Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,094 members, 7,807,269 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:47 AM

My 7 Weeks Noilers On The Way To 1.8kg In 11 Weeks (pics) - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My 7 Weeks Noilers On The Way To 1.8kg In 11 Weeks (pics) (7774 Views)

Production Of 4-6weeks Noilers / I Need 3-4 Weeks Noilers In Ibadan / my backyard poultry-broilers noilers turkeys (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My 7 Weeks Noilers On The Way To 1.8kg In 11 Weeks (pics) by kayo80(m): 5:02pm On Nov 30, 2016
Noilers can never be compared with Broilers; Broilers grow faster, and they attain heavier weight than Noilers, but Noilers don't do so badly either. If you feed them well, they can attain 2kg and above in 12 weeks. I think that is not as good as Broilers, but way better than cockerels.

On the 5th of September, I bought mh first set of 50 Noilers from Amo Hatchery in Oyo, Oyo state. And then on the 10th of October, I bought a second batch of 50. I made a lot of mistake with the first batch, but it seems this second batch is doing really good. They are very active, and eating ferociously. Right now, my mission is to feed them very well so that by the 26th of December (Boxing Day), they would have attained 1.8kg, and I would sell most of them off by New Year.

Let me point out that I am not sure all of them would attain my weight target (the females grow slower), but I am sure at least 70% of them would weigh 1.8kg by Boxing Day. I don't have a scale right now, but I would get one next week. Checkout their pictures below. I will keep updating this thread till I hit my goal. It would be more interesting when I get the scale next week.

1 Like

Re: My 7 Weeks Noilers On The Way To 1.8kg In 11 Weeks (pics) by kayo80(m): 5:03pm On Nov 30, 2016
More pics...

Re: My 7 Weeks Noilers On The Way To 1.8kg In 11 Weeks (pics) by mhiztaNexy(m): 5:07pm On Nov 30, 2016
agbeloba
Re: My 7 Weeks Noilers On The Way To 1.8kg In 11 Weeks (pics) by mhiztaNexy(m): 5:10pm On Nov 30, 2016
but don't you think they are jam packed or is it the way you snapped it? more space is beneficial to reduce stress n aid growth.

1 Like

Re: My 7 Weeks Noilers On The Way To 1.8kg In 11 Weeks (pics) by kayo80(m): 5:16pm On Nov 30, 2016
mhiztaNexy:
but don't you think they are jam packed or is it the way you snapped it? more space is beneficial to reduce stress n aid growth.

Don't mind them. Those chickens can fear for AFRICA. They all ran and cramped up at one end when I wanted to take the pictures. I read that they were made to fear like that so that they wouldn't be easily stolen if they were on free range. There is space for them to move around in the cage though. And I am transferring them to a bigger cage next week. Thanks for the concern.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My 7 Weeks Noilers On The Way To 1.8kg In 11 Weeks (pics) by kayo80(m): 5:17pm On Nov 30, 2016
More pics...

Re: My 7 Weeks Noilers On The Way To 1.8kg In 11 Weeks (pics) by mhiztaNexy(m): 5:32pm On Nov 30, 2016
kayo80:

Don't mind them. Those chickens can fear for AFRICA. They all ran and cramped up at one end when I wanted to take the pictures. I read that they were made to fear like that so that they wouldn't be easily stolen if they were on free range. There is space for them to move around in the cage though. And I am transferring them to a bigger cage next week. Thanks for the concern.
ok bruh. big on!

1 Like

Re: My 7 Weeks Noilers On The Way To 1.8kg In 11 Weeks (pics) by princetom1(m): 10:06am On Dec 01, 2016
See as them dey roam about, na them get house sha cheesy

1 Like

Re: My 7 Weeks Noilers On The Way To 1.8kg In 11 Weeks (pics) by princetom1(m): 10:10am On Dec 01, 2016
Everyone is turning to agriculture with the little spaces we have now, i find it quite encoraging and cool. My only issue is, they are still costly as damn. I can buy a full frozen chicken (not healthy), from d market for around 1000 but Nigeria version will be around 2500 naira, it saddens me, no way we can reduce d cost bcoz everything is costly, from feeds, to electricity, cage, treatment and so on. Let me stop here today

1 Like

Re: My 7 Weeks Noilers On The Way To 1.8kg In 11 Weeks (pics) by obstead200(m): 2:43pm On Dec 01, 2016
princetom1:
Everyone is turning to agriculture with the little spaces we have now, i find it quite encoraging and cool. My only issue is, they are still costly as damn. I can buy a full frozen chicken (not healthy), from d market for around 1000 but Nigeria version will be around 2500 naira, it saddens me, no way we can reduce d cost bcoz everything is costly, from feeds, to electricity, cage, treatment and so on. Let me stop here today
u can probably buy old layers (the nigerian version so called 1000 frozen chicken u bought) for around 1300.
just check around
Re: My 7 Weeks Noilers On The Way To 1.8kg In 11 Weeks (pics) by princetom1(m): 2:46pm On Dec 01, 2016
obstead200:

u can probably buy old layers (the nigerian version so called 1000 frozen chicken u bought) for around 1300.
just check around

Where can someone get old layer for 1300? I never see any in my life o. Check prices again pls or u selling?
Re: My 7 Weeks Noilers On The Way To 1.8kg In 11 Weeks (pics) by kayo80(m): 3:36pm On Dec 01, 2016
princetom1:
See as them dey roam about, na them get house sha cheesy

lol! I brought these ones inside the house to take a better picture of them.
Re: My 7 Weeks Noilers On The Way To 1.8kg In 11 Weeks (pics) by kayo80(m): 3:40pm On Dec 01, 2016
princetom1:

Where can someone get old layer for 1300? I never see any in my life o. Check prices again pls or u selling?

In Bodija market in Ibadan, it is sold for between 1,300-1,500
Re: My 7 Weeks Noilers On The Way To 1.8kg In 11 Weeks (pics) by princetom1(m): 3:58pm On Dec 01, 2016
kayo80:

In Bodija market in Ibadan, it is sold for between 1,300-1,500

Ok, will try and confirm on my next visit to Ibadan

1 Like

Re: My 7 Weeks Noilers On The Way To 1.8kg In 11 Weeks (pics) by Nobody: 9:39pm On Dec 01, 2016
What feed are you currently using?
Hybrid or Vitalfeed?
Starter or Finisher or Grower?

My noilers consume vitalfeed more than hybrid. I gave them some left over vitalfeed today and they all left the hybrid feed till the vitalfeed was finished.

I discover after adding roasted soybeans, they ate more of the hybrid grower meal.
Re: My 7 Weeks Noilers On The Way To 1.8kg In 11 Weeks (pics) by kayo80(m): 9:48pm On Dec 01, 2016
EMMAACHILE:
Hybrid or Vitalfeed?

My noilers consume vitalfeed more than hybrid. I gave them some left over vitalfeed today and they all left the hybrid feed till the vitalfeed was finished.

I discover after adding roasted soybeans, they ate more of the hybrid grower meal.

No Vital Feed in my area in ibadan... I currently giving them Top Feeds Grower, but I will start giving them Top Feeds Finisher next week.
Re: My 7 Weeks Noilers On The Way To 1.8kg In 11 Weeks (pics) by Nobody: 10:05pm On Dec 01, 2016
kayo80:

No Vital Feed in my area in ibadan... I currently giving them Top Feeds Grower, but I will start giving them Top Feeds Finisher next week.
Check the sack, what is the crude protein percent?
I discover mine were loosing their feathers though they will be five weeks tomorrow and I suspect insufficient protein.
Re: My 7 Weeks Noilers On The Way To 1.8kg In 11 Weeks (pics) by Nobody: 10:10pm On Dec 01, 2016
I added 2kg soyabeans to my remaining 12kg hybrid grower feed yesterday pushing the crude protein level to 20%

Hope to watch them over the next few days to see the difference.

I will be switching to broiler finisher in the coming weeks or use 30% vitalfeed/hybrid broiler finisher concentrate with maize.
Re: My 7 Weeks Noilers On The Way To 1.8kg In 11 Weeks (pics) by kayo80(m): 10:14pm On Dec 01, 2016
EMMAACHILE:

Check the sack, what is the crude protein percent?
I discover mine were loosing their feathers though they will be five weeks tomorrow and I suspect insufficient protein.

Okay, I will do that tomorrow.
Re: My 7 Weeks Noilers On The Way To 1.8kg In 11 Weeks (pics) by kayo80(m): 10:19pm On Dec 01, 2016
About loosing feathers, I notice mine loose feathers too cos there is always feathers all over their cage... But they are still well covered.
Re: My 7 Weeks Noilers On The Way To 1.8kg In 11 Weeks (pics) by Nobody: 10:27pm On Dec 01, 2016
kayo80:
About loosing feathers, I notice mine loose feathers too cos there is always feathers all over their cage... But they are still well covered.
OK. Maybe it's a gene thing

1 Like

Re: My 7 Weeks Noilers On The Way To 1.8kg In 11 Weeks (pics) by kayo80(m): 10:38pm On Dec 01, 2016
EMMAACHILE:

OK. Maybe it's a gene thing

Yea
Re: My 7 Weeks Noilers On The Way To 1.8kg In 11 Weeks (pics) by princetom1(m): 2:11pm On Dec 02, 2016
Wen Nigerians says government is not helping to drive agriculture, its 99% true. U guys shouldn't be dealing with these issues, there should had been readily available knowledge about all the agro farming. Its not the shouts on TV, but research, hybrids, seeds, information, readily at our finger tips. There should be encouragement to grow anything growable in our compounds and veranda. Some people dont even know they can grow tomatoes at home inside a bucket and so on, most of these things takes little to no effort and its fun. I remembered keeping fowl some years back, u have to see the smiles on my face rearing those cute little birds. There should be information, solutions and so on. Not wasting money on TV campaign that's just a propaganda

EMMAACHILE:
Hybrid or Vitalfeed?

kayo80:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My 7 Weeks Noilers On The Way To 1.8kg In 11 Weeks (pics) by Nobody: 2:38pm On Dec 02, 2016
princetom1:
Wen Nigerians says government is not helping to drive agriculture, its 99% true. U guys shouldn't be dealing with these issues, there should had been readily available knowledge about all the agro farming. Its not the shouts on TV, but research, hybrids, seeds, information, readily at our finger tips. There should be encouragement to grow anything growable in our compounds and veranda. Some people dont even know they can grow tomatoes at home inside a bucket and so on, most of these things takes little to no effort and its fun. I remembered keeping fowl some years back, u have to see the smiles on my face rearing those cute little birds. There should be information, solutions and so on. Not wasting money on TV campaign that's just a propaganda.
True talk. Very little information available to the public and the government seem ignorant of many things to make the citizenry better.
Re: My 7 Weeks Noilers On The Way To 1.8kg In 11 Weeks (pics) by kayo80(m): 2:50pm On Dec 02, 2016
princetom1:
Wen Nigerians says government is not helping to drive agriculture, its 99% true. U guys shouldn't be dealing with these issues, there should had been readily available knowledge about all the agro farming. Its not the shouts on TV, but research, hybrids, seeds, information, readily at our finger tips. There should be encouragement to grow anything growable in our compounds and veranda. Some people dont even know they can grow tomatoes at home inside a bucket and so on, most of these things takes little to no effort and its fun. I remembered keeping fowl some years back, u have to see the smiles on my face rearing those cute little birds. There should be information, solutions and so on. Not wasting money on TV campaign that's just a propaganda

Rearing chickens sure puts a smile on my face.

I don't really care about government. As long as they are not restricting me in any way from rearing the chickens, I am good. I went to sell some of my chickens at Bodija market today and even though the profit on it was not much, the fact that the market women gave me cash and they demanded for more made the realize that there is a huge market for live chicken out there. I sold just 15 and they said if I had up to 50 I should go and bring it sharply that they were ready to buy. While I was there, one man even called her asking for a certain number of chickens which she could not meet (she could not meet his demand).

Now I have to look for a way to reduce cost on rearing chickens and expand.

1 Like

Re: My 7 Weeks Noilers On The Way To 1.8kg In 11 Weeks (pics) by princetom1(m): 3:28pm On Dec 02, 2016
kayo80:

Rearing chickens sure puts a smile on my face.

I don't really care about government. As long as they are not restricting me in any way from rearing the chickens, I am good. I went to sell some of my chickens at Bodija market today and even though the profit on it was not much, the fact that the market women gave me cash and they demanded for more made the realize that there is a huge market for live chicken out there. I sold just 15 and they said if I had up to 50 I should go and bring it sharply that they were ready to buy. While I was there, one man even called her asking for a certain number of chickens which she could not meet (she could not meet his demand).

Now I have to look for a way to reduce cost on rearing chickens and expand.

I like your spirit. I don't have qualms with anyone, i just hope the knowledge and info becomes readily available. Not everyone is smart as u. Knowledge is power.
Re: My 7 Weeks Noilers On The Way To 1.8kg In 11 Weeks (pics) by princetom1(m): 3:41pm On Dec 02, 2016
EMMAACHILE:

True talk. Very little information available to the public and the government seem ignorant of many things to make the citizenry better.

I look forward to someday, i will ask for frozen chicken and made in Nigeria chicken is what will be available. I believe we will get there someday if this current drive to produce foods locally is sustain, i wanna be part of this drive., i know u guys is part of it already

3 Likes

Re: My 7 Weeks Noilers On The Way To 1.8kg In 11 Weeks (pics) by kayo80(m): 9:34am On Dec 26, 2016
Yippee! I made it. They are 11 weeks today, and the biggest one of them is 1.9kg. The only downside is that the females are still small...weighing just about 1.3kg averagely. If they could make it that you could buy females separately, and males separately, Noilers would be a great breed.

Most of the male are 1.8 kg and above. I will upload pictures of them on the scale this afternoon. I believe if fed well, Noilers can get to 4kg. Because this ones still looks really small, but when you put them on scale, you will be surprised at their weight. I moved my Noilers to Lagos two days ago, and in my family house, my brother has a Gigantic looking cockerel. The cockerel looked two times the size of my chickens, but when I put it on the scale, it weighed just 2.1kg. Just a few hundred grams heavier than mine.

1 Like

Re: My 7 Weeks Noilers On The Way To 1.8kg In 11 Weeks (pics) by barnabas47: 11:23am On Dec 26, 2016
@op God really used u for me through the xposition of the existence of this chicken breed called NOILER i'v gained a lot frm u i wl take off by july and i'm planning to stock nting less than 200DOC.thanks

1 Like

Re: My 7 Weeks Noilers On The Way To 1.8kg In 11 Weeks (pics) by Nobody: 2:22pm On Dec 26, 2016
barnabas47:
@op God really used u for me through the xposition of the existence of this chicken breed called NOILER i'v gained a lot frm u i wl take off by july and i'm planning to stock nting less than 200DOC.thanks
If you want it for commercial use, then think again. Broilers are the way to go for now because of the cost of feed and the duration needed to run them.

I bought two 13 weeks bta chick broilers from my neighbourhood on Christmas eve and their weight were about 4.8 and 5.2kg.

When undressed, the weight was about 4kg and 4.4kg approximately. Noilers will take donkey weeks to reach that type of size.

Bta (Blessed Tunike Agroallied) farms is not a household name but their chicks mature at 6 weeks with weights over 2kg. The person fed them Top feeds with onions/garlic in their water. Multivitamin was also used to increase their appetite.
Re: My 7 Weeks Noilers On The Way To 1.8kg In 11 Weeks (pics) by Nobody: 2:23pm On Dec 26, 2016
kayo80:
Yippee! I made it. They are 11 weeks today, and the biggest one of them is 1.9kg. The only downside is that the females are still small...weighing just about 1.3kg averagely. If they could make it that you could buy females separately, and males separately, Noilers would be a great breed.

Most of the male are 1.8 kg and above. I will upload pictures of them on the scale this afternoon. I believe if fed well, Noilers can get to 4kg. Because this ones still looks really small, but when you put them on scale, you will be surprised at their weight. I moved my Noilers to Lagos two days ago, and in my family house, my brother has a Gigantic looking cockerel. The cockerel looked two times the size of my chickens, but when I put it on the scale, it weighed just 2.1kg. Just a few hundred grams heavier than mine.
At 8 weeks, I get about 1.6kg on some of my noilers but some are like 800g.

1 Like

Re: My 7 Weeks Noilers On The Way To 1.8kg In 11 Weeks (pics) by Nobody: 2:25pm On Dec 26, 2016
I also noticed that broiler finisher increases the weight when compared to chick mash and grower feed.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Catfish Farming, 2019 / FG Launches Commercial 10% Composite Cassava Flour / Let Talk About Perennial Crops

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.