaloja of Ado ekiti and is chiefs was saying we should report any body that sell his or her goods higher than the new price they announced

1 Like

Re: Prices Of Foodstuff Forcefully Reduced In Ekiti by abbeyty(m): 7:22am On Nov 30, 2016
this should be applied to every market all over the country, price control is the key
Re: Prices Of Foodstuff Forcefully Reduced In Ekiti by Akinaukwa: 7:23am On Nov 30, 2016
Hunger bad.
Re: Prices Of Foodstuff Forcefully Reduced In Ekiti by Slimmos(m): 7:27am On Nov 30, 2016
abbeyty:
They were forced to reduce prices ? and it doesn't matter if they make profit or not
Dont just comment without reading. Go back and read very well. Highly commendable.

1 Like

Re: Prices Of Foodstuff Forcefully Reduced In Ekiti by Nobody: 7:28am On Nov 30, 2016
grin grin grin grin

When God wants to damage a generation he gives them goats for leaders...
Re: Prices Of Foodstuff Forcefully Reduced In Ekiti by abbeyty(m): 7:29am On Nov 30, 2016
Slimmos:
Dont just comment without reading. Go back and read very well. Highly commendable.

don't mind me check my comment, i have done the right thing
Re: Prices Of Foodstuff Forcefully Reduced In Ekiti by oweman: 7:33am On Nov 30, 2016
In most cases those selling at this roof top prices do so not because they buy high but unwilling reacting to the wailings of biafrogs all over the nation .
Recently I was in Kofi when one deranged biafrog gave me #3880 as price to buy a school for a girl less than 10 years old when I enquire why he was ranting dollar don't rise immediately I moved about 20 metres ahead got a canvas and two stockings for #1800 on crossing the bastards shop he call saying oga you go buy from some else I told him his dollar story don't mean a thing to me so I have to go buy some other place while he can go ahead selling at his dollar price .
The earlier other state start forcing down prices the better for the nation .

1 Like

Re: Prices Of Foodstuff Forcefully Reduced In Ekiti by ayindejimmy(m): 7:37am On Nov 30, 2016
micfoley:
Ha.What happened to market forces?

Market forces had been compromised in Nigeria
They now have various Associations that dictate prices of things they sell at their own advantage...
Re: Prices Of Foodstuff Forcefully Reduced In Ekiti by Macgabe(m): 7:37am On Nov 30, 2016
I wish all state government can adopt this method. seriously, most of these food items are locally produced; no input from outside and yet, a typical person in the village will hear that dollar is on the increase or prices of things had gone up and then without confirming why, automatically increase his or her prices. How on earth does dollar affect palm oil, garri, locust beans and others!!! If government is not helping us, are we suppose to extort ourselves!!! Nigerians...
Re: Prices Of Foodstuff Forcefully Reduced In Ekiti by Emade(m): 7:43am On Nov 30, 2016
I think this is the only way forward sellers are wicked oh especially in WARRI
Re: Prices Of Foodstuff Forcefully Reduced In Ekiti by linsa01(m): 7:43am On Nov 30, 2016
This is really commendable. Ado-Ekiti markets sell the most expensive food items in the whole SW. Imagine garri, p.oil, veggies, locust beans and other locally produced goods being sold at high prices. Are all these affected by dollar too. The pain we instill on ourselves is more than the ones govt does.
Re: Prices Of Foodstuff Forcefully Reduced In Ekiti by ahizih(m): 7:46am On Nov 30, 2016
Rochas can never do this cry
Re: Prices Of Foodstuff Forcefully Reduced In Ekiti by loomer: 7:54am On Nov 30, 2016
Not a bad idea. But we must ask ourselves weda the seller go loose or gain if they were forced to reduce the prices.
Re: Prices Of Foodstuff Forcefully Reduced In Ekiti by darelar(m): 8:00am On Nov 30, 2016
sapiosexual1:
This is good and commendable, a people's governor. The zombies would always show their true colour, asking about market forces and whatever, but when costs of data and stuff are forcefully increased, y'll quietly crawled to your shit holes and began creating threads like "10 things that would change from Dec 1" .
#radarada

but when DSS enter black market to arrest and enforce Dollar exchange price, most of you condemned the action but welcome this action. If the FG did this first, many of you will condemned it because you don't like the man at the top and his party.but if it was pdp governor's that did it, it's welcome development. This action would have be best, if we can have price control every where. They always do this in Ijebu Ode market and it was dome at Oke Aje market before Sallah. Imagine you buying a basin of garri in Mbiama River state at 2,500 and the transportation is 300 going and coming back. They will now sell it at 4,500 and above in yenagoa. Mind you, you're buying cheaper if you buy bag. Imagine a bag of rice is sold at 14k in lagos and 24k and above in yenagoa and transport of carrying a bag of rice from Lag to Yenagoa is 1k. All the market union should do same and sell according to the price of the items.

1 Like

Re: Prices Of Foodstuff Forcefully Reduced In Ekiti by Yemike(m): 8:03am On Nov 30, 2016
aAK1:
a lot of you dont know that greed is what is raising the cost of food. we are not importing garri,yet the prize has gone over 100% in 2 years. the major way we transport food in Nigeria is by trucks that use diesel. the subsidy on diesel has been removed many years ago.pls tell me why the hike in the cost of food. this days,even the akara seller will tell you na dollar make akara cost

imagine i wanted to buy kuli kuli that is sold @5 pieces for #20 the woman told me it's 1 for #10. i asked her the reason behind the rapid increase in price and she said "dollar ti won". if that can be happening in oye ekiti what if this woman is opportuned to be in lagos?
Re: Prices Of Foodstuff Forcefully Reduced In Ekiti by flistyl(m): 8:11am On Nov 30, 2016
MichaelSokoto:

wetin diz one deh tok dis early mornin?

no mind am, the governor na my main guy

1 Like

Re: Prices Of Foodstuff Forcefully Reduced In Ekiti by FavoredGuy: 8:12am On Nov 30, 2016
A step in the right direction! Let there be good news in Nigeria especially for the poor that one day, this current economic suffering will be a thing of the past. Thumbs up for the devt.
Re: Prices Of Foodstuff Forcefully Reduced In Ekiti by Tino86(m): 8:13am On Nov 30, 2016
I have heard people call the Governor of Ekiti State. "A Stomach infrastructure governor .Governance is defined as managing the affairs of state . If taming hunger is one of fayose's strategies in governance especially in this critical period. I think he did set his priorities ryt by meeting the needs of his people because only a well fed state can live to see infrastructural development in its real sense.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Prices Of Foodstuff Forcefully Reduced In Ekiti by Lescott7(m): 8:14am On Nov 30, 2016
Sellers in Ekiti state are extortionists, they can frustrate someone with their unbearable price of commodities.

1 Like

Re: Prices Of Foodstuff Forcefully Reduced In Ekiti by TeamSimple(m): 8:19am On Nov 30, 2016
faladeSM1132:

always read the main subject before making comments, those sellers bought something for #14,000 and change the price to #22,000
If that's the case,why do we now blame government for high prices of items?

We are our own worst enemies.
Re: Prices Of Foodstuff Forcefully Reduced In Ekiti by TeamSimple(m): 8:22am On Nov 30, 2016
darelar:

but when DSS enter black market to arrest and enforce Dollar exchange price, most of you condemned the action but welcome this action. If the FG did this first, many of you will condemned it because you don't like the man at the top and his party.but if it was pdp governor's that did it, it's welcome development. This action would have be best, if we can have price control every where. They always do this in Ijebu Ode market and it was dome at Oke Aje market before Sallah. Imagine you buying a basin of garri in Mbiama River state at 2,500 and the transportation is 300 going and coming back. They will now sell it at 4,500 and above in yenagoa. Mind you, you're buying cheaper if you buy bag. Imagine a bag of rice is sold at 14k in lagos and 24k and above in yenagoa and transport of carrying a bag of rice from Lag to Yenagoa is 1k. All the market union should do same and sell according to the price of the items.
You spoken my mind..

If PMB had done same,this thread would have gotten to page 12. And that is why our leaders don't take us serious.

1 Like

Re: Prices Of Foodstuff Forcefully Reduced In Ekiti by Nobody: 8:26am On Nov 30, 2016
How is this different from what GMB did to the forex people yet he was condemned.

Ok nah
Re: Prices Of Foodstuff Forcefully Reduced In Ekiti by IamOpemipo(m): 8:35am On Nov 30, 2016
Food are cheaper in lagos and other southwest states than ekiti..and the irony is, the indegenes are farmers! But the prefer to transport the best of there produce to lagos and sell the little left over @ exorbitant prices to those living in the state. An average ekiti trader will wanna mak excess gain @ d xpense of the buyer, sometimes I wonder wia they xpect peeps to get money frm, no major coy or industries and they mak tins costly, not only food sef..frm rent to transport!. Quote me anywia, it's easier living in lagos than ekiti! Av seen ppple move bak to lag wen dey cldnt take it anymore!
Re: Prices Of Foodstuff Forcefully Reduced In Ekiti by bashydemy(m): 9:00am On Nov 30, 2016
GudluckIBB:
I don't like fayose, but if really this is true and will be sustainable, then.............

Nwannedinabia has impressed me a little.

This is part of what Buhari did in 1984 that they use against him during the election....

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Chrisvicmall Is A Thief / CBN Asks Banks To Pay Higher Interest On Savings / Gtbank, Zenith, Fidelity, Unity Bank Under Investigation For Data Breach: NDPC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.