Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,775 members, 7,798,584 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:35 AM

FG Distributes Smartphones With Agric Apps To Rice Farmers In Nigeria - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / FG Distributes Smartphones With Agric Apps To Rice Farmers In Nigeria (21820 Views)

Imota Rice Mill: Lagos To Train And Empower Farmers In Rice Production / Rice Farmers, Others To Access Bill Gate's $30bn Agriculture Grant / Cassava: FG Distributes High Yielding, Disease Resistant Stems To Farmers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Distributes Smartphones With Agric Apps To Rice Farmers In Nigeria by SmartMugu: 6:46pm On Dec 01, 2016
onatisi:

The phone they are distributing can talk to the farmers and teach them how to plant and harvest
What makes them farmers if they didn't know how to plant and harvest without the phones?
Re: FG Distributes Smartphones With Agric Apps To Rice Farmers In Nigeria by obailala(m): 6:47pm On Dec 01, 2016
Dc4life:
Still copying GEJ's policies left, right and centre? I thought you said he did or started nothing good.
Politics of deceit and not for common good is the cancer killing Nigeria.
It is not by creating policies, what matters is efficiently implementing the thousands of policies lying fallow over the years and extracting results from them. Nobody is in a competition to create policy, Nigeria has never lacked creative policies, fruitful implementation has always been the problem.
Re: FG Distributes Smartphones With Agric Apps To Rice Farmers In Nigeria by afanide: 6:57pm On Dec 01, 2016
jahsharon:

Your lord and saviour the clueless drunk from Otuoke was there for 6 years, common one bag of rice, the whole Nigeria could not produce. Yet the fraud ex-Minister for Agriculture Mr Akunwunmi kept rolling out figures and statistics that did not turn to even one bag of rice. The people's general have taken over, several states are harvesting millions of tones of rice from Jigawa to Kebbi, from Sokoto to Ebonyi, from Rivers to Kaduna, even Ebonyi has banned sales of foreign rice, yet you nonentities are wailing and weeping over spilt milk.

Enjoy ur ban cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: FG Distributes Smartphones With Agric Apps To Rice Farmers In Nigeria by Tanimola26: 7:00pm On Dec 01, 2016
sometimes I wonder if our so caller leaders have brain. what would the phone do? They should have the money for fertilizers, herbicides, improved seeds and other things that would b beneficiary to d farmers. The real farmers are illiterate.
Re: FG Distributes Smartphones With Agric Apps To Rice Farmers In Nigeria by afanide: 7:01pm On Dec 01, 2016
SmartMugu:

Yup you're right. This is just a means to add funds to someone's portfolio and further milk the economy. How many of these farmers can read and write not to talk of exposing them to some futuristic apps they probably would never use? Expose them to their basic needs like fertilizers and improve from there.
Nice one!

Not all farmers will benefit from this. One person will. The money they spent on those phones are enough to send the to other african countries for training if they wanted to waste money. How many farmers sabi operate Nokia torch Talk more of Android.
Re: FG Distributes Smartphones With Agric Apps To Rice Farmers In Nigeria by onatisi(m): 7:10pm On Dec 01, 2016
greenermodels:
Guy, i haven't seen you for long? so which language would the application speak, nupe,gbagi,anambra igbo,ebonyi igbo,tiv,Hausa, ombaste? why I'm asking is because 99.99% of the rice farmers in Niger state can't probably read and write talkless of operating a smart phone, they have never complained about lack of a smart phone rather fertilizers is their biggest problem. and how come almost all the states are in the north, i thought they claimed anambra would soon harvest more than 2 million metric tongue of rice? sai baba.
The phone they are about to distribute will automatically detect the language of ita area. That phone can plant.harvest and even process the rice . It is a special brand of phone specially made for Nigeria farmers . In fact the ministry of agric should set up a whatsapp group and bbm for naija rice farmers.
Forget anambra ,dat guy thinks he can scam buhari.
Anambra farmers only need Mtn lines and recharge card

2 Likes

Re: FG Distributes Smartphones With Agric Apps To Rice Farmers In Nigeria by onatisi(m): 7:12pm On Dec 01, 2016
Tanimola26:
sometimes I wonder if our so caller leaders have brain. what would the phone do? They should have the money for fertilizers, herbicides, improved seeds and other things that would b beneficiary to d farmers. The real farmers are illiterate.
You never see anything. You should even be grateful that they are giving them phone,I thought they were going to give them.generators and solar panels.
Re: FG Distributes Smartphones With Agric Apps To Rice Farmers In Nigeria by goldman777: 7:13pm On Dec 01, 2016
I hope the smart phone is made in Nigeria,dumb government
Re: FG Distributes Smartphones With Agric Apps To Rice Farmers In Nigeria by onatisi(m): 7:13pm On Dec 01, 2016
Ti oro ba koja ekun
Erin lo ku.

If an issue goes beyond crying
Na laughter and jokes remain.

This apc government matter has gone beyond the issue of criticising or insulting them,what remains now is just to enjoy their comedy show of shame

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Distributes Smartphones With Agric Apps To Rice Farmers In Nigeria by goldman777: 7:20pm On Dec 01, 2016
this govt is tactically corrupt full stop
Re: FG Distributes Smartphones With Agric Apps To Rice Farmers In Nigeria by onatisi(m): 7:36pm On Dec 01, 2016
goldman777:
this govt is tactically corrupt full stop
You are still talking about tactically
Ok oo
Very very soon you will soon talk frankly

Re: FG Distributes Smartphones With Agric Apps To Rice Farmers In Nigeria by greenermodels: 7:38pm On Dec 01, 2016
onatisi:
Ti oro ba koja ekun
Erin lo ku.

If an issue goes beyond crying
Na laughter and jokes remain.

This apc government matter has gone beyond the issue of criticising or insulting them,what remains now is just to enjoy their comedy show of shame
i will report you to be banned for engaging in an act of national treason by criticizing our lord and saviour.
Re: FG Distributes Smartphones With Agric Apps To Rice Farmers In Nigeria by uzoexcel(m): 7:38pm On Dec 01, 2016
booking this space..i have a long write up coming up but i ll be called a conspiracy buff if i put it up here...still thinking

1 Like

Re: FG Distributes Smartphones With Agric Apps To Rice Farmers In Nigeria by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 7:46pm On Dec 01, 2016
Buhari is a dullard and the only thing that matters to him most is those his unhygienic cows... one day he will take them along in one of his numerous visit abroad...
Re: FG Distributes Smartphones With Agric Apps To Rice Farmers In Nigeria by odada74: 7:51pm On Dec 01, 2016
sammyj:
Will smart phone bring down the price of rice in the market!!! shocked shocked

they are mad . .. that's an additional cost
Re: FG Distributes Smartphones With Agric Apps To Rice Farmers In Nigeria by rhymaholic: 8:02pm On Dec 01, 2016
I think this phones were already ordered by the previous government, prior to them packing out of the villa. So, common sense demands that this present government must complete the project to avoid wastefulness.
Re: FG Distributes Smartphones With Agric Apps To Rice Farmers In Nigeria by onatisi(m): 8:41pm On Dec 01, 2016
rhymaholic:
I think this phones were already ordered by the previous government, prior to them packing out of the villa. So, common sense demands that this present government must complete the project to avoid wastefulness.
Well-done,oya clap for yourself.
Nobody go teach you. Infact I say once again well-done. Just continue as u are doing .u just keep thinking while they continue packing the money
Re: FG Distributes Smartphones With Agric Apps To Rice Farmers In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:42pm On Dec 01, 2016
afanide:

Not all farmers will benefit from this. One person will. The money they spent on those phones are enough to send the to other african countries for training if they wanted to waste money. How many farmers sabi operate Nokia torch Talk more of Android.

From all ur comments, it shows how irresponsible you think.

Nairaland is filled with folks like you. For instance, a topic "like Mr A gave Mrs B money", and it gets to front page, majority just come and comment without thinking.. 'Ahh mrs B is a prostitute, Mrs B this, Mrs B that' without verification, without thinking of the relationship btw both parties, without thinking of what led to the money been given etc. You people just wanna comment, make e no be like say u no comment.

Good luck with people taking you serious with your 'signature', a serious minded business person won't take you serious . I think its high time you apply much sense.. Thank you!!

1 Like

Re: FG Distributes Smartphones With Agric Apps To Rice Farmers In Nigeria by d4guy: 9:04pm On Dec 01, 2016
afanide:
Cluelessness...... Money that would have been used to subsidise fertilizer and make it even cheaper & accessable...

You want to tell me most of the farmmers cant afford an android phone? Even if they can't, would buying them one solve the scarcity of fertilizer?

EXPORTATION BUSINESS PACKAGE AVAILABLE. Check my signature below....
The trick is to encourage more youths to participate. That's all
Re: FG Distributes Smartphones With Agric Apps To Rice Farmers In Nigeria by Chuknovski(m): 9:39pm On Dec 01, 2016
onatisi:
eh!if I hear!!!!!

Buhari government is the beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessst government in the world

indeed
Re: FG Distributes Smartphones With Agric Apps To Rice Farmers In Nigeria by sammyj: 9:54pm On Dec 01, 2016
Happy birthday Bro.Long life and more prosperous moments to come!!![quote author=Willybos post=51550342][/quote]
Re: FG Distributes Smartphones With Agric Apps To Rice Farmers In Nigeria by rabex123(m): 10:07pm On Dec 01, 2016
afanide:
Cluelessness...... Money that would have been used to subsidise fertilizer and make it even cheaper & accessable...

You want to tell me most of the farmmers cant afford an android phone? Even if they can't, would buying them one solve the scarcity of fertilizer?

go and sleep.. Flat head talking about farming

Re: FG Distributes Smartphones With Agric Apps To Rice Farmers In Nigeria by Drabrah(m): 10:11pm On Dec 01, 2016
afanide:

Rather, d question is can they operate d phones? ??
Re: FG Distributes Smartphones With Agric Apps To Rice Farmers In Nigeria by mapet: 10:28pm On Dec 01, 2016
afanide:

The beauty of NL is that someone will shout "cluenessness"......... but when you see thier analysis...Gawd! it's like a mad man calling sane people mad
Re: FG Distributes Smartphones With Agric Apps To Rice Farmers In Nigeria by mapet: 10:30pm On Dec 01, 2016
Dc4life:
Still copying GEJ's policies left, right and centre? I thought you said he did or started nothing good.
Politics of deceit and not for common good is the cancer killing Nigeria.

If any policy of GEJ administration is good, does it make sense not to "Copy" it? You think everything should be reduced to petty squabbles?
Re: FG Distributes Smartphones With Agric Apps To Rice Farmers In Nigeria by mapet: 10:35pm On Dec 01, 2016
OHIsIManuEL:
If only this will reduce the price of rice, only if, but i guess it won't, misplaced priority, shei the app doesn't use Internet yet they wanted to increase data tariff, stupid
Meanwhile, check my signature
Unfortunately, many of you lot have little minds, not imaginative or cerebral enough to even reason out why the need for the initative. You take the easy way out, i.e. condemn in the most ignorant manner..............

In Kenya, concepts like this was used successfully to close the gap in financial inclusion, hence farmers and other artisans in remote location can access information and make financial transaction using apps ...........

But why do I care...... Ignorance is free and easy
Re: FG Distributes Smartphones With Agric Apps To Rice Farmers In Nigeria by mapet: 10:40pm On Dec 01, 2016
Handsomeemmy:
They are still going back to Gej idea, thought they said he is totally bad?

This is a modification of the idea. If anything is good from GEJ's era, let's continue with it. If anything is bad, let's drop it

A leader uses resources, who are the people he leads............. If you place the proposal infront of GEJ, trust me he may have no clue...... It was Dr. Akinwunmi who brought the idea back then, and was mainly for fertilizer distribution. This is a modification for rice value chain
Re: FG Distributes Smartphones With Agric Apps To Rice Farmers In Nigeria by mapet: 10:43pm On Dec 01, 2016
Weedcrusher:
Nice only if it is relevant. Why do we like deceiving ourselves in Africa and Nigeria in particular. We know that western world agricultural system has gotten to the level of using smartphone app to monitor their output, but must we copy all what they do. How will this smartphone app going to help a farmer still using cutlass and hoe to farm. I see this as a scheme for a corrupt politician to embezzle some money

...... Slow down

1. Who told you that the Rice plantersin the CBN-led anchor farmer/borrower program use hoe and cutlass? You need to find out about an initiative before you argue way off tangent.
2. I do not see logic in your arguement wrt App. You acknowledge developed world use it to rapidly increase their production, yet you fault the fact that we are embracing it.......so we should stick to hoe and cutlass?
Re: FG Distributes Smartphones With Agric Apps To Rice Farmers In Nigeria by mapet: 10:45pm On Dec 01, 2016
noeloge82:
I thought farmers will need seedling, pesticides, fertilizer and Agric extension staff more than a phone app

Is there any indication that these are not provided concurrently with the phone app? The phone app is simply to enhance the rapid development of rice farming strategy........ and not a replacement for any of those. I think we should read carefully and understand the context in which this is presented
Re: FG Distributes Smartphones With Agric Apps To Rice Farmers In Nigeria by mapet: 10:51pm On Dec 01, 2016
B4bestbrain:
Nice gesture though, but how many of our farmers Know how to operate smart phones?

How many of "our farmers" do you know? We are dealing with those in the big business of farming. The second largest private rice farmer is a 25 year old that left Diamond Bank. There are many farmer-businesses men with large expanse of land and sophisticated technology tools whose output account for a large proportion of crops in market. There are also small scale farmers who have basic understanding of the use of phones. Trust me, if it take no brain tasking to take a selfy, then what's the problem with an app that provide basic information, especially when each user of the App will be trained on its use
Re: FG Distributes Smartphones With Agric Apps To Rice Farmers In Nigeria by mapet: 10:52pm On Dec 01, 2016
globatop:

What is stupid about his comment.
If u are into Agric u will reason along the same line.
What assistance will phone provide in farming? If we must use app for Agric, should sharing phone be an option against subsidy on farm implements.
This govt has no think tank at all. We shall be planting rice on the Internet. Shameless program.

Your argument has shown that you are not into Agric, neither do you have a clue on Agri-business

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ooni Ogunwusi's Acres Of Cashew Plantation Excites NCAN / Dame Jonathan Commissions Nigeria’s Newly Acquired Fishing Vessel / Oil Palm Vs Cocoa Vs Cashew: Which Is More Profitable?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.