Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,721 members, 7,805,966 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:18 AM

Reduction In Volume Of Peak Milk 400g Refill Sachet - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Reduction In Volume Of Peak Milk 400g Refill Sachet (2111 Views)

Photo Of Roasted Corn In A Branded Sachet / Peak Milk And Dano Milk Battle Each Other On Twitter. See What Happened / Is it Nutritious to drink one tin of liquid Peak Milk daily ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reduction In Volume Of Peak Milk 400g Refill Sachet by africandollar: 10:46am On Nov 30, 2016
I bought this 400g Peak Milk Refill Sachet from one of the numerous supermarkets so as to save cost instead of buying the tin version. I got home only to find out that the manufacturers too are looking for ingenious ways of managing Buhari's recession. Before now you could refill up the whole milk container and have more remaining in the sachet but presently some volume (around 1/8th) had obviously been subtracted from the sachet before sealing grin.

Thank you Buhari! Now I see the reason why you want to triple the cost of data so that we would reduce our rant against your government. Well today is the eve of the data price hike so I can still go ahead and rant at a cheaper cost and please Mr. President like they say, don't do the crime if you can't do the time...opposition comes with the turf so you best learn to manage it.

Re: Reduction In Volume Of Peak Milk 400g Refill Sachet by dajoaneke(m): 11:21am On Nov 30, 2016
I will pass your complaint to our consumer care office. Thank you for purchasing Peak.

1 Like

Re: Reduction In Volume Of Peak Milk 400g Refill Sachet by mu2sa2: 11:27am On Nov 30, 2016
africandollar:
I bought this 400g Peak Milk Refill Sachet from one of the numerous supermarkets so as to save cost instead of buying the tin version. I got home only to find out that the manufacturers too are looking for ingenious ways of managing Buhari's recession. Before now you could refill up the whole milk container and have more remaining in the sachet but presently some volume (around 1/8th) had obviously been subtracted from the sachet before sealing grin.

Thank you Buhari! Now I see the reason why you want to triple the cost of data so that we would reduce our rant against your government. Well today is the eve of the data price hike so I can still go ahead and rant at a cheaper cost and please Mr. President like they say, don't do the crime if you can't do the time...opposition comes with the turf so you best learn to manage it.

The only way you can conclude reduction in volume is by weighing the milk. As you pour the milk from the satchet it settles/ compacts and so you can't be conclusive on the weight only by visual assessment.
Re: Reduction In Volume Of Peak Milk 400g Refill Sachet by africandollar: 12:34pm On Nov 30, 2016
dajoaneke:
I will pass your complaint to our consumer care office. Thank you for purchasing Peak.
grin
Re: Reduction In Volume Of Peak Milk 400g Refill Sachet by africandollar: 12:35pm On Nov 30, 2016
mu2sa2:
The only way you can conclude reduction in volume is by weighing the milk. As you pour the milk from the satchet it settles/ compacts and so you can't be conclusive on the weight only by visual assessment.

Thanks Prof. Please remind me not to read the next book you write. shocked
Re: Reduction In Volume Of Peak Milk 400g Refill Sachet by kingsman66(m): 12:37pm On Nov 30, 2016
Re: Reduction In Volume Of Peak Milk 400g Refill Sachet by mu2sa2: 2:09pm On Nov 30, 2016
africandollar:

Thanks Prof. Please remind me not to read the next book you write. shocked
You needn't thank anyone, Mr Right.The choice is: accept the truth or wallow in ignorance.
Re: Reduction In Volume Of Peak Milk 400g Refill Sachet by africandollar: 4:42pm On Nov 30, 2016
mu2sa2:
You needn't thank anyone, Mr Right.The choice is: accept the truth or wallow in ignorance.

Dude, I don't know which night school you attended or what kind of alien physics you read but your theory holds no water. I thought you were having a laugh before but now that I know you are serious in ignorance let me school you. Note that (1) You are pouring into the same container so we agree that that is a constant and (2) You are pouring a product in powder form and not in granules where the spheres with the larger diameter would occupy more space than those with lesser diameter. It's like saying you need to weigh up 2 samples of water in similar containers in order to determine which has more volume, who does that?

Next time kindly ponder your thoughts before you display your ignorance for all to see angry.

1 Like

Re: Reduction In Volume Of Peak Milk 400g Refill Sachet by mu2sa2: 4:55pm On Nov 30, 2016
africandollar:

Dude, I don't know which night school you attended or what kind of alien physics you read but your theory holds no water. I thought you were having a laugh before but now that I know you are serious in ignorance let me school you. Note that (1) You are pouring into the same container so we agree that that is a constant and (2) You are pouring a product in powder form and not in granules where the spheres with the larger diameter would occupy more space than those with lesser diameter. It's like saying you need to weigh up 2 samples of water in similar containers in order to determine which has more volume, who does that?

Next time kindly ponder your thoughts before you display your ignorance for all to see angry.
Better to keep quiet than expose your ignorance. You can't measure weight with your eyes. Take it or leave it. Shikena.
Re: Reduction In Volume Of Peak Milk 400g Refill Sachet by africandollar: 6:24pm On Nov 30, 2016
mu2sa2:
Better to keep quiet than expose your ignorance. You can't measure weight with your eyes. Take it or leave it. Shikena.

I know it hurts your pride and you become adamant to admit it when you discover that your mouth responded faster than your brain. Re-read the thread title again and see that I was comparing volume and not weight.

So if you go and buy garri in the market you would ask the seller to weigh it for you for confirmation after she must have measured it up in the 'kongo' bowl? Na that day you go go market last...try am abeg!

1 Like

Re: Reduction In Volume Of Peak Milk 400g Refill Sachet by mu2sa2: 8:49pm On Nov 30, 2016
africandollar:

I know it hurts your pride and you become adamant to admit it when you discover that your mouth responded faster than your brain. Re-read the thread title again and see that I was comparing volume and not weight.

So if you go and buy garri in the market you would ask the seller to weigh it for you for confirmation after she must have measured it up in the 'kongo' bowl? Na that day you go go market last...try am abeg!
See ignorance! What u see on the packaging of Peak is 400g, because the milk powder is sold by weight. Tell me where garri is sold by weight in 'kongo'. Mr man accept correction instead of resorting to insults.

1 Like

Re: Reduction In Volume Of Peak Milk 400g Refill Sachet by africandollar: 5:41am On Dec 01, 2016
mu2sa2:
See ignorance! What u see on the packaging of Peak is 400g, because the milk powder is sold by weight. Tell me where garri is sold by weight in 'kongo'. Mr man accept correction instead of resorting to insults.

Ignorance you say? I am not sure if you studied physics in high school (maybe you got an F) but hopefully you remember that; density = mass/volume right? Now pay attention, the density of powdered milk is a constant which is 449kg/m3 now isolating the formula for Volume = Mass/449kg/m3 makes it obvious that a change in volume equals a change in mass since the density is constant.

Now let's go back to your first argument that 'The only way you can conclude reduction in volume is by weighing the milk' where does that leave you now cry? How would measuring different volumes of the same material (same density) give you the same mass?

Don't confuse yourself Bro, you are the one that should take to correction and stop being a disgrace to science.
Re: Reduction In Volume Of Peak Milk 400g Refill Sachet by mu2sa2: 10:32am On Dec 01, 2016
africandollar:

Ignorance you say? I am not sure if you studied physics in high school (maybe you got an F) but hopefully you remember that; density = mass/volume right? Now pay attention, the density of powdered milk is a constant which is 449kg/m3 now isolating the formula for Volume = Mass/449kg/m3 makes it obvious that a change in volume equals a change in mass since the density is constant.

Now let's go back to your first argument that 'The only way you can conclude reduction in volume is by weighing the milk' where does that leave you now cry? How would measuring different volumes of the same material (same density) give you the same mass?

Don't confuse yourself Bro, you are the one that should take to correction and stop being a disgrace to science.
The point i'm making is, you can only know with certainty that a quantity of powder milk is 400g by weighing it. Simple. Even a primary school pupil should know this. Visual estimation is inaccurate. You pour milk from satchet into a tin and conclude by just looking at the level that the milk isn't 400g! Haba, your physics must be rusty- infact, it isn't physics!
Re: Reduction In Volume Of Peak Milk 400g Refill Sachet by africandollar: 10:50am On Dec 01, 2016
mu2sa2:
The point i'm making is, you can only know with certainty that a quantity of powder milk is 400g by weighing it. Simple. Even a primary school pupil should know this.

You just don't get it do you? I guess some things are too advanced for you to understand. Having proved my own side of the argument with a clearly stated universal equation you still refuse to receive sense?! I guess common sense is not that common after all. Your only way out now is to disprove the equation: Density = Mass/Volume or shut up.
Re: Reduction In Volume Of Peak Milk 400g Refill Sachet by mu2sa2: 12:14pm On Dec 01, 2016
africandollar:

You just don't get it do you? I guess some things are too advanced for you to understand. Having proved my own side of the argument with a clearly stated universal equation you still refuse to receive sense?! I guess common sense is not that common after all. Your only way out now is to disprove the equation: Density = Mass/Volume or shut up.
Your so-called universal equation doesn't and cannot disprove my point. And pls stop spreading ignorance.
Re: Reduction In Volume Of Peak Milk 400g Refill Sachet by africandollar: 1:23pm On Dec 01, 2016
mu2sa2:
Your so-called universal equation doesn't and cannot disprove my point. And pls stop spreading ignorance.

...says the village chief.
Re: Reduction In Volume Of Peak Milk 400g Refill Sachet by Nobody: 4:14pm On Dec 01, 2016
useless bluechip company embarassed embarassed

(1) (Reply)

Ice Cream Cake / Location Of Nigerian Restaurant In Altanta,georgia / Happy New Month- 3 Course Meal Recipes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.