Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,931 members, 7,806,693 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:04 PM

Ribadu Names Nigerians Who ‘Frustrated’ Fight Against Corruption - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ribadu Names Nigerians Who ‘Frustrated’ Fight Against Corruption (40739 Views)

We Want You Back Now, APC Tells Nuhu Ribadu / This Picture Says A Lot About Buhari's Fight Against Corruption / How EFCC Almost Arrested Aisha Buhari’s Impostor – Ribadu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ribadu Names Nigerians Who ‘Frustrated’ Fight Against Corruption by braining01: 7:48am On Dec 02, 2016
I grin grin am so proud of my TRIBESMEN
Re: Ribadu Names Nigerians Who ‘Frustrated’ Fight Against Corruption by Omeokachie: 7:51am On Dec 02, 2016
Political olosho.
When you were trying people on the pages of newspapers and disobeying lawful court orders, you thought everyone will fold their arms and not challenge your impunity?

1 Like

Re: Ribadu Names Nigerians Who ‘Frustrated’ Fight Against Corruption by ojtech8291: 7:52am On Dec 02, 2016
Wayo...... He is crying out. Tell that man to go and sit down. The names are not completed without his name.

1 Like

Re: Ribadu Names Nigerians Who ‘Frustrated’ Fight Against Corruption by FILEBE(m): 7:53am On Dec 02, 2016
deji15:
Any surprise at the names?
Prof Ben Nwabueze ?? Chief Proponent of Corruption.
Then you have long list of Yorubas as anti corruption crusaders even to the extent that SAN's are rendering their services free of Charge..
Pro Yemi Osibanjo SAN
Mr Femi Falana
Gani Fawhinmi
Tayo Oyetibo SAN
Rotimi Jacobs SAN

Etc..

what is the meaning of this now?
must your tribalize everything? ha!
Re: Ribadu Names Nigerians Who ‘Frustrated’ Fight Against Corruption by FILEBE(m): 7:54am On Dec 02, 2016
deji15:
Then you have long list of Yorubas as anti corruption crusaders even to the extent that SAN's are rendering their services free of Charge..
Pro Yemi Osibanjo SAN
Mr Femi Falana
Gani Fawhinmi
Tayo Oyetibo SAN
Rotimi Jacobs SAN

Etc..

na wa o. Must u bring tribes into this? what is wrong with us?
Re: Ribadu Names Nigerians Who ‘Frustrated’ Fight Against Corruption by InvertedHammer: 7:58am On Dec 02, 2016
Cadamlk:
I wonder why PMB did not include this guy in his cabinet.
/
He and FFK jumped ship at the dying minute.

Big political miscalculation on their part.

But FFK got a good pay day out of it.
\

1 Like

Re: Ribadu Names Nigerians Who ‘Frustrated’ Fight Against Corruption by adimsmt: 7:58am On Dec 02, 2016
SuperS1Panther:

How does all these jargon you wasted your time to type justify supporting corruption and corrupt people?

If you cannot comprehend what he saying please go back to school. Because he is on point.
Re: Ribadu Names Nigerians Who ‘Frustrated’ Fight Against Corruption by fujirice: 8:05am On Dec 02, 2016
basilo102:

Lawyers went law school to win cases using the laws of the land and not some "moralist" grandstanding
You get plenty time replying these people.
People that call themselves educated yet when they unveil their reasoning you just have to wonder at the kind of education they have.
I wonder why Ribadu is after lawyers. Apart from their daily bread, I see nothing (absolutely nothing) wrong in a lawyer defending an accused person. If EFCC's lawyers didn't do their home work well why should they be blaming their opponents for doing theirs well.
I see no sense in what he said about lawyers frustrating the efforts of the EFCC, unless he is trying to tell us that their lawyers are incompetent. You don't just prosecute people by mare accusations just because you have the powers to do so.

1 Like

Re: Ribadu Names Nigerians Who ‘Frustrated’ Fight Against Corruption by buffalowings: 8:06am On Dec 02, 2016
Cadamlk:

It is better that way

1 Like

Re: Ribadu Names Nigerians Who ‘Frustrated’ Fight Against Corruption by johnsonjosbles(m): 8:07am On Dec 02, 2016
AnonyNymous:

I don't think so
He ran as ACN's candidate in 2011
get ur fact right, he ran as ACN presidential candidates in 2011, he also ran as PDP governorship candidates Adamawa State in 2015. ask wikipedia if u doubt
Re: Ribadu Names Nigerians Who ‘Frustrated’ Fight Against Corruption by dacovajnr: 8:10am On Dec 02, 2016
Emassive:
Failed state of the Nation only opens up when they are not in power anymore. I just hope Magu can hold the likes of Ngige, Orrji, Tinubu, Ameachi, FFK, obanikoro, fashola, Peter odili, Oduaghan, dickson, Godswill A and the likes to cough up all looted funds they have today as investments so he won't tell us stories like Ribadu keeps doing in all press briefings.

Still Wondering how you Managed to exclude Fayose from your list while his Accomplice is on the same list

1 Like

Re: Ribadu Names Nigerians Who ‘Frustrated’ Fight Against Corruption by deolu2000(m): 8:11am On Dec 02, 2016
Cadamlk:
he is not a "technocrat", rembr that only ppl with vast knowledge in their fields are currently serving in PMB's cabinet. Lols

1 Like

Re: Ribadu Names Nigerians Who ‘Frustrated’ Fight Against Corruption by jamace(m): 8:11am On Dec 02, 2016
That list is watery.

Where is Obj, the father of gra-gra? This man has done more damage to this country that one can imagine.

Where are all the past heads of states lobbying to set their godsons free?

Where are the big big pastors which some call daddy? Their influence is very subtle but effective in thwarting justice.

What of the big big imams/sultan/other northern powerful men?

I'm sure Ribadu is waiting for the above personalities to die before he can expose their evils. Fear fear Ribadu..
Re: Ribadu Names Nigerians Who ‘Frustrated’ Fight Against Corruption by remedick: 8:12am On Dec 02, 2016
rose54321:
I wouldn't mind a Ribadu presidency.
Nigerians don't care so much about tribe once the person is learned and intelligent.

Once you hear tribal criticism on any politician it shows the person is an adamu. Mr. president take note.
You are my sweet heart on here but I think you failed to include that Nigerians think along tribe and religion. That is our greatest undoing. I like Ribadu cos he really tried during his tenure. however, that seems to have changed lately.

We need to break from the strong hold of godfatherism before we can make a headway for ourselves as nation. When shall we have a 35 year old president?
Re: Ribadu Names Nigerians Who ‘Frustrated’ Fight Against Corruption by blackprowler: 8:18am On Dec 02, 2016
If you're an upright man in this country, YOU WILL DIE A FAILURE. It suffices to say that those who have made it up the ladder in Nigeria have sold their soul right from the first rung of the ladder. They come here to claim they're working for Nigeria, but they will undermine you if you decide to come and "help" them since they haven't seemed to make any headway over the decades with their "work". This includes all the "activists" you hear about. In Nigeria, the fundamental reason for any action is self-gain. Altruism and patriotism has a grave in Nigeria
Re: Ribadu Names Nigerians Who ‘Frustrated’ Fight Against Corruption by tobiasbeecher: 8:18am On Dec 02, 2016
obajoey:
Corrupt people fighting corruption. But oga Jona really allowed so many things to happen under him.
Did you even read what Ribadu said at all? You are here mentioning Jonathan because your brain has been programmed to call Jonathan in everything. If I may ask you, did Nuhu Ribadu serve under Jonathan? So what rubbish are you talking about?

1 Like

Re: Ribadu Names Nigerians Who ‘Frustrated’ Fight Against Corruption by ihatesycophant(m): 8:19am On Dec 02, 2016
freeze001:

I knew I would see this kind of statement or post because some people are incurable tribal bigots.

Prof Ben Nwabueze is the No. 1 authority when it comes to Constitutional law and the constitutionality of any action by the government. He had every reason to question the constitutionality of the creation and powers of the EFCC and he rightfully did so.

The fact that some dolt doesn't understand the role/activity of a lawyer does not make such person a corrupt element. Prof has never and will never be on the payroll of any politician. I can't say the sane for all those u have listed here with the possible exception of the late Gani Fawehinmi.
So you're prof Ben's accounting officer that you even know where his daily bread come from. Young boy, don't deceive yourself, you mean he has not been employed by politicians to defend them in all his sojourn as a constitutional lawyer? Please face front and stop defending what you cannot stand in front of God and defend. Mr. Man, no known high flier lawyer that is not on the payroll of politicians because every high flier politician has family lawyer that are under their beck and call. Even Gani you mentioned was under the payroll of some the then AD's governors.
Re: Ribadu Names Nigerians Who ‘Frustrated’ Fight Against Corruption by bignero: 8:22am On Dec 02, 2016
deji15:
Pro Yemi Osibanjo SAN
Mr Femi Falana
Gani Fawhinmi
Tayo Oyetibo SAN
Rotimi Jacobs SAN

Etc..

this shows your incompetent to have a valid intellectual discourse...either your smallboy or an old in a small boys body...either way u only hungry people reason like you
Re: Ribadu Names Nigerians Who ‘Frustrated’ Fight Against Corruption by Nobody: 8:24am On Dec 02, 2016
Kleptos looted naija blind under the ineffectual bufoon while the dumb nomad is doing nothing tangible with recovered loot!..#there was a country!
Re: Ribadu Names Nigerians Who ‘Frustrated’ Fight Against Corruption by NOETHNICITY(m): 8:25am On Dec 02, 2016
basilo102:

Lawyers went law school to win cases using the laws of the land and not some "moralist" grandstanding
Maybe the yoraba lawyers supporing the EFCC did not go to law sch. Think about it.
Re: Ribadu Names Nigerians Who ‘Frustrated’ Fight Against Corruption by tete7000(m): 8:29am On Dec 02, 2016
Segadem:
....hmmmmm, but what happens to the word that says: "there's dignity in labour"

armed robbers, kidnappers, militants also fight for their daily bread

Justice demands that people be given right to defend themselves. It beholds on efcc to build a fool-proof case. Their incompetence and corruption within their own ranks too is one of reasons why the prosecutions fail. How did Ibori escaped efcc in Nigeria but got jailed in UK? Because they are more thorough, they know media trial don't win cases, so they did thorough investigation, collect fool-proof evidences and built solid case to convict him.
Re: Ribadu Names Nigerians Who ‘Frustrated’ Fight Against Corruption by tobiasbeecher: 8:32am On Dec 02, 2016
freeze001:

And how did Prof Ben Nwabueze attempt to prevent justice from taking its course? Go and read up and do some research so u don't produce ignorant stuff here though that is most likely all u are capable of but I'm magnanimous enough to give you the benefit of doubt.

I'll help you: Read if u can and identify where Prof Ben supported corruption according to you :

http://ugowrite..com.ng/2016/03/efcc-is-nigerias-most-corrupt.html?m=1

Read this also:

Challenging the constitutionality of the EFCC is what Ribadu is offended about because he saw it has his source of daily bread and clout being attacked and this was done as far back as 2007 and earlier from d time EFCC was created. Who would want to have the coveted position of Chairman of EFCC taken away because he was occupying an unconstitutional office?
Wow thanks for this but I will advise you to leave that tribal bigot to wallow in his hatred and ignorance. Even with this he will still come up with another useless defence.
Re: Ribadu Names Nigerians Who ‘Frustrated’ Fight Against Corruption by ransomed: 8:32am On Dec 02, 2016
basilo102:

::- Remember that laws take root from Morality. Thanks.
Re: Ribadu Names Nigerians Who ‘Frustrated’ Fight Against Corruption by kstix(m): 8:33am On Dec 02, 2016
basilo102:
So the lawyers will not hustle for their daily bread?? blame your own legal team for incompetence
And someone with a thinking like urs would get to a place of power tomorrow and we would be expecting u to act different? Very unfortunate. Afterall, u too will be fighting for ur daily bread by looting.
Re: Ribadu Names Nigerians Who ‘Frustrated’ Fight Against Corruption by Rexnegro(m): 8:33am On Dec 02, 2016
basilo102:
So the lawyers will not hustle for their daily bread?? blame your own legal team for incompetence
You re wrong bro, most lawyers especially The ones defending the wrong/looters clients don't want The case to be settled they prefer the case to be elongated so as to continue collecting money #greed
Re: Ribadu Names Nigerians Who ‘Frustrated’ Fight Against Corruption by kstix(m): 8:35am On Dec 02, 2016
basilo102:
your comparison is just funny
How is it funny? He made valid comparisons. Very spot on
Re: Ribadu Names Nigerians Who ‘Frustrated’ Fight Against Corruption by objobj: 8:39am On Dec 02, 2016
Cadamlk:

obviously you just woe up from sleep
Re: Ribadu Names Nigerians Who ‘Frustrated’ Fight Against Corruption by tobiasbeecher: 8:43am On Dec 02, 2016
kstix:

And someone with a thinking like urs would get to a place of power tomorrow and we would be expecting u to act different? Very unfortunate. Afterall, u too will be fighting for ur daily bread by looting.
Shut Mr man, so defending an accused person is tantamount to be defending corruption abi? So lawyers should not practice what they are trained to do? The guy you quoted is far more sensible than you! To you, an accused person is already guilty and should not have any legal representation. People with your type of reasoning is the reason why Nigeria is still so backwards. For us to move forward we need to do away with people like you.

1 Like

Re: Ribadu Names Nigerians Who ‘Frustrated’ Fight Against Corruption by ransomed: 8:44am On Dec 02, 2016
Some people love corruption to the extent that what their father could not finish, they are still doing it today. They want Nigeria to break up at all cost using any means. They love anarchy, disorderliness, fraud, drug , babies factory, kidnapping, robbery and all sorts of heinous crime. It shall never be well with evil doers.

1 Like

Re: Ribadu Names Nigerians Who ‘Frustrated’ Fight Against Corruption by drnoel: 8:44am On Dec 02, 2016
Cadamlk:

Cos it would have been vendetta and Nigeria is still struggling to recover from Bubu's mission to destroy the country
Re: Ribadu Names Nigerians Who ‘Frustrated’ Fight Against Corruption by ihatesycophant(m): 8:49am On Dec 02, 2016
fujirice:

You get plenty time replying these people.
People that call themselves educated yet when they unveil their reasoning you just have to wonder at the kind of education they have.
I wonder why Ribadu is after lawyers. Apart from their daily bread, I see nothing (absolutely nothing) wrong in a lawyer defending an accused person. If EFCC's lawyers didn't do their home work well why should they be blaming their opponents for doing theirs well.
I see no sense in what he said about lawyers frustrating the efforts of the EFCC, unless he is trying to tell us that their lawyers are incompetent. You don't just prosecute people by mare accusations just because you have the powers to do so.
If you don't understand his (Ribadu) message why not just keep quiet and pretend you see nothing. Well, since you refused to understand his message. Of what use is someone that claimed he's a constitutional lawyer, will close his eyes to the same constitution he said he knows? How would a man of his stature take EFCC to court to claim what constitutional right EFCC has to prosecute corrupt people, when he's aware the ACT that established EFCC is also guaranteed by Nigeria Constitution which empowered the state to regulate the law for its operation, taking into cognisance the same EFCC ACT promulgated by ACT of National Assembly. In all he failed in his bid. It's the samething that Fayose's lawyer Mike Ozo something is doing taking EFCC to court that they don't have right to freeze Fayose's account even after so many precedence at the glare of the public. Well, he also failed. The question you should ask is, were they trained to keep blind eye on the law. They are trained to defend the law and argue it with fact not to rigmarole.
Re: Ribadu Names Nigerians Who ‘Frustrated’ Fight Against Corruption by kstix(m): 8:53am On Dec 02, 2016
tobiasbeecher:

Shut Mr man, so defending an accused person is tantamount to be defending corruption abi? So lawyers should not practice what they are trained to do? The guy you quoted is far more sensible than you! To you, an accused person is already guilty and should not have any legal representation. People with your type of reasoning is the reason why Nigeria is still so backwards. For us to move forward we need to do away with people like you.
See where ur sense has gone. Now who was Nwabueze defending? He just made it his life's work to frustrate d Efcc to gain recognition from d corrupt individuals. Who says defending ain't a lawyers job? Did u even read the post? Maybe ur "sense" level was inadequate to grasp what it meant.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Does Bayelsa Have The Best Federal Roads? What I Saw (Pictures, Video) / El-rufai Returns To Nigeria After Widespread Rumours Of Being Dead. Pictures / Why Chad Withdrew Troops From Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.