Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,293 members, 7,807,995 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:50 AM

"I Threw Away My Green Card" – Soyinka - Literature (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / "I Threw Away My Green Card" – Soyinka (59395 Views)

Jimmy Carter Got Me My Green Card, I Never Applied For It-soyinka / US Poll: Wole Soyinka Trends On Twitter For Saying He'll Destroy His Green Card / Wole Soyinka: "I Will Tear My Green Card If Donald Trump Wins" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "I Threw Away My Green Card" – Soyinka by tonukariochuko(m): 7:53pm On Dec 01, 2016
like anyone cares if he does so

1 Like

Re: "I Threw Away My Green Card" – Soyinka by Pchidexy(m): 7:53pm On Dec 01, 2016
Prof, you can lie o!
Re: "I Threw Away My Green Card" – Soyinka by MENELIK1: 7:56pm On Dec 01, 2016
MrTim0103:
I think the next thing the prof should do is 'barb his hair and shave his beard '
He is not an OSU
Re: "I Threw Away My Green Card" – Soyinka by shotster50(m): 7:57pm On Dec 01, 2016
blackprowler:
Nigerians and Soyinka! I laugh. Local champion. Nobody knows him. He just got the Africa quota for Nobel in Literature and we no hear word again for 30 years. Just so you know, musician Bob Dylan is this year's winner of the same prize and the guy didn't even bother to respond to the award for days. America is tired of all these hopeless people from failed societies calling themselves "writers" who can not do anything to better their countries. Shior!

I am really trying hard not to call the above daft.... I am not the man's biggest fan but I still have RESPECT for his achievements nonetheless... 'filling up a quota' you said.... You couldn't even manage that with 100 lives but you have mouth...
Re: "I Threw Away My Green Card" – Soyinka by exmoj: 7:59pm On Dec 01, 2016
he throw it on his p.a now...the card his with his p.a until he need it again
Re: "I Threw Away My Green Card" – Soyinka by lielbree: 8:02pm On Dec 01, 2016
Old man dey talk lie like small pikin angry
Re: "I Threw Away My Green Card" – Soyinka by CioAngels(f): 8:03pm On Dec 01, 2016
Nigerians, it is an Individual/Personal choice, so, he owes nobody any explanations. I guess it was a slip of tongue. He cannot and will not leave USA with all comfort for a country that is made dormant by our stealing politicians.
Re: "I Threw Away My Green Card" – Soyinka by castrokins(m): 8:10pm On Dec 01, 2016
Am Not Surprise, Buhari's Administration Is Such That Nobody Accepts Responsibility For Anything. Buhari Denied His Campaign Promises

Minister Of Communication Denied He's Aware Of Data Rate Increase.

Can You Blame Obasanjo?

khadaffi:

Obasanjo did not tear his PDP membership o! The man recently denied ever tearing the card.
Re: "I Threw Away My Green Card" – Soyinka by SaffronSpice: 8:16pm On Dec 01, 2016
blackprowler:
Nigerians and Soyinka! I laugh. Local champion. Nobody knows him. He just got the Africa quota for Nobel in Literature and we no hear word again for 30 years. Just so you know, musician Bob Dylan is this year's winner of the same prize and the guy didn't even bother to respond to the award for days. America is tired of all these hopeless people from failed societies calling themselves "writers" who can not do anything to better their countries. Shior!
"Nobody knows him",
yet you took the pains to criticize him.
What type of logic is that?
Re: "I Threw Away My Green Card" – Soyinka by blackprowler: 8:20pm On Dec 01, 2016
shotster50:

I am really trying hard not to call the above daft.... I am not the man's biggest fan but I still have RESPECT for his achievements nonetheless... 'filling up a quota' you said.... You couldn't even manage that with 100 lives but you have mouth...

No I can't. I wasn't comparing myself to him. I'm sorry for your brainwash
Re: "I Threw Away My Green Card" – Soyinka by eyeview: 8:25pm On Dec 01, 2016
mpowa:

The question is, how does what he does or doesn't do with his own green card affect your personal life? Because the way you guys carry this thing on your head, if you take your life half that serious you'll be a lot better for it.

And you call him liar, but you ppl know how to lie, where did he say he'll tear his green card publicly, you'll always be looking 4 ways to make ur useless arguments sound logical when it's not.
Watch the video
Re: "I Threw Away My Green Card" – Soyinka by macapie20(m): 8:25pm On Dec 01, 2016
powerfulsettingz:
Wow that's cool

To our other brothers Wu thinks soyinka won't keep is words. Hope u can swallow ur opinion abt the afonjas?

Meanwhile this hp is for sale
4gig ram with window 7 professional, 350 hard disk drive working perfectly well
Price is 40k locating is abeokuta
Any serious buyer should pm me
Afonja Spotted... Locating Is Ibadan, Omo See English.
Re: "I Threw Away My Green Card" – Soyinka by Nobody: 8:34pm On Dec 01, 2016
[quote author=rapistomenka post=51544720]Professor of Lies,a graduate of University of Liars with Lai Mohammed as your class mate.

We need evidence because throwing away has so many connotations. ...

"threw away inside his bag"

"threw away into his bank vault",

"threw away into the lagos lagoon " ...or simply thrown into his agbada pocket". Prof, we need clearer defination of "threw away".

If Soyink can make Jan. 20 equals Dec.1st,he can as well Tear a Green Card by throwing it into his E
Lol.....you are very funny
Re: "I Threw Away My Green Card" – Soyinka by BabaChelsea01(m): 8:36pm On Dec 01, 2016
come to naija and knows hw is it
Re: "I Threw Away My Green Card" – Soyinka by sunnymaja(m): 8:46pm On Dec 01, 2016
nokiaba3:
prof. u can lie oooo

It is unlawful to deliberately tear any country's passport. So Prof will not do it to avoid prosecution. You can't get away with it. So he played smart. Once he didn't go there again, he has technically dispensed it off
Re: "I Threw Away My Green Card" – Soyinka by francisbiz: 8:49pm On Dec 01, 2016
Atayis:
trump is great.wole soyinka is great.ARE U GREAT? .how does his green card affect you?
RESPONSE
1. Yes I am GREAT

2. Question 2 should be directed to soyinka: Wole Soyinka, how does your green card affect Trump?

I know your type, pretending to be neutral, but I know where you stand.
Maybe you should tell wole that Americans have decided, he should stop playing to the gallery, it could affect Nigerians living in US.
Re: "I Threw Away My Green Card" – Soyinka by orokwa(m): 8:56pm On Dec 01, 2016
Too bad,i know he wished he had kept his big nobel ass mouth up..............trump that will be there for a maximum of 8yrs and u don throw away ya green catd. Real wisdom sir.
Re: "I Threw Away My Green Card" – Soyinka by Ayoola171(m): 8:57pm On Dec 01, 2016
EdCure:
Is that really necessary?
That would be the peak of naivety and idiocy from an erudite professor...if he actually did it.

"Everyone realises how praiseworthy it is for a prince to honor his word and to be straightfoward...[but] a prudent man cannot, and must not, honour his word when it places him at a disadvantage..."

--Niccolo Machiavelli, "The Prince" (pp 56-57).

Confirmed Mafians manager's family. I hail thee.
Re: "I Threw Away My Green Card" – Soyinka by francisbiz: 8:58pm On Dec 01, 2016
shotster50:

The guy just stated facts and you went on the offensive, what has soyinka done for Nigeria if not cursing buhari in 1983, 2003, 2007, 2011 and blessing buhari in 2015. Americans don't take such a man serious.

I know you know, that soyinka will sing Donald Trumps praises in 2020, na him way.
Re: "I Threw Away My Green Card" – Soyinka by francisbiz: 9:00pm On Dec 01, 2016
tonukariochuko:
like anyone cares if he does so
Instead of telling us that he has retired.
Re: "I Threw Away My Green Card" – Soyinka by Adedoyin60(f): 9:12pm On Dec 01, 2016
i smell lies all arnd him undecided
threw koh caught ni
Re: "I Threw Away My Green Card" – Soyinka by sammyclassics(m): 9:15pm On Dec 01, 2016
okay I will pay him a visit someday and ask him where he threw d green card.
Re: "I Threw Away My Green Card" – Soyinka by nnol(m): 9:22pm On Dec 01, 2016
nice lie.
Re: "I Threw Away My Green Card" – Soyinka by NkayTiana(f): 9:29pm On Dec 01, 2016
Drop your contact, phone number, core what is the laptop?
powerfulsettingz:
Wow that's cool

To our other brothers Wu thinks soyinka won't keep is words. Hope u can swallow ur opinion abt the afonjas?

Re: "I Threw Away My Green Card" – Soyinka by mpire: 9:31pm On Dec 01, 2016
kellyshuga:
Why do u sound so dumb? Prof. Soyinka promised to tear his green card if Donald Trump wins, now he's apparently lying he threw it away. If you are one of the fools he expect to believe his bullshit, it's fine with you. Don't force his lies on everyone's throat.

Retarrd, I'm the one that sounds so dumb or you? You useless piece of trash, do you even know what a green card looks like? Has anyone in your generation ever stepped on an air plane to Ghana talk-less the US? Do you even know the procedure when you lose a green card? Do you know how many years left before Soyinka applies for his citizenship? Since most of you retarrds on Nairaland have no life than to be using the data you can't afford for useless jargons that has nothing to do with your pathetic lives. I'll help you waste the money you don't have. You don't even have a pathetic Nigerian passport and you're busy worrying about someone tearing his green card. Just jump into a well and save the world from another lunatic.

1 Like

Re: "I Threw Away My Green Card" – Soyinka by powerfulsettingz: 9:41pm On Dec 01, 2016
macapie20:
Afonja Spotted... Locating Is Ibadan, Omo See English.
Ode oponu like he never use an android
Re: "I Threw Away My Green Card" – Soyinka by jackbennie: 9:45pm On Dec 01, 2016
powerfulsettingz:
Wow that's cool

How abt 30k
Re: "I Threw Away My Green Card" – Soyinka by powerfulsettingz: 9:52pm On Dec 01, 2016
jackbennie:

How abt 30k
Laye never
Re: "I Threw Away My Green Card" – Soyinka by paramakina202: 9:54pm On Dec 01, 2016
An old man like Wole shouldn't be talking through his azz.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The Church Girl Christian Romance. A Short Story. / Chimamanda Adichie And Lupita Nyong'o's Outfits Recreated By Little Girls / Diary Of A Love Sick Writer By Angelsss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.