Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,813 members, 7,802,617 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:25 PM

Senate To Halt Hike Of Data Price - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Senate To Halt Hike Of Data Price (20501 Views)

Data Price To Drop By 60% by 2025, Says Pantami / Isa Ali-Pantami Extends Deadline On Reduction Of Data Price / NCC: Why We Reversed Plans To Hike Data Price (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senate To Halt Hike Of Data Price by Nobody: 11:52am On Nov 30, 2016
Good News!!!

Senate just halted the proposed hike in tarrif and data plans.

#WatchingLiveOnNTA

Deputy Senate Leader Ibn N'Allah raises a motion on the increase in data tariffs by the telecomms. over policies of the
Senators in all totality condemned the increase of data Tariffs by the service providers in tandem with @NgComCommission
Senate now resolves to halt the new tariff approval.

Senate mandates #CtteeCommunications to carry out through oversight on the process to ensure that Nigerians are carried along in the process
Senate also mandates #CtteeCommunications to ensure that Nigerians are not short changed.
at this time without any consultation from the statistics it is almost four times the price"

"It is very important that we protect the people that brought us here this is the height of irresponsibility by @NgComCommission....

Senate further mandates the #CtteeCommunications to investigate the allegations of failure of the service providers.

https://twitter.com/NGRSenate/status/803913059861495808

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Senate To Halt Hike Of Data Price by Nobody: 11:54am On Nov 30, 2016
CC: Lalasticlala, Seun

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Senate To Halt Hike Of Data Price by airminem(f): 11:56am On Nov 30, 2016
For the moment....... You know how things works in Nija, they just want to calm the pressure from the citizen for a jiffy.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate To Halt Hike Of Data Price by Nobody: 12:03pm On Nov 30, 2016
airminem:
For the moment....... You know how things works in Nija, they just want to calm the pressure from the citizen for a jiffy.
Those in support of data increase angrily left the house.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate To Halt Hike Of Data Price by dustmalik: 12:05pm On Nov 30, 2016
If true, then good.

1 Like

Re: Senate To Halt Hike Of Data Price by KealDrogo: 12:09pm On Nov 30, 2016
For the first time in Nigeria Senate; this might be the only good thing they have done sad
Kudos to them.

82 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Senate To Halt Hike Of Data Price by dasphinx1(m): 12:09pm On Nov 30, 2016
if true, well done Nigerians!!!!! smiley @phoneplanet, i salute you bro!!!!! wink

9 Likes

Re: Senate To Halt Hike Of Data Price by physise(m): 12:10pm On Nov 30, 2016
cool

1 Like

Re: Senate To Halt Hike Of Data Price by papoose999(m): 12:25pm On Nov 30, 2016
Re: Senate To Halt Hike Of Data Price by Acos925(m): 12:26pm On Nov 30, 2016
Sincerely....for the very 1st time. senate actually impressed naija on this one

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Senate To Halt Hike Of Data Price by GJames(m): 12:26pm On Nov 30, 2016
NCC has no excuse for giving that order. If senate does this, they have my love for one month.

56 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Senate To Halt Hike Of Data Price by richidinho(m): 12:26pm On Nov 30, 2016
They shld invite that Alfa to the chambers with immediate alacrity

No time to check time sef, it's 12pm already grin

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senate To Halt Hike Of Data Price by whirlwind7(m): 12:26pm On Nov 30, 2016
That ancient relic they made a minister of communication...the dinosaur claimed he wasn't aware of NCC giving the directive to telecoms companies to increase data tariffs.

That has been the hallmark of Buhari's government: outright and shamelessly lying its way out of its responsibilities.

The only people who aren't tired of Nigeria's non existing government by now are the ones in the mortuary and six feet under.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate To Halt Hike Of Data Price by Neroanna(f): 12:26pm On Nov 30, 2016
Wayo ppl

2 Likes

Re: Senate To Halt Hike Of Data Price by OMOTOWO(m): 12:26pm On Nov 30, 2016
Awon eeyan seun egbegbe...

13 Likes

Re: Senate To Halt Hike Of Data Price by Nobody: 12:26pm On Nov 30, 2016
Sekem grin

Make I change back from Edge to 3G cheesygrin

22 Likes

Re: Senate To Halt Hike Of Data Price by M17CXi: 12:26pm On Nov 30, 2016
Hurray!!!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senate To Halt Hike Of Data Price by kings09(m): 12:27pm On Nov 30, 2016
Na now dem wake . Useless senate. Buhari beta not dream of 2019, he has lost it alredy.

9 Likes

Re: Senate To Halt Hike Of Data Price by Nobody: 12:27pm On Nov 30, 2016
Na so.

If this is the only thing that this Senate will achieve, we will give them 40%.

This move by FG goes to show that they are feeling the heat of the masses on social media, we no go keep quiet.

The same social media that brought them to power is the same that will bury them.

Awon smellos oshi.

36 Likes

Re: Senate To Halt Hike Of Data Price by ephi123(f): 12:27pm On Nov 30, 2016
Wasn't this how they halted the proposed borrowing but later even increased the amount? undecided

Nigerians, don't be fooled by this!

5 Likes

Re: Senate To Halt Hike Of Data Price by TVTKOKO(m): 12:27pm On Nov 30, 2016
FOR THOSE OF UNA WEY DUN GO BUY DATA TILL JESUS COME BACK tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue grin grin grin

INSTEAD OF US TO JOIN HANDS TO FIND SOLUTION,, SOME BILL GATES CHILDREN RUN GO BUY DATA cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senate To Halt Hike Of Data Price by louiskay(m): 12:27pm On Nov 30, 2016
#Trend_me_pls. #FROM_A_CONCERNED_FELLOW . Half a decade ago, first world countries started enjoying and utilizing the benefits of a fast internet speed through different inventive means like free WiFi, Ultra swift 4G network, and super fast 3G services. To solidify the above, I watched a foreign movie produced in 2011 and one of the actors was undergoing an investigation... What left me awed was how the investigator flips through Internet pages like someone going through a motion fashion magazine. To some reasonable distance, I had a near first hand experience of how internet users enjoy and how internet usage works and looks like in Europe. The truth of the matter is that Europe, America and even the Oily Arab gulf are progressing through free, fast and subsidized internet usage. African and Africans with the exception of one, are in retrogression, for several internal external, seeable and invincible forces. labelling a whole continent third world takes little or no effort. The reasons are glaring and staring to all within and outside the continent, because we are extreme and behind in anything termed "Sterling". The above insight is pertinent because, its shows that the use of internet drives development, invention and innovation. Nigeria, the largest country in West Africa is seriously lacking behind in the development of Internet, communication and technology. Thus as well, has being stated and observed above, impedes development, innovation and astute infrastructure. The current directives of The Nigerian Communication Commission (NCC) to increase the price of data by service providers for above 50% which other countries enjoy for free, is a move to critically pour sea salts on the injuries of most recessed Nigerians and to as well, rebury to 12 feet, the 6feet buried internet speed, usage and patronage in Nigeria. # A_revolutionary_realist # LOUIS

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Senate To Halt Hike Of Data Price by Moreoffaith(m): 12:27pm On Nov 30, 2016
Congrats to the internet warriors.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senate To Halt Hike Of Data Price by Segadem(m): 12:27pm On Nov 30, 2016
abeg, this news is not detailed angry

2 Likes

Re: Senate To Halt Hike Of Data Price by Consultville(m): 12:27pm On Nov 30, 2016
Now the Senate is living up to its responsibilities

1 Like

Re: Senate To Halt Hike Of Data Price by jeeqaa7(m): 12:27pm On Nov 30, 2016
Heres the logic

the whole rise in tarriff was to increase sales
check out 1/2 of total data consumers have purchased data to last till at least March 2017
some have bought outrageous amount of gigabytes so that as month end approaches ... dey buy validity period rather than data (eg ...me )
telecoms would amass loads of funds that would be used as end of the year kickbacks ..(some pple understand what i mean)

so either way .. whether they increase or not .... they have achieved part if not all of their plan ...

but then can nigerians cry about corruption as they did about data? because truth be told ... it took Nigerians reaction all over the various media platforms for the senate to sit up , take note and act

very reactive senate i must say...
we need a pro-active senate more than a reactive one ... #2019minded

i case my rest..

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate To Halt Hike Of Data Price by LilSmith55(m): 12:28pm On Nov 30, 2016
useless set of people
Re: Senate To Halt Hike Of Data Price by QuietHammer(m): 12:28pm On Nov 30, 2016
Good. Now imagine we speaking against all other policies that do not favour us in one accord just as we have done with this data price increase issues

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Senate To Halt Hike Of Data Price by Nobody: 12:28pm On Nov 30, 2016
awon werey , well at least the senate still have sympathy on mass unlike bubu

4 Likes

Re: Senate To Halt Hike Of Data Price by Bashirfuntua(m): 12:28pm On Nov 30, 2016
for the main time
Re: Senate To Halt Hike Of Data Price by Kenth3433(m): 12:28pm On Nov 30, 2016
Let me buy land... Waiting for they you've be scammed by the senate trend

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

On A Budget Of 105k, Which Smart Phone Can One Buy? / How To Root And Install Cwm On Lenovo K3 Note / My Phone Has Been Locked! By A Virus!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 1
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.