Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,366 members, 7,808,279 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:46 AM

"On Becoming" - Ladies, Why Do We Keep Forgiving A Cheating Partner? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / "On Becoming" - Ladies, Why Do We Keep Forgiving A Cheating Partner? (3523 Views)

Ladies:why Go Through All This Stress / Ladies Why Do You Say No And Later Open Leg? It's Annoying / 7 Easy Ways Of Identifying A Cheating Partner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

"On Becoming" - Ladies, Why Do We Keep Forgiving A Cheating Partner? by Medunah: 3:37am On Dec 01, 2016
Ok, so finally i read the book by toke makinwa I am deeply touched to say the least.

While reading the book, I kept wondering ‘why did she keep forgiving this guy? He is an an unrepentant cheat and a liar! She saw all the signs and still went ahead to marry the guy.
Funny thing is, this is what happens in almost every relationship, the guy cheats and the lady forgives cos she has been "brainwashed" that she is the main ONE.

After reading this book, it just made me realize that we the ladies fall a lot for the "lies and sweet talks" and we are just too emotional....... maybe it's cos we always feel like we that special one they keep coming back to?? Why do we keep forgiving when it's obvious they will do it again?

And then to maje (the husband), why did he marry toke when he knows he loved Anita more?'
Only to end up breaking toke"s heart by continuously cheating with Anita after marriage??

So to the guys, why would you date someone or marry someone only to end up cheating on that person with another?? Why not just date or marry the person you cheating with??

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "On Becoming" - Ladies, Why Do We Keep Forgiving A Cheating Partner? by Kyllahmc(m): 3:39am On Dec 01, 2016
I dont forgive a cheating partner...
And i dont ask for forgiveness when i cheat on a partner...
Cos cheating simply means your partner is not enough for you.. And therefore can never be. Once a cheat is always a cheat. People dont stop cheating they only learn to cover their tracks better...
People should wise up...
And about the Toke makinwa's book, you cant be sure she is telling the truth... Some ladies can play victim.. I personally dont trust that lady and same goes to Tiwa savage... Sorry if youre a fan

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: "On Becoming" - Ladies, Why Do We Keep Forgiving A Cheating Partner? by Medunah: 3:40am On Dec 01, 2016
Now, i am not saying toke makinwa is blameless in all of this cos I keep wondering why she married the guy when she saw all the signs?
Even His elder Sis warned her, family and friends told her he wasn't it but she still went ahead....
He cancelled wedding twice or was it thrice? Hian!

This book is an eye opener for me, I must say.!
Reading about what she went through and her struggles just makes me want to give her a hug coupled with the fact that she lost her parents at a very tender age.

People were too hard on her during the whole drama like twas entirely her fault.
I did criticize her and it was for the fact that she was giving people relationship advice when her own marriage was on fire. She always acted like she and maje had the perfect relationship when she knew fully well that maje was cheating on her......

Tuface and Annie is also another good example, Annie kept taking him back even after series of cheating issues and other baby mamas wahala.....

Tania Omotayo and wizkid also, dating today and off tomorrow when it was obvious wizkid was cheating before she finally left him......
And so many other cases like that

2 Likes

Re: "On Becoming" - Ladies, Why Do We Keep Forgiving A Cheating Partner? by rose54321: 3:55am On Dec 01, 2016
I guess different ladies do it for different reasons. To me I feel Toke has or had low self esteem and so felt dependent on the guy, like she can't do better.

Just like your case, her relationship with Maje became a routine, a cycle, part of her sub conscious.
When at this stage its extremely difficult to pull out.

Hopefully if more ladies can tell their story it might help the younger ones from falling prey. As women it seems we are abit soft, with the right guy, we can easily be swayed.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "On Becoming" - Ladies, Why Do We Keep Forgiving A Cheating Partner? by Medunah: 4:00am On Dec 01, 2016
rose54321:
I guess different ladies do it for different reasons. To me I feel Toke has or had low self esteem and so felt dependent on the guy, like she can't do better.

Just like your case, her relationship with Maje became a routine, a cycle, part of her sub conscious.
When at this stage its extremely difficult to pull out.

Hopefully if more ladies can tell their story it might help the younger ones from falling prey. As women it seems we are abit soft, with the right guy, we can easily be swayed.
Exactly, I am so happy she told her story and am happier I read it cos as a very young lady, her story helped me a lot. I even put it upon myself to share the e-book to all my female friends.
Re: "On Becoming" - Ladies, Why Do We Keep Forgiving A Cheating Partner? by Medunah: 4:09am On Dec 01, 2016
Kyllahmc:
I dont forgive a cheating partner...
And i dont ask for forgiveness when i cheat on a partner...
Cos cheating simply means your partner is not enough for you.. And therefore can never be. Once a cheat is always a cheat. People dont stop cheating they only learn to cover their tracks better...
People should wise up...
And about the Toke makinwa's book, you cant be sure she is telling the truth... Some ladies can play victim.. I personally dont trust that lady and same goes to Tiwa savage... Sorry if youre a fan
Abi oo, why date the the person if you know she is not good enough for you...

Yeah true, she might be playing victim but am sure in all of it, there will be an atom of truth!
Re: "On Becoming" - Ladies, Why Do We Keep Forgiving A Cheating Partner? by dingbang(m): 4:48am On Dec 01, 2016
It's because yall are women... and women will always be women!
Re: "On Becoming" - Ladies, Why Do We Keep Forgiving A Cheating Partner? by Mjshexy(f): 5:20am On Dec 01, 2016
Never say goodbye if you still want to try. Love is like magic cheesy
Re: "On Becoming" - Ladies, Why Do We Keep Forgiving A Cheating Partner? by xendra: 5:31am On Dec 01, 2016
pfffttt!.... she was weak and stupid. good thing she's out of it now.
Re: "On Becoming" - Ladies, Why Do We Keep Forgiving A Cheating Partner? by veronicababy: 5:38am On Dec 01, 2016
I don't think I can forgive a cheating partner angry

1 Like

Re: "On Becoming" - Ladies, Why Do We Keep Forgiving A Cheating Partner? by Tallesty1(m): 6:12am On Dec 01, 2016
It's because she's a woman. Unah wahala dey unique and e no get solution.

1 Like

Re: "On Becoming" - Ladies, Why Do We Keep Forgiving A Cheating Partner? by Jafar1: 6:17am On Dec 01, 2016
veronicababy:
I don't think I can forgive a cheating partner angry

I don't think u love a cheating partner
Re: "On Becoming" - Ladies, Why Do We Keep Forgiving A Cheating Partner? by Medunah: 6:33am On Dec 01, 2016
Jafar1:

I don't think u love a cheating partner
Did u read my mind? Lol
I was about to say the same thing.

@veronicababy, imagine a guy u really love and adore, and u don't think u can love another the way u love him, then he cheats on you and he his begging for forgiveness that he won't do it again?? Sincerely, it's hard except of course u don't love the guy in question

1 Like

Re: "On Becoming" - Ladies, Why Do We Keep Forgiving A Cheating Partner? by ajokebelle(f): 6:34am On Dec 01, 2016
Medunah:

Exactly, I am so happy she told her story and am happier I read it cos as a very young lady, her story helped me a lot. I even put it upon myself to share the e-book to all my female friends.
Please can you help with the e-Book.
Re: "On Becoming" - Ladies, Why Do We Keep Forgiving A Cheating Partner? by Medunah: 6:44am On Dec 01, 2016
Tallesty1:
It's because she's a woman. Unah wahala dey unique and e no get solution.

Me I don't understand this both you "she is a woman talk o' maybe u should expatiate
And you both didn't answer the question, why do you and your people cheat??

dingbang:
It's because yall are women... and women will always be women!
Re: "On Becoming" - Ladies, Why Do We Keep Forgiving A Cheating Partner? by nowpresence(f): 6:46am On Dec 01, 2016
Medunah:

I hope you don't mind sharing the e book with me.
Email: omejevweodenema@gmail.com
Thanks.
Re: "On Becoming" - Ladies, Why Do We Keep Forgiving A Cheating Partner? by dingbang(m): 6:50am On Dec 01, 2016
Medunah:

Me I don't understand this both you "she is a woman talk o' maybe u should expatiate
And you both didn't answer the question, why do you and your people cheat??

who is you and your people? undecided..

Please remind me d last time we had a relationship and I cheated on u.
Re: "On Becoming" - Ladies, Why Do We Keep Forgiving A Cheating Partner? by Medunah: 6:56am On Dec 01, 2016
nowpresence:

I hope you don't mind sharing the e book with me.
Email: omejevweodenema@gmail.com
Thanks.

ajokebelle:

Please can you help with the e-Book.

Sorry Pls drop ur numbers and I won't quote it so u will be able to edit and remove it later. My mail not working so I will send it thru WhatsApp....
Re: "On Becoming" - Ladies, Why Do We Keep Forgiving A Cheating Partner? by Medunah: 6:58am On Dec 01, 2016
dingbang:
who is you and your people? undecided..

Please remind me d last time we had a relationship and I cheated on u.
Oga, it's not fight....it just a simple case of you saying you don't cheat, which I don't think you will admit to anyway.....
Re: "On Becoming" - Ladies, Why Do We Keep Forgiving A Cheating Partner? by littlemistress: 6:58am On Dec 01, 2016
The only effective way to stop being played by a cheat is to stop the low self esteem & cut ALL communications wt the cheat. Relocate if need be. But the thing is most ladies does not have the liver to cut ties with a serial time wasting b.astard

1 Like

Re: "On Becoming" - Ladies, Why Do We Keep Forgiving A Cheating Partner? by dingbang(m): 7:00am On Dec 01, 2016
Medunah:

Oga, it's not fight....it just a simple case of you saying you don't cheat, which I don't think you will admit to anyway.....
and here u are judging again..

Look if you think all men cheat then I don't think u will end up getting married.

Now before I tell you if I cheat or not, why not we get into a relationship first, den we ascertain who cheats first.

Deal? undecided

1 Like

Re: "On Becoming" - Ladies, Why Do We Keep Forgiving A Cheating Partner? by dingbang(m): 7:01am On Dec 01, 2016
littlemistress:
The only effective way to stop being played by a cheat is to stop the low self esteem & cut ALL communications wt the cheat. Relocate if need be. But the thing is most ladies does not have the liver to cut ties with a serial time wasting b.astard
because they have had sex with the cheat!

1 Like

Re: "On Becoming" - Ladies, Why Do We Keep Forgiving A Cheating Partner? by nowpresence(f): 7:05am On Dec 01, 2016
Medunah:

Sorry Pls drop ur numbers and I won't quote it so u will be able to edit and remove it later. My mail not working so I will send it thru WhatsApp....

Re: "On Becoming" - Ladies, Why Do We Keep Forgiving A Cheating Partner? by Medunah: 7:14am On Dec 01, 2016
dingbang:
and here u are judging again..

Look if you think all men cheat then I don't think u will end up getting married.

Now before I tell you if I cheat or not, why not we get into a relationship first, den we ascertain who cheats first.

Deal? undecided
I don't think all men are cheats! I think most men are cheats..... and sorry if it felt like I was judging, only talk from what av seen!

No deal angry

Seen @Nowpresence , you can remove it
Re: "On Becoming" - Ladies, Why Do We Keep Forgiving A Cheating Partner? by Adeinfo: 7:19am On Dec 01, 2016
Medunah:

Lady, you are behaving too confrontational with the guy. You are acting like both of you have issues unsolved. I hope the effect of Reading and adoring Toke is not getting over you. pls, if you want relationship breakthroughs, learn from those that have been able to sustain one not failures because you will never get objective reasoning especially from you ladies.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "On Becoming" - Ladies, Why Do We Keep Forgiving A Cheating Partner? by dingbang(m): 7:20am On Dec 01, 2016
Medunah:

I don't think all men are cheats! I think most men are cheats..... and sorry if it felt like I was judging, only talk from what av seen!

No deal angry

Seen @Nowpresence , you can remove it
no deal means most women are cheats too..
Re: "On Becoming" - Ladies, Why Do We Keep Forgiving A Cheating Partner? by AngelsAndStars(m): 7:34am On Dec 01, 2016
no matter how many testimonies you ladies read you all will still be like this. to get a male partner is the sole aim of an average Nigerian woman, that's how it works. any other "ambition" don't really appeal to you for too long no matter how hard you try.

on the other hand, not too long our fore fathers married more than one, and even more. remember these genes are passed down to generations. if there will be a change it cannot be a rigid one but rather a flexible and slow process.

hard to swallow but that's the truth.
Re: "On Becoming" - Ladies, Why Do We Keep Forgiving A Cheating Partner? by AngelsAndStars(m): 7:37am On Dec 01, 2016
Adeinfo:

Lady, you are behaving too confrontational with the guy. You are acting like both of you have issues unsolved. I hope the effect of Reading and adoring Toke is not getting over you. pls, if you want relationship breakthroughs, learn from those that have been able to sustain one not failures because you will never get objective reasoning especially from you ladies.
you made a good point. she should know ladies always play victim so toke's story should not be taken as absolutely truth. anyways, that's her concern.
Re: "On Becoming" - Ladies, Why Do We Keep Forgiving A Cheating Partner? by Bahddo(m): 7:37am On Dec 01, 2016
Because women are worse cheats. They forgive their cheating partners because they know they are not any better.

Those ladies your boyfriends and husbands cheat with, don't you know they are mostly someone's girlfriend or wife cheating on their own bfs and husbands? Yet you ladies try to imply it's only men doing all the cheating. Bunch of pretenders that shouldn't be taken seriously.

1 Like

Re: "On Becoming" - Ladies, Why Do We Keep Forgiving A Cheating Partner? by Medunah: 7:42am On Dec 01, 2016
Adeinfo:

Mr, I am not adoring toke, I just admire the fact that she was brave enough to share and accept her mistakes......and this is a common occurrence in our society, so why turn a blind eye to it?
Are u saying she should have stayed in the marriage regardless of the fact that he impregnated someone else? And that would have being her success story? Or are you saying it was her fault he cheated??

And about dingbang, he evaded the question and I confronted him about it and mind you, he wasn't the only one I quoted so I don't have any issues with him whatsoever....
Re: "On Becoming" - Ladies, Why Do We Keep Forgiving A Cheating Partner? by mrnuur(m): 7:46am On Dec 01, 2016
Fear of the unknown
Re: "On Becoming" - Ladies, Why Do We Keep Forgiving A Cheating Partner? by Medunah: 7:47am On Dec 01, 2016
AngelsAndStars:
you made a good point. she should know ladies always play victim so toke's story should not be taken as absolutely truth. anyways, that's her concern.
That doesn't change the fact that he cheated over and over again and was also a chronic liar abeg and like I said earlier toke also had her own faults so I am not willing to go down that Lane again

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

These Bridal Squad Just Stole My Heart With Their Dasiki & Dabbing Skills / 8 Reasons Nairaland Guys Are Always Lashing Out At Nigerian Girls(photo) / What Comes To Your Mind In The Morning When You Are With Your Girl or Your Man?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.