Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,543 members, 7,770,420 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 10:27 AM

My Husband Is Into A Lot Of Things And It Bothers Me! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband Is Into A Lot Of Things And It Bothers Me! (45406 Views)

My Husband Is Too Jealous / My Husband Does Not Get Tired: He ”bothers” Me Everyday. / My Husband Is Very Jealous Because I’m Beautiful – 16-year-old Housewife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Husband Is Into A Lot Of Things And It Bothers Me! by asunnu(f): 8:33pm On Nov 30, 2016
Dear Nairalanders, please advise a sister.
My marriage to my husband is just 13months and it's like I don't know him despite we courting for 6years before settling down.

My husband is so desperate (so to say) for money, he is into a lot of things I.e Lotto, MMM, get help, e.t.c that I'm not cool with. He has a well paid job, though I'm a stay home wife. Already told him he should let me know if the burden is too much on him so that I can get a job since he was the one that actually told me to stop work at the initial stage.

Please what's your take on it?

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Husband Is Into A Lot Of Things And It Bothers Me! by emeraldknytt(m): 8:38pm On Nov 30, 2016
Maybe I'll think of what to say but this moment, I believe a good husband shouldn't make his wife a full house asset unless certain criteria set in such as child(ren) upbringing. Opinions differ, mine is just a speck of dust at a sea shore. undecided

76 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Husband Is Into A Lot Of Things And It Bothers Me! by austinesteve(m): 8:44pm On Nov 30, 2016
Op I see ur hubby as a man who loves risk taking...talk to him about U going back to work for safety purposes, should anything happen to one of his investment I.e lotto, MMM etc. If U start working it will help as a backup for d family .

101 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Husband Is Into A Lot Of Things And It Bothers Me! by talktonase(m): 8:45pm On Nov 30, 2016
Allow him,when he looses some substantial amount of money he will come back home to you grin

54 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Husband Is Into A Lot Of Things And It Bothers Me! by Nobody: 8:50pm On Nov 30, 2016
asunnu:
My marriage to my husband is just 13months and it's like I don't know him despite we courting for 6years before settling down.

My husband is so desperate (so to say) for money, he is into a lot of things I.e Lotto, MMM, get help, e.t.c that I'm not cool with. He has a well paid job, though I'm a stay home wife. Already told him he should let me know if the burden is too much on him so that I can get a job since he was the one that actually told me to stop work at the initial stage.

I think communication is lacking in your relationship.. You courted him for 6 years and yet, communication is an issue? I really don't understand ma'am. You both need to sit down, watch the beautiful stars and then talk. If he's not ready to initiate a conversation, please do. Through that, intentions and desires are made known.. What are your visions? What about his? How are you both working toward it? His current lifestyle shows of a man without a destination. You're a helper, help him go to the right path.
And again, being a full time housewife isn't cool. i mean, who does that in this century? You are here for a reason and your purpose in life isn't all about raising kids or mobbing the floor. Talk to your hubby about getting a job. You need to have your own priceless experience and touch lives in any little way you can. Time has gone when the female gender are been tied to the kitchen.
Wishing you a blissful life..

82 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Into A Lot Of Things And It Bothers Me! by ammyluv2002(f): 8:56pm On Nov 30, 2016
Being desperate for money with a well paid job is not a good thing if you ask me, but I don't think it's bad to have other means of income especially when you don't have to do much work. I think, you should let him know how you feel about it, have a heart to heart talk with him on the matter & see his reactions. If I were you, I will flaunt the idea that I'm scared for his health, stress, worries etc after all, YOLO grin

Secondly, I'd advise you revisit the issue of getting a job with him again. Being a full house wife isn't the best, no matter how rich or the amount of money that comes in monthly. If you have the qualification, pls ask him to permit you get a job no matter how small. If he's worried the job might be time consuming then take up a teaching job at least it's relatively okay. You can have time to take care of your family. And, if you don't have the qualification, look for a business to start up with his permission sha.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Husband Is Into A Lot Of Things And It Bothers Me! by Nobody: 9:04pm On Nov 30, 2016
you courted your boyfriend for 6yrs now your husband and you want us to believe the things you complained about are new to you or you believed you can change him once you becomes his wife

if your concern is that you need a job then discuss it with him that you are tired of siting at home simple

27 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Into A Lot Of Things And It Bothers Me! by fijiano202(m): 9:10pm On Nov 30, 2016
sorry i just have to laugh,that ur hubby is covetous he cant be satisfied,be prayerful cos desperation can lead to crazy things

4 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Into A Lot Of Things And It Bothers Me! by Viking007(m): 9:13pm On Nov 30, 2016
We've got a lot of 'marriage counselors' here. lipsrsealed

16 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Into A Lot Of Things And It Bothers Me! by tolugar: 9:14pm On Nov 30, 2016
talktonase:
Allow him,when he loses some substantial amount of money he will come back home to you grin

Then beats the hell out of her

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Into A Lot Of Things And It Bothers Me! by sapien(m): 9:23pm On Nov 30, 2016
A full housewife in 2016?

Madam, your hubby is covertly telling you to go find a job, that the responsibilities at home are burdensome.

Hence, his involvement in diverse sources of making cash.

5 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Into A Lot Of Things And It Bothers Me! by Nobody: 11:52pm On Nov 30, 2016
I like these type of husbands that chase money with all their strength cheesy

64 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Husband Is Into A Lot Of Things And It Bothers Me! by Acidosis(m): 12:36am On Dec 01, 2016
I don't see any issue here.

In addition with the listed, some added at least 3 cooperatives, pension scheme, mortgage/estate/housing scheme, bank loan, fixed deposit, mutual funds, even ajo.

Remind me, what's the issue again?

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Is Into A Lot Of Things And It Bothers Me! by asunnu(f): 3:54am On Dec 01, 2016
sapien:
A full housewife in 2016?

Madam, your hubby is covertly telling you to go find a job, that the responsibilities at home is burdensome.

Hence, his involvement in diverse sources of making cash.

Thanks so much, that's how I feel too. Have talked to him about getting a job, though this might not happen any time soon as no one will be willing to employ a pregnant woman.

Luckily I have learnt a trade,will have to fall back on that, I hope my strength permits

4 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Into A Lot Of Things And It Bothers Me! by asunnu(f): 3:57am On Dec 01, 2016
Acidosis:
I don't see any issue here.

In addition with the listed, some added at least 3 cooperatives, pension scheme, mortgage/estate/housing scheme, bank loan, fixed deposit, mutual funds, even ajo.

Remind me, what's the issue again?

You mean you don't see anything wrong in Lotto?

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Into A Lot Of Things And It Bothers Me! by asunnu(f): 4:01am On Dec 01, 2016
fijiano202:
sorry i just have to laugh,that ur hubby is covetous he cant be satisfied,be prayerful cos desperation can lead to crazy things

That's my fear... so that he won't end up doing something crazy. Will have to go more on my knee to God. I feel so tired!

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is Into A Lot Of Things And It Bothers Me! by asunnu(f): 4:11am On Dec 01, 2016
ammyluv2002:
Being desperate for money with a well paid job is not a good thing if you ask me, but I don't think it's bad to have other means of income especially when you don't have to do much work. I think, you should let him know how you feel about it, have a heart to heart talk with him on the matter & see his reactions. If I were you, I will flaunt the idea that I'm scared for his health, stress, worries etc after all, YOLO grin

Secondly, I'd advise you revisit the issue of getting a job with him again. Being a full house wife isn't the best, no matter how rich or the amount of money that comes in monthly. If you have the qualification, pls ask him to permit you get a job no matter how small. If he's worried the job might be time consuming then take up a teaching job at least it's relatively okay. You can have time to take care of your family. And, if you don't have the qualification, look for a business to start up with his permission sha.

I sure do have a qualification and i have discussed the issue of job with him, I learnt Catering also but my strength does not permit since I'm pregnant. My fear is for him not to get into anything crazy since he is so desperate.

I caught him first with Lotto which he apologized about and deleted the app from his phone, it was later I now saw the other ones he's into and he has downloaded the lotto app again on his other phone.

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Into A Lot Of Things And It Bothers Me! by asunnu(f): 4:22am On Dec 01, 2016
HenryDion:

I think communication is lacking in your relationship.. You courted him for 6 years and yet, communication is an issue? I really don't understand ma'am. You both need to sit down, watch the beautiful stars and then talk. If he's not ready to initiate a conversation, please do. Through that, intentions and desires are made known.. What are your visions? What about his? How are you both working toward it? His current lifestyle shows of a man without a destination. You're a helper, help him go to the right path.
And again, being a full time housewife isn't cool. i mean, who does that in this century? You are here for a reason and your purpose in life isn't all about raising kids or mobbing the floor. Talk to your hubby about getting a job. You need to have your own priceless experience and touch lives in any little way you can. Time has gone when the female gender are been tied to the kitchen.
Wishing you a blissful life..

I try as much as possible to communicate with him but alot of things are involved that I can't begin to say here. Think I will have to get a job or just be strong and go back to my Catering job.

I appreciate your advice.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Husband Is Into A Lot Of Things And It Bothers Me! by southernbelle(f): 4:52am On Dec 01, 2016
From what I understand about serious gamblers, they are either very rich or very poor. There are no in-betweens.
Try and convince your husband to put some money in a joint account every month from his salary and whatever he makes from those other incomes and make sure he doesn't have much access to it, convince him it will be useful for your baby (during and post pregnancy) and your business(when you are ready to start it).
This is so that you have something substantial to hold on to just incase he decides to go "all-in" with his money and God forbid, it doesn't turn out so well.

11 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Into A Lot Of Things And It Bothers Me! by veronicababy: 5:16am On Dec 01, 2016
Thank God your husband is into get help worldwide cheesy cheesy

Check my signature

4 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Into A Lot Of Things And It Bothers Me! by Richy4(m): 6:22am On Dec 01, 2016
When I read he was into a lot of things, I basically thought the worst...I don't even wanna go into what I was thinking when I saw the headline.....what is wrong with what he was doing OP?....People do risk taking in Business all the time...It works for some and it doesn't work for some....

The only advise I will give is that you put your foot down and demand that he allow you to work...You cannot stay all day at home answering madam..You are not from India...Go and look for a job so that you people will have something to fall back on when he takes a bigger risk...You can't stop him now or he will look like an addicted cigarette smoker that cigarette was taken away from

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Is Into A Lot Of Things And It Bothers Me! by AuroraB(f): 6:53am On Dec 01, 2016
Gambler-husband I'll tell you something, get used to it, he's not leaving that habit. ND hey, who 'earns good' yet gambles undecided

7 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Into A Lot Of Things And It Bothers Me! by divinelove(m): 6:56am On Dec 01, 2016
asunnu:

Provided he is not into illegal things why worry, besides u shld be thinking abt how to help him out with coping with the rising cost of living. One source of income was never enough talk more of when we are in recession

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is Into A Lot Of Things And It Bothers Me! by Slimmos(m): 6:57am On Dec 01, 2016
E b lyk say u like hunger pass enjoyment..Man pikin dey hustle day and night to make sure u eat, u come nairaland dey complain. Pls, I have no advice for u than for u to divorce him.

10 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Into A Lot Of Things And It Bothers Me! by Nobody: 6:57am On Dec 01, 2016
asunnu:

I try as much as possible to communicate with him but alot of things are involved that I can't begin to say here. Think I will have to get a job or just be strong and go back to my Catering job.

I appreciate your advice.

Going back to your catering job is definitely a wise choice.. Perhaps if he see you becoming more ambitious, he will respect and cherish you the more thereby letting you into every phase of his life. Men love seeing their wife take the bull by the horn.. Keep pressing forward.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is Into A Lot Of Things And It Bothers Me! by donfemo(m): 7:29am On Dec 01, 2016
Stay at home mum is a No No, please get a Job. Your Husbands desire to make money and live a comfortable life is admirable only if he will struggle through other channels like doing businesses that will last a while, what will happen when MMM, and Ultimate Cycler crashes? He will use all his investments on Lotto. Talk to your husband about investing in things like Agriculture, Manufacturing etc. you could even start your own business and all. But please ensure you talk him out of these schemes because it wont last for ever and when it crashes Lotto will remain and GODforbid you know what lotto can turn a man's life into.

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Into A Lot Of Things And It Bothers Me! by Acidosis(m): 7:35am On Dec 01, 2016
asunnu:

You mean you don't see anything wrong in Lotto?
He needs to drop that Lotto asap.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is Into A Lot Of Things And It Bothers Me! by sapien(m): 8:26am On Dec 01, 2016
asunnu:

Thanks so much, that's how I feel too. Have talked to him about getting a job, though this might not happen any time soon as no one will be willing to employ a pregnant woman.

Luckily I have learnt a trade,will have to fall back on that, I hope my strength permits
Thank God you learnt a trade you could easily fall back on.

Going back to the trade, after delivery, would give you ample time to cater for and take care of the home front, rather than search for a private job.

I wish you a safe delivery in Jesus' name.

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Into A Lot Of Things And It Bothers Me! by asunnu(f): 8:36am On Dec 01, 2016
sapien:
Thank God you learnt a trade you could easily fall back on.

Going back to the trade, after delivery, would give you ample time to cater for and take care of the home front, rather than search for a private job.

I wish you a safe delivery in Jesus' name.

Amen in Jesus name.. Thanks abunch. God bless you.
Re: My Husband Is Into A Lot Of Things And It Bothers Me! by Funlordjnr: 9:33am On Dec 01, 2016
asunnu:

My husband is so desperate (so to say) for money, he is into a lot of things I.e Lotto, MMM, get help, e.t.c that I'm not cool with. He has a well paid job, though I'm dy told him he should let me know if the burden is too much on him so that I can get a job since he was the one that actually told me to stop work at the initial stage.

You better go and open a seperate account sharply!

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is Into A Lot Of Things And It Bothers Me! by herzern1(m): 10:05am On Dec 01, 2016
If truly he has a well-payinq job and yet venture into all sorts of risky business,I think his desires for money is taken too far.

*Talk to him about savinqs and investment,quest for over-niqht riches ruins one's career and qoals....

*Get a job for yourself as well...If by Tomorrow morninq,he said he's no more interested in the marriage,what will you fall back on??

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is Into A Lot Of Things And It Bothers Me! by jaydee842: 10:05am On Dec 01, 2016

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? / Should I End The The Relationship? / Man Surprises Wife With A Car For Not Leaving Him When He Was Broke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.