Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,199 members, 7,780,342 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 12:50 PM

N4.7bn: Obanikoro Returns N134m To EFCC ….says I’ll Repay N450m In 2017 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / N4.7bn: Obanikoro Returns N134m To EFCC ….says I’ll Repay N450m In 2017 (9008 Views)

"Ikoyi Whistle-blower Is Mad" - EFCC Says, Takes Him To Psychiatric Hospital / Fayose Receives N4.7bn Paris Club Fund From FG / Obanikoro Returns To Nigeria Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

N4.7bn: Obanikoro Returns N134m To EFCC ….says I’ll Repay N450m In 2017 by DAVECENA(m): 4:06am On Nov 30, 2016
A former Minister of State for Defence, Senator Musiliu Obanikoro, on Monday returned N30m to the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission. This brings the total amount of money he has returned to the EFCC to N134m.

A source at the EFCC said, “Obanikoro came on Monday and presented a draft of about N30m. Initially we did not want to collect it because it is small compared to what he is supposed to have given us. However, the legal department advised us to collect it.”

Obanikoro had in October returned N104m to the commission. The ex-minister, who returned to Nigeria last month after spending about 15 months in the United States, was accused of receiving N4.7bn from the Office of the National Security Adviser under the leadership of Col. Sambo Dasuki (retd.).
Obanikoro had said in his statement of oath at the EFCC that after receiving the money in 2014, he gave N1.219bn to the then governorship candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party in Ekiti State, Mr. Ayodele Fayose, while N1.3bn was given to the PDP candidate in Osun State, Senator Iyiola Omisore.

He also confessed to giving Fayose a separate $5.377m at Spotless Hotel in Ekiti State in the presence of party leaders including the then PDP Secretary, Mr. Tope Aluko.

Obanikoro was said to have kept about N785m for himself, which he allegedly spent while campaigning ahead of the PDP governorship primary in Lagos State. Mr. Jimi Agbaje won the primary.

However, the EFCC asked Obanikoro to return about N584m out of which he had already returned N134m.
At the EFCC office on Monday, Obanikoro promised the detectives that he would return the remaining N450m in 2017.

The source said, “About N450m is remaining and Obanikoro has promised to pay the rest in 2017. He will also be reporting at our office every two weeks.”
At the Federal High Court in Abuja presided over by Justice Nnamdi Dimgba last week, Mr. Alade Sunday, a manager at Zenith Bank, narrated how Obanikoro delivered about N1.219bn to Fayose’s aide, Abiodun Agbele, for onward transmission to his boss.
He had also said it took the cashiers about 10 days to count the money.

Sunday had said Obanikoro flew with the cash to Akure Airport and the money was loaded into bullion vans.
He had said, “When we got to the airport, we waited for some minutes before the aircraft arrived. When the aircraft offloaded its passengers, one of them appeared to me to be Senator Musliu Obanikoro and the other one appeared to be his ADC, Adewale.

“Agbele walked up to them and had a discussion with them. Thereafter, he signalled me to bring the van. Bags loaded with cash were loaded into the van and Obanikoro’s ADC, Agbele and I drove back to the bank.”
Meanwhile, it was learnt Omisore had appealed to the EFCC to return his passport to him to enable him to travel out of the country.

A source at the commission said, “We cannot return his passport to him now because he has not yet returned half of the money. He has returned only N350m out of N1.3bn. When he returns half, then the EFCC can consider returning the passport to him.”

source:

http://punchng.com/n4-7bn-obanikoro-returns-n134m-efcc/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: N4.7bn: Obanikoro Returns N134m To EFCC ….says I’ll Repay N450m In 2017 by FastShipping: 4:16am On Nov 30, 2016
Imagine what these thieves did under ineffectual buffon. And ineffectual buffon kept saying he was fighting corruption with technology. How did the corruption fight with technology work out for him? Then ineffectual buffon came up with yam and goat theory.

Never in our lives should we have another ineffectual buffon as president.

Buhari hasn't fared better either. Monumental fraud going on under Buhari too coupled with directionless economic policies.

SMH.

68 Likes 8 Shares

Re: N4.7bn: Obanikoro Returns N134m To EFCC ….says I’ll Repay N450m In 2017 by SamuelAnyawu(m): 4:18am On Nov 30, 2016
grin grin grin Jail Him cool He is not a Saint wink

1 Like

Re: N4.7bn: Obanikoro Returns N134m To EFCC ….says I’ll Repay N450m In 2017 by DAVECENA(m): 4:21am On Nov 30, 2016
Inasmuch as I support his anti-corruption campaign, I'm still skeptical on the funds returned.What has he used it to do in this recession?

2 Likes

Re: N4.7bn: Obanikoro Returns N134m To EFCC ….says I’ll Repay N450m In 2017 by GudluckIBB(m): 4:23am On Nov 30, 2016
FastShipping:
Imagine what these thieves did under ineffectual buffon. And ineffectual kept saying he was fighting corruption with technology. How did the corruption fight with technology work out for him? Then ineffectual buffon came up with yam and goat theory.

Buhari hasn't fared better either. Monumental fraud going on under Buhari too coupled with directionless economic policies.

SMH.

Dear Brother,
Pls I will advice you to put on the whole armour of God becos the children of hate and those who are still pained that IB lost election to Buhari will definetly come after you now.

Pls take this advice seriously becos as far as they are concerned, Obanikoro is still in the U.S and he has never been arressted by EFCC, its all media trial, its all propaganda, its against the rule of law, these are the new found words dearest to them since the clueless one from otuoke lost his re election bid. They hate the truth no matter how the truth brings itself out.

Take care Bro! Pls don't forget, to put on the armour becos I can see them booking spaces to hit you later.

49 Likes 2 Shares

Re: N4.7bn: Obanikoro Returns N134m To EFCC ….says I’ll Repay N450m In 2017 by Atiku2019: 4:25am On Nov 30, 2016
FastShipping:
Imagine what these thieves did under ineffectual buffon. And ineffectual buffon kept saying he was fighting corruption with technology. How did the corruption fight with technology work out for him? Then ineffectual buffon came up with yam and goat theory.

SMH.

Kudos to your Last Paragraph cool

2 Likes

Re: N4.7bn: Obanikoro Returns N134m To EFCC ….says I’ll Repay N450m In 2017 by FastShipping: 4:27am On Nov 30, 2016
GudluckIBB:

Dear Brother,
Pls I will advice you to put on the whole armour of God becos the children of hate and those who are still pained that IB lost election to Buhari will definetly come after you now.

Pls take this advice seriously becos as far as they are concerned, Obanikoro is still in the U.S and he has never been arressted by EFCC, its all media trial, its all propaganda, its against the rule of law, these are the new found words dearest to them since the clueless one from otuoke lost his re election bid. They hate the truth no matter how the truth brings itself out.

Take care Bro! Pls don't forget, to put on the armour becos I can see them booking spaces to hit you later.

Let them come. I'm here for them.

5 Likes

Re: N4.7bn: Obanikoro Returns N134m To EFCC ….says I’ll Repay N450m In 2017 by loomer: 4:31am On Nov 30, 2016
You no see money take pay now, na 2017 u wan see money pay?

2 Likes

Re: N4.7bn: Obanikoro Returns N134m To EFCC ….says I’ll Repay N450m In 2017 by blackpanda: 4:34am On Nov 30, 2016
Honestly Jonathan is the most useless president ever to exist!

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: N4.7bn: Obanikoro Returns N134m To EFCC ….says I’ll Repay N450m In 2017 by FastShipping: 4:38am On Nov 30, 2016
blackpanda:
Honestly Jonathan is the most useless president ever to exist!

As long as you supported his quest for second term in office, all bets were off when it came to stealing. Ineffectual buffon was a disaster that should never happen again. Few weeks before the 2015 general elections, ineffectual buffon opened foreign exchange vault and dished out money like it was Xmas time.

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: N4.7bn: Obanikoro Returns N134m To EFCC ….says I’ll Repay N450m In 2017 by ibkgab001: 4:57am On Nov 30, 2016
Kosi KORO kosi bo

Kosi KORO kosole

4 Likes

Re: N4.7bn: Obanikoro Returns N134m To EFCC ….says I’ll Repay N450m In 2017 by modath(f): 5:06am On Nov 30, 2016
ibkgab001:
Kosi KORO kosi bo

Kosi KORO kosole

Koro Jaguda.. cheesy cheesy

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: N4.7bn: Obanikoro Returns N134m To EFCC ….says I’ll Repay N450m In 2017 by DrRasheed: 5:35am On Nov 30, 2016
Love u pmb.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: N4.7bn: Obanikoro Returns N134m To EFCC ….says I’ll Repay N450m In 2017 by hmuhammad(m): 5:46am On Nov 30, 2016
Some ediots will soon tell us that its a media trial, that drunkard some wailers see as their hero almost sold this country. Thank God we sent him back to his village.

God bless PMB.
God bless the Federal republic of Nigeria.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: N4.7bn: Obanikoro Returns N134m To EFCC ….says I’ll Repay N450m In 2017 by Progressive01(m): 6:10am On Nov 30, 2016
The guys above me jave said it all. I have notjing to add.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: N4.7bn: Obanikoro Returns N134m To EFCC ….says I’ll Repay N450m In 2017 by Rilwayne001: 6:12am On Nov 30, 2016
FastShipping:

SMH.

Good points!
Re: N4.7bn: Obanikoro Returns N134m To EFCC ….says I’ll Repay N450m In 2017 by Nobody: 6:12am On Nov 30, 2016
hmmm

11 Likes

Re: N4.7bn: Obanikoro Returns N134m To EFCC ….says I’ll Repay N450m In 2017 by Rilwayne001: 6:18am On Nov 30, 2016
It's a very good thing to see Obanikoro cooperating with EFCC. This should serve as a lesson for other yam eaters that think they can abscond from the wrath of the law. FFK, FAYOSE, SHEPOPOTAMUS, and every other goat that ate our yams and those bastard in the current government that are steal eating it, you guys won't have peace of mind unless you vomit all our yams.

And for Buhari, continuing shielding the broom wavering goats eating our yams, God is coming for you.

4 Likes

Re: N4.7bn: Obanikoro Returns N134m To EFCC ….says I’ll Repay N450m In 2017 by lomprico(m): 6:43am On Nov 30, 2016
GudluckIBB:

Dear Brother,

There is nothing wrong with wat he said! Gej was a failure and the dog of a president today is a total mess!

How can he not jail these fucckers? So a thief is now free as long as he/she returns 10% of what he/she stole?? angry

9 Likes

Re: N4.7bn: Obanikoro Returns N134m To EFCC ….says I’ll Repay N450m In 2017 by slimfit1(m): 7:39am On Nov 30, 2016
God will bless this country by next year.

4 Likes

Re: N4.7bn: Obanikoro Returns N134m To EFCC ….says I’ll Repay N450m In 2017 by herzernIsHere: 7:49am On Nov 30, 2016
EFCC should start commissioninq schools and Roads.....

This recovered loots.....where are they directed to??
Re: N4.7bn: Obanikoro Returns N134m To EFCC ….says I’ll Repay N450m In 2017 by steppin: 7:51am On Nov 30, 2016
He allegedly stole 4.7bn and returned a paltry sum of 134m and zombies are happy?
This brainwashing Na die!

1 Like

Re: N4.7bn: Obanikoro Returns N134m To EFCC ….says I’ll Repay N450m In 2017 by Atiku2019: 7:52am On Nov 30, 2016
Okay he'll pay the rest in 2017 cool

MMM Things grin

11 Likes

Re: N4.7bn: Obanikoro Returns N134m To EFCC ….says I’ll Repay N450m In 2017 by hustla(m): 7:52am On Nov 30, 2016
Ehn make e dey jail till then na
Re: N4.7bn: Obanikoro Returns N134m To EFCC ….says I’ll Repay N450m In 2017 by seunakin231(m): 7:52am On Nov 30, 2016
The blood of those soldiers u were meant to take care of go ask u, infact ogun kill U

1 Like

Re: N4.7bn: Obanikoro Returns N134m To EFCC ….says I’ll Repay N450m In 2017 by Atiku2019: 7:52am On Nov 30, 2016
lomprico:

There is nothing wrong with wat he said! Gej was a failure and the dog of a president today is a total mess!

How can he not jail these fucckers? So a thief is now free as long as he/she returns 10% of what he/she stole?? angry

GEJ isn't a Dog Mr Man wink
Re: N4.7bn: Obanikoro Returns N134m To EFCC ….says I’ll Repay N450m In 2017 by alizma: 7:53am On Nov 30, 2016
Jonathan will still maintain that no money was stolen under his watch

1 Like

Re: N4.7bn: Obanikoro Returns N134m To EFCC ….says I’ll Repay N450m In 2017 by Nobody: 7:53am On Nov 30, 2016
hmuhammad:
Some ediots will soon tell us that its a media trial, that drunkard some wailers see as their hero almost sold this country. Thank God we sent him back to his village.

God bless PMB.
God bless the Federal republic of Nigeria.
thunder fire both of you there IJN Amen

1 Like 1 Share

Re: N4.7bn: Obanikoro Returns N134m To EFCC ….says I’ll Repay N450m In 2017 by k4kings(m): 7:53am On Nov 30, 2016
3 3 3 days have been spent already. 33 days remains. God is saying to you that your latter dayz will be greater than your former days, you will grow from zero to hero, from grass to grace, from stop to top, from boys quarter to headquarter, God will make you the head and not the tail. You will grow from shame to fame by HIS grace.All your mockers will become your workers and you will move from insult to result. Oya say amen with likes

3 Likes

Re: N4.7bn: Obanikoro Returns N134m To EFCC ….says I’ll Repay N450m In 2017 by obembet(f): 7:54am On Nov 30, 2016
Don't let him go,u must pay all.. And return to kuje
Re: N4.7bn: Obanikoro Returns N134m To EFCC ….says I’ll Repay N450m In 2017 by izzou(m): 7:55am On Nov 30, 2016
Only if Obanikoro had decamped to apc

His sins would have been forgiven

But even be like say Koro want to try MMM united. He wants to start tomorrow, I think cool

(1) (2) (Reply)

Inuwa Yahaya Suspends Selection Process Of New Mai Tangle / How Nigerian Lawmakers Padded 2024 Budget With Over N53 Billion Vague Projects / Man Jailed For Being Idle In Jos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.