Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,824 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:27 AM

Why I Omitted Tinubu In My Victory Speech – Akeredolu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Omitted Tinubu In My Victory Speech – Akeredolu (58078 Views)

Dino Melaye And Remi Tinubu In Red & White Dresses At Senate On Valentine's Day / Lagos PDP Lawmakers Who Decamped To APC Visit Tinubu In His Ikoyi Home (Photo) / Evander Holyfield Fights Bola Tinubu In Lagos, Wole Soyinka Is Referee-pm NEWS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Omitted Tinubu In My Victory Speech – Akeredolu by olisasegun(m): 7:34pm On Nov 30, 2016
The Ondo State Governor-elect, Chief Rotimi Akeredolu, on Wednesday said he did not acknowledge a national leader of the All Progressives Congress, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, in his victory speech on Sunday because it was not expedient to do so.

He said having acknowledged President Muhammadu Buhari who is the recognised national leader of the party and the National Chairman, Chief John Odigie-Oyegun, it was safe to infer that he had acknowledged all party leaders.

Akeredolu said this while answering State House correspondents’ questions shortly after he and his deputy, Mr. Agboola Ajayi, met Buhari at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

They were led to the meeting, which was their first after their victory, by the Chairman of the All Progressives Congress Campaign Council in Ondo State, Governor Simon Lalong.

The governor-elect who said the relationship between him and Tinubu was cordial explained that mentioning the name of the former Lagos State Governor specifically would have amounted to him mentioning names of about 37 other leaders of the party.

He said, “On the names that were mentioned in my speech when expressing gratitude and that I didn’t specifically thank Bola Ahmed Tinubu. I thanked the President and the leader of our party profusely for the leadership which he showed leading to this election.

“I also thanked our indefatigable chairman for standing by the truth and for his position on this matter that led to this election. I have no reason to do otherwise.

“Party structure to the best of my knowledge is very clear. You have the leadership of the party and that is represented by Chief John Odigie-Oyegun.

“After the election, a chief executive emerges, he becomes a leader of the party, you don’t have to personalise and be looking for leaders all over the place.

“If we have to do that, then I will have to mention 36 or 37 leaders. So I believe the leadership as represented by the President covers all leaders and that tells me it would include Chief Bola Ahmed Tinubu, it would include even Baba Akande, Onu, and so many leaders.

“But President Buhari is the leader of the party. So, that is my position there.”

Akeredolu however added that Tinubu remains one of the leaders of the party, noting that he has since sent congratulatory message to him after he won the election.

“For me as a person, I believe he is one of the leaders of the party and I don’t see any strain relationship between us. And you would observe that he has sent in his congratulatory message after the election, so what else do you expect?

” I mean all of us see this as victory for the APC, not for Akeredolu, not for us an individual but for the party as a whole. I believe he is a member of the party. Mr. Femi Adesina had issued a release but you journalists just want to put words into our mouths,” he said.

Akeredolu also said despite his decision not to probe the administration of the outgoing governor, Olusegun Mimiko, he would not close his eyes if he stumbled upon any established cases of wrongdoing in the course of carrying out his responsibilities as the governor.

http://punchng.com/omitted-tinubu-victory-speech-akeredolu/

10 Likes

Re: Why I Omitted Tinubu In My Victory Speech – Akeredolu by HungerBAD: 7:35pm On Nov 30, 2016
Chief Rotimi Akeredolu.

It is just too early for you to start this way.

Your explanation is even more of an insult to Tinubu, and those sending you to ridicule him, will leave you out in the cold when it is your time to face the heat.

You are new in Politics, and this is how you want to start?remember there is a reason why Western Politics is called the Wild Wild West Politics, and towing this line will educate you on how that name was gotten.

When Tinubu congratulated you on all National Dailies, he specifically mentioned your name and wished you well. The path you are towing, is exactly why i do not like Lawyers, who for some strange reasons think they are smarter than everybody, with their knack for twisting the English Language.

You refused to mention his name, and as a man own up to it, instead of trying to twist words. Chief Rotimi Akeredolu, if i were you, i will quickly close rank with the Tinubu faction of the APC because as they say, Politics is local.

When the time comes, Oyegun will not leave Benin to come to the West or Buhari the North for you.

414 Likes 58 Shares

Re: Why I Omitted Tinubu In My Victory Speech – Akeredolu by chiwetaluAGU(m): 7:40pm On Nov 30, 2016
grin grin
I love it when politicians bicker!

APC troubles are long way far from being over. This highly unnecessary though angry

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I Omitted Tinubu In My Victory Speech – Akeredolu by SillyMods: 7:43pm On Nov 30, 2016
Tinubu brought this on himself.

He's too overbearing and domineering, which if not put under control will cause him more loss of influence.

Can anyone imagine Tinubu romancing with Fayose just because you lost out in Ondo and a few other places!

Well, those the god wants to destroy, he first makes them mad.

96 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Why I Omitted Tinubu In My Victory Speech – Akeredolu by chiwetaluAGU(m): 7:46pm On Nov 30, 2016
SillyMods:

He's too overbearing and domineering, which if not put under control will cause him more loss of influence.

Can anyone imagine Tinubu romancing with Fayose just because you lost out in Ondo and a few other places!

Well, those the gods want to destroy, he first makes them mad.
Don't take sides unless you are a deep insider, as in, if only you are on ground floor zero of the inner happenings.
Its now obvious Tinubu is intentionally being insulted. I may not like him but this is highly unnecessary and silly of the other camp angry sad

119 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Why I Omitted Tinubu In My Victory Speech – Akeredolu by DozieInc(m): 7:48pm On Nov 30, 2016
He is subtly throwing shades at the Jagaban.

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why I Omitted Tinubu In My Victory Speech – Akeredolu by OZAOEKPE(f): 7:50pm On Nov 30, 2016
"TINUBU IS DEAD POLITICALLY"..... ozaoekpe says so.

Quote me anywhere

88 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Omitted Tinubu In My Victory Speech – Akeredolu by SouthWestBlood(m): 7:51pm On Nov 30, 2016
Akeredolu, 4 years will come and APC will be no more by then. Let's see if you will contest under CPC.

28 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why I Omitted Tinubu In My Victory Speech – Akeredolu by SillyMods: 7:56pm On Nov 30, 2016
chiwetaluAGU:

Don't take sides unless you are a deep insider, as in, if only you are on ground floor zero of the inner happenings.
Its now obvious Tinubu is intentionally being insulted. I may not like him but this is highly unnecessary and silly of the other camp angry sad
I can take side based on the information at my disposal. The same information available to every other Nigerian.

Openly asking for Oyegun to resign was a miscalculation.

Not campaigning or supporting his party in Ondo was a wrong move.

Asking Oke to join AD was anti-party activity.

Instructing his loyalists (Aregbe, Ambode and Ajimobi) not to honor the president's invitation to attend the grand rally to campaign for Akeredola was a step too far. Those three couldn't have taken that decision on their own without his input.

Tinubu may have a good ground to feel bad but cutting off the head is not the solution to a headache.

Now that his influence has greatly been reduced, not only in APC but also in the SW, what more can he do to fight the enemies within in APC?

127 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Why I Omitted Tinubu In My Victory Speech – Akeredolu by devilson(m): 7:56pm On Nov 30, 2016
haha 2019 go sweet die,tinubu Nd aregbesola May likely dump apc,pdp governors from ss Nd se want to leave pdp nd form a party with Apga.
fayose already contemplating not contesting under pdp platform in 2018.
north central want to form a new party.

I hope y''ll can read the writing on the wall.

we are indirectly heading back to regionalism.

tinubu,atiku,peter obi are planning something,even obj said New parties would emerge before 2019.

2019 go sweet die

19 Likes

Re: Why I Omitted Tinubu In My Victory Speech – Akeredolu by SillyMods: 7:57pm On Nov 30, 2016
SouthWestBlood:
Akeredolu, 4 years will come and APC will be no more by then. Let's see if you will contest under CPC.
Why do you think APC will be no more then?
Re: Why I Omitted Tinubu In My Victory Speech – Akeredolu by SouthWestBlood(m): 7:59pm On Nov 30, 2016
SillyMods:

Why do you think APC will be no more then?

The errors are there and late to fix. It'll see the party crumbling. Look at what Tinubu commented about Atiku lately.
Re: Why I Omitted Tinubu In My Victory Speech – Akeredolu by babyfaceafrica: 7:59pm On Nov 30, 2016
Is this suppose to be news?..who cares,if you like praise yemoja and amadioha...just do well for the state..nansense!!!!.....

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Omitted Tinubu In My Victory Speech – Akeredolu by Nutase: 8:00pm On Nov 30, 2016
See beef

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Omitted Tinubu In My Victory Speech – Akeredolu by SillyMods: 8:04pm On Nov 30, 2016
SouthWestBlood:

The errors are there and late to fix. It'll see the party crumbling. Look at what Tinubu commented about Atiku lately.
Tinubu may likely form a new party with Atiku, Fayose and others. That doesn't mean APC will no longer exist.

5 Likes

Re: Why I Omitted Tinubu In My Victory Speech – Akeredolu by Khd95(m): 8:09pm On Nov 30, 2016
SouthWestBlood:
i heard fayose,governor general of the opposition wailing confederate wants to change platform in 2018gringrin.

Pdp how market nau

3 Likes

Re: Why I Omitted Tinubu In My Victory Speech – Akeredolu by Nobody: 8:14pm On Nov 30, 2016
HungerBAD:
Chief Rotimi Akeredolu.

Your explanation is even more of an insult to Tinubu, and those sending you to ridicule him, will leave you out in the cold when it is your time to face the heat.

You are new in Politics, and this is how you want to start?remember there is a reason why Western Politics is called the Wild Wild West Politics, and towing this line will educate you on how that name was gotten.

When Tinubu congratulated you on all National Dailies, he specifically mentioned your name and wished you well. The path you are towing, is exactly why i do not like Lawyers, who for some strange reasons think they are smarter than everybody, with their knack for twisting the English Language.

You refused to mention his name, and as a man own up to it, instead of trying to twist words. Chief Rotimi Akeredolu, if i were you, i will quickly close rank with the Tinubu faction of the APC because as they say, Politics is local.

When the time comes, Oyegun will not leave Benin to come to the West or Buhari the North for you.

The mouth does not recollect eating yesterday. In 2012, Tinubu supported this same Akeredolu.

52 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why I Omitted Tinubu In My Victory Speech – Akeredolu by HungerBAD: 8:16pm On Nov 30, 2016
deji15:

The mouth does not recollect eating yesterday. In 2012, Tinubu supported this same Akeredolu.

Word.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Omitted Tinubu In My Victory Speech – Akeredolu by Olu317(m): 8:17pm On Nov 30, 2016
SillyMods:

.... you really have to understand between God and god. The god belong to Mortal men and God is decider of history. Akeredolu has won but time will tell whose history will be reckoned with in the mindsets of the Yorubas. I wish some of you will go back to history and differentiate between Awolowo's school of thought against Akintola"s school of thought. History doesn't go away. I am not comparing Jagaban with Awolowo but a Yoruba leader is divinely chosen and not through back door like Akeredolu. Have you ever heard of Chief Richard Akinjide?, an elder state man of Nigeria but what does history have about him in Yoruba land? Akeredolu has won, let's see what four years say about him.

44 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Why I Omitted Tinubu In My Victory Speech – Akeredolu by kcnwaigbo: 8:27pm On Nov 30, 2016
HungerBAD:
Chief Rotimi Akeredolu.

My dear Tinubu is finished politically!!!!It has begun in ondo,Amosun and Ajimobi will soon give him the booth

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I Omitted Tinubu In My Victory Speech – Akeredolu by OPCNAIRALAND: 8:28pm On Nov 30, 2016
SillyMods:

Ok here comes the conjectures!

How did he romance with Fayose?

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Omitted Tinubu In My Victory Speech – Akeredolu by OPCNAIRALAND: 8:28pm On Nov 30, 2016
kcnwaigbo:

My dear Tinubu is finished politically!!!!It has begun in ondo,Amosun and Ajimobi will soon give him the booth

And if they don't....

11 Likes

Re: Why I Omitted Tinubu In My Victory Speech – Akeredolu by somadinho10: 8:30pm On Nov 30, 2016
Tinubu's loyalist

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Omitted Tinubu In My Victory Speech – Akeredolu by OPCNAIRALAND: 8:31pm On Nov 30, 2016
Khd95:
i heard fayose,governor general of the opposition wailing confederate wants to change platform in 2018gringrin.

Pdp how market nau

We have heard of a new political direction in SW and is getting ready to take shape.

3 Likes

Re: Why I Omitted Tinubu In My Victory Speech – Akeredolu by SillyMods: 8:32pm On Nov 30, 2016
Olu317:
.... you really have to understand between God and god. The god belong to Mortal men and God is decider of history. Akeredolu has won but time will tell whose history will be reckoned with in the mindsets of the Yorubas. I wish some of you will go back to history and differentiate between Awolowo's school of thought against Akintola"s school of thought. History doesn't go away. I am not comparing Jagaban with Awolowo but a Yoruba leader is divinely chosen and not through back door like Akeredolu. Have you ever heard of Chief Richard Akinjide?, an elder state man of Nigeria but what does history have about him in Yoruba land? Akeredolu has won, let's see what four years say about him.
What has Akeredolu done wrong so far? Contesting an election against Tinubu or by having the president's support?

Was Akeredolu not Tinubu's candidate in 2012?

The problem with some of you guys is believing that Tinubu is always right.

Well, it's not too late to swallow some pride and mend fences with PMB and APC. I don't see any other good option for him as things are because more than ever, votes now count. And majority of the electorate are moving away from "baba so pe" politics of godfatherism.

26 Likes

Re: Why I Omitted Tinubu In My Victory Speech – Akeredolu by SillyMods: 8:34pm On Nov 30, 2016
OPCNAIRALAND:

Ok here comes the conjectures!

How did he romance with Fayose?
The news report of the SW governors meeting b4 Ondo election gave an account of his phone call conversation with Fayose.

8 Likes

Re: Why I Omitted Tinubu In My Victory Speech – Akeredolu by Chugavey(m): 8:34pm On Nov 30, 2016
HungerBAD:
Chief Rotimi Akeredolu.

Neither Jagaban nor his boys can't do a thing to him... people like OBJ were humbled inside cell not to talk of Jagaban of yesterday.

7 Likes

Re: Why I Omitted Tinubu In My Victory Speech – Akeredolu by naija247: 8:36pm On Nov 30, 2016
If to say na for 2015 general election dem do your una own sef you for yarn this trash?
Re: Why I Omitted Tinubu In My Victory Speech – Akeredolu by naija247: 8:37pm On Nov 30, 2016
If to say na for 2015 general election dem do una own sef you for yarn this trash?

Re: Why I Omitted Tinubu In My Victory Speech – Akeredolu by Paperwhite(m): 8:38pm On Nov 30, 2016
[/b]"He said having acknowledged President Muhammadu Buhari who is the recognised national leader of the party and the National Chairman, Chief John Odigie-Oyegun, it was safe to infer that he had acknowledged all party leaders."[b]
grin grin cheesy.This is simply because they now have the so called Jagaban Borgu in their pocket.Buhari-now "national leader"? Abeg join me laugh. grin grin grin grin

17 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

A New Force Tries To Dismantle The Cabal In Aso Rock - The Nation / Buhari To Shettima: I Will Respond To Your Statement When Handing Over In 2023 / Okija Shrine: No Longer A Bee-hive Of Activities For Politicians (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.