Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,725 members, 7,802,187 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:41 AM

My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. - Religion (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. (32147 Views)

Lady Shares Her Experience As Churches Reopen In Lagos Today / 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist / Saudi Arabia To Execute 'Atheist' For Insulting Prophet Muhammad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by MrMontella(m): 4:05pm On Dec 02, 2016
Seun:
I'm eager to learn what I got wrong. Pls go ahead and correct it; tnx.
we didnt evolve from monkeys...
We both have a common ancestor..they are modern species like us..
You said we evolved from monkeys
Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by AngelsAndStars(m): 4:06pm On Dec 02, 2016
MrMontella:

not talking about the creation myth...
You believe certain things in the bible..
I.e the thought of others
not entirely. i chose to believe the bible but not my doubt(in meaningful %) is still intact. The only concept i believe close to 100% is God.
Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by MrMontella(m): 4:09pm On Dec 02, 2016
AngelsAndStars:
those "scientists" have many forgery cases busted. they are liars.

if they had gotten away it would have been termed "fact" and you'd be seeing dates like 6billion years old fossils, 8.9 billion years old nonsense grin grin grin
and you think it was a creationist that busted the forgery?#piltdownman..?
It was a scientist...an atheist sef....
If anything is going to be busted...it will be by scientists...not kent hovind and co
and archaeopteryx is not a forgery..
Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by jonbellion(m): 4:09pm On Dec 02, 2016
MrMontella:

lol..irreducible complexity...
This statement has been debunked before!
they never learn
That is why we would continue to flog them cool
Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by Nobody: 4:12pm On Dec 02, 2016
MrMontella:

@the first bolded..
You have to provide proof of the consensus or any reputable scientific organization...of which there is none...not some christian claim(lie rather)..

Here's a scientific journal endorsing the fossil
@2nd bolded...its an old claim that has been debunked...
Permit me to copy and paste..

each of walt browns claims on archaeopteryx was listed and debunked one by one here

fossilization is rare and not easy..
But yet transitional fossils still exist..

read up

http://phenomena.nationalgeographic.com/2013/07/31/archeopteryxs-evolutionary-humuliation-continues/
Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by AngelsAndStars(m): 4:13pm On Dec 02, 2016
MrMontella:

and you think it was a creationist that busted the forgery?#piltdownman..?
It was a scientist...an atheist sef....
If anything is going to be busted...it will be by scientists...not kent hovind and co
and archaeopteryx is not a forgery..
that does not change the fact that so many findings that are still being paraded as fact could actually be false.
Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by AngelsAndStars(m): 4:14pm On Dec 02, 2016
How reliable are the dating methods sef. no one knows. i bet the Nigerian atheists too dont know how the dating method works they just swallow whatever the white man says. undecided
Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by Nobody: 4:15pm On Dec 02, 2016
jonbellion:
they never learn
That is why we would continue to flog them cool

Flog with what? Regurgitation? Even seun admitted to minute details being missing and bowed out.

When scientists cannot explain anything they give it a name. Irreducible complexity indeed grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by MrMontella(m): 4:27pm On Dec 02, 2016
4everGod:

read up

http://phenomena.nationalgeographic.com/2013/07/31/archeopteryxs-evolutionary-humuliation-continues/
bros did you read your link? grin grin
it endorsed me the more..
Clearly stated that
1)archaeopteryx is not a forgery.cheesycheesycheesy
2)endorsed my statement on many archaeopteryx fossil discoveries...gringrin
3)admitted that the archaeopteryx is an ancestor to birds...gringringrin
4)admitted that fossils of other feathered dinosaurs have been foundgringringrin
5)admitted that archaeopteryx is a dinosaur-bird linked fossil..but just that other more suitable fossils have been found gringringrin
Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by Seun(m): 4:30pm On Dec 02, 2016
MrMontella:

we didnt evolve from monkeys...
We both have a common ancestor..they are modern species like us..
You said we evolved from monkeys
No, I did not say we evolved from monkeys. I said that we are monkeys. This was my way of ramming home the common ancestor point:
Apes emerged within the catarrhines with the Old World monkeys as a sister group, so cladistically they are monkeys as well. However, traditionally apes are not considered monkeys
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monkey
Modern humans (Homo sapiens, primarily ssp. Homo sapiens sapiens) are the only extant members of Hominina clade (or human clade), a branch of the taxonomical tribe Hominini belonging to the family of great apes.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human
So technically, human beings are apes, and apes are monkeys, even if we choose not to call them that. That's why I said we are monkeys.

Simba asked his dad "if lions evolved from cats, why are there still cats?". "Child", said Mofassa, "I hate to admit this, but we are still cats!"

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by jonbellion(m): 4:30pm On Dec 02, 2016
AngelsAndStars:
How reliable are the dating methods sef. no one knows. i bet the Nigerian atheists too dont know how the dating method works they just swallow whatever the white man says. undecided
whaaaaaaaaaaaa
*facepalm*
There is carbon in the atmosphere
There is an isotope of carbon called carbon 14
Every animal and plant takes in this carbon
The half life of carbon 14 is 5730 years
With that knowledge we can detect how much carbon is left on the body of an animal that once lived by checking the amount of isotope carbon 14 that is still in the body
And yes the dating methods are reliable
Argon ~Argon dating was used to detect the number if years mount Vesuvius that engulfed the city of Pompeii erupted and it was accurate
Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by AngelsAndStars(m): 4:32pm On Dec 02, 2016
jonbellion:
whaaaaaaaaaaaa
*facepalm*
There is carbon in the atmosphere
There is an isotope of carbon called carbon 14
Every animal and plant takes in this carbon
The half life of carbon 14 is 5730 years
With that knowledge we can detect how much carbon is left on the body of an animal that once lived by checking the amount of isotope carbon 14
you read that online abi?
Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by MrMontella(m): 4:32pm On Dec 02, 2016
AngelsAndStars:
that does not change the fact that so many findings that are still being paraded as fact could actually be false.
like which?
Gravity?
Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by jonbellion(m): 4:33pm On Dec 02, 2016
AngelsAndStars:
you read that online abi?
I didn't read that online
It's simple chemistry
Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by AngelsAndStars(m): 4:35pm On Dec 02, 2016
Seun:

No, I did not say we evolved from monkeys. I said that we are monkeys. This was my way of ramming home the common ancestor point:

So technically, human beings are apes, and apes are monkeys, even if we choose not to call them that. That's why I said we are monkeys.

Simba asked his dad "if lions evolved from cats, why are there still cat?". "Child", said Mofassa, "I hate to admit this, but we are still cats!"
yes, the white man again. whatever they say is final. the white man that brought religion to us, same white man tell you that you are monkey and you accept it.

now can you see why I said creationists and evolutionists are two sides of s coin?

buhaha
Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by AngelsAndStars(m): 4:37pm On Dec 02, 2016
jonbellion:
I didn't read that online
It's simple chemistry
this "simple chemistry" who thought you? same white man. wait, did you practice and verify the "simple chemistry" yourself? or you accepted whatever the white man said about the simple chemistry?
Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by jonbellion(m): 4:37pm On Dec 02, 2016
AngelsAndStars:
yes, the white man again. whatever they say is final. the white man that brought religion to us, same white man tell you that you are monkey and you accept it.

now can you see why I said creationists and evolutionists are two sides of s coin?

buhaha
you do realise the knowledge of how evolution works is used to create stringer vaccines yearly
Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by Seun(m): 4:38pm On Dec 02, 2016
4everGod:
Flog with what? Regurgitation? Even seun admitted to minute details being missing and bowed out
I don't like to go deep into historical stuff. Some aspects of our body of evolutionary knowledge have more evidence than other aspects. How is this a victory for you, though? You haven't explained why God had to use soil to make the male when we're elementally so different from soil.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by AngelsAndStars(m): 4:38pm On Dec 02, 2016
MrMontella:

like which?
Gravity?
I don't know. we'll have to wait for the white man to tell us. like we always do. grin
Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by jonbellion(m): 4:39pm On Dec 02, 2016
AngelsAndStars:
this "simple chemistry" who thought you? same white man. wait, did you practice and verify the "simple chemistry" yourself? or you accepted whatever the white man said about the simple chemistry?
what kind of daft analogy is this
So I should not go to school again
What your saying makes no sense
The white man brought germ theory
It's a lie
Germs don't exist and cause illnesses
Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by AngelsAndStars(m): 4:39pm On Dec 02, 2016
jonbellion:
you do realise the knowledge of how evolution works is used to create stringer vaccines yearly
no I don't. please tell me
Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by MrMontella(m): 4:41pm On Dec 02, 2016
AngelsAndStars:
maaaannn!
Cut it abeg! undecided
Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by jonbellion(m): 4:42pm On Dec 02, 2016
MrMontella:

maaaannn!
Cut it abeg! undecided
I don't even understand the guy again
Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by AngelsAndStars(m): 4:43pm On Dec 02, 2016
jonbellion:
what kind of daft analogy is this
So I should not go to school again
What your saying makes no sense
The white man brought germ theory
It's a lie
Germs don't exist and cause illnesses
don't get emotional. we are learning.

who knows? could be you know? what proof do you have on your own? what proof has our own educational system brought forward.

every nonsense (true or false) we swallow and argue. have you really done research on your own to verify even a little claims from your prophets(scientists)?

1 Like

Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by AngelsAndStars(m): 4:44pm On Dec 02, 2016
MrMontella:
maaaannn! Cut it abeg! undecided
yop. let's cut it.
Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by Seun(m): 4:46pm On Dec 02, 2016
AngelsAndStars:
same white man tell you that you are monkey and you accept it.
What is so bad about being a monkey (technically)? Isn't it amazing that we have done so much better than all the other monkeys?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by Nobody: 4:47pm On Dec 02, 2016
Seun:

Simba asked his dad "if lions evolved from cats, why are there still cats?". "Child", said Mofassa, "I hate to admit this, but we are still cats!"

Chai Atheists can use absolutely anything to justify their claims even Mofassa

[img]http://cdn.meme.am/cache/instances/folder166/250x250/56437166.jpg[/img]
Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by Nobody: 4:49pm On Dec 02, 2016
Seun:
What is so bad about being a monkey (technically)? Isn't it amazing that we have done so much better than all the other monkeys?

Seun feel free to call yourself a monkey or a baboon or whatever else tickles your fancy. But do not group everyone into that category. OYO is your name
Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by AngelsAndStars(m): 4:54pm On Dec 02, 2016
What separates me from most so-called atheists is a feeling of utter humility toward the unattainable secrets of the harmony of the cosmos.

Albert Einstein
Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by AngelsAndStars(m): 4:55pm On Dec 02, 2016
I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly. If something is in me which can be called religious then it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the world so far as our science can reveal

Albert Einstein
Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by AngelsAndStars(m): 4:56pm On Dec 02, 2016
I cannot imagine a God who rewards and punishes the objects of his creation, whose purposes are modeled after our own — a God, in short, who is but a reflection of human frailty.

Albert Einstein
Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by AngelsAndStars(m): 5:01pm On Dec 02, 2016
A knowledge of the existence of something we cannot penetrate, of the manifestations of the profoundest reason and the most radiant beauty - it is this knowledge and this emotion that constitute the truly religious attitude; in this sense, and in this alone, I am a deeply religious man.

Albert Einstein

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (28) (Reply)

Akan Weeks' Banner Spotted In Ghana 3 Months After Uyo Church Building Collapse / Father Mbaka Storms London For A Crusade(photos,video) / T. B. Joshua Celebrates 56th Birthday. 20 Facts you many not know About Prophet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.