Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,775 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:43 PM

2019: First Term Governors Begin Moves For Re- Election Bids - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019: First Term Governors Begin Moves For Re- Election Bids (10604 Views)

2019: Two-term Governors Set Stage To Upstage Sitting Senators / Buhari Begin Moves For 2019, Sets Up Secret Committee To Ensure His Return / Looters Risk 20yrs In Jail As Reps Moves For Economic And Financial Crimes Cour (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2019: First Term Governors Begin Moves For Re- Election Bids by Ahmadgani(m): 6:08am On Dec 03, 2016
Many first term governors are starting to weigh their options as they near their second year anniversary. They basically are setting up structures and gauging the political waters for their plots.

It has been a rough ride since they got sworn in, especially with the worsening economy and the many legal tussles some of them faced. However, the next two years and some months, according to political watchers would witness increased political activities as the governors begin to consolidate. While none of the governors have openly admitted they nurse an ambition for a second term, sources close to some of them indicate that negotiations are on to actualise such hopes.

A source in one of the states told LEADERSHIP Weekend that there is no doubt that the helmsman there is gearing up for a second term bid. The source who does not want his name in print said that apart from various nocturnal meetings, the governor is gradually building up a formidable campaign structure.

He said, “my boss is interested in a second term. He holds meetings every now and then and I know they are high powered political and strategy meetings.”

Although viewed as inexperienced and not having a structure, many first termers have since built a powerful “political machine”, in the words of one of the sources who spoke to LEADERSHIP Weekend. He said that when a particular governor was sworn in, he inherited the political structure of his predecessor but has since dislodged it. He said, “what he did was to quietly build a team of core loyalists who are now entirely with him. He has isolated the other people because he wants to be his own man. Even in his choice of cabinet members, he may soon remove tendencies that are not originally with him.”

Beyond setting up structures, some of the governors are increasingly wooing the electorate with populist policies. A nagging challenge is that of salaries. So many of them are working round the clock to ensure prompt payments of workers entitlements, even as they strive to develop infrastructures. This may increase in the coming months as they get to the critical stage of the tenure.

http://leadership.ng/news/562275/2019-first-term-govs-begin-moves-for-re-election-bids

Re: 2019: First Term Governors Begin Moves For Re- Election Bids by Nobody: 6:21am On Dec 03, 2016
I am against 2nd term for any governor.

If you want to know the rationale behind my stand, evaluate the performance of Fashola in his first tenure and compare it with that of his second tenure

Carry out the same evaluation in Ondo, evaluate the performance of Mimiko in his first tenure with that of his second term.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: First Term Governors Begin Moves For Re- Election Bids by SamuelAnyawu(m): 6:33am On Dec 03, 2016
Rochas 1st tenure- Excellent

Second Tenure--- Abysmal cry

Senator Samuel Anyanwu

1 Like

Re: 2019: First Term Governors Begin Moves For Re- Election Bids by olawaleplus(m): 6:37am On Dec 03, 2016
save @ambode, Obiano, Ganduje & Tambuwa, none deserves another shot

2 Likes

Re: 2019: First Term Governors Begin Moves For Re- Election Bids by Sunnymatey(m): 6:53am On Dec 03, 2016
Whether 1st or 2nd, they all have common goal, TO LOOT.

6 Likes

Re: 2019: First Term Governors Begin Moves For Re- Election Bids by Aburi001: 10:13am On Dec 03, 2016
Instead of all these Morons to intensify their efforts on good governance, seek for foreign investors, pay workers salaries, fix infrastructures etc.

They're busy perfecting strategies on how to either right or win the next Election when they don't even know if they will be alive till 2019.

I pity those masses killing themselves for these thieves called Politicians. They will come here on Nairaland fighting eWar as if them go win Grammy Award.

1 Like

Re: 2019: First Term Governors Begin Moves For Re- Election Bids by Jafar1: 10:14am On Dec 03, 2016
EastGold:
If you want to know the rationale behind my stand, evaluate the performance of Fashola in his first tenure and compare it with that of his second tenure
Carry out the same evaluation in Ondo, evaluate the performance of Mimiko in his first tenure with that of his second term.
true that, but most governors may be forced to abandon unfinished project if they are are not voted second time
Re: 2019: First Term Governors Begin Moves For Re- Election Bids by Nobody: 10:15am On Dec 03, 2016
But why do these people want to repeat class na?
Re: 2019: First Term Governors Begin Moves For Re- Election Bids by gen2briz(m): 10:15am On Dec 03, 2016
Second term báwo... So four years is not okay for them to loot.

1 Like

Re: 2019: First Term Governors Begin Moves For Re- Election Bids by Nobody: 10:15am On Dec 03, 2016
olawaleplus:

El rufayiii nko grin
Re: 2019: First Term Governors Begin Moves For Re- Election Bids by Amazondepth(m): 10:15am On Dec 03, 2016
From evidence on ground, only Ambode can open his mouth and voice such ambitions. If Kogi and Benue govnors try that stunt, Thunder go fire their lineage

10 Likes

Re: 2019: First Term Governors Begin Moves For Re- Election Bids by HQuadreal: 10:16am On Dec 03, 2016
Nigeria Politics.
Re: 2019: First Term Governors Begin Moves For Re- Election Bids by Adiwana: 10:16am On Dec 03, 2016
EastGold:

Yea but on majority but there's a few exceptions. like Sullivan chime performed absolutely well on both tenures

3 Likes

Re: 2019: First Term Governors Begin Moves For Re- Election Bids by henritinecy(m): 10:16am On Dec 03, 2016
Re: 2019: First Term Governors Begin Moves For Re- Election Bids by steppin: 10:16am On Dec 03, 2016
They did nothing in their first tenure and here they are, seeking for another.
It was during the time of GEJ/Jega people could vote out a sitting governor like Ohakim.
Now, it's impossible to do that.

3 Likes

Re: 2019: First Term Governors Begin Moves For Re- Election Bids by theSpark(m): 10:18am On Dec 03, 2016
If I have my way I'll amend the Constitution so that a governor is entitled to a term of 5 years only, after which he's ineligible for reelection.

Same as president.

We'll save ourselves from these guys that'll want to deify themselves in just 8 years.

4 Likes

Re: 2019: First Term Governors Begin Moves For Re- Election Bids by omowolewa: 10:18am On Dec 03, 2016
That is natural, two terms and retire to NASS.
Re: 2019: First Term Governors Begin Moves For Re- Election Bids by webo16: 10:19am On Dec 03, 2016
Make them develop their respective states first
Re: 2019: First Term Governors Begin Moves For Re- Election Bids by Dongreat(m): 10:20am On Dec 03, 2016
This is all what we have as a nation. The natural resources of "POLITICS", because it's a full time job and very lucrative for any criminal and illiterate minded who happens to acquire wealth fraudulently. It's all about the next election and no thought of the poor, vulnerable and deprived people that vote them in. "It's my turn to steal mentality so next election please". Shamefully it's the same poor, deprived, and unexposed youths that will be the ones spreading their gospel for peanuts. To be fair on ourselves, Nigerians are sick, very shamefully and mentality sick, perhaps it's the tales of hope preached every Sunday or just born lazy or scared to lose what they don't have (basic amenities) or happy in poverty, to believe same recycled politicians. I am so keen to know what will be their campaign promises; Good road, 24hrs power, quality education? Words that I have heard since birth and probably will die bot enjoying them in this country.
Voters, boycott the next election and see how powerful you all are in a democracy settings. Force the politicians to be your donkeys since they see it as doing us favor by looting us blindly.

1 Like

Re: 2019: First Term Governors Begin Moves For Re- Election Bids by Nobody: 10:24am On Dec 03, 2016
Chime became a tyrant in the second tenure.

He evicted his wife from the government house

He sacked his deputy for no just reason

He spent most of the time abroad attending to his nose problems, with Enugu state money.

Adiwana:

Yea but on majority but there's a few exceptions. like Sullivan chime performed absolutely well on both tenures

3 Likes

Re: 2019: First Term Governors Begin Moves For Re- Election Bids by Mcowubaba: 10:28am On Dec 03, 2016
Some have not yet started working, the are looking for reelection...
Mumu people

Cc Governor Ikpeazu of Abia State.
Him and his media propaganda like his criminal predecessor Thief A Orji...
Abia State is the worst state in terms of Governance, infrastructure and services...

Nnamdi Kanu (who is from Abia State) is worried about Buhari that is from Dauda or Tinubu in Lagos, while animals from his own state are squandering his State allocation, IPOB should direct their protest to South East Governors, the have collectively failed and stolen from the region.

If IPOB stands up against South East Governors, senators, house members, leaders etc, I WILL PERSONALLY SUPPORT THE BIAFRA STRUGGLE WITH ALL MY MIGHT, STRENGTH AND ENERGY, till then IPOB are deceiving themselves!!!!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019: First Term Governors Begin Moves For Re- Election Bids by Thisis2raw(m): 10:29am On Dec 03, 2016
Good luck to them
Re: 2019: First Term Governors Begin Moves For Re- Election Bids by afanide: 10:31am On Dec 03, 2016
This shouldnt make news. Everyone gets sick at a point so why is his making air

Want to Start EXPORTATION/BUSINESS (Bitterkola, Ginger & Cocoa Powder)?

Contact me via my signature below... ONLY SERIOUS PEOPLE please.
Re: 2019: First Term Governors Begin Moves For Re- Election Bids by dhardline(m): 10:32am On Dec 03, 2016
Work Don end be that. No more doing anything for the people but for themselves till second term resumes.

1 Like

Re: 2019: First Term Governors Begin Moves For Re- Election Bids by HAH: 10:32am On Dec 03, 2016
olawaleplus:

please remove Ganduje from this list, what has he achieved apart from fighting kwankwaso.

I think the best are Ambode, Bindow, Tambuwal, Obiano, Iyade. And Bagudu

El rufai is showing a prospect but for now is mainly propaganda we can give him benefit of doubt.

Worse are Bauchi, Niger, Jigawa, Kano Plateau, Benue, Rivers, akwaibom, abia and Ebonyi

NB, list is for 1st term governors
Re: 2019: First Term Governors Begin Moves For Re- Election Bids by FagsamPHP(m): 10:32am On Dec 03, 2016
EastGold:

The Truth...
Re: 2019: First Term Governors Begin Moves For Re- Election Bids by Adiwana: 10:33am On Dec 03, 2016
EastGold:
Chime became a tyrant in the second tenure.

He evicted his wife from the government house

He sacked his deputy for no just reason

He spent most of the time abroad attending to his nose problems, with Enugu state money.

The Eviction of his wife is his personal problem&sacking of Deputy,that's normal politics being played in Nigeria.As for Nose problems, don't know much about that but we are talking of Governance in 2nd term&you won't deny he arguably did better than his first tenure.He still continued his previous projects&did well for 2nd term

1 Like

Re: 2019: First Term Governors Begin Moves For Re- Election Bids by Nobody: 10:42am On Dec 03, 2016
-
Re: 2019: First Term Governors Begin Moves For Re- Election Bids by SycophanticGoat: 12:04pm On Dec 03, 2016
olawaleplus:

I prefer Ngige there than Obiano.. undecided
Re: 2019: First Term Governors Begin Moves For Re- Election Bids by MrigweC(m): 12:34pm On Dec 03, 2016
Mcowubaba:
Some have not yet started working, the are looking for reelection...
Mumu people

Cc Governor Ikpeazu of Abia State.
Him and his media propaganda like his criminal predecessor Thief A Orji...
Abia State is the worst state in terms of Governance, infrastructure and services...

Nnamdi Kanu (who is from Abia State) is worried about Buhari that is from Dauda or Tinubu in Lagos, while animals from his own state are squandering his State allocation, IPOB should direct their protest to South East Governors, the have collectively failed and stolen from the region.

If IPOB stands up against South East Governors, senators, house members, leaders etc, I WILL PERSONALLY SUPPORT THE BIAFRA STRUGGLE WITH ALL MY MIGHT, STRENGTH AND ENERGY, till then IPOB are deceiving themselves!!!!

Am from abia state but am yet to see any sign of development coming from the state since that governor took over

1 Like

Re: 2019: First Term Governors Begin Moves For Re- Election Bids by virtuedagirl(f): 2:04pm On Dec 03, 2016
HOW WELL HAVE THE REALLY PERFORMED?[color=#990000][/color]

(1) (2) (Reply)

FG To Earn $2bn From New Cash Call Policy / Osun 2018: PDP Kicks Off Campaign / Atikulators Watch These Numbers And Hold Your Breath!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.