Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,380 members, 7,800,765 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:16 AM

What To Do When Your Surbordinate Insults You & Your Boss Does Nothing About It? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What To Do When Your Surbordinate Insults You & Your Boss Does Nothing About It? (590 Views)

Npower: Hurling Insults At Umar Sadiya Must Stop-volunteers Apologized / What Is The Most Painful/hurtful Thing Your Boss Has Ever Said To You? / How Do You Tell Your Boss You Want To Go For An INTERVIEW? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What To Do When Your Surbordinate Insults You & Your Boss Does Nothing About It? by Goodplace: 8:43am On Dec 03, 2016
I work as junior manager in one of the cinemas in Nigeria. And i have been politely insulted by my subordinate previously. but One of my far subordinate insulted me yesterday when i instructed her to get something for me with regards to the job the she ignored me and beaconed with her hands that i should get out. This got me so angry that i went to meet her and shouted on her harshly and she walked out from the premises without returning that day. when i explained to a higher boss who practically is not operating from our location she talked with her on phone and she told her to come back and start working. And i ask myself. Is this not a total disregard for my personality that will further bring more insults from her and others? Please advice.
Re: What To Do When Your Surbordinate Insults You & Your Boss Does Nothing About It? by Nobody: 8:52am On Dec 03, 2016
hmmm...
Re: What To Do When Your Surbordinate Insults You & Your Boss Does Nothing About It? by paulGrundy(m): 10:06am On Dec 03, 2016
Goodplace:
I work as junior manager in one of the cinemas in Nigeria. And i have been politely insulted by my subordinate previously. but One of my far subordinate insulted me yesterday when i instructed her to get something for me with regards to the job the she ignored me and beaconed with her hands that i should get out. This got me so angry that i went to meet her and shouted on her harshly and she walked out from the premises without returning that day. when i explained to a higher boss who practically is not operating from our location she talked with her on phone and she told her to come back and start working. And i ask myself. Is this not a total disregard for my personality that will further bring more insults from her and others? Please advice.

You are dealing with a very manipulative surbodinate, its possible after she walked out on you, she narrated a totally different story to your boss and then played the victim.

You have to be very careful. Next time when giving her instructions, do it by mail, or ensure that other surbodinates are there when you instruct her.
Re: What To Do When Your Surbordinate Insults You & Your Boss Does Nothing About It? by saxwizard(m): 10:14am On Dec 03, 2016
the elders are on their way. .chill
Re: What To Do When Your Surbordinate Insults You & Your Boss Does Nothing About It? by CyberStalking: 10:25am On Dec 03, 2016
Goodplace:
I have been politely insulted by my subordinate previously. but One of my far subordinate insulted me ... .
may be you've asked her for a fĂșck b4 (If u are a guy or have been struggling for same man (if you are a lady). Sorry ur story is nt complet
Re: What To Do When Your Surbordinate Insults You & Your Boss Does Nothing About It? by Nobody: 10:58am On Dec 03, 2016
Goodplace:

you must have done something to make them lose respect for you! how has your behavior been towards them before the subtle and not so subtle insults began?

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Reasons Why You Find It Difficult To Succeed / Iranian Assists Nigeria On Job Creation / Article Writers Needed For Immediate Employment At Infoguidenigeria.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.