Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,996 members, 7,806,897 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:34 AM

Adebayo Ogunlesi: 7 Things You Should Know About Nigerian Appointed By Trump - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adebayo Ogunlesi: 7 Things You Should Know About Nigerian Appointed By Trump (54767 Views)

Number Of Dead Men Appointed By Buhari Increases To 5 / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Appointed By Standard Chartered As Director, To Earn £130k / Fani-Kayode Reacts To Trump's Appointment Of Adebayo Ogunlesi, A Nigerian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adebayo Ogunlesi: 7 Things You Should Know About Nigerian Appointed By Trump by Okuda(m): 3:51pm On Dec 03, 2016
davidif:

This is the exact mentality that is killing Nigerians? Do you know how many people on that advisory body that voted and even spoke against Trump? Yet he still brought them on.

In Nigeria, instead of going out and get the best minds possible you go and hire party insiders who know nothing about running an economy. The Ministry of finance are such amateurs its not even funny. This guys don't even seem to have a plan. They are just running up and down putting out fires.

Buhari's job is not to show favoritism but to look for competence wherever he can find it.

Lol. This man is too big for nigeria govt. Do you know what it is to be a director of Goldman sachs? omo gbagbe oshi o. This man cannot find satisfaction working in and for Nigeria.. No jokes!

1 Like

Re: Adebayo Ogunlesi: 7 Things You Should Know About Nigerian Appointed By Trump by davidif: 3:51pm On Dec 03, 2016
sukkottt:
thats my point, there is no such thing as a man of integrity. all these men who perform well abroad only do so because they are in a system that is sanitized. if you steal 1 kobo they will lock you up. its a no nonsense system. bring those men to naija and they will turn to common criminals. i have seen it happen many times. brilliant men abroad coming home and then turning to common thiefs. which is why i said we need righteous men, emphasis on righteous. matters not what their location is

Then that means the system is fundamentally faulty which means that you need to completely overhaul the system and in other to do that you need people with a different way of thinking and people who don't have any ties to the old gang. There is a reason why companies clean house when a company is on life support. You get rid of all the old guys and bring in new people with better ways of doing things.

1 Like

Re: Adebayo Ogunlesi: 7 Things You Should Know About Nigerian Appointed By Trump by popyea(m): 3:53pm On Dec 03, 2016
fkdmods:

Obviously you don't understand how Wikipedia works. Just because it is on Wikipedia does not mean it is fact. But you still haven't answered my question. Can a non U.S citizen hold public office? And remember that the U.S does not recognize U.S citizenship. He denounced Nigeria the day he became one. Part of the process for his secret clearance was shredding his passport. Lol. He called me i too know. The retort of an ignorant mind.

Ever heard of dual citizenship bro?

4 Likes

Re: Adebayo Ogunlesi: 7 Things You Should Know About Nigerian Appointed By Trump by Elebiju: 3:54pm On Dec 03, 2016
fkdmods:

And your point is? Non Americans don't go about consulting with the president on Strategic and Policy Forum.
Don't change the topic when you're wrong, accept that you made a mistake by saying it's a public office and by the way The Forum, which is composed of some of America’s most highly respected and successful business leaders, will be called upon to meet with the President frequently to share their specific experience and knowledge with the President period. We're here to learn not to prove what we are not.

2 Likes

Re: Adebayo Ogunlesi: 7 Things You Should Know About Nigerian Appointed By Trump by davidif: 3:54pm On Dec 03, 2016
Okuda:

Lol. This man is too big for nigeria govt. Do you know what it is to be a director of Goldman sachs? omo gbagbe oshi o. This man cannot find satisfaction working in and for Nigeria.. No jokes!

Yes, i agree with you but he can serve in the same advisory role that he is occupying for Trump right now.

Also, its not a long shot to think that he might not want to be minister of finance. There are several CEO's of Goldman Sachs who have gone on to work for there govt, there is a reason they call them 'Government Sachs' its because they have so many employees who go on to work for the govt. So you just never know until you try.

1 Like

Re: Adebayo Ogunlesi: 7 Things You Should Know About Nigerian Appointed By Trump by Almand: 3:54pm On Dec 03, 2016
Trump,not sworn in yet but has his team ready. Getting those he believe will help him "make America great again". It took buhari over six months to select ameachi, fashola, a dalung that thinks athletes don't need training, an Audu that things Nigerians should stop eating rich and Onu who thinks producing pencil is an achievement. Someone still wants me to believe that buhari means well for this country and he is not a dullard

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adebayo Ogunlesi: 7 Things You Should Know About Nigerian Appointed By Trump by sukkottt: 3:56pm On Dec 03, 2016
davidif:

Then that means the system is fundamentally faulty which means that you need to completely overhaul the system and in other to do that you need people with a different way of thinking and people who don't have any ties to the old gang. There is a reason why companies clean house when a company is on life support. You get rid of all the old guys and bring in new people with better ways of doing things.
exactly and there are many people in nigeria with a different way of thinking. its just that nigerian politics is like an old boy network of cabal. its like the mafia, you cant get in, but once you are in you are in forever. we are ruled by the nigerian mafia cabal. so this is not an issue of not knowing what to do cuz there are millions in naija who know what to do. this is an issue of the mafia on top having a stranglehold and keeping everyone out. a rotten system is of benefit to the mafia and a sanitized system is of no benefit. nigga all am saying is we are being ruled by the MOB lolzz. NIGERIAN MAFIA CABAL

1 Like

Re: Adebayo Ogunlesi: 7 Things You Should Know About Nigerian Appointed By Trump by otokx(m): 3:58pm On Dec 03, 2016
Chiefpriest1:
I was going to say the ethnic bigots would soon be here to pollute this beautiful thread, not knowing they had already arrived.

These people cannot raise a discussion beyond the levels of afonjas, Igbos, plenty oil in the soup or no oil at all in another.

Dumb ass folks. This thing is becoming really irritating to the point of puking.

And these are youths in their 20s and 30s who should be having intelligent conversations.

These days I avoid threads on crimes because one iddiot would check names and insist that crimes is the exclusive preserve of one ethnic group.

I don't know what Seun can do, but these set of people who cannot see beyond the prism of Igbo, Yoruba and Hausa are gradually turning this forum to child's play.

Nations dont grow like this. It's unfortunate, really unfortunate.

Something has to be done about this in Nairaland.
Re: Adebayo Ogunlesi: 7 Things You Should Know About Nigerian Appointed By Trump by whoYouEpp(m): 3:58pm On Dec 03, 2016
optional1:
We go reach there some day.
Abi oooooooooo my sister. This man achievements really motivate me gan no be small. Take care. We all will make it with hard work and prayer.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adebayo Ogunlesi: 7 Things You Should Know About Nigerian Appointed By Trump by popyea(m): 3:59pm On Dec 03, 2016
grin
Proudly OMO OGUN!

3 Likes

Re: Adebayo Ogunlesi: 7 Things You Should Know About Nigerian Appointed By Trump by Okuda(m): 4:03pm On Dec 03, 2016
davidif:

Yes, i agree with you but he can serve in the same advisory role that he is occupying for Trump right now.

Also, its not a long shot to think that he might not want to be minister of finance. There are several CEO's of Goldman Sachs who have gone on to work for there govt, there is a reason they call them 'Government Sachs' its because they have so many employees who go on to work for the govt. So you just never know until you try.

Buhari wey no dey listen to advice. Osibanjo is equally smart but if that Buhari guy listens to him, Nigeria would not be where it is now.

2 Likes

Re: Adebayo Ogunlesi: 7 Things You Should Know About Nigerian Appointed By Trump by fkdmods: 4:04pm On Dec 03, 2016
Elebiju:
Don't change the topic when you're wrong, accept that you made a mistake by saying it's a public office and by the way The Forum, which is composed of some of America’s most highly respected and successful business leaders, will be called upon to meet with the President frequently to share their specific experience and knowledge with the President period. We're here to learn not to prove what we are not.

Bros. This is not Nigeria we are talking about. Being the adviser to the President is same as holding public office na. Which kain people una be na?
Re: Adebayo Ogunlesi: 7 Things You Should Know About Nigerian Appointed By Trump by fkdmods: 4:04pm On Dec 03, 2016
popyea:

Ever heard of dual citizenship bro?

America does not recognise it.
Re: Adebayo Ogunlesi: 7 Things You Should Know About Nigerian Appointed By Trump by Kennykenty(m): 4:07pm On Dec 03, 2016
Today I am proud to be a Sagamite.

1 Like

Re: Adebayo Ogunlesi: 7 Things You Should Know About Nigerian Appointed By Trump by Elebiju: 4:07pm On Dec 03, 2016
fkdmods:

Bros. This is not Nigeria we are talking about. Being the adviser to the President is same as holding public office na. Which kain people una be na?
it is not the same thing my good friend..... Well you need to do some research yourself, I'm out.
Re: Adebayo Ogunlesi: 7 Things You Should Know About Nigerian Appointed By Trump by fkdmods: 4:11pm On Dec 03, 2016
Elebiju:
it is not the same thing my good friend..... Well you need to do some research yourself, I'm out.

It is my brother.

1. Advisor to the president of the U.S is same as holding public office.

2. To be that, you have to be a citizen of the U.S
Re: Adebayo Ogunlesi: 7 Things You Should Know About Nigerian Appointed By Trump by wellstryme(m): 4:11pm On Dec 03, 2016
fkdmods:

Lol. You can call him anything you want but he is definitely not Nigerian. Can you call obama kenyan? Only an American can hold any public position. Advisory or not.
So rapper Wale is not a yoruba man or a Nigerian,cool beans bro.why is there dual citizenship.. Stop jealousy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adebayo Ogunlesi: 7 Things You Should Know About Nigerian Appointed By Trump by popyea(m): 4:12pm On Dec 03, 2016
fkdmods:

America does not recognise it.

Really? Educate me...
Re: Adebayo Ogunlesi: 7 Things You Should Know About Nigerian Appointed By Trump by popyea(m): 4:13pm On Dec 03, 2016
Kennykenty:
Today I am proud to be a Sagamite.
Re: Adebayo Ogunlesi: 7 Things You Should Know About Nigerian Appointed By Trump by fkdmods: 4:14pm On Dec 03, 2016
popyea:

Really? Educate me...

No need. I know this from personal experience. Especially when you work with government.
Re: Adebayo Ogunlesi: 7 Things You Should Know About Nigerian Appointed By Trump by oluwashegunfunm(m): 4:14pm On Dec 03, 2016
Chiefpriest1:
I was going to say the ethnic bigots would soon be here to pollute this beautiful thread, not knowing they had already arrived.

These people cannot raise a discussion beyond the levels of afonjas, Igbos, plenty oil in the soup or no oil at all in another.

Dumb ass folks. This thing is becoming really irritating to the point of puking.

And these are youths in their 20s and 30s who should be having intelligent conversations.
Seun please in Gods name do something about this

These days I avoid threads on crimes because one iddiot would check names and insist that crimes is the exclusive preserve of one ethnic group.

I don't know what Seun can do, but these set of people who cannot see beyond the prism of Igbo, Yoruba and Hausa are gradually turning this forum to child's play.

Nations dont grow like this. It's unfortunate, really unfortunate.

Re: Adebayo Ogunlesi: 7 Things You Should Know About Nigerian Appointed By Trump by Elebiju: 4:14pm On Dec 03, 2016
fkdmods:

It is my brother.

1. Advisor to the president of the U.S is same as holding public office.

2. To be that, you have to be a citizen of the U.S

I'm just wondering..... What will I get if I type your moniker on google?

1 Like

Re: Adebayo Ogunlesi: 7 Things You Should Know About Nigerian Appointed By Trump by fkdmods: 4:15pm On Dec 03, 2016
Elebiju:
I'm just wondering..... What will I get if I type your moniker on google?

You will never know until you do it. wink
Re: Adebayo Ogunlesi: 7 Things You Should Know About Nigerian Appointed By Trump by Elebiju: 4:18pm On Dec 03, 2016
fkdmods:

You will never know until you do it. wink
Sometimes our profile on public forums like this goes a long way.... I'm sharing an experience though, you seem like a very good person but the moniker is
Re: Adebayo Ogunlesi: 7 Things You Should Know About Nigerian Appointed By Trump by Lescott7(m): 4:18pm On Dec 03, 2016
Congrats to the man...Donald is a prepared leader compared to President Buhari that spent six months before constituting his cabinet.
Re: Adebayo Ogunlesi: 7 Things You Should Know About Nigerian Appointed By Trump by fkdmods: 4:22pm On Dec 03, 2016
Elebiju:
Sometimes our profile on public forums like this goes a long way.... I'm sharing an experience though, you seem like a very good person but the moniker is

Trust me. You won't find anything except links to Nairaland.
Re: Adebayo Ogunlesi: 7 Things You Should Know About Nigerian Appointed By Trump by SIRmanjar(m): 4:22pm On Dec 03, 2016
U can tell me 7 tinz I dnt know abt him but I will tell u one tin I know abt him he iz yoruba.

3 Likes

Re: Adebayo Ogunlesi: 7 Things You Should Know About Nigerian Appointed By Trump by Ade3000yrs(m): 4:34pm On Dec 03, 2016
hmm
Re: Adebayo Ogunlesi: 7 Things You Should Know About Nigerian Appointed By Trump by Ukillian(m): 4:36pm On Dec 03, 2016
fkdmods:

Obviously you don't understand how Wikipedia works. Just because it is on Wikipedia does not mean it is fact. But you still haven't answered my question. Can a non U.S citizen hold public office? And remember that the U.S does not recognize U.S citizenship. He denounced Nigeria the day he became one. Part of the process for his secret clearance was shredding his passport. Lol. He called me i too know. The retort of an ignorant mind.

Dude you're arguing something that's wrong. The man is a dual citizen of Nigeria and the USA. The USA ALLOWS DUAL CITIZINSHIP. I would know because I have both so does jidenna and lot of other Nigerians. He is an advisor he does not have a public office position so he is allowed to keep his Nigerian citizenship if he chooses to. You say he is not Nigerian...based on what?? The man was born there and went to school there so what do you call that?? This irritates me when Nigerians do this nobody made you the judge of who is Nigerian or not..just accept you're wrong about your "he is not Nigerian" statement and have a nice day

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adebayo Ogunlesi: 7 Things You Should Know About Nigerian Appointed By Trump by teebillz: 4:40pm On Dec 03, 2016
Trump is making Buhari, with his 6 months wait, look stupid.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Troops Annihilate Boko Haram Fighters In Marte, Recover Gpmgs(graphic Pic) / Buhari Sacks 24 Director-Generals Of Parastatals And Agencies / You Are Despicable Tribal Bigot - Deji Adeyanju To Peter Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.