Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,221 members, 7,780,420 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 01:58 PM

Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers - Car Talk (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers (83355 Views)

11 Mistakes Most Nigerian Car Owners Make / Highlander For Volvo XC 90 / Urgent HELP Needed: Transmission Issues For Volvo S80 2.9L (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers by LeJeun3: 8:17pm On Sep 03, 2021
radautoworks:
I like this. Just because you're a Volvo enthusiast you don't run around as if everything they produce is magical. You are honest about their faults unlike some other brand enthusiasts. Kudos.

Make we kuku throwaway all other brands except Toyota na....

Re: Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers by radautoworks: 3:07pm On Sep 05, 2021
LeJeun3:

Make we kuku throwaway all other brands except Toyota na....

great idea

1 Like

Re: Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers by kloser(m): 7:16am On Sep 07, 2021
Good day everyone, pls I once used a 2000 Volvo S80 but had some issues with the power shutting down while driving, I wanna buy an xc90 ,kindly advise on which year of production to avoid
Re: Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers by valarinz: 10:03am On Sep 07, 2021
kloser:
Good day everyone, pls I once used a 2000 Volvo S80 but had some issues with the power shutting down while driving, I wanna buy an xc90 ,kindly advise on which year of production to avoid

Go for 2007 model upwards

1 Like

Re: Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers by Tajsagay(m): 3:55pm On Sep 07, 2021
valarinz:

Good afternoon boss. I use a 2005 S80 (2.9)

Which engine oil do you recommend. Went to to one garage and they put hardex now when the engine is running it's smoking from the oil gauge opening.
Re: Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers by 2felix(m): 4:24pm On Sep 07, 2021
valarinz:

Thought 2006 T5 is best for a starter and affordable maitaince ?
Re: Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers by valarinz: 8:00pm On Sep 07, 2021
Tajsagay:

Good afternoon boss. I use a 2005 S80 (2.9)

Which engine oil do you recommend. Went to to one garage and they put hardex now when the engine is running it's smoking from the oil gauge opening.

Volvo recommends Castrol boss.

Look for Castrol 5W30 or Castrol 5W40
Re: Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers by valarinz: 8:01pm On Sep 07, 2021
2felix:

Thought 2006 T5 is best for a starter and affordable maitaince ?

Not really, it only has comparatively insignificantly better mpg ratings, every other aspect ita below the 3.2l 6cyl engine that startes from 2007 models to 2014 models

1 Like

Re: Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers by 2felix(m): 8:34pm On Sep 07, 2021
valarinz:

Not really, it only has comparatively insignificantly better mpg ratings, every other aspect ita below the 3.2l 6cyl engine that startes from 2007 models to 2014 models
valarinz:

Really?
What of cost of transmission and engine cost? Learnt costs btw the two models the difference is much as well as other parts
Re: Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers by valarinz: 6:52am On Sep 08, 2021
2felix:

Really?
What of cost of transmission and engine cost? Learnt costs btw the two models the difference is much as well as other parts

They share same parts apart from engine and gear.

Currently, the 5cyl engine is more expensive than the 3.2l 6cyl engine, but for components like compressor, alternator and steering pump, the 3.2l 6cyl is more expensive

On a more serious note, i shouldn't be trying hard to convince people to dump older cars and move on, except of course finance is the main reason for not looking forward

2 Likes

Re: Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers by 2felix(m): 8:58am On Sep 08, 2021
valarinz:

They share same parts apart from engine and gear.

Currently, the 5cyl engine is more expensive than the 3.2l 6cyl engine, but for components like compressor, alternator and steering pump, the 3.2l 6cyl is more expensive

On a more serious note, i shouldn't be trying hard to convince people to dump older cars and move on, except of course finance is the main reason for not looking forward

Thanks boss
Re: Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers by gem70: 12:32pm On Sep 08, 2021
hello folks. I need advice on Volvo XC90.. 07,08 09... Is this a good car? regarding maintenance and parts?

Thanks in advance
Re: Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers by valarinz: 8:49am On Sep 12, 2021
gem70:
hello folks. I need advice on Volvo XC90.. 07,08 09... Is this a good car? regarding maintenance and parts?

Thanks in advance

Say no more, seek out a clean unit and buy.. Cheers
Re: Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers by opeyemix: 10:12am On Sep 17, 2021
Pls how do I join the Volvo group 08122495755
Re: Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers by RZArecta(m): 7:13pm On Oct 22, 2021
Saw this beauty for $900, nothing wrong with it. Baba said he's just tired of the car after getting a new one grin

PS, standard price for this in America is way higher (closer to $5000)

Re: Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers by valarinz: 11:06am On Oct 23, 2021
RZArecta:
Saw this beauty for $900, nothing wrong with it. Baba said he's just tired of the car after getting a new one grin

PS, standard price for this in America is way higher (closer to $5000)

Get it, it's a great choice
Re: Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers by RZArecta(m): 12:32pm On Oct 23, 2021
valarinz:

Get it, it's a great choice
I was actually searching for other equipment when this came across my face. Would really love to get it but not enough funds
Re: Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers by naivasha: 12:48pm On Nov 02, 2021
Good day all,

Experts in the house, please would you recommend the 2011 or 2012 S60 as a good option for daily commuting?

If yes, between those two years which one is preferable? Any specific trim to avoid or consider?

Thanks in advance.

P.S. I am based in Lagos in case that is a factor.

cc Valarinz
Re: Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers by ade95: 3:23pm On Nov 02, 2021
naivasha:
Good day all,

Experts in the house, please would you recommend the 2011 or 2012 S60 as a good option for daily commuting?

If yes, between those two years which one is preferable? Any specific trim to avoid or consider?

Thanks in advance.

cc Valarinz

I’m addition to this please highlight probable maintenance routine / economy .. thanks
Re: Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers by valarinz: 6:59pm On Nov 02, 2021
naivasha:
Good day all,

Thanks in advance.

cc Valarinz

I guess you love the shape of the car, if that's it, get it and try and steer clear of Lagos road rage, the body parts are still quite a dilemma to acquire for now

If its the engine or general Volvo brand, why not look into the S80 and XC60, built on same platform, same engine specs but easier to get the body parts

1 Like

Re: Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers by naivasha: 7:37pm On Nov 02, 2021
valarinz:

I guess you love the shape of the car, if that's it, get it and try and steer clear of Lagos road rage, the body parts are still quite a dilemma to acquire for now

If its the engine or general Volvo brand, why not look into the S80 and XC60, built on same platform, same engine specs but easier to get the body parts

Thanks a lot boss, I appreciate the info.

Regarding the options of S80 or XC60, actually I am on the lookout for a compact sedan and my understanding is that the S40 and S60 are Volvo's offerings in this class and my choice would be one or the other. I expect that the S80 is a bit 'bigger' and also the XC60 is an SUV therefore I did not consider them.

You're right I do like the design of the S60 but asides that, if possible I don't want a vehicle that is more than ten years old. The last Volvo I owned and drove was many years ago - 244 GL I believe it was. Now I'm looking to get back into one of these lovely vehicles.

Once again thanks a lot. Any further advice is welcome smiley
Re: Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers by Eldemmi(m): 8:29am On Nov 06, 2021
RZArecta:
I was actually searching for other equipment when this came across my face. Would really love to get it but not enough funds

which state is the car in USA sir and re u in USA yourself
Re: Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers by RZArecta(m): 9:53am On Nov 06, 2021
Eldemmi:

which state is the car in USA sir and re u in USA yourself
Chicago, the car has been sold but I'm in Nigeria
Re: Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers by Eldemmi(m): 9:10pm On Nov 09, 2021
RZArecta:
Chicago, the car has been sold but I'm in Nigeria

eyahhh... we move bro

2 Likes

Re: Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers by kloser(m): 7:11am On Dec 09, 2021
valarinz:

took your advice, thanks
Re: Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers by kloser(m): 7:16am On Dec 09, 2021
valarinz:

pls which ATF and Ebgine oil can I use for my XC90
Re: Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers by valarinz: 7:34am On Dec 09, 2021
kloser:

Volvo recommends Castrol

2 Likes

Re: Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers by dru23(m): 9:38am On Dec 09, 2021
kloser:

2 Likes

Re: Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers by kloser(m): 11:34am On Dec 09, 2021
[quote author=dru23 post=108342472][/quote]thanks, for ATF nko
Re: Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers by dru23(m): 12:10pm On Dec 09, 2021
kloser:
thanks, for ATF nko

First of all .. When it comes ATF fluid the "rule of thumb" . is you don't change fluid unless u have to do so . if the ATF is still pinkish in color . kindly leave it alone. If it is dark in color u than change it .. Changing fluid when not needed can damage ur transmission .....

In regards to ATF type

2 Likes

Re: Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers by kloser(m): 1:37pm On Dec 09, 2021
Thanks
Re: Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers by kloser(m): 3:07pm On Dec 09, 2021
Would love to join the Volvo group....how do i

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (Reply)

My Stolen Toyota Camry Has Been Found Alongside The Thief In Lagos / 'Are You Okay, You Call This A Car?' – Lady Rages At Boyfriend Over Car Gift / How Man Drives His Ferrari Out Of His House Everyday (Hilarious Video, Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.