Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,540 members, 7,808,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:41 PM

3 Nigerian Women To Participate At The Winter Olympics For First Time Ever - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 3 Nigerian Women To Participate At The Winter Olympics For First Time Ever (26408 Views)

3 Nigerian Footballers Who Have Lost Important Goals When Super Eagles Needed It / The Nigerian Bobsled & Skeleton Team At Winter Olympics Opening Event (Photos) / Meet The 3 Nigerian Taking Nigeria To The Winter Olympics For The First Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

3 Nigerian Women To Participate At The Winter Olympics For First Time Ever by GurlFriend: 11:58am On Nov 30, 2016
When we hear 'Winter', what comes to mind are snow and ice. Nigeria is a tropical country, which means this place is HOT (as most of us living here can testify), so it is therefore a surprise that three brave women want to put the country on the map by being the first representatives at the Winter Olympic Games come 2018...in Bobsled.

Seun Adigun, Ngozi Onwumere and Akuoma Omeoga, all based in the USA are determined to add Nigeria to that exclusive list of African countries – which include Ghana, Kenya and Zimbabwe.

According to Konbini.com, Seun Adigun, who refers to the project as her ‘gift to Nigeria’, said:

The success of this bobsled team will positively affect millions of people all over the world and will represent monumental international advancements in social, athletic, and economic statuses.

Together, we can demonstrate that nothing is impossible with a little faith, support and willingness to persevere.

The three athletes have started a GoFundMe campaign to raise $150,000 (around N70 million) to create awareness around the historical feat they are set to accomplish.

http://www.lailasblog.com/2016/11/meet-3-nigerian-amazons-taking-nigeria.html

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Nigerian Women To Participate At The Winter Olympics For First Time Ever by Iamvictor(m): 11:59am On Nov 30, 2016
The ladies are beautiful... I wish them best of luck with getting the funds and the tournament...
#FTC

I dedicate this to all internet users in Nigeria may you always have enough data to keep you out of boredom and frustration.

11 Likes

Re: 3 Nigerian Women To Participate At The Winter Olympics For First Time Ever by afanide: 12:08pm On Nov 30, 2016
Nice one....
It's good they didnt choose to represent US cheesy

21 Likes

Re: 3 Nigerian Women To Participate At The Winter Olympics For First Time Ever by jejemanito: 2:32pm On Nov 30, 2016
smiley

1 Like

Re: 3 Nigerian Women To Participate At The Winter Olympics For First Time Ever by Darkseid(m): 2:32pm On Nov 30, 2016
I just hope they don't come back wailing if the federal government decides to pay them 20k each after everything.

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 3 Nigerian Women To Participate At The Winter Olympics For First Time Ever by registration(m): 2:33pm On Nov 30, 2016
Oh cool
Re: 3 Nigerian Women To Participate At The Winter Olympics For First Time Ever by sunnyside16(m): 2:33pm On Nov 30, 2016
This is awesome. Hope govt will give them the necessary support unlike what happens to female sport representatives in Nigeria.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Nigerian Women To Participate At The Winter Olympics For First Time Ever by ItsawrapOutfit: 2:33pm On Nov 30, 2016
70 million naira? I want to represent Nigeria too so Ladies, send me the application form grin grin

5 Likes

Re: 3 Nigerian Women To Participate At The Winter Olympics For First Time Ever by sod09(m): 2:33pm On Nov 30, 2016
Money ni koko
Butch better have my money
Pay me Wat u own me!!!!
Re: 3 Nigerian Women To Participate At The Winter Olympics For First Time Ever by jejemanito: 2:33pm On Nov 30, 2016
sunnyside16:
This is awesome. Hope govt will give them the necessary support unlike what happens to female sport representatives in Nigeria.
"The three athletes have started a GoFundMe campaign to raise $150,000 (around N70 million) to create awareness around the historical feat they are set to accomplish."

3 Likes

Re: 3 Nigerian Women To Participate At The Winter Olympics For First Time Ever by initialize(m): 2:34pm On Nov 30, 2016
Fine girls...
Re: 3 Nigerian Women To Participate At The Winter Olympics For First Time Ever by Tonyreal49(m): 2:34pm On Nov 30, 2016
see this fine babes
Re: 3 Nigerian Women To Participate At The Winter Olympics For First Time Ever by Iscoalarcon: 2:34pm On Nov 30, 2016
$170,000 (70,000,000) shocked chaiii someone should explain to me how this go fund me works I also need that huge some of money for my school fees
cool

3 Likes

Re: 3 Nigerian Women To Participate At The Winter Olympics For First Time Ever by robosky02(m): 2:34pm On Nov 30, 2016
very soon we will have harmatan Olympics grin

7 Likes

Re: 3 Nigerian Women To Participate At The Winter Olympics For First Time Ever by sukkottt: 2:35pm On Nov 30, 2016
fine gehs
Re: 3 Nigerian Women To Participate At The Winter Olympics For First Time Ever by Nobody: 2:35pm On Nov 30, 2016
Wow
Re: 3 Nigerian Women To Participate At The Winter Olympics For First Time Ever by davibid: 2:35pm On Nov 30, 2016
Remembering that Jamaican film

grin

#GoodLuckSha

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Nigerian Women To Participate At The Winter Olympics For First Time Ever by ujezeez(m): 2:36pm On Nov 30, 2016
Pretty damsels...

1 Like

Re: 3 Nigerian Women To Participate At The Winter Olympics For First Time Ever by lyterydim(m): 2:36pm On Nov 30, 2016
Am a proud Nigerian,but I hope you guys won't regret not representing u.s.a,because it get as things be for this ,change, administrations..

Good luck to you guys.

Love from southafrica kiss
Re: 3 Nigerian Women To Participate At The Winter Olympics For First Time Ever by Demmzy15(m): 2:36pm On Nov 30, 2016
Yoruba and Ibo ladies representing Nigeria, this what we need. Instead of bashing ourselves and calling for unreasonable secessions.

Make no ipod yoot quote me o!

20 Likes

Re: 3 Nigerian Women To Participate At The Winter Olympics For First Time Ever by egopersonified(f): 2:37pm On Nov 30, 2016
Thank God you are not relying on Nigeria's 30k

3 Likes

Re: 3 Nigerian Women To Participate At The Winter Olympics For First Time Ever by lonngmann(m): 2:37pm On Nov 30, 2016
Re: 3 Nigerian Women To Participate At The Winter Olympics For First Time Ever by Exodus2k(m): 2:38pm On Nov 30, 2016
Good citizens of naija. As you choose to fly Nigerian flag,
May God grant them victory. shocked shocked

3 Likes

Re: 3 Nigerian Women To Participate At The Winter Olympics For First Time Ever by Nobody: 2:38pm On Nov 30, 2016
1-2 grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Nigerian Women To Participate At The Winter Olympics For First Time Ever by AngryNigerian(m): 2:38pm On Nov 30, 2016
Izit because this is not pinshure of naked girls, or big snake, or Chidimma & the cucumber, or worse still dead pple that no-one wants to say anything? Even common "good luck, lovely girls"? Okay oo

2 Likes

Re: 3 Nigerian Women To Participate At The Winter Olympics For First Time Ever by Icecomrade: 2:38pm On Nov 30, 2016
They are really cute
Re: 3 Nigerian Women To Participate At The Winter Olympics For First Time Ever by Nobody: 2:38pm On Nov 30, 2016
But we don't have snow in Nigeria....
Re: 3 Nigerian Women To Participate At The Winter Olympics For First Time Ever by Enyimbamercedes: 2:39pm On Nov 30, 2016
davibid:
Remembering that Jamaican film

grin

#GoodLuckSha

Cool Runnings smiley

4 Likes

Re: 3 Nigerian Women To Participate At The Winter Olympics For First Time Ever by Greenbullet(m): 2:40pm On Nov 30, 2016
cutiepie24:
ur fada bastard scammer.
Re: 3 Nigerian Women To Participate At The Winter Olympics For First Time Ever by Nobody: 2:40pm On Nov 30, 2016
I dont understand

[size=40pt]Do they need only hot girls in Bobsled? shocked shocked shocked[/size]
[size=30pt]Adongerrit[/size]

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Special Moments Of Champions League Finals Yesterday Night In Photos / The Golden Age Of Nigerian Athletics - Videos, Pictures And Memories. / Peter Okoye Sets Up A Football Management Agency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.