Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,350 members, 7,808,225 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:02 AM

Atheism Is A Mental Illness :charles Darwin, Sigmund Freud, Thomas Henry Huxley - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheism Is A Mental Illness :charles Darwin, Sigmund Freud, Thomas Henry Huxley (7676 Views)

Atheism Is A Religion / Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion / The Beginning Of Atheism : Charles Darwin, Sigmund Freud, Huxley And Nietzsche (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheism Is A Mental Illness :charles Darwin, Sigmund Freud, Thomas Henry Huxley by ScienceWatch: 1:31pm On Jul 18, 2017
Oduduwaboy:

Share the link that conclusively proves that Atheism is a mental illness. What level of absurdity shall we not see in Africa?�
Here are the links you requested. All the best !!

http://atheismexposed.tripod.com/atheists_mentally_ill.htm

http://www.bethinking.org/atheism/dawkins-delusions-faith-and-evidence

http://www.news24.com/MyNews24/Atheism-is-a-mental-illness-20120413

http://thedamienzone.com/2012/08/17/atheism-as-a-mental-disorder-or-illness-new-studies-say-yes/

I will like to conclude by posting quotes of these great intellectuals referring to hateful and desperate atheists.

1) Atheists express their rage against God although in their view He does not exist. --C. S. Lewis

2) Nobody talks so constantly about God as those who insist that there is no God. -- Heywood Broun

3) In some awful, strange, paradoxical way, atheists tend to take religion more seriously than the practitioners. --Jonathon Miller

4) It amazes me to find an intelligent person who fights against something which he does not at all believe exists. --Mohandas Gandhi

5) Atheism is a crutch for those who cannot bear the reality of God. -- Tom Stoppard

6) If atheism spread, it would become a religion as intolerable as the ancient ones. --Gustave le Bon

7) An atheist may be simply one whose faith and love are concentrated on the impersonal aspects of God. --Simone Weil

cool A disbelief in God does not result in a belief in nothing; disbelief in God usually results in a belief in anything.—unknown

9) I can see how it might be possible for a man to look down upon the earth and be an atheist, but I cannot conceive how he could look up into the heavens and say there is no God.--Abraham Lincoln

10) A creature revolting against a creator is revolting against the source of his own powers--including even his power to revolt...It is like the scent of a flower trying to destroy the flower. --C.S. Lewis

11) To sustain the belief that there is no God, atheism has to demonstrate infinite knowledge, which is tantamount to saying, "I have infinite knowledge that there is no being in existence with infinite knowledge" --Ravi Zacharias

12) A god who let us prove his existence would be an idol. --Deitrich Bonhoeffer

13) If we were to judge nature by common sense or likelihood, we wouldn't believe the world existed. --Annie Dillard

14) If God were small enough to be understood, He would not be big enough to be worshiped. --Evelyn Underhill

15)The turning point in our lives is when we stop seeking the God we want and start seeking the God who is. --- Patrick Morley

16) I want atheism to be true but am made uneasy by the fact that some of the most intelligent and well-informed people I know are religious believers. It isn't just that I don't believe in God and, naturally, I hope that I'm right in my belief. It's that I hope there is no God! I don't want there to be a God; I don't want the universe to be like that. --Thomas Nagel

17) We may seek God by our intellect, but we only can find him with our heart. –Cotvos
Re: Atheism Is A Mental Illness :charles Darwin, Sigmund Freud, Thomas Henry Huxley by Niflheim(m): 7:26pm On Jul 18, 2017
Wow!!! I wonder how many of Freud's patients were christian? Definitely 90% of them!!! Christianity: Sheep and wood worshiping Mental illness!!!
Re: Atheism Is A Mental Illness :charles Darwin, Sigmund Freud, Thomas Henry Huxley by ScienceWatch: 2:59pm On Aug 18, 2017
LaDolceVita:
1. The idea that atheism has 'founders' is so obviously false that this mistake alone should prevent anyone from taking this post seriously.

2. Even granting the ludicrous premise, mental illness is a non sequitur. It has nothing to do with the truth value of the claim.

3. The fact that you're quoting a site called 'news24' as an authoritative source for anything is probably an indictment of the Nigerian educational system.
It is interesting to note that the prophet and FOUNDER of modern Atheism, Prof. Richard Dawkins is angry that Atheists are selfish and refuse to pay their basic yearly registration fees. Membership is organized hierarchically in circles/Levels similar to Criminal Scientology's membership scams—depending of course on how much money you pay for his “non-profit” organization—called the “dawkins Circles”. The “Reason Circle,” which is the cheapest option, costs 27,000Niara monthly and offers you discounts on merchandize from the foundation store, such as this cool T-shirt above, and the chance to attend events with “richard dawkins Foundation for Reason and Science personalities.”

However, 27,000Naira a month Atheism membership fees is too little for the karma you gain from having a private lunch with the “Holy Prophet” himself. Such a privilege is reserved for top members of the “Evolution Circle” or “The Magic of Reality Circle,” which cost, again 31.4million Naira – $500,000 annually.

Your second statement that mental illness does not follow (non sequitur) from Atheism is ridicules in light of the published findings of medical science. ATHEISM IS A MENTAL ILLNESS.

If you made an effort to compare the source of this shocking scientific revelations on Atheism which is News24 with other sites, you would not have insulted News24. To cater for Atheists love of high sounding words Dawkins invented expensive levels to match their ego.

One of the benefits of Atheism's “highest membership level” is to have a private lunch with dawkins. reserved for members of the “Evolution Circle” or “The Magic of Reality Circle,” which cost 31.4million Naira annually. The membership section of the foundation website, however, mentions only three levels of membership (“Reason,” “Science,” and “Darwin Circle”), but none of them includes the “sacrament” of sharing a private meal with dawkins, which suggests that there are higher membership options but they are not shown here for whatever reason.
UPDATE: Apparently the highest level of membership is called the “dawkins Circle,” and so it is above the “Darwin Circle,” which suggests to me that dawkins somehow sees himself above Darwin.

Have registered yet ?
Re: Atheism Is A Mental Illness :charles Darwin, Sigmund Freud, Thomas Henry Huxley by budaatum: 7:58pm On Dec 24, 2017
ScienceWatch:
Could there be any truth in the frightening results of the German scientific study of 18,000 atheists ?

Post the response from Google about your 22 year study please.
Re: Atheism Is A Mental Illness :charles Darwin, Sigmund Freud, Thomas Henry Huxley by rekinomtla(m): 4:38am On Jul 02, 2018
Excellent thread ScienceWatch.

Have you seen these studies?

Atheists have a strong hatred of a being they apparently don't believe exists. Sounds like atheists need to upgrade their mental health to 2.0 grin v1.0 must have numerous bugs. Athiesm must be schizophrenia on steroids.

rekinomtla:
Nothing infuriates the atheists more than God. In fact the vast majority of atheists hated and blamed God for the tragic events in the their life when they were theists. I've even heard atheists confess this.

This most likely lead to their conversion to atheism, which is unfortunate since their disbelief is primarily based on emotion rather than reason. Which makes it impossible to have a rational discussion with atheists regarding the very issues that made them hate God (eg. problem of evil, morality, etc.).

Atheists have in fact subconscious, accepted the two tenets of atheism:

Several studies have even supported the fact that atheists implicitly believe in God, for instance, in a study published in the Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, researchers found that anger towards God was common amongst religious individuals during their lifetime.

In addition the team also found that anger towards God was even more common among those unaffiliated with religion, those who identify as atheists and agnostics. The study was conducted by a team of researchers lead by Julie Exline, a psychologist at Case Western Reserve University. Exline provides the following comments regarding the study:

"We are particularly interested in the issue of whether anger toward God might lead to decreased belief in God’s existence. Our interest was piqued by an early study of anger toward God among undergraduates (Exline et al., 1999), which revealed a counterintuitive finding: Those who reported no belief in God reported more grudges toward God than believers. At first glance, this finding seemed to reflect an error. How could people be angry with God if they did not believe in God? Reanalyses of a second dataset (Exline, Fisher, Rose, & Kampani, 2004; Kampani & Exline, 2002) revealed similar patterns: Those who endorsed their religious beliefs as “atheist/agnostic” or “none/unsure” reported more anger toward God than those who reported a religious affiliation"

Note, the results corroborates with previous studies and with the results of a second dataset. Exline and her team also found that atheists who abandon their belief in God due to their animosity toward God were less likely to return to the faith they left.

"Further analyses identified a group of conflicted believers (or slipping believers), all of whom had previously believed that God exists (or might exist) but no longer believed at the time of the study. When compared with believers, these individuals reported more anger toward God. These findings raised the question of whether anger might actually affect belief in God’s existence, an idea in line with Novotni and Petersen’s (2001) clinical descriptions of emotional atheism"

This so called "emotional atheism" is something I have personally witness when a friend of mine renounced God because of a tragic event in his life. He would later abandon atheism, when I asked him why, he said "I was never really an atheist, even though I proclaimed atheism, my reasons were entirely emotional, not rational. I think subconscious I still believed in God, although my emotions prevented me from admitting it, looking back at it now I realize atheism never made sense to me logically speaking, it only made sense emotionally."

While another study undertook by team of researchers from the University of Finland, found that atheists become "emotionally aroused" when they dared God to do horrible things, like for example daring God to strike them down.

Perhaps suggesting that they subconsciously believe in God.

In this study, atheists and religious participants were both hooked up to skin conductance machines, which was use to determine the level of stress each participant experience when daring God. The team reported the following:

"In the first study, reading the provocations addressed to God increased atheists’ emotional arousal more than reading neutral statements about such things as sleep and weather. Second, God statements resulted in equal tension among atheists as reading the offensive statements (e.g.,“It’s okay to kick a puppy in the face”). Third, this same pattern of results was obtained for religious individuals. The results indicate that compared to their conviction and responses on the self-report measure, atheists’ implicit reactions to the God statements were more similar to the reactions of religious individuals."

They later go on to say:

"When reading the God statements in Study 2, atheists experienced greater emotional arousal than when reading the offensive statements. Moreover, when reading the God statements, atheists’ emotional arousal in creased as much as did religious individuals’ arousal. Atheists also refused to say aloud the God statements, and they felt the need to undo the statements equally often as religious individuals did, although neither group refused to say statements very often or retracted statements very often."

Again suggesting atheists implicitly believe in God. It is interesting to note that studies have also found that religious people are more happier than the non-religious. This is basically why It's isn't particularly difficult to find unhappy,angry atheists online, even here on nairaland.

In fact just recently an infuriated atheist viciously attacked me with insults,even though he misread the post he was responding to. I think this represents a clear example of how hatred can cloud our judgment and reasoning, had my accuser controlled his anger and emotion he would have not misread my post and responded with such profanity.

I'm am sure, had these unbelievers been able to get their hands on me, they would take out their anger on me by physically harming me. Fortunately enough I am far away from them, leaving them with only two options - attack with abusive words or mock in groups. In other words, cyber bully me into silence. This is all done to prevent me or anyone else from criticizing atheism. Atheists will even attempt to get hold of your personal information so that can use it, and you guess it - to mock and abuse you.

Don't take my words lightly, atheists do really hate you and have no respect for because you not an atheist. If you were murdered tomorrow, atheists would happily use pictures of your deceased body when mocking those who mourn your death if they had the opportunity to do so. If you died in the tragic Anambra church massacre, your death would have been used as an opportunity to mock religion.Graphic images of your body will be nothing but playing cards to atheists, who will used them to mock theists.

Right now in North Korea, where hatred of God is pervasive, everyday many religious individuals are harassed, mocked and violently subjugated by atheists simply because they not atheists. In this atheist state, religion is despised and hated similar to how religion was view by the former Soviet Union.

Therefore Christians when you travel, always try to avoid entering atheist/islamic states, but if you must be extremely cautious, hatred of you and your beliefs is rampant as the Lord said it would be, and your life is in danger.

But fear not believers, we have the truth on our side. Even if every country becomes an atheist/islamic state one day, and we are persecuted (and we will be), always remember we have the truth on our side.

Shalom

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheism Is A Mental Illness :charles Darwin, Sigmund Freud, Thomas Henry Huxley by ScienceWatch: 12:01pm On Jul 02, 2018
rekinomtla:
Excellent thread ScienceWatch.

Have you seen these studies?

Atheists have a strong hatred of a being they apparently don't believe exists. Sounds like atheists need to upgrade their mental health to 2.0 grin v1.0 must have numerous bugs. Athiesm must be schizophrenia on steroids.

Yes Thanks for sharing all these deep hidden secrets of the dark underbelly of Atheism with a gullible innocent public.
When you say "Athiesm must be schizophrenia on steroids," I immediately see how drug companies would secretly fund Atheism to create an everlasting chain of mental patients craving their psychotropic drugs.It has been reported that these drug companies make Trillions of dollars in profit and control governments.

Could one deduce from this tragic chain of events that Atheism was birthed to serve the major drug companies greed ?

I appeal once again to the highly esteemed truth-seekers here for their valuable input on this drug peddling insanity called atheism.

Master-Mind group in no particular order:
Cc Sonofthunder, Winner01, Butterflyleo, Vaxx, Rekinomtla, ANAS09, Olaadegbu, Bloodofthelamb, Ishilove, Donnie, ........ etc.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheism Is A Mental Illness :charles Darwin, Sigmund Freud, Thomas Henry Huxley by Nobody: 12:28pm On Jul 02, 2018
felixomor:

Where exactly in the bible was light created before sun?

Re: Atheism Is A Mental Illness :charles Darwin, Sigmund Freud, Thomas Henry Huxley by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:30pm On Jul 02, 2018
ScienceWatch:

Yes Thanks for sharing all these deep hidden secrets of the dark underbelly of Atheism with a gullible innocent public.
When you say "Athiesm must be schizophrenia on steroids," I immediately see how drug companies would secretly fund Atheism to create an everlasting chain of mental patients craving their psychotropic drugs.It has been reported that these drug companies make Trillions of dollars in profit and control governments.

Could one deduce from this tragic chain of events that Atheism was birthed to serve the major drug companies greed ?

I appeal once again to the highly esteemed truth-seekers here for their valuable input on this drug peddling insanity called atheism.

Master-Mind group in no particular order:
Cc Sonofthunder, Winner01, Butterflyleo, Vaxx, Rekinomtla, ANAS09, Olaadegbu, Bloodofthelamb, Ishilove, Donnie, ........ etc.

Atheism is intellectual schizophrenia. It is the art of believing in God but at the same time believing that he (the atheist) does not believe in God.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atheism Is A Mental Illness :charles Darwin, Sigmund Freud, Thomas Henry Huxley by ScienceWatch: 2:43pm On Jul 02, 2018
OLAADEGBU:

Atheism is intellectual schizophrenia. It is the art of believing in God but at the same time believing that he (the atheist) does not believe in God.
Lol, I am rolling on the floor laughing. Yes very true Sir. You are good at explaining the comical madness of the greatest atheists.

Please allow me to express my own embarrassment on behalf of demented atheists.

1 Like

Re: Atheism Is A Mental Illness :charles Darwin, Sigmund Freud, Thomas Henry Huxley by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:00pm On Jul 02, 2018
ScienceWatch:

Lol, I am rolling on the floor laughing. Yes very true Sir. You are good at explaining the comical madness of the greatest atheists.

Please allow me to express my own embarrassment on behalf of demented atheists.

It is also called an iterated belief as depicted below. cheesy

Re: Atheism Is A Mental Illness :charles Darwin, Sigmund Freud, Thomas Henry Huxley by ScienceWatch: 5:24pm On Jul 02, 2018
OLAADEGBU:

The pic says it all. Haaaa Lol
ROTFL
You are indeed talented sir. My jaws are aching from laughter. Have mercy on me.
I am traveling in a taxi and the driver gives me harsh aggressive looks when I Lol.
Re: Atheism Is A Mental Illness :charles Darwin, Sigmund Freud, Thomas Henry Huxley by ScienceWatch: 6:15pm On Jul 02, 2018
OLAADEGBU:

I just finished reading an incredible topic by Winner01 which I must share with you.

Please make time for it.
https://www.nairaland.com/4482175/hateful-language-atheism-possible-effects#67190102
Re: Atheism Is A Mental Illness :charles Darwin, Sigmund Freud, Thomas Henry Huxley by ScienceWatch: 6:24pm On Jul 02, 2018
LaDolceVita:
1. The idea that atheism has 'founders' is so obviously false that this mistake alone should prevent anyone from taking this post seriously.

2. Even granting the ludicrous premise, mental illness is a non sequitur. It has nothing to do with the truth value of the claim.

3. The fact that you're quoting a site called 'news24' as an authoritative source for anything is probably an indictment of the Nigerian educational system.
Finally I can get back to you with something substantial sir.

A pic paints a thousand words, what is the attached pic saying ?

Re: Atheism Is A Mental Illness :charles Darwin, Sigmund Freud, Thomas Henry Huxley by ScienceWatch: 6:25pm On Jul 02, 2018
LaDolceVita:

Finally I can get back to you with something substantial sir. A trusted source sent it to me. You can thank Olaadegbu yourself.

A pic paints a thousand words, what is the attached pic saying to the world ?

Re: Atheism Is A Mental Illness :charles Darwin, Sigmund Freud, Thomas Henry Huxley by Nobody: 4:51pm On Mar 08, 2022
future reader should know that both Charles Darwin and Thomas huxley were part of the clergy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Is The Catholic Church Bible Different From Others? / Atheists Who Believe In The Supernatural Please Come In(discussion) / Pastor Chris Crying Profusely While Preaching:"jesus Is Coming Very Soon" -VIDEO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.