Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,243 members, 7,807,820 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:54 PM

Marrying A Lady 6 Years Older - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Marrying A Lady 6 Years Older (30447 Views)

A 19-Year-Old Lady Is In Love With Me, I'm 10 Years Older. I'm Scared / My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me / My Fiancée Is 7 Years Older Than Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marrying A Lady 6 Years Older by fashrola(m): 10:35pm On Nov 30, 2016
deliveryboy:
No bro, it's not always about love. Women age faster than men, even younger women age more than men after some years, believe me, in five years both of them cannot hang out together in public without looking awkward, at that time the man would prefer going out alone or seek the company of teenage girls. The places they can both go are church programs Most guys are attracted to older ladies at some point in their lives but marrying them is a totally different thing.

That's your opinion though... that means the man didn't marry for love but for her beauty.... Who cares about her ageing faster? If she's the wife u marry cause of LOVE... then her ageing appearance shouldn't be an issue..

The problem with some NIGERIAN women... They stop taking good care of their selves after childbirth...

Oya take a look at Peter Okoye's wife....

3 Likes

Re: Marrying A Lady 6 Years Older by Fearcom(m): 10:36pm On Nov 30, 2016
Poorboy:
Sugar mummy things
Haba! What a horrible thing to say about somebody's wife! It is better n ot to say anything at all

2 Likes

Re: Marrying A Lady 6 Years Older by gemale(m): 10:57pm On Nov 30, 2016
Winnelyn:

he loves her, but the problem here is, ' people advised him not to undecided
If deres no oda reason apart 4rm d age ish, abeg make those pple swerve enta river Niger joor.

1 Like

Re: Marrying A Lady 6 Years Older by favouryemmy: 11:46pm On Nov 30, 2016
Winnelyn:
Hey guys can you get married to a girl who is 6years older than you , a friend is in a relation with a girl 6years older than him, his family would not accept this, he is really tensed about how to deal with this, will there be any problem marrying her? undecided

Please take this advice seriously. Never marry a lady who is older than you UNLESS she has a certificate of humility. By certificate of humility, I mean, that she is extra humble to the extent of ALMOST being to a fault. You will know this more when she's angry, what does she do? I almost married a lady that was 2 years older than myself and I saw the writing on the wall that she didn't have a certificate of humility. I had to call it off before its too late.

1 Like

Re: Marrying A Lady 6 Years Older by Nobody: 12:16am On Dec 01, 2016
I guess it depends on the person and how his family react to it. I mean I'm 30 and my obim just turned 24, he is Igbo and he wants to marry me.

I recall teasing him saying he just a pikin and I'm an old bag, he usually very calm with me but I saw my baby Igbo pride when he said he may be younger but doesn't mean he got notin up there, also that his family will love me but either way he doesn't care, he marrying me, our chi's are one.

Nawa oo when a young handsome Igbo man wants you shaa, they go the distance to get you.

For myself I'm flattered really and I do love him, didn't tink marriage was in the cards for me being this age, but Chukwu's in Control.

4 Likes

Re: Marrying A Lady 6 Years Older by Nobody: 12:36am On Dec 01, 2016
Adanna86:
I guess it depends on the person and how his family react to it. I mean I'm 30 and my obim just turned 24, he is Igbo and he wants to marry me.

I recall teasing him saying he just a pikin and I'm an old bag, he usually very calm with me but I saw my baby Igbo pride when he said he may be younger but doesn't mean he got notin up there, also that his family will love me but either way he doesn't care, he marrying me, our chi's are one.

Nawa oo when a young handsome Igbo man wants you shaa, they go the distance to get you.

For myself I'm flattered really and I do love him, didn't tink marriage was in the cards for me being this age, but Chukwu's in Control.

You're a rare woman sha. Not many Nigerian women would date, let alone, marry a guy who is 6 years younger than her

1 Like

Re: Marrying A Lady 6 Years Older by leTrizzle: 6:33am On Dec 01, 2016
All may seem nice for now, but she would disrespect him at sea point.
Re: Marrying A Lady 6 Years Older by Mabelenena(f): 8:11am On Dec 01, 2016
emmanok24:

I'm in my late 20s. Next question please! grin
how many children?
Re: Marrying A Lady 6 Years Older by emmanok24(m): 9:30am On Dec 01, 2016
Mabelenena:
how many children?
A child.
Re: Marrying A Lady 6 Years Older by wizaro(m): 10:56am On Dec 01, 2016
twosquare:
How were your family or both sides able to accept this without any hassles...coz mine is a year older too?
well there wasn't any opposition to that from my family.. Ends because she is a good fellow.. And moreover my family knows I don't date younger women. So they saw it coming.. Moreover they believe my happiness is more important... Family with understanding

1 Like

Re: Marrying A Lady 6 Years Older by gemale(m): 12:35pm On Dec 01, 2016
RadicallyBlunt:

I shake my head at some people's inexperience. Some people like this actually think life starts and ends with nairaland. You can choose to marry someone youre older than with 30yrs sef, its your life. I spoke my mind. What the westerners do and end in divorce is what you think would work in for an African woman? Ladies like you are praying to find a loving husband who's older than them and some resolve to marrying a man younger to them with 2yrs max, but you want to settle for 6yrs difference. My dear you shd marry a teenager o, I thinks its better. Then in the next life marry your grandson mate.
Oga u deserve d kain sense-upgrading slap Ade dey receive 4rm im papa 4 crazeclown.
Re: Marrying A Lady 6 Years Older by Nobody: 1:05pm On Dec 01, 2016
gemale:

Oga u deserve d kain sense-upgrading slap Ade dey receive 4rm im papa 4 crazeclown.
You deserve worse
Re: Marrying A Lady 6 Years Older by kenigwe18: 1:17pm On Dec 01, 2016
Winnelyn:
Hey guys can you get married to a girl who is 6years older than you , a friend is in a relation with a girl 6years older than him, his family would not accept this, he is really tensed about how to deal with this, will there be any problem marrying her? undecided
Yea I'll admit there is it all dpends on mostly d guy involved, 90% of naija families won't encourage such Cnt even imagine waH myn will do lol...Buh all d same if the gy takes the relationship serious makes it knwn 2 his family members then I believe he wud end up marrying er
Re: Marrying A Lady 6 Years Older by Youngpo413: 2:46pm On Dec 01, 2016
As my friend pleep will say and I quote "l'age est juste un nombre" so go ahead.
Re: Marrying A Lady 6 Years Older by Sotenna(m): 7:30pm On Dec 01, 2016
Winnelyn:

he loves her, but the problem here is, ' people advised him not to undecided

One thing that gives a guy character is knowing what he wants, not just at the moment, but even in the future. If after all due considerations he still thinks that she's what he needs not just "want," then he should go ahead and marry her.

Your opinion concerning someone's choice of spouse isn't something you must force down their throat. The bulk of the decision rests with the individuals involved, so also will the consequences arising from their decisions.

1 Like

Re: Marrying A Lady 6 Years Older by Mabelenena(f): 10:25pm On Dec 01, 2016
emmanok24:
A child.
Thats nice, your wife is a lucky woman
Re: Marrying A Lady 6 Years Older by kenigwe18: 8:26am On Dec 03, 2016
Adanna86:

Maturely spoken ada nne
Re: Marrying A Lady 6 Years Older by Frankraj: 1:06pm On Dec 23, 2016
Lol marrying a 6 year older woman to me is cheating already to the guy .the lady go Don fvk tire
Re: Marrying A Lady 6 Years Older by Nobody: 12:04am On Jun 07, 2017
Winnelyn:
I would, as long as she's ok with it. Its going to be very easy for me lol! Cause I kinda have a thing for older women lol! They are more experienced and much more straight forward.
Re: Marrying A Lady 6 Years Older by NairalandHeroes: 12:11am On Jun 07, 2017
Gratefulsoul:
Age is just a number. What counts is the mutual understanding between them and the love they share..
myopia
Re: Marrying A Lady 6 Years Older by Nobody: 12:14am On Jun 07, 2017
Winnelyn:

Myopic families like this one has always been the problem in marriages these days . They wil use force and say out threats to stop two Individuals who sincerely love themselves from getting married . They split them up . then the two individuals end up marrying other partners they are not inlove with . after few months , we start hearing curses, screams, series beatings in a new homes. Aka domestic violence .
Cos when one is not inlove with his partner in marriage ,the urge to beat and curse become rampant with any slight provocation.

Because of these kind of families , so many marriages are so miserable .
Ha! God cry

When will ones parents and family members stop to destroy their children's home and future .. God when?? cry
Re: Marrying A Lady 6 Years Older by LINSAR: 5:12pm On Jul 27, 2022
tensazangetsu20:
My girlfriend is 6 years older than I am. Am 21 she's 27 and we are getting married when I graduate.

Oga tensa, you've graduated tey tey.
Oya update us on how e be now.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Most-Heartbreaking Text Message You Received From Your Lover? / 10 Confusing Behaviours Of Girls/Ladies / Wedded Nigerian Couple Who Met On BBM (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.