Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,944 members, 7,806,731 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:03 PM

How Do Teenagers Afford Crazy Expensive Phones? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How Do Teenagers Afford Crazy Expensive Phones? (24015 Views)

The Top 10 World’s Most Expensive Phones Ever Created / Our Once Most Expensive Phones, Now Pieces Of Scraps. How Time Flies / Most Expensive Phones Money Can Buy (PICS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do Teenagers Afford Crazy Expensive Phones? by AjalaJ(m): 12:51am On Dec 01, 2016
How do teenagers afford these crazy expensive phones and computers these days?

I'm 17 years old, and have an iPhone 7 and am currently building a PC that will end up costing ~$3500.

So how do I afford it?

Most people will say their parents, but mine have taught me that if I want something, I need to work for it. So I got a job.

I work 20–30 hours a week, mostly after school and sometimes on the weekend. I make $10.10 an hour, pretty good considering the minimum wage is $7.25. I enjoy my works, sometimes it can be a little stressful to balance it with school but I deal with it as best as I can. I maintain all A and B grades, so they do not suffer because of work.

And I get to afford the things I want without the help of my parents.

Source: https://www.quora.com/How-do-teenagers-afford-these-crazy-expensive-phones-and-computers-these-days

Neteller here: www..com.ng

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Do Teenagers Afford Crazy Expensive Phones? by Nobody: 7:11am On Dec 01, 2016
This reminds me of Warren Buffet,one of the most men in america. He made his first investment into stock market at about 11 years old.

We seem to be breeding a generation of slaves to material things. I think its said,you make money work for you not ceaselessly work for money till you die.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do Teenagers Afford Crazy Expensive Phones? by Nbote(m): 7:12am On Dec 01, 2016
LA click LA U know d rest. But from d little I read no b naija teens. Dey simply afford such by scamming and taxing their parents...

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do Teenagers Afford Crazy Expensive Phones? by Nobody: 8:56am On Dec 01, 2016
Why would a teenager waste money on such expensive commodity?

I know you're trying to make sense on the importance of persistent hardwork, which by the way is applaudable, but the example you cited to lend more credence to your assertion was badly thought out.

Buying a laptop is not the bone of contention here. But purchasing an irrelevant stuff as iphone 7 at a very tender age is a poor decision, a route travelled far deep into the land of misguidedness.

What's so special about Iphones sef? What can it do that other phones can't? Mtcheeew!

Oh, it's not even a Nigerian scenario. To the waste bin, this thread!

62 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How Do Teenagers Afford Crazy Expensive Phones? by BizLifeE: 9:05am On Dec 01, 2016
Some young people are scammers, while some have rich parents.

3 Likes

Re: How Do Teenagers Afford Crazy Expensive Phones? by Onechancearmy(m): 9:17am On Dec 01, 2016
In Nigeria:

Teenage boys who own Iphones= Internet scams, nairabet, theft or having rich parents.

Teenage girls= Theft, Rich Dad or Rich Sugar Dad.

71 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Do Teenagers Afford Crazy Expensive Phones? by Nobody: 9:54am On Dec 01, 2016
Our parents don't know our exact school fees or house rent cost. Make una double una hustle and stop making noise here. Abeg who get note 5 for sale or swap with iPhone 6s.

3 Likes

Re: How Do Teenagers Afford Crazy Expensive Phones? by Nobody: 10:09am On Dec 01, 2016
Nonsense

1 Like

Re: How Do Teenagers Afford Crazy Expensive Phones? by icekream(m): 10:30am On Dec 01, 2016
Naija teenagers... Yahoo, mmm, etc.

3 Likes

Re: How Do Teenagers Afford Crazy Expensive Phones? by chalondk(m): 11:04am On Dec 01, 2016
Vorpal:
This reminds me of Warren Buffet,one of the most men in america. He made his first investment into stock market at about 11 years old.

We seem to be breeding a generation of slaves to material things. I think its said,you make money work for you not ceaselessly work for money till you die.

Did u read dat article.. . He/She owns an iphone 7! It doesnt get more materialistic dan dat.
Dat doesn't even sound like warren buffets children

Besides, it doesnt add up. 20 - 30 hours

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do Teenagers Afford Crazy Expensive Phones? by Nobody: 11:15am On Dec 01, 2016
chalondk:

Did u read dat article.. . He/She owns an iphone 7! It doesnt get more materialistic dan dat.
Dat doesn't even sound like warren buffets children

Besides, it doesnt add up. 20 - 30 hours

You obviously do not understand my post.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do Teenagers Afford Crazy Expensive Phones? by dingbang(m): 12:05pm On Dec 01, 2016
Some Nigerian ladies are hardworking please, quit that mentality abt them having sex with different men..

9 Likes

Re: How Do Teenagers Afford Crazy Expensive Phones? by Funlordjnr: 12:18pm On Dec 01, 2016
grin

Well there are 5 major ways they get all this _shit;

1: gifts from rich parents or siblings

2: rewards for good grades

3: summer jobs

4: stealing or tapping

5: oloshoism and aristocratism

Now you know!

9 Likes

Re: How Do Teenagers Afford Crazy Expensive Phones? by Fidelismaria: 12:29pm On Dec 01, 2016
La click la somersugar
Re: How Do Teenagers Afford Crazy Expensive Phones? by Turks: 12:53pm On Dec 01, 2016
Internet fraud
MMM
Naijabet
Gayism
Local Fraud
Pickpocketting
Lesbianism
Oloshoism
School materials inflation

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do Teenagers Afford Crazy Expensive Phones? by ednut1(m): 1:12pm On Dec 01, 2016
is this applicable to nigeria? nope

3 Likes

Re: How Do Teenagers Afford Crazy Expensive Phones? by Elxandre(m): 1:27pm On Dec 01, 2016
Good luck getting a $10/hour job in Nigeria( N5000). grin
Even a Nigerian graduate can only dream of that.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do Teenagers Afford Crazy Expensive Phones? by olasubomi007(m): 1:30pm On Dec 01, 2016
NinjaX:
Why would a teenager waste money on such expensive commodity?

I know you're trying to make sense on the importance of persistent hardwork, which by the way is applaudable, but the example you cited to lend more credence to your assertion was badly thought out.

Buying a laptop is not the bone of contention here. But purchasing an irrelevant stuff as iphone 7 at a very tender age is a poor decision, a route travelled far deep into the land of misguidedness.

What's so special about Iphones sef? What can it do that other phones can't? Mtcheeew!

Oh, it's not even a Nigerian scenario. To the waste bin, this thread!

People work hard for different reasons, sometimes getting an expensive commodity is one of them.. And then don't ever say that what can iphones do that other phones can't.. My brother.. A lot

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do Teenagers Afford Crazy Expensive Phones? by airminem(f): 2:07pm On Dec 01, 2016
It doesn't really matter if they have parental clearance
Re: How Do Teenagers Afford Crazy Expensive Phones? by DESTINY41(m): 3:03pm On Dec 01, 2016
WORK HARD SO YOU COULD BE ABLE TO PROVIDE ALL THAT FOR YOUR CHILDREN

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do Teenagers Afford Crazy Expensive Phones? by Tolzeal(m): 4:00pm On Dec 01, 2016
Bleep I'm coming to update ...:

You all are so so naive of what the internet is saying ....

NO YAHOO... No MMM ... No whatever you guys are calling it up there

The problem is majority are not expanding their horizon and blame their parents and government for been poor.

I'm no rich guy yet with lotta wealth ... But I've seen many teenagers fulfilling their dreams at such tender age. There're programs that makes it possible.

One thing Nigerians lack is Dedication And Hard work. Thats why you majority running over get money quick systems. And when things turns out the bad way they become broke again .

Please don't die poor ... Don't blame the rich ... take those instances as source of inspiration.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do Teenagers Afford Crazy Expensive Phones? by jiinxed: 7:50pm On Dec 01, 2016
In Nigeria,

Females = pvssy work or legit hustle (cake baking, bead making, hair dressing etc)

Males = keyboard work + parent scams grin

5 Likes

Re: How Do Teenagers Afford Crazy Expensive Phones? by Nobody: 7:52pm On Dec 01, 2016
Onechancearmy:
In Nigeria:

Teenage boys who own Iphones= Internet scams, nairabet, theft or having rich parents.

Teenage girls= Theft, Rich Dad or Rich Sugar Dad.
go and tell Pablo Escobar that one.. angry ....most people who finished university level in Nigeria...cant afford most expensive stuffs... What do u expect...don't you know that dirty linens(such as cocaine selling, gay,yahoo,prostitution) will surely attract a lot of money...its just simple.... Nobody in this world like something boring....unless u re too good in ur book...God help the average.

3 Likes

Re: How Do Teenagers Afford Crazy Expensive Phones? by Nobody: 8:28pm On Dec 01, 2016
Their parents buy it for them undecided
Re: How Do Teenagers Afford Crazy Expensive Phones? by Nobody: 8:45pm On Dec 01, 2016
olasubomi007:

People work hard for different reasons, sometimes getting an expensive commodity is one of them.. And then don't ever say that what can iphones do that other phones can't.. My brother.. A lot

Except you hail from a wealthy family. Any teen who puts his back to work, only to use the funds derived therein to get Iphone 7 needs thorough mental evaluation. And needs to redefine his priorities.

Well, to each his own...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do Teenagers Afford Crazy Expensive Phones? by chigozie391(m): 9:11pm On Dec 01, 2016
Here

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do Teenagers Afford Crazy Expensive Phones? by ituglobal(m): 11:27pm On Dec 01, 2016
01kingjames01:
Take a minute to see this video, it describe a simple way to make money

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFj72hrUZt4
And

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfjNPjGLhwk
Call or whatsapp me for more info 0903 734 5378

Honestly, I like your picture.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Best 6 Smartphone Concepts Of 2018. / Jack Dorsey’s Twitter Account Hacked / How To Recover Money From A Scammer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.