Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,781 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:50 PM

Resigned After 2 Days, See Why - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Resigned After 2 Days, See Why (36183 Views)

"Why I Resigned From N-Power": My Story and the Lessons (Photo) / How I Resigned From My #55,000 Job To Become Self Employed / I Resigned After Receiving My Salary: Help, Am I In Trouble? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Resigned After 2 Days, See Why by kenex4ever(m): 8:55am On Dec 03, 2016
Chanchit:
I remember when i just finished secondary school, I really wanted to work. I got a job at one hair attachnent factory,I was happy when I was posted to a section where the cut papers, those cardboards that has the female models, they told me my job discriptions, part of it was to carry cardboard, easy abi? mehn, before i could carry the whole cardboard to the machine, like three bar don miss from my life span. It was then I looked around, the guys on the job are hefty guys, the machine started looking as if it eould cut my hand. Na so I just step out as if I want to ease my self, I washed my face and the next place I found my self was home, yh, I just resigned under 30mins, I know Im lazy, thank you.
u are not lazy.

U are smart

10 Likes

Re: Resigned After 2 Days, See Why by nmreports: 8:55am On Dec 03, 2016
Please please and please, kindly visit www.HRtechnique.com check our contact page and send us a message please.
If you have same experience also and is willing to mention the organization.

1 Like

Re: Resigned After 2 Days, See Why by johnsonjosbles(m): 8:57am On Dec 03, 2016
CyberStalking:
Baba, pls help us drop the name because most of these slave camps stil constantly patrol naira land looking young 4 slaves to render useles$ (pls anybody dat knows any company, schools, banks, telecoms etc that always delay salaries, illigal deductions or any form of modern slavery u know pls post the name, evidence if u can it wil help people to stir clear)
all banks because they can render u jobles anyday witout reason

2 Likes

Re: Resigned After 2 Days, See Why by idu1(m): 8:58am On Dec 03, 2016
badooo:
ison bpo... that's modern slavery... and who dis gossip heart comparing usa working condition with 9ja... u must b a learner
this is on bop most be really bad.

Where she dey?
Re: Resigned After 2 Days, See Why by CyberStalking: 8:58am On Dec 03, 2016
GossipHeart:

These are the people that made you resign from that wonderful job you managed to get
baba if not for your age I for say make thunder...
Make I gist dem small. I Finished nysc that was paying 19800, den the next applied one yeye coy and got the offer of less than 17k /mnth I worked so hard wit duties even up to the extent of flushing my boss toilet + he started using us to cut grass sef, but we were employed as engineer$. dat first month I was paid 5k as my salary while others who were owed 5 months got nothn yet the busines was moving fine. So later after many months of not paying plus insults. DEN i resigned to become freelance as a multiskilled service provider now i have no fixed income bt d least i rake/mnth is 35k and i have my 24hrs to my self. Right now in mylife the only job i can take is one that pays above 150k n not a one manshow or indians china + usa slave masters. Oneday I wil write my full story on nairaland how I was used like rag and still got no pay. despite all

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Resigned After 2 Days, See Why by southernbelle(f): 9:03am On Dec 03, 2016
cheesy cheesy cheesy
You are so funny.
Chanchit:
I remember when i just finished secondary school, I really wanted to work. I got a job at one hair attachnent factory,I was happy when I was posted to a section where the cut papers, those cardboards that has the female models, they told me my job discriptions, part of it was to carry cardboard, easy abi? mehn, before i could carry the whole cardboard to the machine, like three bar don miss from my life span. It was then I looked around, the guys on the job are hefty guys, the machine started looking as if it eould cut my hand. Na so I just step out as if I want to ease my self, I washed my face and the next place I found my self was home, yh, I just resigned under 30mins, I know Im lazy, thank you.

5 Likes

Re: Resigned After 2 Days, See Why by idealsico(m): 9:13am On Dec 03, 2016
This brings the slave master Engr. Emeka Unachukwu and his Morflex nonsense companies to mind. He would tactically refuse to issue you letter of appointment. You would have to work months without receiving your salary. He is only good at carrying small girls and driving the latest cars. How he rose to lead Port Harcourt Chamber of Commerce Industry Mines and Agriculture (PHCCIMA) I dont know.

2 Likes

Re: Resigned After 2 Days, See Why by Dexema(m): 9:15am On Dec 03, 2016
vislabraye:

shocked shocked . Is that a concentration camp ?
Hahaha! And the annoying thing is that these jobs offer zero chance of promotion or salary reviews, deductions are even more common sef.

5 Likes

Re: Resigned After 2 Days, See Why by dangotesmummy: 9:19am On Dec 03, 2016
sweetgala:
Do we have labour laws in Nigeria. Why would employee be put through inhuman circumstances
we have series of laws but none are enforceable

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Resigned After 2 Days, See Why by gift3d(f): 9:20am On Dec 03, 2016
Didoris:
yes, same with me, I left my previous Sch few days into November for a bigger one not knowing is just structure and full of shit. u clean n sweep ur classroom urself, d owner barks at people at will, using insulting words and name calling . you dont walk ,staff run up n down d sch wen been called. unexplained deductions n so on. got paid yesterday and av decided to save my life.
Is it a british school?
Re: Resigned After 2 Days, See Why by emmanuelbrown26: 9:20am On Dec 03, 2016
Dats why i like arab countries, they will stage a protest but here in naija we are all cowards, imagine somebody here requesting for the coy so dat he will apply. IF WE STAGE A PROTEST I WILL BE THE NUMBER ONE TO SHOW UP

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Resigned After 2 Days, See Why by sagacious2016: 9:20am On Dec 03, 2016
Chanchit:
This guy is just so funny.
I had same experience working as a manager in a supermarket in Lagos. Mon through Saturday, 8am to 9am. Mehn it was hell. Resigned after few months. Now in my farm. Crop will soon hit the market and I can then diversify into animal husbandry too.

No time to say no time.

13 Likes

Re: Resigned After 2 Days, See Why by jahlid(m): 9:23am On Dec 03, 2016
CyberStalking:

thank God u tookoff fast. Pls mention the name of the company to save the younger ones the stress.
And for all those still comming behind. If you hear: BOND CHEMICALS Oyo & AFRICAN MARITIME ACADEMY Oyo . Pls run as fast as you can & take cover
abeg add prism steel rolling mill ikirun to that list. to survive working there u jst have to take hard drugs or else....

7 Likes

Re: Resigned After 2 Days, See Why by olureignforever: 9:23am On Dec 03, 2016
Naff24:
Exactly what am feeling and going through right now, its as if this thread is meant for me, right now I feel like resigning with immediate effect.
I am d only worker that sits from morning till evening without resting a bit, Mondays to Saturdays, yet the only way Director can pay you back is to rubbish your hardwork and jeopardized your efforts.
I have cried my eyes out several times yet nothing can be done than to resign, I am tired!!

I would have love to resign but I stays in Staff Quarters in which our rents are being deducts from our salaries. If I should resign now, I will have to evacuate the house and my rent will due by March.
Pls what do I do to ease this pain and have happiness? cry cry cry

You"ll need to cope with the conditions for now, Save some cash and look out for another job. The frustration of not getting job is worst except you have something you can be managing before you get another job. How I cope with such situations is that I turn deaf ears, blind eyes till I find my way. It not easy though especially if you don't have my kind of temperament. Shalom

3 Likes

Re: Resigned After 2 Days, See Why by MChaze25(m): 9:25am On Dec 03, 2016
Yea had such a job one time like that and I called their bluff as fast as a lightening. Dropped my resignatoion on them at the least expected time. yeye people

1 Like

Re: Resigned After 2 Days, See Why by sholla20(m): 9:25am On Dec 03, 2016
Even if you name this companies and they get confronted by any organisation, they will still look for a way to get over their employees, since they are privately owned. where I currently work is an example of that, the owner always finds a way to fight us back. I just want to get somewhere else and run.
Re: Resigned After 2 Days, See Why by sisisioge: 9:27am On Dec 03, 2016
We will get to that point where labour laws are taken seriously...in the not so distant future .
Re: Resigned After 2 Days, See Why by posh8701: 9:27am On Dec 03, 2016
BizBloke:

Just imagine! Why can't the government enforce an 'over-time pay' requirement?

Why should someone work for over 8 hours without compensation?
The workers live in fear and cannot even talk properly, my dear I had to run for my life ooo
Re: Resigned After 2 Days, See Why by Ekykool(m): 9:28am On Dec 03, 2016
The most disheartening is that the Nigerian managers appointed by these foreign organizations play to the tune of treating people like slaves.

Nigerians are more wicked to fellow Nigerians.

10 Likes

Re: Resigned After 2 Days, See Why by Nobody: 9:32am On Dec 03, 2016
Didoris:
yes, same with me, I left my previous Sch few days into November for a bigger one not knowing is just structure and full of shit. u clean n sweep ur classroom urself, d owner barks at people at will, using insulting words and name calling . you dont walk ,staff run up n down d sch wen been called. unexplained deductions n so on. got paid yesterday and av decided to save my life.
Lol.
Reminds me of the school I taught in immediately after NYSC. Students were so rude to teachers, I didn't even blame them_ some of their pocket money was more than the salary (12400).
On the third day, I actually showed up at work three minutes late, and the women said she'll deduct 200 from my salary.

'before they could finish morning assembly, I was in my house. grin

Our labour union isn't doing nada, more reason employers frustrate employees, customers will still come and frustrate you. You're expected to take everything because there is no job out there. I can't lose my dignity,sanity and self-respect on top any job. The day an irate customer threatened he'll slap me and nothing will happen, I was laughing_ 'cos I knew he would have gotten double.

8 Likes

Re: Resigned After 2 Days, See Why by zikter(m): 9:32am On Dec 03, 2016
Onegai:
Stop waiting for NLC to fight for you. Nothing stops you guys from organising a protest. You will be surprised at the outcome. Don't march against one particular company, organise 1000 people here to show up on a particular day to protest poor working conditions in general. Blogs will cover the story, at least one news crew will show up. Make it a general complaint but mention no names of any company: poor working conditions, no overtime pay, salary deductions and mention how foreigners seem to doing it the most. All you need is a few of you to organise everyone else and give the interviews. Do you know how many journalists are looking for stories to sell to international news sites? That is how to become a Labour leader. You really think NPF will show up against a huge crowd somewhere in Lagos and be shooting you guys? Govt leaders will stylishly try and join your protest to advance their agenda, they are looking to scoring populist votes. This means your safety is assured. Unlike religious and secessation protests.

Use the tools you have to do more than insult the govt ineffectually and talking about celebrities.
makes a lot of sense

2 Likes

Re: Resigned After 2 Days, See Why by posh8701: 9:33am On Dec 03, 2016
emmanuelbrown26:
Dats why i like arab countries, they will stage a protest but here in naija we are all cowards, imagine somebody here requesting for the coy so dat he will apply. IF WE STAGE A PROTEST I WILL BE THE NUMBER ONE TO SHOW UP
Exactly my thoughts, why are people so scared in this country, we need to enforce change, cowards everywhere

5 Likes

Re: Resigned After 2 Days, See Why by posh8701: 9:36am On Dec 03, 2016
Ekykool:
The most disheartening is that the Nigerian managers appointed by these foreign organizations play to the tune of treating people like slaves.

Nigerians are more wicked to fellow Nigerians.
You know why the Nigerian managers enslave people? such companies have very wicked strategies, they pay a few top executives well with better conditions of service and use them to enslave the others.

5 Likes

Re: Resigned After 2 Days, See Why by Naff24(f): 9:39am On Dec 03, 2016
olureignforever:

You"ll need to cope with the conditions for now, Save some cash and look out for another job. The frustration of not getting job is worst except you have something you can be managing before you get another job. How I cope with such situations is that I turn deaf ears, blind eyes till I find my way. It not easy though especially if you don't have my kind of temperament. Shalom
Hmm..well said bros, I pray may God elevate us all soonest

1 Like

Re: Resigned After 2 Days, See Why by Demmzy15(m): 9:39am On Dec 03, 2016
SweetJoystick:

Abeg how I fit take apply for the job?
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Lmao!!!! grin grin grin grin grin [/font]
Re: Resigned After 2 Days, See Why by Naff24(f): 9:41am On Dec 03, 2016
Nma27:
God of Abraham will surely elevate you... Keep believing.
Amin Jesu, thanks dearie

1 Like

Re: Resigned After 2 Days, See Why by Nobody: 9:43am On Dec 03, 2016
What kind of company... is it a construction company?

posh8701:
After the company I had worked for 3 years plus announced they were leaving Nigeria due to the harsh economic situation, I was happy when I secured another job on 30th of November 2016, which was the last day of my previous job. I couldn't wait to share my testimony here, lol.

Upon resumption, I realised people worked like horses for the company(Monday to Saturday)with no overtime bonus for working till about 10, 11pm if u have to, the best u get is a hotel room for the night if you can no longer go home. I was the only one going out for break and closing by 5.I understood because I was new, they didn't want to complain and wanted me to settle down. Hmmmmm, see work Oooooo. Although I had heard of such companies It was beginning to dawn on me that I had just gotten into one.

I terminated my appointment and no amount of persuasion from the management could stop me (If the offer is so cool, they should give it else with my experience and pay the person, shikena!)Why beg me?

I know the situation in Nigeria is terrible and many people doing such jobs are holding on till they get another job, its not easy to bear, sincerely.Employers especially Lebanese are taking the advantage to enslave Nigerians. Unfortunately, our government is still asleep.

I resigned because my circumstances at the moment does not demand for me to work under such poor conditions of service. But then, not every Nigerian has same circumstances and can take such a bold step.It is really heart breaking to see people suffer like this.

Have u worked under such conditions before? please share.
Re: Resigned After 2 Days, See Why by PURITYAUTOZ: 9:44am On Dec 03, 2016
My brothers, I pray that one day God will heal this country..I had my own experience too this time fully owned Nigeria company (logistics), I worked there for 6months and it wasn't funny. Got #50k as salary no pension, no health insurance only the salary. The most annoying part is that the MD is a lady, who doesn't know anything but to shout and insult her staffs. Most of our drivers are Yorubas and aged people come see the way she rained insult on them. I resigned because I spoke with one of our client and cos of that my salsry was slash by half. And funny enough all the drivers and other staffs are owning me money even till date. I got another job just 2 weeks after that this time to Indian owned coy, but my dear am treating them like trash, I go to work anytime and close anytime I told them that they can sack me if they like but I wouldnt release their vehicle to them until they pay me off. I attended one interview in Abuja from Lagos and there I saw our some people are anjoying. It's an NGO firm, my dear they treat their staffs like kings and queens, you can imagine they refunded my Tfare money and paid for my hotel. God will help us..

2 Likes

Re: Resigned After 2 Days, See Why by cletz991(m): 9:47am On Dec 03, 2016
Chanchit:
LWKMD!
Re: Resigned After 2 Days, See Why by Ekykool(m): 9:48am On Dec 03, 2016
posh8701:
You know why the Nigerian managers enslave people? such companies have very wicked strategies, they pay a few top executives well with better conditions of service and use them to enslave the others.

So it is about the pay ? I can't imagine myself treating a fellow human in an inhuman way. You need to see the extent Nigerian managers treat junior members of staff just to please the foreign top management. I feel sad knowing many Nigerians are going through this wickedness daily just to put food on their table.

7 Likes

Re: Resigned After 2 Days, See Why by Bizibi(m): 9:50am On Dec 03, 2016
I'm waiting fr those people that will mock the op fr resigning in this recession

3 Likes

Re: Resigned After 2 Days, See Why by posh8701: 9:51am On Dec 03, 2016
adewumiopeyemi:
in this harsh economy wey work no dey like that u stil manage to resign
That was why I said my circumstances dozent permit me to suffer now, if my circumstances were different I probably will be locked down like my colleagues, who likes to suffer?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

His Experience With Female Banker(marketer) / Which Course Is More Lucrative To Study In Nigeria? / Two Mexicans Fired From A Factory And The Rest Decided To Leave With Them.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.