Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,827 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:34 PM

Why I'm Convinced That No One Will Make Heaven, Be You A Christian Or A Pagan - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why I'm Convinced That No One Will Make Heaven, Be You A Christian Or A Pagan (38417 Views)

It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says / Don't Let Anyone Lie To You That Christmas Is A Pagan Festival / Daddy Freeze: Celebrating Christmas, Is Celebrating A Pagan God's Birthday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I'm Convinced That No One Will Make Heaven, Be You A Christian Or A Pagan by DedeNkem: 6:50am On Dec 05, 2016
There's no f*ucking heaven!

You religious nuts don't cease to amaze me. How anyone could believe in an imaginary god and heaven is beyond lunacy!

1 Like

Re: Why I'm Convinced That No One Will Make Heaven, Be You A Christian Or A Pagan by Mrrespect(m): 7:16am On Dec 05, 2016
NinjaX:

Excellent point you have there!

Plus the fact that you can commit the most vile of atrocities during your lifetime, but only have to "seek repentance" from Yahweh at the last second in order to redeem thy soul before you transition to the realm beyond.

Food for thought: what if Hitler, BinLaden or Anini adopted the aforestated measure before they passed on?
Is this not a twisted motivation to execute evil deeds?

This is where the 'Grace' we Re talking abt lies. May God ve mercy.
Re: Why I'm Convinced That No One Will Make Heaven, Be You A Christian Or A Pagan by Carmal90(m): 7:21am On Dec 05, 2016
SycophanticGoat:

Too many moronic, foolish, senseless, idiotic and animalistic he-goats on nairaland. I see them daily and sometimes, I just give them something to talk about.

When I have their time, I engage them and show them how useless and senile they are but when I don't have their time, I ignore them. I guess I'm gonna ignore them from now on since I have to rest and wake up to a busy Monday while they wake up to a jihaded day.

Ahhhhhhh, why should u ignore D point is nobody is fighting u, am just correcting u for displaying ur family problem which is madness on public forum.....u can decide to continue am now less concerned, av done my best....shalom

1 Like

Re: Why I'm Convinced That No One Will Make Heaven, Be You A Christian Or A Pagan by Nobody: 7:31am On Dec 05, 2016
foladara777:

Stupid comment

Very very stupid. less stupid than the one you ve just made, and very less stupid than the the action of giving birth to a person like you.
grin
Re: Why I'm Convinced That No One Will Make Heaven, Be You A Christian Or A Pagan by ifdaeg(m): 7:32am On Dec 05, 2016
@OP am led by the spirit of the Lord to congratulate you for counting yourself out of the number that are believing God to be with Him in his kingdom forevermore. Welcome to HELL. Your eternal home of torment. You think your tiny brain that can cease from existence in the next 30seconds can judge GOD and HIS standards set for humanity. The last time I checked animals don't battle with sin, except Man because a fruit was eaten in a garden. That fruit like a virus breeds sin, and only the cleansing antivirus (the blood of Jesus Christ) can set you free from Sin. With people like you heaven is impossible but with God nothing shall be impossible. Once more, since you rejected heaven you can't reject hell. Thank God you won't come back to counter this thread when you die and find yourself before the God you just insulted. Once more welcome to hell Mr walking dead.
Re: Why I'm Convinced That No One Will Make Heaven, Be You A Christian Or A Pagan by Nobody: 7:43am On Dec 05, 2016
foladara777:
If God can roast a person eternally for a moment of weakness and ignoring the decades of total commitment to him, then he is not a good God

I already showed you how myopic your view is and with your own mouth you confirmed it when you answered my questions
Re: Why I'm Convinced That No One Will Make Heaven, Be You A Christian Or A Pagan by Nobody: 7:47am On Dec 05, 2016
SycophanticGoat:

Why are Nairaland atheists so good at ridiculing Christianity? They're quick to attack Christianity but I never see them condemn other ones (even the ones that shed blood for fun). There should be a balance if you guys aren't scared.

Bro same thought I have always had. Atheist feel more safe talking down on Christians and their beliefs, but dare not talk same about Islam. I think it's due to the fact that Islam don't take shit from no one.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I'm Convinced That No One Will Make Heaven, Be You A Christian Or A Pagan by SycophanticGoat: 8:00am On Dec 05, 2016
donnypool:

Bro same thought I have always had. Atheist feel more safe talking down on Christians and their beliefs, but dare not talk same about Islam. I think it's due to the fact that Islam don't take shit from no one.

You're most definitely right. Just because I made a comment without even mentioning religion, a foolish jhadist had attacked me and my family members on this thread. I'd have probably gotten a knife buried inside me if I was in physical contact with the animal.

Well, did you see the OP reply me? It's because he's definitely a chicken-hearted hypocrite very quick to smear Christianity but won't dare open a thread for the other one. Even though I'm not a gullible Christian unlike many others, I still very much see reasons why these so called atheists should learn to respect people's choices and avoid fooling around.

An atheist will claim to be a free thinker and claim that Christians are trampling on the rights of their own children whom they introduce to Christianity, yet they go about ridiculing and insulting Christians, behaving in manners that portrays them as extremists. They aren't different from extremist followers though, just that they feel that they're free thinkers. undecided
Re: Why I'm Convinced That No One Will Make Heaven, Be You A Christian Or A Pagan by upuphim(m): 8:04am On Dec 05, 2016
Very soon God will take you to Heaven. Be ready for the journey. Thereafter will start preaching Heaven is real in Jesus name.
Re: Why I'm Convinced That No One Will Make Heaven, Be You A Christian Or A Pagan by Folksyharry(m): 8:19am On Dec 05, 2016
oluwaseyi000:
has anyone ever thought of the fact that if Nigeria constitution/justice system is like God own, all Nigerians will simply be in life-jail

yet as bad as my country is: it never see me as jail worthy (I've never committed any serious offense)

it provides different levels of punishment to different level of offence and exempt minors from jail punishment

unlike God who will put a serial rapist, terrorist and murderer together with a fifteen year old who simply lie to her mother
threatened children with fire (my Sunday school teacher weekly obsession)

according to God constitution we and our corrupt politicians deserve same hell

God/Yahweh/Allah constitution and justice system is the most anti human and simply delusional

I don't understand why Christian pretend about this terrifying fact

2 Corinthians 5vs10
ESV:For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each one may receive what is due for what he has done in the body, whether good or evil.
Re: Why I'm Convinced That No One Will Make Heaven, Be You A Christian Or A Pagan by Folksyharry(m): 8:30am On Dec 05, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
I don't think there's any part of the bible that suggests what you have implied- equal punishment regardless of level of misdeed. The only one I can think of right now suggests otherwise.

I have mentioned him and gave him a passage of the Bible to correct him.
Re: Why I'm Convinced That No One Will Make Heaven, Be You A Christian Or A Pagan by Okies27(m): 8:47am On Dec 05, 2016
NinjaX:
One of the greatest mystery of the century that man has yet to unravel is the big question of what happens after death.

This question is so mind-boggling that over the years it has been accorded different answers by people from various walks of life.

So far so good, none of the speculations has been confirmed as true. And since no-one has journeyed to the land of the spirits and successfully came back on evidence, I believe I can safely assert from a resolute postion that none hold claims to possession of such knowledge in this regard.

However, for the purpose of the thread, using the Christian religion as a yardstick, let's assume heaven does exist, likewise hell.

Therefore, if heaven really exist, the question follows that what then is the ticket a person must possess in order to become an eligible candidate?

Allow me to quote from the bible at this point.

Matthew 5:20
(King James Version)

For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Summarily explaining the above verse, you must be RIGHTEOUS according to God's standard of righteousness.

According to the bible, righteousness is when one is absolutely devoid of sin. And sin can take any form - your physical actions, words and thought.

In conclusion, therefore, you must guard these 3 parts of you from sin so you can be sure of making heaven when the last trumpet sounds.

Now, here's why I believe it's more easier for me to jump into the air, visit the comfort station, have a short picnic and pen a short story while still in mid-air before landing, than for you to eschew sin completely.

I'll shift focus to the mind which is where thoughts are formed, because it is the most difficult of the three things I mentioned to put in check. My keen observation and findings have revealed that the mind, at no given point in time, can ever maintain a pure state in totality. You see a well-endowed damsel while plodding the streets, already you are having ideas. You see someone whom nature cheated facially, you say in your mind without speaking out, "damn! That guy is really ugly."

And. . . . . . . Even if you confess your sins away at church, new ones will take position almost immediately. Even before you breath your last on your death bed, you'd conceive wrong thoughts just in time before you die without wanting to. It's like a reflex action. You cannot hold it to a leash. It just happens. Unless of course you are an inanimate object, but then again, objects have no feelings at all.
It's like someone telling you to keep your eyes open yet instructs that you not look at anything. And then asks you, what do you see?
How does that sound?
"Kukuma" kill me already biko.

And this is close to what God requires from us. The sheer complication and complexity of it all. Trying to think this through can just drive a person insane.

ALSO, the biblical God exhibits a system of rule I'd like to term "arbitrary", where he solely determines the do's and don'ts.

Come to think of it, even emperors, kings, queens, rulers, in a fair system, are subject to the laws they use to govern their subordinates. If and when they (these rulers), fall short, they are confronted with those set laws.

But amazingly, It's forbiddingly not so in God's case. He's all supreme. You cannot challenge nor question his decisions. What he says is final. Yet God prides himself fairer than all.

Okay, imagaine if our dear president, Muhammadu Buhari is the God we are talking about, just try to picture what would happen. . .

Here's what I surmised:

- Fulani Herdsmen would kill thousands with boundless impunity.

- Favouritism will be the norm.

- He could send lightening to strike you for criticising him on social media even.

I hope now, after some sober reflection, the implications have dawned on you? Are you kidding me? We would be done for in that event.

Lastly, even though you somehow manage to scale through the hurdle of sin, which I think is a dead impossible feat to achieve, there's still the inescapable problem of the big bad guy having to conclude your final fate.

My dear ladies and gentlemen, the above reasons are why I strongly suggest that we do away with the thought that heaven is "makeable".

It's either this Christian God never wanted us to share his paradise with him in the first place, or he's plain confused, or we are his little experiment to fight boredom, [b]or
it's high time we started acknowledging that everything about the Christian religion is indeed what it rightly is - nothing more than a fictitious sensational tale intended to thrill but was rather badly written.
. True Christians have God's word written in their hearts which has become the tablet. The Holy Spirit in you empowers for righteous living. Give your life to Christ and see how he transforms you. To them that are outside everything is in parable. You can live a sin free life cos God's Word is able to renew your mind and you are no longer conformed to the dictates of this world like the pharisees were.
Re: Why I'm Convinced That No One Will Make Heaven, Be You A Christian Or A Pagan by ochubaebube(m): 8:51am On Dec 05, 2016
It's simple: Do ur best to be righteous and leave the rest of the imperfection to God! Just do ur best!
Re: Why I'm Convinced That No One Will Make Heaven, Be You A Christian Or A Pagan by Johnny1114(m): 8:52am On Dec 05, 2016
first of all. I'm a proud Christian. Now to this wonderful post,men! I love it this guy would make a good philosopher(critical thinker) now let me correct that man can never stop sinning. the moment the first man (Adam) disobeyed man was doomed forever. God's initial plan to have fellowship with him was gone,man now has that part that so ensnares us (the knowledge of evil) this is why Cain could kill Abel, Isaac could deceive his brother, Reuben could sleep with his father's wife, why Ananias and Sapphira could lie to the Holy Ghost, David could commit Adultery, guy them plenty die. but by d sacrifice of one man (Jesus Christ),he has come to give us a life (his life that is sinless) that we through faith might obtain forgiveness of sins. see I still sinned yesterday, but I know that "Christ expressed his love for me in that while I was a sinner Christ died for me".. I simply obtain forgiveness and move on (with d mindset and faith that I go and see no more) Jesus Christ told the prostitute Mary "your sins are forgiven go and sin no more" I will sin I'm not perfect, but yes Ive obtained forgiveness, imagine yourself when you were young you tried walking, many times you fell but it got to a stage.. lol.. you even sleep walk. Christianity is a journey, it's not a teleporting machine. as for d man condemning me (devil) lol... I love that but you should know that God doesn't look on me with my sins, when God looks at me he sees Christ (Christ in me d hope of glory).. Remember Christ said on d cross "Father father why have forsaken me"..meaning Christ took my look (filled with all my sins) and gave me his glorious look (filled with righteousness). Guy Christianity is by Faith. (the Justified shall live by faith).
Re: Why I'm Convinced That No One Will Make Heaven, Be You A Christian Or A Pagan by Nobody: 8:57am On Dec 05, 2016
Just because I'm non religious doesn't mean I have to agree with this. After all the fancy words, the 'ultimate argument' is that the mind cannot be trained. Which us very wrong. Buddhists train themselves not to feel pain when walking in hit coal with their minds. The mind can be trained to do anything and that includes a disinterest in sex/lust
Re: Why I'm Convinced That No One Will Make Heaven, Be You A Christian Or A Pagan by foladara777(m): 9:17am On Dec 05, 2016
4everGod:

I already showed you how myopic your view is and with your own mouth you confirmed it when you answered my questions
What is one saying?? Humans ascribe different punishments for different crimes but your God is not smart or fair enough to do that, everyone gets roasted irrespective of what u do... Plsss, how is that myopic
Re: Why I'm Convinced That No One Will Make Heaven, Be You A Christian Or A Pagan by clarkmos15(m): 9:26am On Dec 05, 2016
OP
when you are in hell...datz wen u would regret this post
Re: Why I'm Convinced That No One Will Make Heaven, Be You A Christian Or A Pagan by Nobody: 10:03am On Dec 05, 2016
foladara777:

What is one saying?? Humans ascribe different punishments for different crimes but your God is not smart or fair enough to do that, everyone gets roasted irrespective of what u do... Plsss, how is that myopic

Its myopic because you do not even understand what you are talking about. If i had a Prison house for offenders whats the point if i begin to tell you about the detailed levels of punishment in that house since all the offenders would still be in the prison house regardless of degree of punishment.

The fact is Prison is Prison or Hell is Hell regardless of the level of punishment. Will you say ok i should continue telling small small lies afterall my punishment in Hell would be small?

The essence of it all is to create a desire for Christs Righteousness which would enable you escape ANY level of punishment.

I honestly think you need to see beyond your hate.
Re: Why I'm Convinced That No One Will Make Heaven, Be You A Christian Or A Pagan by Venovictory(f): 10:30am On Dec 05, 2016
naijadeyhia:

The faithless unbelieving mind would see it as speculations but the FAITH EXPERIENCED soul knows otherwise.
Again you are still assuming and this is a false premise. Your assumption shows you do not believe in it so why waste your energy talking about what you do not believe or accept its reality? Its like saying I DON'T DON'T DO want to eat. Stop being confused.
Thats is not the explanation of Mathew 5:20. Lets go back and read from verse 17
Matt. 5:17 “Do not think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish but to fulfill.
Matt. 5:18 “For truly I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest letter or stroke shall pass from the Law until all is accomplished.
Matt. 5:19 “Whoever then annuls one of the least of these commandments, and teaches others to do the same, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever keeps and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
Matt. 5:20 “For I say to you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will not enter the kingdom of heaven.

Jesus was speaking to the crowd in response to the Pharisees' accusation that Jesus was trying to abolish the Law of God. Jesus refuted this accusation, saying that His purpose in appearing before men was not to abolish anything. Rather, Jesus came to fulfill the Law. The word fulfill in Greek is pleroo, which is also translated "to complete." In other words, Jesus came to complete or accomplish the entire Law.
He goes on to say that heaven and earth will not pass away until the entire Law of God has been accomplished. Jesus is the One Who accomplishes God's Law by keeping the entire Law perfectly. Jesus never sinned during His earthly life, and so as He went to His death on the cross, He had accomplished or completed all the requirements of God's Law. Jesus was referring to His completing of the Law when on the cross He said, "It is finished."
The Pharisees were accusing Jesus of setting the Law aside, while they endeavored to keep it in their own power. Jesus condemned the Pharisees and anyone else who tried to follow their example by saying that unless they could keep the Law even better than the Pharisees kept it, they could not enter the Kingdom of Heaven. This was a daunting challenge, because the Pharisees were scrupulous followers of the Law. If the Pharisees didn't have enough righteousness on their own to enter Heaven, then who could?
[b]Obviously, Jesus was alluding to that answer. No one can earn their way into Heaven, because no one is righteous enough to make it through works. This is precisely why Jesus came to fulfill the Law on our behalf, so that His perfect work could be credited to us on the basis of faith.
Now that the Law has been completed by Jesus on our behalf, we are no longer obligated to keep it ourselves. That is not to suggest that the Law itself has gone away, but only that our obligations to keep it is gone, because Jesus has already kept (i.e., fulfilled, completed, accomplished) it for us. Likewise, anyone who discounts the importance of God's Word will suffer loss.
Jesus is the One Who kept and taught the Law, and as a result, Jesus will be the One Who is called great in the Kingdom of Heaven (Matt 5:19). Believers are not to follow the Law out of obligation, Rather, we teach that the Law has been fulfilled by Christ's work, and we rest in His perfect accomplishment of the Law rather than in our own futile efforts to keep it.
Explained above
1 Corinthians 9:26-27
Therefore I run in such a way, as not without aim; I box in such a way, as not beating the air; but I discipline my body and make it my slave, so that, after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified. If men can discipline themselves PURPOSEFULLY purging the mind of sinful thoughts is extremely easy. It is only an already perverse mind that would find this impossible or a struggle which is why the very foundation to everything is as explained above the RIGHTEOUSNESS IN CHRIST. If your foundation is not Righteous then every other product will not be.

God bless you for this wonderful explanation. Assumption is what is killing christians of today. We read a verse and we think we know the whole bible. We don't wait for the holy spirit to give us the revelation of his word. May God forgive him for his blasphemy

1 Like

Re: Why I'm Convinced That No One Will Make Heaven, Be You A Christian Or A Pagan by Venovictory(f): 10:44am On Dec 05, 2016
NinjaX:

So far so good, none of the speculations has been confirmed as true. And since no-one has journeyed to the land of the spirits and successfully came back on evidence, I believe I can safely assert from a resolute postion that none hold claims to possession of such knowledge in this regard.

However, for the purpose of the thread, using the Christian religion as a yardstick, let's assume heaven does exist, likewise hell.

Therefore, if heaven really exist, the question follows that what then is the ticket a person must possess in order to become an eligible candidate?

(King James Version)

For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Summarily explaining the above verse, you must be RIGHTEOUS according to God's standard of righteousness.

According to the bible, righteousness is when one is absolutely devoid of sin. And sin can take any form - your physical actions, words and thought.

In conclusion, therefore, you must guard these 3 parts of you from sin so you can be sure of making heaven when the last trumpet sounds.

Now, here's why I believe it's more easier for me to jump into the air, visit the comfort station, have a short picnic and pen a short story while still in mid-air before landing, than for you to eschew sin completely.

I'll shift focus to the mind which is where thoughts are formed, because it is the most difficult of the three things I mentioned to put in check. My keen observation and findings have revealed that the mind, at no given point in time, can ever maintain a pure state in totality. You see a well-endowed damsel while plodding the streets, already you are having ideas. You see someone whom nature cheated facially, you say in your mind without speaking out, "damn! That guy is really ugly."

And. . . . . . . Even if you confess your sins away at church, new ones will take position almost immediately. Even before you breath your last on your death bed, you'd conceive wrong thoughts just in time before you die without wanting to. It's like a reflex action. You cannot hold it to a leash. It just happens. Unless of course you are an inanimate object, but then again, objects have no feelings at all.
It's like someone telling you to keep your eyes open yet instructs that you not look at anything. And then asks you, what do you see?
How does that sound?

And this is close to what God requires from us. The sheer complication and complexity of it all. Trying to think this through can just drive a person insane.

ALSO, the biblical God exhibits a system of rule I'd like to term "arbitrary", where he solely determines the do's and don'ts.

Come to think of it, even emperors, kings, queens, rulers, in a fair system, are subject to the laws they use to govern their subordinates. If and when they (these rulers), fall short, they are confronted with those set laws.

But amazingly, It's forbiddingly not so in God's case. He's all supreme. You cannot challenge nor question his decisions. What he says is final. Yet God prides himself fairer than all.

Okay, imagaine if our dear president, Muhammadu Buhari is the God we are talking about, just try to picture what would happen. . .

Here's what I surmised:

- He could send lightening to strike you for criticising him on social media even.

I hope now, after some sober reflection, the implications have dawned on you? Are you kidding me? We would be done for in that event.

Lastly, even though you somehow manage to scale through the hurdle of sin, which I think is a dead impossible feat to achieve, there's still the inescapable problem of the big bad guy having to conclude your final fate.

My dear ladies and gentlemen, the above reasons are why I strongly suggest that we do away with the thought that heaven is "makeable".

It's either this Christian God never wanted us to share his paradise with him in the first place, or he's plain confused, or we are his little experiment to fight boredom, [b]or
it's high time we started acknowledging that everything about the Christian religion is indeed what it rightly is - nothing more than a fictitious sensational tale intended to thrill but was rather badly written.
May God forgive u for this blasphemy. I think u should go home pick ur bible, humble urself and let the holy spirit teach u the word. And please stop being carnal
Re: Why I'm Convinced That No One Will Make Heaven, Be You A Christian Or A Pagan by lepasharon(f): 10:57am On Dec 05, 2016
DedeNkem:

You religious nuts don't cease to amaze me. How anyone could believe in an imaginary god and heaven is beyond lunacy!

Don't annoy God.
Re: Why I'm Convinced That No One Will Make Heaven, Be You A Christian Or A Pagan by Tonystark701: 11:50am On Dec 05, 2016
Young (or Old) man, if you do not want to make heaven, please allow others to. You are not a Christian how then do you know how the system of making heaven works? Our righteousness as Christians is not by what we do right, it is by what Jesus did right on the cross. At the juncture of His death and resurrection our righteous became rested on God through Christ. When Jesus said "Your righteousness must exceed that of the Pharisees, He hadn't died and so they were still under the old covenant; after He died and was raised all you needed to do was to believe (unto righteousness) and confess (unto salvation) (Rom 10:10) and you allow Christ to live His life through you. But I guess if you were a Christian you'd know that already. So go talk about football or something and don't bring your mental reasoning into spiritual matters.
Re: Why I'm Convinced That No One Will Make Heaven, Be You A Christian Or A Pagan by Psoul(m): 11:56am On Dec 05, 2016
NinjaX:

The mind is the major source of concern here. I'm sure even science would have a hard time trying to explain the phenomenon regarding how the human mind works.

You are not serious, are you? grin grin grin grin grin grin

They are not just hight, but absurd as well.

My brother, the mind is not the problem. The problem lies with your upbringing which has serious influence over your conscience.
Let me explain. Your mind is like your eyes and ears. You dont pluck out your eyes or block your ears cos of what you see or hear dat u dont like. The discipline you received from childhood or the one u imposed on yourself is what shapes your conscience.

Every being has a living conscience which tells him/her what is right or not. A disciplined mind will always tilt towards the right side than the bad side. Why is it that you dont go about doing every damn thing that your mind tell you to do. If you can be selective of your actions, a more disciplined mind can do better than that.

On the issue of making heaven, you will not understand it based on the place your mind has already anchored. The thing of the spirit cannot be comprehend with a carnal mind. It is far beyond you until you bring yourself and humble it before Christ Jesus. I know you will still not understand you because you seem to prefer scientific logic to understanding how God works. U are free to believe whatever you are comfortable with. To us Christians, we dont have any problem with the standard our God has set before us. So leave it for us and focus more on your logic.

To me, if i can keep living a relatively righteous life and at the end of this life there is nothing like heaven nor hell; i dont think i have anything to lose for living a righteous life. And if at the end of this life, there is heaven and there is hell; i think i will have every cause to be happy for the life i lived on earth.
Re: Why I'm Convinced That No One Will Make Heaven, Be You A Christian Or A Pagan by foladara777(m): 12:17pm On Dec 05, 2016
4everGod:

Its myopic because you do not even understand what you are talking about. If i had a Prison house for offenders whats the point if i begin to tell you about the detailed levels of punishment in that house since all the offenders would still be in the prison house regardless of degree of punishment.

The fact is Prison is Prison or Hell is Hell regardless of the level of punishment. Will you say ok i should continue telling small small lies afterall my punishment in Hell would be small?

The essence of it all is to create a desire for Christs Righteousness which would enable you escape ANY level of punishment.

I honestly think you need to see beyond your hate.
No... Prison is not prison.. Prison is with different durations and it could be with hard labor... And am not saying u should tell small lies but peradventure u lie, u don't deserve to be burnt forever
So, because Christ wants us to desire him, he threatens us with eternal roasting... It's just like I want a girl to love me but she ends up not loving me and I decide to throw her into fire... What kind of person does that act make me??
Re: Why I'm Convinced That No One Will Make Heaven, Be You A Christian Or A Pagan by Nobody: 12:19pm On Dec 05, 2016
foladara777:

No... Prison is not prison.. Prison is with different durations and it could be with hard labor... And am not saying u should tell small lies but peradventure u lie, u don't deserve to be burnt forever
So, because Christ wants us to desire him, he threatens us with eternal roasting... It's just like I want a girl to love me but she ends up not loving me and I decide to throw her into fire... What kind of person does that act make me??

You are confused son. You see only what you want to see and for someone like you its useless wasting my time chatting. Enjoy
Re: Why I'm Convinced That No One Will Make Heaven, Be You A Christian Or A Pagan by segcymoor(m): 12:20pm On Dec 05, 2016
NinjaX:
One of the greatest mystery of the century that man has yet to unravel is the big question of what happens after death.

This question is so mind-boggling that over the years it has been accorded different answers by people from various walks of life.

(King James Version)

How does that sound?

Here's what I surmised:

Well, u.reason.... but are u convinced they will.make.hell then?
Re: Why I'm Convinced That No One Will Make Heaven, Be You A Christian Or A Pagan by Psoul(m): 12:30pm On Dec 05, 2016
DedeNkem:

God Can ride in the Trunk ! Remember the e-mail?

I recieved an e-mail about a teen girl who was experiencing dating and car joy-riding. When she took off on a date her Mom`s words were," May God ride with you." The girl who was in a car loaded with teens replied, " If he does, " He`ll have to ride in the trunk as there is no room in here. Later, the car was in a crash and all the teens didn`t survive. Yet, the whole car was demolished but the trunk. When the cops opened the trunk inside they saw a crate of eggs, all intact not one crack in them. How was it that all the teens perished yet these eggs were unscathed?
How can you explain this?
Re: Why I'm Convinced That No One Will Make Heaven, Be You A Christian Or A Pagan by prinxemmanuel(m): 12:40pm On Dec 05, 2016
NinjaX:
@Naijadeyhia

You didn't do justice to the question I posed in the slightest. Your response is far below the belt, far far below what I was expecting.

You only went about gathering the harvested wheats together with the tares in the process of aiming to counter my assertions, lumping everything together in a violent conflagaration and ended up destroying everything, losing out woefully on both sides.

Most of what you wrote up there are not new to me.

Still it does not change the fact that God acts in random ways thus even if you are righteous till death, entering heaven is not yet certain. And also, you cannot abstain from sin completely. To hell with all that crap about discipline.

No individual is a saint. We are all tainted with bad thoughts - the more effort you exert to overcome the urge, the more you are given to it. While some are consumed with it - and those are the ones sent to prison/sanctioned because they backed their thoughts with actions.

You are walking your reason through a one-sided tunnel. At least be open-minded a little. That would help.

And when I made mention of confessing sins, I was actually alluding to the fact that sins can be confessed anywhere, anytime.

I'm not a catholic, I'm an anglican, but that's not relevant to the discourse.
....NinjaX or wetin you call yurself, hv you sold your soul to d devil?..what is your point exactly, oh, dt d existence of God isnt true, or maybe d Bible was jst fabricated?..i wonder who brainwashed you..you said sumtin bao not bin able to control one's thoughts, dts exactly y d Bible says my GRACE is sufficient for all men..r you so "perverted" dt you cnt take your eyes off a lady in a tight skirt...my broda, God cannot be mocked, and if he's unfair do you think yu'd be alive tdai or u think yur beta dn doz wu are no more?..f nt for his mercies!..yur soul seems lost, will be praying for you..your perceptions bout life is rili ODD..stay BLESSED!
Re: Why I'm Convinced That No One Will Make Heaven, Be You A Christian Or A Pagan by foladara777(m): 12:55pm On Dec 05, 2016
4everGod:

You are confused son. You see only what you want to see and for someone like you its useless wasting my time chatting. Enjoy
As usual... Run away when the folly of your beliefs are exposed... With the frequency with which u run, even Mo'Farah can't compete with u grin
Re: Why I'm Convinced That No One Will Make Heaven, Be You A Christian Or A Pagan by KingOfAmebo(m): 1:04pm On Dec 05, 2016
NinjaX:

(King James Version)

How does that sound?

Here's what I surmised:

Do you believe in spiritual realms?...if yes, then what makes you think heaven is impossible? If no, then do you believe in spirits? If yes, then how is it possible to believe spirits exist and they have no home?...If you don't believe in spirits then use google, I am sure you will find alot of articles about spirits and real life experiences.

By the way, have you come across the scriptural verse that says "it's not by power nor by might but by my spirit says they Lord" all you need is to believe in Jesus Christ as your personal lord and saviour, study his words and pray for grace. Your works and righteousness can't help you make heaven (that's why it is called "self-righteousness", which of course is a sin)

I have visited the realm of the spirit and I know what I am talking about...you can either believe it or not, I can't convince you enough of its existence unless by God's grace he chooses to take you there himself.

Thank me later...glory be to God for his wisdom.
Re: Why I'm Convinced That No One Will Make Heaven, Be You A Christian Or A Pagan by Nobody: 1:15pm On Dec 05, 2016
foladara777:

As usual... Run away when the folly of your beliefs are exposed... With the frequency with which u run, even Mo'Farah can't compete with u grin

Its always best to run away from stupidity least i get infected! You seem fixated on exposing something.....whatever that is why not open a thread specifically meant for that and go right ahead with doing that instead of making yourself look stupid everywhere.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Why I'm Convinced That No One Will Make Heaven, Be You A Christian Or A Pagan by foladara777(m): 1:24pm On Dec 05, 2016
4everGod:

Its always best to run away from stupidity least i get infected! You seem fixated on exposing something.....whatever that is why not open a thread specifically meant for that and go right ahead with doing that instead of making yourself look stupid everywhere.
U are not like the average idiot, your idiocy is made all the more worrying by the confidence with which it is displayed... If God really made human beings, you are conclusive proof that he didn't do a totally good job... I mean it's either he was sleeping or drunk
U are comparing hell fire with a prison sentence, show us why the comparison shouldn't be done and your only response is that am confused... If u don't have a response, then don't comment... U can't show why prison is equivalent to hell fire and now u are running for cover

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Guy Dancing In Church Chased By Ushers (Hilarious Video) / Prophet Joshua Iginla Prophesied About Buhari, Defection Saga In 2018 / DSS Arrests Tareri Avwomakpa Over Whatsapp Message Supporting Johnson Suleman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 154
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.