Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,133 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:36 AM

How Do You Preserve Food Without Refrigeration - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How Do You Preserve Food Without Refrigeration (4767 Views)

The £2500 Zepter Set Of Pots That Cooks And Fry Food Without Water And Oil / Four Interesting Techniques To Preserve Food Without Refrigeration / Get Free Food Without Downlines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Preserve Food Without Refrigeration by nowpresence(f): 10:41am On Dec 03, 2016
The deplorable condition of electricity in Nigeria has lead me to lose two soup in one week.

I cooked banga soup on Thursday evening, so I kept it in the refrigerator since there was light almost throughout that day and the refrigerator was cold. On Friday morning there was electricity light till in the afternoon and by 1:00pm the light went off. In the evening of Friday the light was restored till I slept so did not find the need to boil it and also due to the fact that the deep freezer was still cold.
I woke up this morning only to find out that the light did not last up to 12 midnight because I slept early.

So I decided to check the soup this morning and I saw frizzy bubbles on the soup. I quickly started boiling it, I discovered that it has a strong smell and tasteS different just slightly from the original smell and taste.

I am so sad as I write this piece, after all the sweat I went through to prepare this food this was the result.
And the fact that something like this happened five days ago, same banga soup, just annoys me more.

My question are:
Can I still eat the soup without a strong side effect?
How do you preserve food when there is no electricity?
And the most important why do banga soup go sour easily?

Lalasticlala please come to a sister aid by doing the needful.
Re: How Do You Preserve Food Without Refrigeration by dingbang(m): 10:45am On Dec 03, 2016
U could buy ice block, put it insyd a water proof that won't leak, den place d iceblock ontop of the soup inside the freezer
Re: How Do You Preserve Food Without Refrigeration by nowpresence(f): 10:51am On Dec 03, 2016
dingbang:
U could buy ice block, put it insyd a water proof that won't leak, den place d iceblock ontop of the soup inside the freezer
Thanks for your input.
How many ice block can one buy and for how long.
The power issue really annoys me, one of the reason I hate this country.

Apart from ice block, what other ways can one preserve food.

Lalasticlala
Re: How Do You Preserve Food Without Refrigeration by dingbang(m): 11:22am On Dec 03, 2016
nowpresence:

Thanks for your input.
How many ice block can one buy and for how long.
The power issue really annoys me, one of the reason I hate this country.

Apart from ice block, what other ways can one preserve food.

Lalasticlala
one big block
Re: How Do You Preserve Food Without Refrigeration by Davash222(m): 11:23am On Dec 03, 2016
Which food Where you see the food kwanu You are lucky, you even have soured soup. Just cut onions pour for the soup and enjoy your meal jaree.

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Preserve Food Without Refrigeration by Nobody: 11:29am On Dec 03, 2016
different political parties will promise 247 electricity if they are voted into power but the circle continues as soon as they are in

ironically they are the most traveled individuals and seen how electricity is like the air we breath in other countries

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Preserve Food Without Refrigeration by KINGinVAHALA: 2:58pm On Dec 03, 2016
I think you should use the onion remedy. slice onion and boil it with the soup since its bang soup and onion is one of the ingredients use in preparing it. Another thing is, since power supply isn't constant, you should make do with warming the soup every morning and evening instead of putting it in the refrigerator.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Preserve Food Without Refrigeration by nowpresence(f): 3:31pm On Dec 03, 2016
KINGinVAHALA:
I think you should use the onion remedy. slice onion and boil it with the soup since its bang soup and onion is one of the ingredients use in preparing it. Another thing is, since power supply isn't constant, you should make do with warming the soup every morning and evening instead of putting it in the refrigerator.
OK
Re: How Do You Preserve Food Without Refrigeration by KINGinVAHALA: 3:34pm On Dec 03, 2016
Re: How Do You Preserve Food Without Refrigeration by Franky826: 4:46pm On Dec 03, 2016
Put a lump of clean charcoal inside it. This is not a long term remedy though, but if you do have power supply at all coupled with the charcoal it may help.

NB: do not use only one charcoal for long time, and should not be used solely for long time. Better with little electricity.

Disclaimer: Am not responsible if your food spoils.
Re: How Do You Preserve Food Without Refrigeration by murphyibiam15(m): 7:10pm On Jan 16, 2017
nowpresence:
The deplorable condition of electricity in Nigeria has lead me to lose two soup in one week.

I cooked banga soup on Thursday evening, so I kept it in the refrigerator since there was light almost throughout that day and the refrigerator was cold. On Friday morning there was electricity light till in the afternoon and by 1:00pm the light went off. In the evening of Friday the light was restored till I slept so did not find the need to boil it and also due to the fact that the deep freezer was still cold.
I woke up this morning only to find out that the light did not last up to 12 midnight because I slept early.

So I decided to check the soup this morning and I saw frizzy bubbles on the soup. I quickly started boiling it, I discovered that it has a strong smell and tasteS different just slightly from the original smell and taste.

I am so sad as I write this piece, after all the sweat I went through to prepare this food this was the result.
And the fact that something like this happened five days ago, same banga soup, just annoys me more.

My question are:
Can I still eat the soup without a strong side effect?
How do you preserve food when there is no electricity?
And the most important why do banga soup go sour easily?

Lalasticlala please come to a sister aid by doing the needful.
i sent u a pm

(1) (Reply)

Akwa Ibom Has The Best Soups In Nigeria / Step By Step On How To Cook Nigerian Egusi Soup / Best Oha Soup Made With Ofor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.