Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,917 members, 7,806,667 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:25 PM

Am I The Only One Who Has The Ability To Silent Background Noise?? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Am I The Only One Who Has The Ability To Silent Background Noise?? (596 Views)

When To Be Silent In 20 Situations / Pastor Tony Rapu On Plastic Surgery: 'The Bible Is Silent About It' / Christmas Carol Song "Silent Night" Celebrates 200 Years Anniversary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am I The Only One Who Has The Ability To Silent Background Noise?? by Tonyosas101(m): 11:00am On Nov 30, 2016
I can't really remember how I got such ability but I remember vividly how I silent background noises in my class way back in 2011,,I was so hungry and tired that day, everything got worse when I was trying to concentrate on the article I was asked to write but the noise in the background kept distracting me,,, I don't know what came over me, I closed my eyes tightly and the noise was gone totally, i open my eyes and noticed my classmates were still rumbling and talking but I wasn't hearing them,,,I became scared (thinking I've gone deaf), then I held my nose tightly to block air from coming in and out, I try to force air out of my ear and miraculously, I could hear again,,,
That same day during closing, I tried to eXperience same event again due to the noise coming from schoolmates in assembly ground,, I closed my eyes tightly and said "holy spirit! Come into me and fill me with your spirit", before I knew it, everywhere became quiet, then, I started praying even without prayer point coming from the assembly prefect, someone had to tap me behind before I noticed everyone was starring at me... The following day, the school proprietor sent for me and we discussed about what happened the previous day during closing assembly,,,I told him exactly what happened and he said "you've been chosen", he quote some Bible verse and all that preaching,,, so from that day, bible became my daily food, I was able to exercise that spirit of quietness,,,

Fast-forward to 2013,
The bible and the big pastors around gave me reasons to doubt the existence of God, I tried to sink in by reading the Bible on my own without reference from any book... I came to realized that I've been really scammed.. I approached a senior pastor with many questions, he couldn't answer my questions but kept referring me to this verse and that verse of the bible!!
That was how I push religion aside and focus on other things,,, but I am still able to silent background noise, I once visit a factory early 2015 and tried to silent the loud sound of the machine working, its worked but the vibration was Killing me (I was able to silent the noise),,, ever since 2011, I've been able to silent background noise, i tried it this morning while taking my bath, I wasn't hearing the sound of the water but I felt water touching my skin

Do you guys think it's spiritual or some kind of gift?
Am I the only one in this?

Pardon my typos
Re: Am I The Only One Who Has The Ability To Silent Background Noise?? by delishpot: 11:05am On Nov 30, 2016
Since you can only silence it in your head, I wouldn't call it anything. Just an amazing possibility that you can make yourself experience. When you can recreate it for another person to experience, then I call it a unique gift.
Re: Am I The Only One Who Has The Ability To Silent Background Noise?? by Tonyosas101(m): 11:15am On Nov 30, 2016
delishpot:
Since you can only silence it in your head, I wouldn't call it anything. Just an amazing possibility that you can make yourself experience. When you can recreate it for another person to experience, then I call it a unique gift.
Yeah, I consulted an otolaryngologists (ENT) few months ago in Festac Lagos,, he was just laughing and later gave me an address to visit a professional ENT in Abuja,,,,
Meaning he doesn't have the right machine to check the possibility
Re: Am I The Only One Who Has The Ability To Silent Background Noise?? by delishpot: 11:20am On Nov 30, 2016
Tonyosas101:

Yeah, I consulted an otolaryngologists (ENT) few months ago in Festac Lagos,, he was just laughing and later gave me an address to visit a professional ENT in Abuja,,,,
Meaning he doesn't have the right machine to check the possibility

Since you have to swallow to hear again, I would say you somehow changed pressure in your head which caused the seeming silence. Just like it happens when one is in a plane on high altitude. Then swallowing helps clear the fluid causing you to hear well again. What I do not understand is, closing the nose and pumping air tbrough the ears should cause it to "block" not open. Swallowing and sometimes yawning should triger the re opening. Not a medical doctor, just trying to see the scientific possibility in a lay mans eyes
Re: Am I The Only One Who Has The Ability To Silent Background Noise?? by Tonyosas101(m): 11:54am On Nov 30, 2016
delishpot:

Since you have to swallow to hear again, I would say you somehow changed pressure in your head which caused the seeming silence. Just like it happens when one is in a plane on high altitude. Then swallowing helps clear the fluid causing you to hear well again. What I do not understand is, closing the nose and pumping air tbrough the ears should cause it to "block" not open. Swallowing and sometimes yawning should triger the re opening . Not a medical doctor, just trying to see the scientific possibility in a lay mans eyes
I get your point but it worked out for me that day because I was kinda trapped,,, that was the only thing I could think of

(1) (Reply)

Gradual Steps That Makes A Beleiver Turn Atheist, / El-rufai Is The Mastermind Of Spurious Allegations Against Me – Apostle Suleman / BREAKING: Rccg’s Assistant GO Dies Nine Months Into Tenure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.