Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,464 members, 7,808,650 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:52 PM

Sheriff’s Faction Is Illegal, Appeal Court Rules, PDP Now Set To Hold Convention - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sheriff’s Faction Is Illegal, Appeal Court Rules, PDP Now Set To Hold Convention (24281 Views)

6 Governors That Agreed To Hold Convention Without Buhari / Sheriff’s PDP Faction Is Illegal, Appeal Court Rules / PDP: Why Makarfi Faction Is Wooing Aggrieved APC Chiefs – sheriff Faction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sheriff’s Faction Is Illegal, Appeal Court Rules, PDP Now Set To Hold Convention by BERNIMOORE: 10:27am On Dec 01, 2016
The court of appeal has upheld the caretaker committee of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) under the leadership of Ahmed Makarfi, describing the faction led by Ali Modu Sheriff as illegal.

In a judgement on Wednesday, the panel of judges led by Ibrahim Saulawa, set aside the ruling of Okon Abang, a judge of the federal high court Abuja, who declared Makarfi’s faction as “illegal”.

In a ruling on June 29, Abang ordered the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) not to recognise any candidate from the Markafi faction.

The judge held that there were two subsisting court orders which recognised Ali Modu Sheriff-led PDP as the authentic representation of the party.

He said that the Makarfi faction only ran to get another ruling after two orders that favoured Sheriff had been given by the court.
However at the appellate court on Wednesday, the three-man panel of judges, while setting aside the judgement described Abang’s ruling as “displaced, most troubling decision of the lower court.”

“It is a gross abuse of section 36 (1) of the constitution, particularly the right to fair hearing,” the panel of judges held.
The panel of judges said while it was unfair that the Makarfi faction of the PDP was not heard at the lower court, the judge did not have the grounds to which he made his ruling on.

Furthermore, the judges said “what was done at the lower court was a charade and a fraud”.
The Makarfi-led faction was recognised by the law and consequently, INEC, at the Edo state gubernatorial election, and most recently, for the Ondo governorship election.

https://www.thecable.ng/just-sheriffs-faction-illegal-appeal-court-rules

2 Likes

Re: Sheriff’s Faction Is Illegal, Appeal Court Rules, PDP Now Set To Hold Convention by tyav7: 10:32am On Dec 01, 2016
Na them sabi
Re: Sheriff’s Faction Is Illegal, Appeal Court Rules, PDP Now Set To Hold Convention by danot1030: 10:38am On Dec 01, 2016
op you still carry pdp matter for head? Very soon na only you go waka come in pdp. Already Fayose, the most ferocious warrior in pdp planning his exit.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sheriff’s Faction Is Illegal, Appeal Court Rules, PDP Now Set To Hold Convention by BERNIMOORE: 10:53am On Dec 01, 2016
danot1030:
op you still carry pdp matter for head? Very soon na only you go waka come in pdp. Already Fayose, the most ferocious warrior in pdp planning his exit.
yeah, he will join a mega party that will beat APC because

there seem no fair judgement for PDP again, jimoh ibrahim openly says that what happen in the court was a charade, he indicts justice Abang and even appeal court ruled that Abang ruling was 'fraudulent' yet No Dss is doing anything to him, but something is so sure,

Fayose will never join APC according to him

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sheriff’s Faction Is Illegal, Appeal Court Rules, PDP Now Set To Hold Convention by cyberguy72(m): 10:59am On Dec 01, 2016
APC watch ur back PDP dey come.............. cool cool cool cool

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sheriff’s Faction Is Illegal, Appeal Court Rules, PDP Now Set To Hold Convention by clevadani: 11:00am On Dec 01, 2016
Pdp should just die and leave this country for us

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sheriff’s Faction Is Illegal, Appeal Court Rules, PDP Now Set To Hold Convention by danot1030: 11:02am On Dec 01, 2016
BERNIMOORE:
yeah, he will join a mega party that will beat APC because

there seem no fair judgement for PDP again, jimoh ibrahim openly says that what happen in the court was a charade, he indicts justice Abang and even appeal court ruled that Abang ruling was 'fraudulent' yet No Dss is doing anything to him, but something is so sure,

Fayose will never join APC according to him

I really look forward to another mega party but pdp should extinct, that party has brought so much pain encouraged by its corrupt policies.

3 Likes

Re: Sheriff’s Faction Is Illegal, Appeal Court Rules, PDP Now Set To Hold Convention by BERNIMOORE: 11:18am On Dec 01, 2016
danot1030:
I really look forward to another mega party but pdp should extinct, that party has brought so much pain encouraged by its corrupt policies.
whats the difference? The same peoplewith another name, you seem to have problem with party name, then the issue continues

40 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Sheriff’s Faction Is Illegal, Appeal Court Rules, PDP Now Set To Hold Convention by herzern1(m): 12:27pm On Dec 01, 2016
I hate PDP cool

3 Likes

Re: Sheriff’s Faction Is Illegal, Appeal Court Rules, PDP Now Set To Hold Convention by Nobody: 12:29pm On Dec 01, 2016
This Synopintopincopio that FG has refused to Democonotinopolize is bringing a serious Saga to this Geographocanation Nigeria, which has trinitoritaroial clampings circulating with Sentocringorial corruptions And Affecting Standard of living..
Re: Sheriff’s Faction Is Illegal, Appeal Court Rules, PDP Now Set To Hold Convention by ammyluv2002(f): 12:30pm On Dec 01, 2016
Disorganised party undecided
Re: Sheriff’s Faction Is Illegal, Appeal Court Rules, PDP Now Set To Hold Convention by Remilekun101: 12:32pm On Dec 01, 2016
Up Pdp.

Meanwhile check my siggy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Sheriff’s Faction Is Illegal, Appeal Court Rules, PDP Now Set To Hold Convention by seunmsg(m): 12:32pm On Dec 01, 2016
PDP is dead and buried. Sheriff has completed his good job grin grin grin so, Wike and Fayose can inherit the carcass.

5 Likes

Re: Sheriff’s Faction Is Illegal, Appeal Court Rules, PDP Now Set To Hold Convention by otokx(m): 12:33pm On Dec 01, 2016
Reminds me of the Egyptians and the red sea in the bible; just when PDP thinks coast is clear, from nowhere will come another gbese.
Re: Sheriff’s Faction Is Illegal, Appeal Court Rules, PDP Now Set To Hold Convention by gebest: 12:34pm On Dec 01, 2016
k
Re: Sheriff’s Faction Is Illegal, Appeal Court Rules, PDP Now Set To Hold Convention by Dcomrade(m): 12:34pm On Dec 01, 2016
Will this now settle the problems in totality undecided

2 Likes

Re: Sheriff’s Faction Is Illegal, Appeal Court Rules, PDP Now Set To Hold Convention by gen2briz(m): 12:34pm On Dec 01, 2016
I hope Fayose will stay upon hearing this news.

2 Likes

Re: Sheriff’s Faction Is Illegal, Appeal Court Rules, PDP Now Set To Hold Convention by capatainrambo: 12:35pm On Dec 01, 2016
mumu sheriff

2 Likes

Re: Sheriff’s Faction Is Illegal, Appeal Court Rules, PDP Now Set To Hold Convention by cegxie(m): 12:35pm On Dec 01, 2016
Thi matter neva finish oh... E go soon remain supreme court judgment and even Ecowas and ICC Judgment... Ndi Ara

1 Like

Re: Sheriff’s Faction Is Illegal, Appeal Court Rules, PDP Now Set To Hold Convention by Jchi9876: 12:35pm On Dec 01, 2016
Zxx
Re: Sheriff’s Faction Is Illegal, Appeal Court Rules, PDP Now Set To Hold Convention by passionate88: 12:36pm On Dec 01, 2016
Now let peace reign

1 Like

Re: Sheriff’s Faction Is Illegal, Appeal Court Rules, PDP Now Set To Hold Convention by Ahmadgani(m): 12:37pm On Dec 01, 2016
supreme court judgement loading

expect another battle of litigation in a lower court to counter this move
Re: Sheriff’s Faction Is Illegal, Appeal Court Rules, PDP Now Set To Hold Convention by Mc4larin: 12:38pm On Dec 01, 2016
okayyy
Re: Sheriff’s Faction Is Illegal, Appeal Court Rules, PDP Now Set To Hold Convention by Chiedu4Trump: 12:39pm On Dec 01, 2016
That guy Sheriff Na APC stooge

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sheriff’s Faction Is Illegal, Appeal Court Rules, PDP Now Set To Hold Convention by Icecomrade: 12:40pm On Dec 01, 2016
good
Re: Sheriff’s Faction Is Illegal, Appeal Court Rules, PDP Now Set To Hold Convention by sinistermind(m): 12:42pm On Dec 01, 2016
Justice Abang should be probed. That guy is as corrupt as anything corrupt. So far all his rulings have favoured the FG directly or indirectly. One day breeze go blow n fowl yansh go open.

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Sheriff’s Faction Is Illegal, Appeal Court Rules, PDP Now Set To Hold Convention by SycophanticGoat: 12:44pm On Dec 01, 2016
WILLYBABS:
I talk my own ooooo...this guy na thief, don't try and buy data from him, he scammed me. I've informed my baba already, he's a living corpse...Mods, block him, not me.

Hehehehe, it's only greed that can make one fall prey to these nonsense guys selling scam on nairaland. My normal MTN monthly sub is ok for me. cool

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Senate Uncovers N10bn Hidden In Education Budget / Eyo Effiom Ita: Lawyers To Boycott Swearing In Of Cross River Acting Chief Judge / How Atiku Rejected Tinubu As Running Mate - Akande Recounts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.