Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,342 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:37 AM

A Dilation Of Toke Makinwa’s ‘on Becoming’ - Ibukunwrites - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Dilation Of Toke Makinwa’s ‘on Becoming’ - Ibukunwrites (15959 Views)

A Review Of Toke Makinwa's On Becoming / Toke Makinwa's On Becoming E-book For Free For Five Nairalanders / When The ‘other Woman’ Triumphs: A Literary Review Of Toke Makinwa’s On Becoming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Dilation Of Toke Makinwa’s ‘on Becoming’ - Ibukunwrites by twittycutey(f): 5:52pm On Dec 04, 2016
[/quote]
Detoni:
send me ur email address...I have d e-copy
pls can you send me the ebook email is sennugataiwo607@gmail.com. thanks
Re: A Dilation Of Toke Makinwa’s ‘on Becoming’ - Ibukunwrites by pinkhill(f): 6:32pm On Dec 04, 2016
Can toke please answer my questions

All these years she and maje were together did she ever get pregnant?
Has she ever aborted?

I seem to be lost... because if she was ever pregnant and they both aborted it then Anita has my vote

My own curiosity
Re: A Dilation Of Toke Makinwa’s ‘on Becoming’ - Ibukunwrites by JideTheBlogger(m): 7:06pm On Dec 04, 2016
daclint:
Abeg who read am finish , the post dey too long

Where the time na? Life is too short for this... grin
Re: A Dilation Of Toke Makinwa’s ‘on Becoming’ - Ibukunwrites by Roh50(f): 10:10pm On Dec 04, 2016
@ Detoni, pls send me the e-book. My email is.....
Re: A Dilation Of Toke Makinwa’s ‘on Becoming’ - Ibukunwrites by sleekyonyx(f): 10:21pm On Dec 04, 2016
Roh50:
@ Detoni, pls send me the e-book. My email is ibha2014@gmail.com.
I just sent u the e- copy. Check ur mail
Re: A Dilation Of Toke Makinwa’s ‘on Becoming’ - Ibukunwrites by Roh50(f): 10:52pm On Dec 04, 2016
Thanks @Detoni
Re: A Dilation Of Toke Makinwa’s ‘on Becoming’ - Ibukunwrites by dangotesmummy: 7:22am On Dec 05, 2016
pinkhill:
Can toke please answer my questions

All these years she and maje were together did she ever get pregnant?
Has she ever aborted?

I seem to be lost... because if she was ever pregnant and they both aborted it then Anita has my vote

My own curiosity
how can someone looking for a child abort? She really put in her all to make a dead relationship come alive including trying to conceieve but failed woefully because in the first place both of them were in it for the wrong reasons. Maje was in it out of pity toke wanted to satisfy society and keep up apprearances so thay people will say she's Mrs somebody

And this reminds me of my model chimanda.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Dilation Of Toke Makinwa’s ‘on Becoming’ - Ibukunwrites by dangotesmummy: 7:30am On Dec 05, 2016
jahsson:
Olosho everywhere... D fish brain people from Venus has not evolved(developed) yet... Rubbish...
fisherman brain your own don develop? tongue
She wrote a book where's your own 2paged article. They can't even write a decent fiction for a tabloid yet they'll be criticizing people that put in effort to write a book.abi you think writing a book is as easy as sticking your tail into some v@gyna humping up and down and then nutting

Oponu undecided
Re: A Dilation Of Toke Makinwa’s ‘on Becoming’ - Ibukunwrites by jahsson(m): 5:09pm On Dec 05, 2016
dangotesmummy:
fisherman brain your own don develop? tongue
She wrote a book where's your own 2paged article. They can't even write a decent fiction for a tabloid yet they'll be criticizing people that put in effort to write a book.abi you think writing a book is as easy as sticking your tail into some v@gyna humping up and down and then nutting

Oponu undecided

Chairlady of the Aproko Association of NL... U ave been sighted... I've noticed u going upandan forming captain save a LovePeddler... Standing as d mouth peace of the skank...

It's common knowledge that The people with the fish brain from Venus will always stick together.... If your brain was a little bit larger you would've understood what criticism is about, but when u have saturated your limited capacity cranium with thoughts of tail, humping, v@gina and nutting.... Then i wouldn't expect much from u...

Don't quote me again...

1 Like

Re: A Dilation Of Toke Makinwa’s ‘on Becoming’ - Ibukunwrites by dangotesmummy: 5:13pm On Dec 05, 2016
jahsson:

Chairlady of the Aproko Association of NL... U ave been sighted... I've noticed u going upandan forming captain save a LovePeddler... Standing as d mouth peace of the skank...

It's common knowledge that The people with the fish brain from Venus will always stick together.... If your brain was a little bit larger you would've understood what criticism is about, but when u have saturated your limited capacity cranium with thoughts of tail, humping, v@gina and nutting.... Then i wouldn't expect much from u...

Don't quote me again...
olosho is what your mother is tongue

Stop the ranting and produce even a page for hints magazine

Spineless weaklings everywhere
Re: A Dilation Of Toke Makinwa’s ‘on Becoming’ - Ibukunwrites by jahsson(m): 5:24pm On Dec 05, 2016
dangotesmummy:
olosho is what your mother is tongue

Stop the ranting and produce even a page for hints magazine

Spineless weaklings everywhere

If u weren't an olosho... Ur reasoning would've ve elevated... Way above thoughts of v@gyna n pe.Nis

No matter how u feel.. Nothing will change the fact that ul be laid down and fauked left, right, center....

Chairlady of Association of OLoSH...

Re: A Dilation Of Toke Makinwa’s ‘on Becoming’ - Ibukunwrites by dangotesmummy: 5:34pm On Dec 05, 2016
jahsson:

If u weren't an olosho... Ur reasoning would've ve elevated... Way above thoughts of v@gyna n pe.Nis

No matter how u feel.. Nothing will change the fact that ul be laid down and fauked left, right, center....

Chairlady of Association of OLoSH...
yeah the way your father and your mothers customers hangs your mother's legs up before ramming her

If I'm the chairlady of olosho your mother is the governor OF olosho Lagos state

Wimp tongue
Re: A Dilation Of Toke Makinwa’s ‘on Becoming’ - Ibukunwrites by jahsson(m): 5:40pm On Dec 05, 2016
dangotesmummy:
yeah the way your father and your mothers customers hangs your mother's legs up before ramming her

Yep... Just like that... I knew ul understand.. Still doesn't change the fact that u r an OLOSHO...

1 Like

Re: A Dilation Of Toke Makinwa’s ‘on Becoming’ - Ibukunwrites by laudate: 3:08am On Dec 07, 2016
dangotesmummy:
If women choose to admit. whether married unmarried widowed, educated or uneducated.pastors wives inclusive you will realize women from all works of life have gone through some aspects or many aspects of tokes experiences. Some will admit while the majority will choose not to admit. But I admire her bravery because it takes a whole lot to put Your story in public Where it'll be opened to scrutiny judgement hate admiration speculations and doubts especially in an anti women society like Nigeria

I pray that in writing this story, Toke will finally get the closure she truly needs, the healing of her soul that she truly deserves, and the courage to face the future with faith. undecided

There are too many women (both young and old) that are going through (or have gone through) Toke's experience. Some are lucky to have walked out of it, others are still trying to justify their stay in unhealthy situations, that ought to have been discarded a long time ago. In reading Toke's book, I pray they get the wisdom and strength to leave all those dysfunctional relationships behind. And for those who have not experienced such issues, may they use this book as a guide to avoid getting caught in the kind of trauma and sick, defective relationship that Toke captures so vividly, in each of these chapters. sad

If I ever have a daughter, I would give her this book to read once she hits her teens, so she can run from men like Maje and never ever make the mistake of trying to change herself, in order to please somebody else. It just ain't worth it. God created you as a unique individual. Don't waste your life on someone who does not value you! angry
Re: A Dilation Of Toke Makinwa’s ‘on Becoming’ - Ibukunwrites by laudate: 3:11am On Dec 07, 2016
dangotesmummy:
how can someone looking for a child abort? She really put in her all to make a dead relationship come alive including trying to conceieve but failed woefully because in the first place both of them were in it for the wrong reasons. Maje was in it out of pity toke wanted to satisfy society and keep up apprearances so thay people will say she's Mrs somebody

And this reminds me of my model chimanda.

Maje was NOT in that relationship with Toke out of pity. He was in it, because he wanted to eat his cake and have it. He wanted the best of both worlds from Toke & Anita. And both women stupidly let him get away with it. I blame all 3 of them. undecided
Re: A Dilation Of Toke Makinwa’s ‘on Becoming’ - Ibukunwrites by dangotesmummy: 10:13am On Dec 07, 2016
laudate:

Maje was NOT in that relationship with Toke out of pity. He was in it, because he wanted to eat his cake and have it. He wanted the best of both worlds from Toke & Anita. And both women stupidly let him get away with it. I blame all 3 of them. undecided
but anita knew he was married when she was having sex with him and for a woman to have taken in it means they've done several rounds several times

It's the same thing that applies to a man sleeping with a married woman. I don't think Anita wanted anything serious. She just wanted a small bite from the sausage toke is eating grin

But then a child came in and Anita didn't want to loose on both sides.she felt if she cannot have a husband at least let her have a baby cheesy
Re: A Dilation Of Toke Makinwa’s ‘on Becoming’ - Ibukunwrites by dangotesmummy: 10:18am On Dec 07, 2016
laudate:

I pray that in writing this story, Toke will finally get the closure she truly needs, the healing of her soul that she truly deserves, and the courage to face the future with faith. undecided

There are too many women (both young and old) that are going through (or have gone through) Toke's experience. Some are lucky to have walked out of it, others are still trying to justify their stay in unhealthy situations, that ought to have been discarded a long time ago. In reading Toke's book, I pray they get the wisdom and strength to leave all those dysfunctional relationships behind. And for those who have not experienced such issues, may they use this book as a guide to avoid getting caught in the kind of trauma and sick, defective relationship that Toke captures so vividly, in each of these chapters. sad

If I ever have a daughter, I would give her this book to read once she hits her teens, so she can run from men like Maje and never ever make the mistake of trying to change herself, in order to please somebody else. It just ain't worth it. God created you as a unique individual. Don't waste your life on someone who does not value you! angry
I think the book is multi causal.
1.an avenue to pour out all the things in her heart SHE has been holding for years
2.to make women realise that even celebrities and public figures have their own man drama
3.to open women's eyes of the importance of financial empowerment and financial independence for women. It gives the women a soft landing and the blow will be less painful
4.to make money
Re: A Dilation Of Toke Makinwa’s ‘on Becoming’ - Ibukunwrites by dangotesmummy: 10:20am On Dec 07, 2016
jahsson:

Yep... Just like the way i raise my mothers legs that... I knew ul understand.. Still doesn't change the fact that I'm a product of OLOSHO with an slowpoke father ...
no wonder. Awon omo iya ashewo.born throwaway grin
Re: A Dilation Of Toke Makinwa’s ‘on Becoming’ - Ibukunwrites by jahsson(m): 11:04am On Dec 07, 2016
dangotesmummy:
no wonder. Awon omo iya ashewo.born throwaway grin

Thank you...
Re: A Dilation Of Toke Makinwa’s ‘on Becoming’ - Ibukunwrites by dangotesmummy: 11:19am On Dec 07, 2016
jahsson:

Thank YOU because I'm AN slowpoke ...
obviously wink
Re: A Dilation Of Toke Makinwa’s ‘on Becoming’ - Ibukunwrites by sunnyeinstein(m): 11:32pm On Dec 07, 2016
lestat:
Toke has a book? Okay moving on, couldn't read it when I saw Toke's name in the title.. I dunno much about her other than the facr she works in radio? So I couldn't care less if she died right now, talk less of reading bout her book

U na OG ooo cheesy cheesy cheesy. Me i manage like 10 paragraphs sha but i still no understand , so i say mk i read comments and i kon c say i beta pass my neighbor lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: A Dilation Of Toke Makinwa’s ‘on Becoming’ - Ibukunwrites by sunnyeinstein(m): 11:56pm On Dec 07, 2016
donikky:
Ladies,I want us to learn from this book..At first,when I read the book I blamed Maje buh after sitting for a while I concluded that Maje isn't the only one to be blamed... From what she wrote,she was a nagging girlfriend and wife always wanting to know her man's step,she didn't do things that'd make d guy love her(apart from the bleaching),all she cared about was d girl he was involved with...Though, its normal to feel bad when your guy cheats on yhu buh I think instead of flaring up at everything,she should try to study the guy and know what he really wants in ladies,From that book, Maje never loved Toke,He married her outta pity,Why won't Maje love Anita when he broke her virginity(the best gift) and she was always there for him to the extent of doing his project for him..abeg which guy no go like DAT kind lady.
Every guy wants a Lady that would understand him,there are some things you'll know buh you jez have to pretend you don't. Maje didn't love her,she saw DAT buh because she was blinded by love she still went on with the guy thinking he would come to love her. Ladies please be careful when choosing your life partner,marriage is a mistake that can cause a stigma in one's life forever,A school one never graduate from,choose wisely!

Just negodu u! So because a girl did prject for him or because he deflowered her he'd always love her. It jus doesnt add up. Its either d guy is a pathological+serial cheat or Toke has kept some info away from us dat made d guy look outside from d outset of dia relatnship. And she stayin in d relatnship even upto marriage tells us she held on to somtin worthwile all along but not worth it anymore... and i dont think its LOVE like she'd make us think.
Re: A Dilation Of Toke Makinwa’s ‘on Becoming’ - Ibukunwrites by sunnyeinstein(m): 12:02am On Dec 08, 2016
Detoni:
send me ur email address...I have d e-copy

God bless you as u share ooo.

tutnefert@yahoo.com
Re: A Dilation Of Toke Makinwa’s ‘on Becoming’ - Ibukunwrites by jahsson(m): 1:08am On Dec 08, 2016
dangotesmummy:
obviously wink

Dummy... Modifying my comments won't change the ashewo 10 kobo in u... Hehehe... Harlot
Re: A Dilation Of Toke Makinwa’s ‘on Becoming’ - Ibukunwrites by femi4: 11:59am On Dec 08, 2016
Certifiedboss:

TOKE said 6 months after they started dating she saw pic of her ex and another lady on FB. They started dating 2002 because on one part of the book she made reference to 2007 Christmas and she said that was 5yrs after they first met. She also said they started dating almost immediately the time they first met .  So if she is saying she saw a pic of her ex and a lady on Facebook just over 6months when they started dating that means it's that same 2002 or early 2003. The issue here that's confusing me is that FACEBOOK was found 2004. So how did Toke manage to put that together Was she having her own FACEBOOK before Mark Zuckerberg ?
She never said that.....seems you have comprehension problem

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Dilation Of Toke Makinwa’s ‘on Becoming’ - Ibukunwrites by dangotesmummy: 12:00pm On Dec 08, 2016
jahsson:

My mom is a Dummy... Modifying my comments won't change the ashewo 10 kobo my mummy is .. Hehehe... my mother is a Harlot
no wonder grin
Re: A Dilation Of Toke Makinwa’s ‘on Becoming’ - Ibukunwrites by dangotesmummy: 12:03pm On Dec 08, 2016
jahsson:

Thank you...
you're welcome wink
Re: A Dilation Of Toke Makinwa’s ‘on Becoming’ - Ibukunwrites by Certifiedboss: 12:18pm On Dec 08, 2016
femi4:
She never said that.....seems you have comprehension problem

I can tell you the pages. You're just dull . Stupid Bleep
Re: A Dilation Of Toke Makinwa’s ‘on Becoming’ - Ibukunwrites by femi4: 12:22pm On Dec 08, 2016
Certifiedboss:

I can tell you the pages. You're just dull . Stupid Bleep
go ahead and show your stupidity.... If you cannot name the page, Omo ale ni e!

Certifiedidiot indeed
Re: A Dilation Of Toke Makinwa’s ‘on Becoming’ - Ibukunwrites by dangotesmummy: 8:29pm On Dec 09, 2016
jahsson:

Dummy... Modifying my comments won't change the fact that i'm a product of ashewo 10 kobo from my mother ... Hehehe... Harlot
kontunu OR is that all wink grin
Re: A Dilation Of Toke Makinwa’s ‘on Becoming’ - Ibukunwrites by jahsson(m): 10:53pm On Dec 09, 2016
dangotesmummy:
kontunu OR is that all wink grin

Missing me already... With ur lonely, attention seeking self... Better get a dil.do...
Re: A Dilation Of Toke Makinwa’s ‘on Becoming’ - Ibukunwrites by dangotesmummy: 6:30am On Dec 10, 2016
jahsson:

i am Missing my hoe mummy already... With our lonely, attention seeking self... i am getting a dil.do for my mummy ...
that's nice grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sexual Attraction (short Story By Korayday Azeez) / Under The Rusty Brown Roof#NLwriters / Story: Fast Lane

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.