Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:10 AM

Fraud Alert! Gtbank *737# Is Very Risky. - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Fraud Alert! Gtbank *737# Is Very Risky. (64423 Views)

FBI: 20,737 Victims Of Scam Mails Lost $1.2bn / UNIPORT Criminology Graduate Caught Stealing In GTBank In Port-Harcourt. Photos / Armed Robbers Attack Gtbank In Surulere, Lagos In Broad Daylight, Shoot Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fraud Alert! Gtbank *737# Is Very Risky. by Osyxcel(m): 1:59am On Dec 09, 2016
I am disappointed in the mods.... This thread should be on front page already....

OAM4J, Mynd44, lalasticlala....

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fraud Alert! Gtbank *737# Is Very Risky. by byteem: 12:14pm On Dec 09, 2016
WHEN IT COMES TO FRAUD MANAGMENT GTB IS WHACK.. THEY DNT CARE ABOUT THEIR CUSTOMERS .. OK MAYBE THE HIGH GROSSING ONES WITH HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS .. U MAKE A COMPLAINT AND THEY ACT LIKE THEY ARE DOING YOU A FAVOUR BY RUNNING YOUR ACCOUNT..THATS MINUS THE LARGE AMOUNTS THEY FRAUDULENTLY DEBIT IN THE NAME OF MAINTENANCE.

I REPORTED AN ILLEGAL TRANSFER FROM MY ACCOUNT TO SEVERAL BANK ACCOUNTS .. WHILE THE OTHER BANKS REVERSED THE TRANSACTIONS WITH AN INDEMNITY GTB SAID THEY NEEDED A COURT ORDER.. WHAT BLODDY COURT ORDER.. SOMEONE HACKED INTO MY ACCOUNT AND TRANSFERRED FUNDS TO VARIOUS ACCOUNTS .. WITH GTB CCOUNT AS A CLEAR RECEIPIANT AND BENEFICIARY OF FRAUDULENT FUNDS... YET THEY HOLD DOWN MY MONEY..THEY CLAIMED THEY PLACED A LIEN ON THE ACCOUNT BUT PLAYED THIS GAME AND I WAS UNABLE TO GET BACK MY MONEY FOR CLOSE TO A YEAR..

WAS ABLE TO RECOVER THE FUNDS TRANSFERRED FROM OTHER BANKS.. GTB FINALLY RETURNED MY MONEY RECENTLY AFTER CLOSE TO A YEAR ...EVEN THEN SOME AMOUNT HAD BEEN WITHDRAWN BY THEIR CUSTOMER WHO RECEIVED FUNDS STOLEN FROM MY ACCOUNT..OBVIOUSLY THEIR AUDIT FLAGGED IT WHEN TRYING TO CLOSE AND BALANCE BOOKS FOR Q4.....

I WISH YOU LUCK IN RECOVERING YOUR MONEY..THE ANNOYING THING IS THAT BANKS HAVE INSURANCE ON THESE FRAUDS SO THEY CAN EASILY REVERSE CUSTOMER FUNDS WHILE THEY TIDY UP THEIR OWN PROCESSES... TO MAKE MATTERS WORSE THERE ARE NO MANDATORY REPORTING PROVISIONS IN NIGERIA .. IN OTHER JURISDICTIONS BANKS AND FINANCE HOUSES HAVE TO REPORT FRAUD COMPULSORILY AND ARE PENALIZED IF THEY DNT..NIGERIAN BANKS ONLY REPORT SELECTED INCIDENTS ONLY WHEN THEY CANT COVER IT UP... OR SOMEONE HIGH UP IS AFFECTED AND ESCALATES ..

THE ESSENCE OF MANDATORY REPORTING IS TO HELP ENSURE THAT A LOOPHOLE IN ONE BANK IS NIPPED IN THE BUD BEFORE ITS IS DUPLICATED IN LARGER MODE ACROSS OTHER BANKS .. BUT NO THEY TREAT IT AS HUSH HUSH.. AND DO ALL THEY CAN TO COVER UP FRAUDS .. IN THE NAME OF IMAGE PROTECTION..OOH THEY DNT WANT THEIR PERFECT PRODUCT TO BE SEEN AS VULNERABLE .. SO THEY ALL KEEP GETTING SLAMMED AND WE SUFFER.. WORK IN PROGRESS CRAP..

NOTE USSD TRANSACTIONS ARE MADLY INSECURE...SAFETY HAS BEEN SACRIFICED ON THE ALTER OF CONVENIENCE ... STICK TO INTERNET TRANSFER BUT AVOID USSD TRANSACTIONS ..EVEN IF THE BANKS HAVE SAFE MEASURES ITS MOSTLY INSECURE FROM THE TELCO END COS THEY TELCOS DNT HAVE AS MUCH CONTROLS AS BANKS HAVE FOR PASSWORD PROTECTIONS..SO THE TELCO IT GUYS HAVE A FIELD DAY WITH UR PASSWORD AND THEY NEED TO IS SWAP UR LINE ..

IF TELCOS AND BANKS ARE GOING TO PARTNER ON THE PROVISION OF USSD BANKING SERVICES THEN NCC HAS WORK WITH CBN TO REGULARIZE THE USSD ASPECT FOR TELCOS AND ONLY GIVE CLEARANCE FOR USSD TRANSACTIONS TO BE RUN ON A TELCO PLATFORM IF PROPER SECURITY MEASURES ARE IN PLACE.. OBVIOUSLY NCC LACKS THIS CAPACITY.. IT SHOULD GO BEYOUND JUST APPLYING AND GETTING SHORTCODE APPROVAL..

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fraud Alert! Gtbank *737# Is Very Risky. by postemail: 8:13pm On Dec 09, 2016
byteem:
WHEN IT COMES TO FRAUD MANAGMENT GTB IS WHACK.. THEY DNT CARE ABOUT THEIR CUSTOMERS .. OK MAYBE THE HIGH GROSSING ONES WITH HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS .. U MAKE A COMPLAINT AND THEY ACT LIKE THEY ARE DOING YOU A FAVOUR BY RUNNING YOUR ACCOUNT..THATS MINUS THE LARGE AMOUNTS THEY FRAUDULENTLY DEBIT IN THE NAME OF MAINTENANCE.

I REPORTED AN ILLEGAL TRANSFER FROM MY ACCOUNT TO SEVERAL BANK ACCOUNTS .. WHILE THE OTHER BANKS REVERSED THE TRANSACTIONS WITH AN INDEMNITY GTB SAID THEY NEEDED A COURT ORDER.. WHAT BLODDY COURT ORDER.. SOMEONE HACKED INTO MY ACCOUNT AND TRANSFERRED FUNDS TO VARIOUS ACCOUNTS .. WITH GTB CCOUNT AS A CLEAR RECEIPIANT AND BENEFICIARY OF FRAUDULENT FUNDS... YET THEY HOLD DOWN MY MONEY..THEY CLAIMED THEY PLACED A LIEN ON THE ACCOUNT BUT PLAYED THIS GAME AND I WAS UNABLE TO GET BACK MY MONEY FOR CLOSE TO A YEAR..

Man, you have schooled me on a lot of things. First of all, I thought GTB was one of the best until this incident. They have been nonchalant about this and continuing to sell a very defective service (USSD banking *737#). The Anti-fraud office has only 5 desks and 5 guys fighting fraud in Nigeria. These guys are swamped.

Sometimes I wonder what the guys at GTB's Research and development are doing. They definitely need this sorta feedback from us to perfect or develop their services. Why run a banking service that's totally insecure at the TELCO end? I believe the guys at the ETISALAT are assessing the data going to GTB servers and there may be no encryption of these data. Any ideas about encryption of these data in USSD banking?

With this insight from you, Now I'm beginning to think the four last digits of my ATM card number were compromised at ETISALAT; and there was no data encryption. Honestly these banks gotta do something to protect our money. But they don't seem to care. ... Oh boy, what a country!
Re: Fraud Alert! Gtbank *737# Is Very Risky. by postemail: 8:39pm On Dec 09, 2016
byteem:

WAS ABLE TO RECOVER THE FUNDS TRANSFERRED FROM OTHER BANKS.. GTB FINALLY RETURNED MY MONEY RECENTLY AFTER CLOSE TO A YEAR ...EVEN THEN SOME AMOUNT HAD BEEN WITHDRAWN BY THEIR CUSTOMER WHO RECEIVED FUNDS STOLEN FROM MY ACCOUNT..OBVIOUSLY THEIR AUDIT FLAGGED IT WHEN TRYING TO CLOSE AND BALANCE BOOKS FOR Q4..

NOTE USSD TRANSACTIONS ARE MADLY INSECURE...SAFETY HAS BEEN SACRIFICED ON THE ALTER OF CONVENIENCE ... STICK TO INTERNET TRANSFER BUT AVOID USSD TRANSACTIONS ..EVEN IF THE BANKS HAVE SAFE MEASURES ITS MOSTLY INSECURE FROM THE TELCO END COS THEY TELCOS DNT HAVE AS MUCH CONTROLS AS BANKS HAVE FOR PASSWORD PROTECTIONS..SO THE TELCO IT GUYS HAVE A FIELD DAY WITH UR PASSWORD AND THEY NEED TO IS SWAP UR LINE ..

IF TELCOS AND BANKS ARE GOING TO PARTNER ON THE PROVISION OF USSD BANKING SERVICES THEN NCC HAS WORK WITH CBN TO REGULARIZE THE USSD ASPECT FOR TELCOS AND ONLY GIVE CLEARANCE FOR USSD TRANSACTIONS TO BE RUN ON A TELCO PLATFORM IF PROPER SECURITY MEASURES ARE IN PLACE.. OBVIOUSLY NCC LACKS THIS CAPACITY.. IT SHOULD GO BEYOUND JUST APPLYING AND GETTING SHORTCODE APPROVAL..

Did they do the illegal transfer from your account through USSD banking or Internet (app) banking?

How safe is Internet banking? I have a phobia for any of this sorta convenient banking at the moment. I just feel they are all compromised somehow.

I have opened an account with Stanbic IBTC. I will be migrating to Stanbic. For this account, I have neither requested for ATM card nor cheque book. I want it "bank hall" banking only. Although it's tough, i think I'm better safe than the nightmare I have been through these few days going to lawyer, police , court affidavit and to the HQ of Etisalat and GTB.

@ all mods, lalasticlala etc.. Let the words out; USSD banking through these telecom providers is unsafe. Let the people on Nairaland and elsewhere learn about this. Move this front page, pls. Transacting with short codes like *737# makes your bank account so vulnerable.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fraud Alert! Gtbank *737# Is Very Risky. by otokx(m): 4:30pm On Dec 10, 2016
very informative.
Re: Fraud Alert! Gtbank *737# Is Very Risky. by okikiosibodu(m): 5:38pm On Dec 10, 2016
postemail
OP this must have been a very painful experience for you. I remember when I was first introduced to *737*rcard amount# to purchase airtime on the GTBank platform (I was still serving then -NYSC thingz), I paused for a while and thought it through. The question that came next was "What is the security in this service" (I mean it ought to have pin or something ) 'cause anyone can pick up your phone, purchase airtime, and transfer the airtime to thier line especially if you have never used the credit transfer service on your telcom. The response the GTB guy gave me was lame but I didn't push 'cause I figured out he couldn't handle the question and didn't want it to be obvious to me. His respons was "For anyone to have access to your phone, you must have trusted the person".
OP, if on the long run you don't recover your money, atleast don't let the perpetrators go unpunished...help save possible victims in the future. First of all, make a police report, and then take up the case with Etisalat (one I know you'll win). Etisalat should be able to fish out which of their staff performed the sim swap ('cause I believe the transaction must have required a staff ID, to gain access to the necessary portal for the activity). From there, you'll be able to apprehend the GTB cohort. Please , don't rest until justice is done. Please give us an update, well be glad to see it. One love

6 Likes

Re: Fraud Alert! Gtbank *737# Is Very Risky. by postemail: 3:08pm On Dec 11, 2016
okikiosibodu:
postemail
OP this must have been a very painful experience for you. I remember when I was first introduced to *737*rcard amount# to purchase airtime on the GTBank platform (I was still serving then -NYSC thingz), I paused for a while and thought it through. The question that came next was "What is the security in this service" (I mean it ought to have pin or something ) 'cause anyone can pick up your phone, purchase airtime, and transfer the airtime to to line especially if you have never used the credit transfer service on your telcom. The response the GTB guy gave me was lame but I didn't push 'cause I figured out he couldn't handle the question and didn't want it to be obvious to me. His respons was "For anyone to have access to your phone, you must have trusted the person".
OP, if on the long run you don't recover your money, atleast don't let the perpetrators go unpunished...help save possible victims in the future. First of all, make a police report, and then take up the case with Etisalat (one I know you'll win). Etisalat should be ab to fish out which of their staff performed the sim swap ('cause I believe the transaction must have required a staff's ID, to gain access to the necessary portal for the activity). From their, you'll be able to apprehend the GTB cohort. Please , don't rest until justice is done. Please give us an update, well be glad to see it. One love

Hi okikiosibodu, thanks for your support. Yes, I have a police report and affidavit. Looking for a vibrant lawyer willing to help me fight this case. The lawyer I have been meeting is old and not in good health to take up the fight.

It's painful loosing 260,000 this year end to the Etisalat/GTB fraudsters; and both companies are not investigating the case. If the bank know there are loopholes at Etisalat, why don't they fight Etisalat for all losses?
Re: Fraud Alert! Gtbank *737# Is Very Risky. by okikiosibodu(m): 3:30pm On Dec 11, 2016
postemail
Both parties know they have moles within them. I repeat, the best place to start from is Etisalat, they can fish out whoever did your sim swap. If they refuse to corperate, I bet they will put themselve to order when you involve NCC. All those Telcomms fear NCC. I think NCC should be ablt to take it up on your behalf. For any operation to be done from within a telecommunication firm (using where I work as an example) the applications have log in requirements, and they are unique to each staff. So whatever you do, will have a shortcode/abbreviation your details on it. If anything happens, all they need do is is get the short code, and run it on their database to ge the full details of the bearer. One without log-in details, can never log into the portal ('cause in the first place, the details were created one by one, and customised for each person).
With all said, I believe that's how all telcom firms operate. Don't let the case die, I won't be happy with you if you do. They must cough it out. Even if you don't need the money, donate it to charity. Many souls will pray for you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fraud Alert! Gtbank *737# Is Very Risky. by mojeks: 4:23pm On Dec 11, 2016
Report to CBN, they told the banks that they will now be liable to any fraud on the USSD channel, http://thenationonlineng.net/banks-pay-mobile-money-transactions-fraud/.

4 Likes

Re: Fraud Alert! Gtbank *737# Is Very Risky. by postemail: 7:56pm On Dec 11, 2016
mojeks:
Report to CBN, they told the banks that they will now be liable to any fraud on the USSD channel, http://thenationonlineng.net/banks-pay-mobile-money-transactions-fraud/.

Thanks Mojeks

Thanks for the support. I have replied your mail.

Interesting to know that they are liable for frauds on USSD channel. Were the banks like GTB ignorant of the obvious risks especially at the Telecom end of this service? Or just the usual half-baked policy from industry leadership? I reckon it's been over a year or so they have been marketing this *737# USSD banking to their customers.. They should have secured the platform somehow. It's pure madness using the last four digits of an ATM card as PIN for 200,000 Naira transaction.

Any links to the CBN petition page?
Re: Fraud Alert! Gtbank *737# Is Very Risky. by postemail: 8:01pm On Dec 11, 2016
okikiosibodu:
postemail
Both parties know they have moles within them. I repeat, the best place to start from is Etisalat, they can fish out whoever did your sim swap. If they refuse to corperate, I bet they will put themselve to order when you involve NCC. All those Telcomms fear NCC. I think NCC should be ablt to take it up on your behalf. For any operation to be done from within a telecommunication firm (using where I work as an example) the applications have log in requirements, and they are unique to each staff. So whatever you do, will have a shortcode/abbreviation your details on it. If anything happens, all they need do is is get the short code, and run it on their database to ge the full details of the bearer. One without log-in details, can never log into the portal ('cause in the first place, the details were created one by one, and customised for each person).
With all said, I believe that's how all telcom firms operate. Don't let the case die, I won't be happy with you if you do. They must cough it out. Even if you don't need the money, donate it to charity. Many souls will pray for you

@ okikiosibodu

I promise you Bro, I will definitely keep up the fight to get my 260,000 back from GT Bank, and hopefully score one against Etisalat.

Will always update the house. All ideas and support are welcomed.

Happy Sunday y'all

2 Likes

Re: Fraud Alert! Gtbank *737# Is Very Risky. by mojeks: 10:00pm On Dec 11, 2016
I have sent you a mail, you will get your money back, you actually have no liabilities, everything is on the banks, they should have insisted on a PIN on each transaction, they know the risks and they ignored it. Lets make an example of them.
Re: Fraud Alert! Gtbank *737# Is Very Risky. by warribloood: 11:55am On Dec 15, 2016
Any update?
Re: Fraud Alert! Gtbank *737# Is Very Risky. by byteem: 1:57pm On Dec 15, 2016
postemail:

Did they do the illegal transfer from your account through USSD banking or Internet (app) banking?

How safe is Internet banking? I have a phobia for any of this sorta convenient banking at the moment. I just feel they are all compromised somehow.

I have opened an account with Stanbic IBTC. I will be migrating to Stanbic. For this account, I have neither requested for ATM card nor cheque book. I want it "bank hall" banking only. Although it's tough, i think I'm better safe than the nightmare I have been through these few days going to lawyer, police , court affidavit and to the HQ of Etisalat and GTB.

@ all mods, lalasticlala etc.. Let the words out; USSD banking through these telecom providers is unsafe. Let the people on Nairaland and elsewhere learn about this. Move this front page, pls. Transacting with short codes like *737# makes your bank account so vulnerable.

WELL INTERNET BANKING IS NOT WITHOUT ITS FAILS BUT ITS A LOT SAFER THAN USSD BANKING... MUCH MORE SAFER.. FIRST U HAVE THE TWO FACTOR AUTHENTICATION SYSTEM WHICH REQUIRES YOU TO HAVE A PIN AND A UNIQUE TOKEN.. THEN U HAVE SECURITY CERTIFICATIONS REQUIRED BY CBN BEFORE SUCH PROCESS CAN BE APPROVED LIKE A PCIDSS ON PAYMENT SECURITY .. SO YES TO A LARGE EXTENT ONLINE BANKING IS VERY SAFE .. WELL SO LONG AS YOU DNT COMPROMISE YOUR PASSWORD AND YOUR TOKEN...

THEN MOST IMPORTANTLY THE ENTIRE PROCESS STARTS AND ENDS WITH THE BANK.. MOST BANKS HAVE VERY AIRTIGHT SECURITY MEASURES IN PLACES WITH THEIR CBA(CORE BANKING APPLICATIONS) WELL SOME ANYWAY.. WONT MENTION NAMES ... OTHERS ARE STILL PLAYING CATCH UP(SECURITY IS A CONTINUOUS AND HAS TO BE A CONSISTENT PROCESS CAUSE U HAVE TO ALWAYS BE A STEP AHEAD OF FRAUDSTERS) .. BUT BY AND LARGE ONLINE BANKING IS SAFE...

USSD BANKING ON THE OTHER HAND REQUIRES THE PARTNERSHIP OF BANKS AND TELCOS.. MAINLY BECAUSE SHORTCODES ARE INVOLVED.. WHICH HAVE TO BE MAPPED TO NETWORKS... THE TELCOS ARE NOT SUBJECT TO PCIDSS PAYMENT SECURITY STANDARDS ..OR OTHER STANDARDS LIKE THE BANKS ARE.. THEY MAKE THEIR MONEY VIA USSD TRANSACTIONS (AIRTIME SALES OR CHARGES TO LINES ON INITIATION OF TRANSACTIONS) MAINLY COS ITS A CONVENIENT WAY TO BUY AIRTIME AND CONDUCT BILL PAYMENTS FOR MOST ACCOUNT USERS.. .

REALITY IS THAT THERE HAS TO BE MORE SYNERGY BETWEEN NCC NIBSS CBN BANKS AND TELCOS IT SHOULDN'T ALWAYS BE ABOUT TRANSACTION FEES .. THEY NEED TO COME TO TERMS WITH THE FACT THE CONVENIENCE HAS TO BE BALANCED WITH SECURITY..

ITS CUSTOMERS FIRST...

5 Likes

Re: Fraud Alert! Gtbank *737# Is Very Risky. by YOUNGELDER1(m): 2:46pm On Dec 15, 2016
postemail:

Bro, can you help me push this on Twitter? I tried downloading Twitter this morning but it says IPhone OS software needs an upgrade. My IPhone OS 4S model can not download OS 9.

you can use your desktop .

don't wait for Os upgrade 200k + this recession no be beans .

take the fight to Twitter & Facebook .
Re: Fraud Alert! Gtbank *737# Is Very Risky. by postemail: 11:42am On Dec 17, 2016
YOUNGELDER1:

you can use your desktop .

don't wait for Os upgrade 200k + this recession no be beans .

take the fight to Twitter & Facebook .

Thanks youngelder1.

I finally got my complaint to GTBank via Twitter. Honestly it took me a bit of messing around to finally get a hang of tweeting. Lord... I am really getting rusty and old.

Anyway thanks guys. You all have been more than wonderful. It makes me feel good knowing that there are guys out there willing to help and support. A million thanks to Mojeks , I owe you a big fat gist when GTBank pay me back my 260,515naira they stole from me.

Here're my tweets and response from GTBank

1 Like

Re: Fraud Alert! Gtbank *737# Is Very Risky. by postemail: 11:47am On Dec 17, 2016
byteem:

WELL INTERNET BANKING IS NOT WITHOUT ITS FAILS BUT ITS A LOT SAFER THAN USSD BANKING... MUCH MORE SAFER.. FIRST U HAVE THE TWO FACTOR AUTHENTICATION SYSTEM WHICH REQUIRES YOU TO HAVE A PIN AND A UNIQUE TOKEN.. THEN U HAVE SECURITY CERTIFICATIONS REQUIRED BY CBN BEFORE SUCH PROCESS CAN BE APPROVED LIKE A PCIDSS ON PAYMENT SECURITY .. SO YES TO A LARGE EXTENT ONLINE BANKING IS VERY SAFE .. WELL SO LONG AS YOU DNT COMPROMISE YOUR PASSWORD AND YOUR TOKEN...

THEN MOST IMPORTANTLY THE ENTIRE PROCESS STARTS AND ENDS WITH THE BANK.. MOST BANKS HAVE VERY AIRTIGHT SECURITY MEASURES IN PLACES WITH THEIR CBA(CORE BANKING APPLICATIONS) WELL SOME ANYWAY.. WONT MENTION NAMES ... OTHERS ARE STILL PLAYING CATCH UP(SECURITY IS A CONTINUOUS AND HAS TO BE A CONSISTENT PROCESS CAUSE U HAVE TO ALWAYS BE A STEP AHEAD OF FRAUDSTERS) .. BUT BY AND LARGE ONLINE BANKING IS SAFE...

USSD BANKING ON THE OTHER HAND REQUIRES THE PARTNERSHIP OF BANKS AND TELCOS.. MAINLY BECAUSE SHORTCODES ARE INVOLVED.. WHICH HAVE TO BE MAPPED TO NETWORKS... THE TELCOS ARE NOT SUBJECT TO PCIDSS PAYMENT SECURITY STANDARDS ..OR OTHER STANDARDS LIKE THE BANKS ARE.. THEY MAKE THEIR MONEY VIA USSD TRANSACTIONS (AIRTIME SALES OR CHARGES TO LINES ON INITIATION OF TRANSACTIONS) MAINLY COS ITS A CONVENIENT WAY TO BUY AIRTIME AND CONDUCT BILL PAYMENTS FOR MOST ACCOUNT USERS.. .

REALITY IS THAT THERE HAS TO BE MORE SYNERGY BETWEEN NCC NIBSS CBN BANKS AND TELCOS IT SHOULDN'T ALWAYS BE ABOUT TRANSACTION FEES .. THEY NEED TO COME TO TERMS WITH THE FACT THE CONVENIENCE HAS TO BE BALANCED WITH SECURITY..

ITS CUSTOMERS FIRST...

Hi byteem . Thanks for the detailed info on Internet banking and security. I have lots of question on this topic. Hope you don't mind?

I'm trying to bash GTBank on tweeter about the insecurities of their savings account and *737#. They really have to enlighten customers about the dangers of USSD banking.

I rec
Re: Fraud Alert! Gtbank *737# Is Very Risky. by YOUNGELDER1(m): 9:54pm On Dec 17, 2016
postemail:

Thanks youngelder1.

I finally got my complaint to GTBank via Twitter. Honestly it took me a bit of messing around to finally get a hang of tweeting. Lord... I am really getting rusty and old.

Anyway thanks guys. You all have been more than wonderful. It makes me feel good knowing that there are guys out there willing to help and support. A million thanks to Mojeks , I owe you a big fat gist when GTBank pay me back my 260,515naira they stole from me.

okay . keep tweeting so they won't sleep on it .
Re: Fraud Alert! Gtbank *737# Is Very Risky. by rydow(m): 7:51am On Dec 18, 2016
postemail:

Thanks youngelder1.

Good One bro, But don't sleep on it ooo, and I don't think GTB is directly guilty at the moment. What about ETISALAT. Don't forget Someone SWAP your number which is an inside Job with Etisalat.

I think you need to be close with the Both of them at the same time. So One will not say they need to investigate with the Other keeping you on a Long thing. and MMM don FREEZE so NO LONG THing again oooo.

If they wouldn't DM you after 6 hours of your tweet, Keep Re tweeting oooooo. DON'T SLEEP ON IT ooo

Safe!
Re: Fraud Alert! Gtbank *737# Is Very Risky. by postemail: 8:15am On Dec 18, 2016
rydow:

Good One bro, But don't sleep on it ooo, and I don't think GTB is directly guilty at the moment. What about ETISALAT. Don't forget Someone SWAP your number which is an inside Job with Etisalat.

I think you need to be close with the Both of them at the same time. So One will not say they need to investigate with the Other keeping you on a Long thing. and MMM don FREEZE so NO LONG THing again oooo.

If they wouldn't DM you after 6 hours of your tweet, Keep Re tweeting oooooo. DON'T SLEEP ON IT ooo

Safe!

Please what's DM?
I'm really knew to Twitter. Still fiddling with it somehow. When I tweet @gtbank does it go public?

I really want folks out there to know the dangers associated with USSD banking, especially the *737# thingy run by GTBank. If one creates a hashtag about this, does it go public? School me a little about tweeting.:-)

No, I'm not letting Etisalat loose. I'm actually seeking legal support to file a case against them. I have saved both SIM cards (both the swapped one and new one). I have saved all documents and acknowledged copies sent to Etisalat. If there's any NL lawyer willing to take on a fight against a big corporation, pls PM me.

Dipoolowoo @ businesspost.ng is also willing to take up the story on his news portal. He has contacted me and GTBank. Currently compiling a dossier of this fraud, before going live.

Once more, thank you guys. Thanks for the support. When I get my 260,000 back from GTB, will definitely send gifts to you all.

1 Like

Re: Fraud Alert! Gtbank *737# Is Very Risky. by postemail: 8:24am On Dec 18, 2016
On my Monday, I will be sending my petition to Customer Protection Dept of CBN. I have summarized and compiled all my documents into a PDF file for easy viewing by the official. I will also CC GTBank's fraud team. CBN requires petition to filed 14 days after non-resolution of a fraud. It's past 14days now....actually 21 days. I pray they do something akin to doing their job..

1 Like

Re: Fraud Alert! Gtbank *737# Is Very Risky. by Mimzyy(f): 2:35pm On Dec 18, 2016
This is really pathetic. Such an enlightening thread and it didn't grace front page. If it's all these useless yeyebrities news, it would have graced fp within few hours.

So sorry about your case Postemail, Do keep us informed on the updates, meanwhile, can i have you twitter handle so i can also help you reteweet the complain to my ffs?

That's how the foolish gtb people deducted 105 or so from my account and they tagged it as annual maintenance fee for my card. What nonsense maintenance for a card that is within my care? Why don't other banks deduct same? Gtb is f**ked up honestly.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fraud Alert! Gtbank *737# Is Very Risky. by Osyxcel(m): 2:55pm On Dec 18, 2016
Mimzyy:
This is really pathetic. Such an enlightening thread and it didn't grace front page. If it's all these useless yeyebrities news, it would have graced fp within few hours.

So sorry about your case Postemail, Do keep us informed on the updates, meanwhile, can i have you twitter handle so i can also help you reteweet the complain to my ffs?

That's how the foolish gtb people deducted 105 or so from my account and they tagged it as annual maintenance fee for my card. What nonsense maintenance for a card that is within my care? Why don't other banks deduct same? Gtb is f**ked up honestly.

All banks deduct #100 maintenance fee for Cards. The #5 is for VAT.
Re: Fraud Alert! Gtbank *737# Is Very Risky. by Osyxcel(m): 2:58pm On Dec 18, 2016
postemail:

Please what's DM?
I'm really knew to Twitter. Still fiddling with it somehow. When I tweet @gtbank does it go public?

I really want folks out there to know the dangers associated with USSD banking, especially the *737# thingy run by GTBank. If one creates a hashtag about this, does it go public? School me a little about tweeting.:-)

No, I'm not letting Etisalat loose. I'm actually seeking legal support to file a case against them. I have saved both SIM cards (both the swapped one and new one). I have saved all documents and acknowledged copies sent to Etisalat. If there's any NL lawyer willing to take on a fight against a big corporation, pls PM me.

Dipoolowoo @ businesspost.ng is also willing to take up the story on his news portal. He has contacted me and GTBank. Currently compiling a dossier of this fraud, before going live.

Once more, thank you guys. Thanks for the support. When I get my 260,000 back from GTB, will definitely send gifts to you all.

DM stands for Direct Messages. I don't really use twitter too tho.
Re: Fraud Alert! Gtbank *737# Is Very Risky. by Mimzyy(f): 3:02pm On Dec 18, 2016
Osyxcel:

Zenith and Diamond Bank have never deducted same from my accounts.

1 Like

Re: Fraud Alert! Gtbank *737# Is Very Risky. by postemail: 3:04pm On Dec 18, 2016
Mimzyy:

Hi Mimzyy . Thanks so much for the support. I feel the same too about why this thread has not made it up to the front page. Some brilliant folks like byteem have posted interesting details on the vulnerability of USSD banking run by GTBank where customers could dial *737# to access their account. If I had read such info before this illegal withdrawal of 260,000 from my account, I 'd have cancelled my ATM card -that way plugging the loophole to my account. Well, I have learned in a harsh way.

Nice if you could retweet to your followers. I really want the news to go around and may be put a little pressure on GTBank to pay back stolen funds.

My Twitter handle is cole70997789

Thanks

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fraud Alert! Gtbank *737# Is Very Risky. by Osyxcel(m): 3:18pm On Dec 18, 2016
Mimzyy:

Zenith and Diamond Bank have never deducted same from my accounts.

Well, you may be right and I may be wrong, or it could be that those other banks deduct it systematically. I don't trust all these banks a bit.

1 Like

Re: Fraud Alert! Gtbank *737# Is Very Risky. by postemail: 3:37pm On Dec 18, 2016
Osyxcel:

This horrible GTBank deducted 488 for SMS alert for just one month!!! This is madness

Re: Fraud Alert! Gtbank *737# Is Very Risky. by Osyxcel(m): 3:40pm On Dec 18, 2016
postemail:

This horrible GTBank deducted 488 for SMS alert for just one month!!! This is madness

A sms is #4. So they are basically telling you that you got 122 SMS alerts within 1 month. Seems GTB charges are getting too much and unfair.

1 Like

Re: Fraud Alert! Gtbank *737# Is Very Risky. by Caveatemptor(m): 1:07pm On Dec 19, 2016
Mimzyy:

If you are waiting for a thread like this to grace the front page,you are on a looonnngg thing.
@OP,
While I sympathise with your loss,your best bet is to take your battle to the doorstep of your foes-GTB and Etisalat. Continue to post your complaints on all their social media pages. On the other hand if you want more people on Nairaland to read your story follow asany people as possible and then share your posts or get people who already have a lot of followers to share your post.
Re: Fraud Alert! Gtbank *737# Is Very Risky. by Mimzyy(f): 2:19pm On Dec 19, 2016
May I ask why? @ the emboldened.
Caveatemptor:

If you are waiting for a thread like this to grace the front page,you are on a looonnngg thing.
@OP,
While I sympathise with your loss,your best bet is to take your battle to the doorstep of your foes-GTB and Etisalat. Continue to post your complaints on all their social media pages. On the other hand if you want more people on Nairaland to read your story follow asany people as possible and then share your posts or get people who already have a lot of followers to share your post.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ex-Boxer & Lord's Chosen Pastor Murders His Wife On Christmas Day In Anambra / Missing 14-Year-Old Girl Hidden By 43-Year-Old Neighbor For 2-Day Sex In Lagos / Female Child Kidnapper Caught In Ijora Badia, Lagos, Burnt To Ashes (Graphic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.