Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,568 members, 7,809,070 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:20 PM

Worship Of Holy Mary - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Worship Of Holy Mary (432 Views)

Holy Mary Or Subtle Demon? / No Man Can Serve Two Masters: Jesus And "Holy Mary" / Christianity, Idolatory And Worship Of Four "Fake" Jesus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Worship Of Holy Mary by xtivin(m): 10:24pm On Dec 01, 2016
I think Jesus himself clarified this issue while he was yet around in flesh. On two occasion was he confronted with the importance of his mother and brethren and he made it clear that they are of less importance to him. First scenario is recorded at Luke 11:27-28 "And it came to pass as he spake these things, a certain woman of the company lifted up her voice and said unto him, Blessed is the womb that bare thee, and the paps which thou has sucked.28 But he said, Yea rather blessed are they that hear the word of God and keep it.

Then scenario 2 is recorded at the same Luke 8:20-21 20 And came to him by certain which said Thy mother and thy brethren stand without, desiring to see thee. 21. And he answerd and said unto them, My mother and my brethren are these which hear the word of God and do it.

From these clear passages there is no doubt jesus was not too concern about his mother I wonder where the hype arise. To make it clearer, it was just for formalities sake that God sent his only son as a man, the same formality also played out at his baptism by john. Catholics over to you

1 Like

Re: Worship Of Holy Mary by PointZerom: 4:35am On Dec 02, 2016
Catholics are the number one Idol worshipers in the whole world.

1 Like

Re: Worship Of Holy Mary by Chiedu4Trump: 6:42am On Dec 02, 2016
OP well written but catholics may miss the point.

Edit it and bold somewhere like " Blessed is the womb that bare thee, and the paps which thou has sucked.28 But he said, Yea rather blessed are they that hear the word of God and keep it."
Then explain that Jesus did not encourage Mary golrification.

Bold "My mother and my brethren are these which hear the word of God and do it." and explain that Jesus did not encourage Mary golrification.

Infact if we are to be sincere, Mary is NOT the mother of Jesus.
Though she gave birth to Jesus.

That's why on the cross Jesus avoided calling Mary mother.
Notice he avoided calling mary mother, but called her woman.

John 19:25-27King James Version (KJV)

25 Now there stood by the cross of Jesus his mother, and his mother's sister, Mary the wife of Cleophas, and Mary Magdalene.

26 When Jesus therefore saw his mother, and the disciple standing by, whom he loved, he saith unto his mother, Woman, behold thy son!

27 Then saith he to the disciple, Behold thy mother! And from that hour that disciple took her unto his own home.

Jesus never called mary mother, notice at canaan.

John 2
3 And when they wanted wine, the mother of Jesus saith unto him, They have no wine.

4 Jesus saith unto her, Woman, what have I to do with thee? mine hour is not yet come.

In case the catholics say that Mary got Jesus to do things ahead of time, remind them of the samaritan woman too.

Mark 7: (KJV)

25 For a certain woman, whose young daughter had an unclean spirit, heard of him, and came and fell at his feet:

26 The woman was a Greek, a Syrophenician by nation; and she besought him that he would cast forth the devil out of her daughter.

27 But Jesus said unto her, Let the children first be filled: for it is not meet to take the children's bread, and to cast it unto the dogs.

28 And she answered and said unto him, Yes, Lord: yet the dogs under the table eat of the children's crumbs.

29 And he said unto her, For this saying go thy way; the devil is gone out of thy daughter.

Jesus was just merciful.

My brothers in Jesus, the Church of Jesus is full of heresy and occult leaders.
Re: Worship Of Holy Mary by xtivin(m): 12:07pm On Dec 02, 2016
2 Peter 2:3 "And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not"

God is good...Here peter forewarned the church about business men in suit out to make money by saying what men what's to hear..As a christian I flee from any church that doesn't teach me the bible but rather preach selfish sermons like "witches in your father's house" and speaking always lusty words of the flesh. Infact with the bible you can do wonders

Brethrens BEWARE

(1) (Reply)

Religious Sects That Existed Before The Church / Bias In The Religion Section / Dead Boy Resurrect To Life At Prophet Shepherd Bushiri's Church(video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.