Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,284 members, 7,807,960 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:09 AM

Frank To Abdullahi: You Can't Speak For APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Frank To Abdullahi: You Can't Speak For APC (541 Views)

Mike Asukwo Apologises To Abdullahi Over Fuelscarcity Cartoon Based On Fake News / Okorocha: "Tinubu Crying More Than The Bereaved; Atiku’s Departure Sad For APC" / Any Attempt To Expel Me Will Break APC, Timi Frank To Oyegun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Frank To Abdullahi: You Can't Speak For APC by agwom(m): 6:01pm On Dec 02, 2016
The suspended deputy national publicity secretary of All Progressives Congress (APC), Timi Frank, says Bolaji Abdullahi, who was named the party's spokesman on Thursday, may be charged for contempt of court if he tries to speak for the governing party.

Frank, who addressed journalists in Abuja on the appointment of the former minister of sports, described the North-Central Congress, where his election was upheld via voice vote as a meeting of APC friends whose decision cannot stand the test of time.

He said, "Another act of impunity has been executed once more by my party and the national chairman. Those people behind what took place know the truth. They know what they did will not stand the test of time. I can assure you, Oyegun cannot retire me from politics. He's my father. He'll go before me.

"Bolaji Abdulahi is not yet the publicity of the APC. He is a nominee till the National Convention ratifies his position. I respect Bolaji so much. But we should not be desperate to occupy political position.

"It is only the National Convention that can ratify his position as substantive National Publicity Secretary. I'll fight and resist my position because I'll not allow anyone to rubbish me. No meeting was held by any caucus of the party.

"I read online that my chairman compromised his conscience. We have to investigate the allegation that Oyegun collected N10 million and Prado jeep to conduct the zonal convention. The President must direct security agencies to investigate this allegation against the National Chairman.

"I want to appeal to the media not to take any statement yet from Bolaji Abdullahi because his position has not been ratify by National Convention. If he does, I'll charge him for contempt of court."

Frank had been fighting to be recognised as the APC spokesman since Alhaji Lai Mohammed left the position over a year ago to become the Minister of Information. His wish was turned down when the party declared that the national chairman and national secretary should be speaking on behalf of the party pending the emergence of a new spokesman.

He later sued the party and its national chairman for not recognising him as the acting spokesman in absence of national publicity secretary.

Read more at http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/politics/frank-to-abdullahi-you-can-t-speak-for-apc/174220.html#hKTQAQVIBYtlYISU.99

Re: Frank To Abdullahi: You Can't Speak For APC by Jelomy: 8:50pm On Dec 02, 2016
You are still rambling Mr. Frank..

(1) (Reply)

Igbos Are The Most Truthful Nigerians - Okorocha / Breaking: IPOB Dares Army, Launches Operation David Dance / Buhari Shuns S’east Economic Summit After IPOB Warned Him Not To Enter Igbo Land

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.