Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,698 members, 7,805,872 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:40 AM

How To Migrate To The UK As A Nurse. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How To Migrate To The UK As A Nurse. (9961 Views)

Nigerian Coronavirus Patient Bites Chinese Nurse (pics) / Dr Kikelomo Ogunlela Anunobi Saves Life Of Man In UK As Colleagues Take Tea / Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Migrate To The UK As A Nurse. by dubbiskelly(m): 4:39am On Dec 04, 2016
Opportunities abound for Nigerian nurses to take advantage of to migrate to the United Kingdom, however most Nigeria nurses are most often laid back on the issue of migration, as they always expect some family member or friend to come “take them” out of the country.
The truth is that opportunities abound for nurses to migrate to different parts of the developed world than any other profession. The Indians and the Filipinos have grabbed the opportunities with both hands and I would like to see more Nigerian nurses do same.
The first step towards registering in the UK is to sit for the IELTS English test which can be taken in Nigeria and make at least 7 in the four testing bands. Also, combining results not less than six months is now accepted. The test is nothing technical as it only assesses your ability to communicate in English. As English is our official language and Nigerians are taught from Nursery to University in English, this should not be a problem.
Below is a screen shot of the first and only attempt at the test.

[img][/img]

Secondly, one would be required to sit a computer based test (CBT), which is also not difficult and can be taken in centers in Nigeria. More information about the test can be seen [url]here[/url]

Having successfully taken the computer based test, the final test can only be taken within the UK and one would require a certificate of sponsorship which many organizations are very willing to give in order to apply for a work visa to migrate to the UK. However, I would advice that people get sponsorships from hospitals and not hospices, because they will gain the experience they need to successfully take the final test in a hospital setting.

Anyone who has successfully completed the CBT and would like a sponsor may drop me a mail and I may be able to assist where I can.

So my naija nurses, it’s time to plant your feet firmly on the ground and grab this opportunity with both hands. I know most people may say they don’t like UK, but the truth is that it’s a million times better than practicing in Nigeria and it’s much easier to move to wherever you may want from the UK.

Drop your questions in the comment box.

http://nurseopportunities..com/2016/12/uk-overseas-nurse-registration-process.html

2 Likes

Re: How To Migrate To The UK As A Nurse. by capatainrambo: 6:50am On Dec 04, 2016
Thank you well well
Re: How To Migrate To The UK As A Nurse. by dubbiskelly(m): 7:55am On Dec 04, 2016
capatainrambo:
Thank you well well

No worries.
Re: How To Migrate To The UK As A Nurse. by Filmewell(f): 7:25am On Dec 05, 2018
dubbiskelly:
Opportunities abound for Nigerian nurses to take advantage of to migrate to the United Kingdom, however most Nigeria nurses are most often laid back on the issue of migration, as they always expect some family member or friend to come “take them” out of the country.
The truth is that opportunities abound for nurses to migrate to different parts of the developed world than any other profession. The Indians and the Filipinos have grabbed the opportunities with both hands and I would like to see more Nigerian nurses do same.
The first step towards registering in the UK is to sit for the IELTS English test which can be taken in Nigeria and make at least 7 in the four testing bands. Also, combining results not less than six months is now accepted. The test is nothing technical as it only assesses your ability to communicate in English. As English is our official language and Nigerians are taught from Nursery to University in English, this should not be a problem.
Below is a screen shot of the first and only attempt at the test.

[img][/img]

Secondly, one would be required to sit a computer based test (CBT), which is also not difficult and can be taken in centers in Nigeria. More information about the test can be seen [url]here[/url]

Having successfully taken the computer based test, the final test can only be taken within the UK and one would require a certificate of sponsorship which many organizations are very willing to give in order to apply for a work visa to migrate to the UK. However, I would advice that people get sponsorships from hospitals and not hospices, because they will gain the experience they need to successfully take the final test in a hospital setting.

Anyone who has successfully completed the CBT and would like a sponsor may drop me a mail and I may be able to assist where I can.

So my naija nurses, it’s time to plant your feet firmly on the ground and grab this opportunity with both hands. I know most people may say they don’t like UK, but the truth is that it’s a million times better than practicing in Nigeria and it’s much easier to move to wherever you may want from the UK.

Drop your questions in the comment box.

http://nurseopportunities..com/2016/12/uk-overseas-nurse-registration-process.html
Good morning. Please am nurse and I intend to relocate to the UK by next year. I want to know if there is a required amount of money needed in one's account before applying for visa. Thank you waiting for a response
Re: How To Migrate To The UK As A Nurse. by dubbiskelly(m): 8:21pm On Dec 05, 2018
Filmewell:

Good morning. Please am nurse and I intend to relocate to the UK by next year. I want to know if there is a required amount of money needed in one's account before applying for visa. Thank you waiting for a response

If your sponsor is Tier A rated, you won’t need proof of funds, if that is not the case, you will need to show evidence of the equivalent of £945 in your account for 90 years per applicant. Hope this helps.
Re: How To Migrate To The UK As A Nurse. by Filmewell(f): 9:14pm On Dec 05, 2018
dubbiskelly:

If your sponsor is Tier A rated, you won’t need proof of funds, if that is not the case, you will need to show evidence of the equivalent of £945 in your account for 90 years per applicant. Hope this helps.
Thank you it explained a lot
Re: How To Migrate To The UK As A Nurse. by Nomsy2(f): 3:22pm On Dec 10, 2018
Filmewell:

Thank you it explained a lot

Please can you write me on sweetgil4sure@yahoo.com or drop me your mail please I'm a nurse too intending to move to the UK
Re: How To Migrate To The UK As A Nurse. by jife(m): 12:47pm On Feb 05, 2019
For job offer and guide through UK relocation process, contact me
Re: How To Migrate To The UK As A Nurse. by MamaTheMama: 2:06pm On Feb 05, 2019
What happened to this thread? Can we continue it?
Re: How To Migrate To The UK As A Nurse. by megas(m): 4:47pm On Feb 26, 2019
For nurses who want to relocate, there are current vacancies in both Care homes (who pay as high as £18 p/hr) and hospitals).
Make sure you have IELTS/OET & CBT
And Doctors are not left out too.
Reply/hit me up for more details as you can be in the UK in 4-6 weeks and you won't need to pay any fees.

1 Like

Re: How To Migrate To The UK As A Nurse. by pMIC: 8:30am On Mar 02, 2019
megas:
For nurses who want to relocate, there are current vacancies in both Care homes (who pay as high as £18 p/hr) and hospitals).
Reply/hit me up for more details as you can be in the UK in 4-6 weeks and you won't need to pay any fees.

Hello thank you for this. Pls I need more details can I get your email? Mine is oricolagus@yahoo.com
Thank you
Re: How To Migrate To The UK As A Nurse. by jeron1(m): 9:34pm On Aug 28, 2019
megas:

kindly mail me at jerry_ado1@yahoo.co.uk please..
Re: How To Migrate To The UK As A Nurse. by kweenoma001: 10:16pm On Aug 30, 2019
megas:
so what are d steps
Re: How To Migrate To The UK As A Nurse. by MhizzCency: 9:26pm On Oct 29, 2019
Re: How To Migrate To The UK As A Nurse. by jeron1(m): 1:54pm On Nov 08, 2019
megas:

How do I contact u?

My sister has everything.

jerry_ado1@yahoo.co.uk
Re: How To Migrate To The UK As A Nurse. by blackcat1: 11:15pm On Nov 17, 2019
Are you a nurse with IELTS, CBT and or DL looking for an agnecy to help with your relocation to Uk? Leave your details and I will contact you.
Re: How To Migrate To The UK As A Nurse. by Oludharey1: 3:55pm On Nov 23, 2019
Pls send me am email for more details oludare.falayi@gmail.com
megas:
Re: How To Migrate To The UK As A Nurse. by Redkay: 3:23pm On Jan 02, 2020
I’m trying to register for IELTS UKVI Academic and there is no computer based test available on the website. Can I register for the General training or should I do the Paper-based test? Please help

(1) (Reply)

11 Super Health Probiotic Food / Gas Cylinders Should Be Checked Every 14 Months - Safety Professionals / Mouth Swab As A Method Of Testing For DNA ( Pls Its Urgent )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.