Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,455 members, 7,808,625 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:26 PM

"I Threw Away My Green Card" – Soyinka - Literature (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / "I Threw Away My Green Card" – Soyinka (59398 Views)

Jimmy Carter Got Me My Green Card, I Never Applied For It-soyinka / US Poll: Wole Soyinka Trends On Twitter For Saying He'll Destroy His Green Card / Wole Soyinka: "I Will Tear My Green Card If Donald Trump Wins" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "I Threw Away My Green Card" – Soyinka by shotster50(m): 10:10am On Dec 02, 2016
francisbiz:

The guy just stated facts and you went on the offensive, what has soyinka done for Nigeria if not cursing buhari in 1983, 2003, 2007, 2011 and blessing buhari in 2015. Americans don't take such a man serious.

I know you know, that soyinka will sing Donald Trumps praises in 2020, na him way.

What facts did he state please? These are all personal opinion... nothing to do with reality
Re: "I Threw Away My Green Card" – Soyinka by shotster50(m): 10:14am On Dec 02, 2016
blackprowler:

No I can't. I wasn't comparing myself to him. I'm sorry for your brainwash

Brinwashed? That he is a renowned and esteemed playwright? Y'all pseudo conspiracy theorists make me laugh
Re: "I Threw Away My Green Card" – Soyinka by Meesquared(m): 10:17am On Dec 02, 2016
tear for where. Make I here. picture or Adonbilivit
Re: "I Threw Away My Green Card" – Soyinka by glossy6(f): 11:23am On Dec 02, 2016
Until I see you for Okoko market, I won't believe you
Re: "I Threw Away My Green Card" – Soyinka by mayorchelsea(m): 12:48pm On Dec 02, 2016
kellyshuga:
lol...I have nothing to say to you. Peace be unto u.
keep your peace,I don't do this but sometimes, I do it to prove that we all can fight dirty but some of us chose to be reasonable.I only did this to prove that.
Re: "I Threw Away My Green Card" – Soyinka by francisbiz: 4:24pm On Dec 02, 2016
shotster50:

What facts did he state please? These are all personal opinion... nothing to do with reality
Okay, just as yours are personal opinion!
Re: "I Threw Away My Green Card" – Soyinka by francisbiz: 4:36pm On Dec 02, 2016
Atayis:
my bro,Wole soyinka is not the only person that will say unfulfilled promise.so i dont know the reason u guys are deriding him.what we should dream of is for our names to be on spotlight instead of pokenosing what concern us not.does the card affect u?pls,stop being tribalist.
Aha! I have got you where I wanted; tribal abi? Okay. So this is why you can't, for once tell the truth.
You have on all occasions, on this issue breached intellectual procedure; you have been busy attacking personalities, instead of telling us the merits or objectives for
1. Swearing to tear his green-card if Trump triumphs.
2. Telling us that he has torn his green card.
Re: "I Threw Away My Green Card" – Soyinka by Nobody: 7:21pm On Dec 02, 2016
francisbiz:

Aha! I have got you where I wanted; tribal abi? Okay. So this is why you can't, for once tell the truth.
You have on all occasions, on this issue breached intellectual procedure; you have been busy attacking personalities, instead of telling us the merits or objectives for
1. Swearing to tear his green-card if Trump triumphs.
2. Telling us that he has torn his green card.

i expect you to tell Soyinka to cut his head off.i believed he was ignorant when he said it,but,he has realized his mistake.bro,should he go to jail because of his tirade on Trump during the electioneering campaign?and to please the haters,he said he would leave america.so,if u were in his shoe,would u prefer to go to jail because of what you say ignorantly.Your clamour can never be fulfilled by Soyinka,you are just wasting ur time and his worthy life will only become a bane for you.So i will advise you to stop vituperation and face your challenges.thank you.
Re: "I Threw Away My Green Card" – Soyinka by shotster50(m): 7:56pm On Dec 02, 2016
francisbiz:

Okay, just as yours are personal opinion!

Far from it... making belittling and baseless statements is different... However I have had enough of Soyinka's debate for a day
Re: "I Threw Away My Green Card" – Soyinka by hero2000: 8:43pm On Dec 02, 2016
From the majority of posts on the thread 3 things are obvious to me:

1. Integrity doesn't mean much to the children of these days. Soyinka said he was leaving US if Trump wins.(that is the meaning of the 'tear green card').

2. There is a certain disrespect for elders which I believe comes from a certain region which has ties to Uganda. Most of them, their grandfather is not yet 82 yet they spew insults on the honourable man. A man who spent 22months in jail for supporting their failed attempt at secession!

3. Education is really deficient in Nigeria. One would think with internet on their phone they can check information. If you ask many of what Nobel prize means, they come up blank. For your info if Prof applies for residency in any country in Europe he would get it IMMEDIATELY.

1 Like

Re: "I Threw Away My Green Card" – Soyinka by macapie20(m): 10:18pm On Dec 02, 2016
powerfulsettingz:

Ode oponu like he never use an android
AFONJA, AFONJA, AFONJA. YOUR PHONE YOUR HEADACHE
Re: "I Threw Away My Green Card" – Soyinka by basadenet: 6:33pm On Dec 03, 2016
We don't believe prof and for Nigerians to belief, kindly show us the shredded or destroyed copy of the green card.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The Church Girl Christian Romance. A Short Story. / Chimamanda Adichie And Lupita Nyong'o's Outfits Recreated By Little Girls / Diary Of A Love Sick Writer By Angelsss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.