Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,705 members, 7,802,095 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:08 AM

Pics: UNN Undergraduate Committs Suicide Over Money Gambling..... - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pics: UNN Undergraduate Committs Suicide Over Money Gambling..... (1271 Views)

Breakingnews: APC Supporters In Free-for-all Fight Over Money Sharing In Ilorin / Decomposed Body Of The Lady Found In A Room In Awka Identified As UNN Graduate / Gambling Has Finished Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Pics: UNN Undergraduate Committs Suicide Over Money Gambling..... by kachysblog(f): 5:44am On Nov 30, 2016
Authorities at the University of Nigeria, Nsukka, have confirmed the death of a final year student who reportedly
committed suicide. A final year student of agricultural engineering at the University of Nigeria, Nsukka, who is also reported to be a participant of the Mavrodi Mondial Movement investment scheme (MMM), has committed suicide.
According to reports, the deceased, identified as Tobechukwu Okeke was found on Sunday morning, November 27, dangling from a rope in his room at Odenigwe, a community in Nsukka, Enugu state.
The deceased was said to have left a note behind where he apologised to his family, according to accounts by a
neighbor close to the family. Continue to read the contents of the letter and another pic after the cut…..*viewer’s discretion please*

He wrote: “Mother, Father, brother, I’m sorry. Ify, may your children never suffer. Uncle Mathias, you gave me all. I am sorry. Death calls. Linguistic department, I am sorry. Okeke Tobechukwu S. 2012/185649,” the neighbour, who did not want to be named, quoted. Though the cause of Mr. Okeke’s death is yet to be ascertained, some of his neighbours suggested that he was in debt, some said he was tired of schooling, others attributed his suicide to the loss of money in a network business he invested into.
The deceased’s last Facebook posts showed he had been involved in the controversial MMM scheme as he used his
account to advertise the scheme.
His last post, in September, read: “MMM is enriching lives of millions of Nigerians everyday. If you care to join or you
have any questions please send me a message or comment below.”
One of the deceased’s colleagues, who also did not want to be named, said he was given an electrical wiring job to do at the department of linguistics in the university, because of his expertise in electrical works. “I saw him this (Sunday) morning, he seemed to have a problem which he needed money to solve,” the colleague added.
The university authorities have also confirmed the incident, but said the family had not officially informed the institution. Uju Umo, the university’s dean of student affairs said: “I travelled for a burial last weekend and yesterday I got a text message saying a student had committed suicide.” “It happened at Odenigwe, one of the host communities outside the school and I was told he left a suicide note apologising to his fellow gamblers.”
Similarly, Chukwu Emmanuel, the university’s student union president, also confirmed the incident, and said the matter was being investigated.
“There’s no concrete details for now,” he added. People close to the deceased described him as a comedian
who always used jokes to awake sleeping students during night classes.
“He used to go around to classes at night to crack jokes and encourage students to forget their worries and focus,”

May his soul rest in perfect peace……

http://www.kachysblog.com/2016/11/30/pics-unn-undergraduate-commits-suicide-money-gambling/

Re: Pics: UNN Undergraduate Committs Suicide Over Money Gambling..... by Kalatium(m): 6:35am On Nov 30, 2016
Eya, rest in peace. Buh i don't know it's in our generation that many people commit murder.
Whatever the reason, he isn't supposed to commit suicide.
Re: Pics: UNN Undergraduate Committs Suicide Over Money Gambling..... by segebase(m): 7:00am On Nov 30, 2016
I tot de said it was because of MMM he did this

(1) (Reply)

Enquiries About U.I Library / Admin Help I Want To Change My Name To Techadeiza / Unemployment, 7 Other Major Reasons Betting Is Rising In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.