Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,894 members, 7,802,877 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:52 AM

Sense Vs Faith - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Sense Vs Faith (861 Views)

Diana Asamoah: Those Who Drink Alcohol Don’t Have Sense – Evangelist Says / The Science, Logic, And Common Sense Of Faith / 10 Reasons Christianity Makes No Sense (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sense Vs Faith by MizFrances(f): 11:58am On Dec 04, 2016
Hymar Idibie David wrote: I always smile when I read a post by my atheist friends which begins with "Read and Receive Sense" or its cocky equivalent. Those better educated people don't realize they are the butt of their own jokes. Sense. That's the irony. Sense. That's why I would never bother arguing with an atheist. Because they deal with sense. I deal with faith. Planets apart. Does it even make sense to you? they would ask. No. Because it is not supposed to make sense. It is supposed to make faith. For the just shall live by faith. The justified by Jesus live by faith. The world says seeing is believing. The bible says "only believe and you will see the glory of God" The world says if you have no money, you are broke. The word says, Let no man glory in men for all things are yours. (All things are yours so give God thanks) Jesus looked at ten lepers, and said 'Go show yourselves to the priests' It didn't make sense. You only Go to the priests when you are cleansed. Not before. But God calls those things which are not as though they are. Because God is a faith God. Jesus said to Thomas, because you have seen me you have believed. Translation: Because I came down to your sense level, you are forming faith. This is not faith. If you wait to see everything sorted out before you declare, 'All things are working out together for my good, ' Jesus is saying, Because you don chop belleful you dey form God is my provider abi? Atheists mock: The Lord is not my shepherd, sheep are dumb, I am not dumb, I am not a sheep. Because they don't understand the key word is not sheep but SHEPHERD. There will always be times when we just cannot form ironman, lone ranger, big bad wolf. We will be looking for that person who knows better than us. That person we can trust with our lives. That person we can sag our weary bodies against. Even common sense would tell you we all need shepherds. We are all sheep whether some people want to form sabi pass or not. We know nothing. We only try to theorize things to make ourselves feel better. Safer. The lord is my Shepherd and i don't give a Bleep what anyone else says about it. I think that's why christians suffer depression. Because they wander away. Because they switch off from their source of faith. Of strength. Jesus said, Come unto me all ye that labour and are heavy ladden and I will give you rest. Why are you depressed instead of rested? Because you are not looking unto Jesus, you are looking unto man. And woman. And papa and mama and James and John and Daddy G. O. Jesus said, Peace I leave with you, my peace i give unto you. Not as the world gives do I give unto you. Jesus acknowledged the world will give peace. Then he goes, but the peace i give you is not the same as world peace. World peace is when everything is falling into place. When you are at a beautiful beach, no stress, drinking fine wine. The Jesus peace that passes understanding is when things are not working out yet, but you are still radiant and smiling. Only Jesus can give you that. It doesn't make sense. Because it is not supposed to. It makes faith. Dear Christian, if you mind those 'common sense' practitioners, you are on your own. God will not always make sense. God doesn't always make sense. God doesn't have to make sense to you if you believe. When you start applying sense to the things of the spirit, you start walking in carnality, in your own wisdom, in your own natural abilities. You start backsliding. Backsliding doesn't necessarily come because of sin. But unbelief. So, dear Christian, be bold in your 'foolishness' Let them craft fine grammar. Let them call you names. Let them insult your generation. The bible says, be not deceived, God is not mocked. Nor can His children. Nor should they.
Re: Sense Vs Faith by mumels(m): 12:22am On Dec 20, 2016
MizFrances:
Hymar Idibie David wrote:
I always smile when I read a post by my atheist friends which
begins with "Read and Receive Sense" or its cocky equivalent.
Those better educated people don't realize they are the butt
of their own jokes.
Sense.
That's the irony.
Sense.
That's why I would never bother arguing with an atheist.
Because they deal with sense. I deal with faith.
Planets apart.
Does it even make sense to you? they would ask.
No.
Because it is not supposed to make sense. It is supposed to
make faith.
For the just shall live by faith.
The justified by Jesus live by faith.
The world says seeing is believing.
The bible says "only believe and you will see the glory of God"
The world says if you have no money, you are broke.
The word says, Let no man glory in men for all things are
yours.
(All things are yours so give God thanks)
Jesus looked at ten lepers, and said 'Go show yourselves to
the priests'
It didn't make sense. You only Go to the priests when you are
cleansed. Not before.
But God calls those things which are not as though they are.
Because God is a faith God.
Jesus said to Thomas, because you have seen me you have
believed.
Translation: Because I came down to your sense level, you are
forming faith. This is not faith.
If you wait to see everything sorted out before you declare,
'All things are working out together for my good, ' Jesus is
saying, Because you don chop belleful you dey form God is my
provider abi?
Atheists mock: The Lord is not my shepherd, sheep are dumb,
I am not dumb, I am not a sheep.
Because they don't understand the key word is not sheep but
SHEPHERD.
There will always be times when we just cannot form ironman,
lone ranger, big bad wolf. We will be looking for that person
who knows better than us. That person we can trust with our
lives. That person we can sag our weary bodies against.
Even common sense would tell you we all need shepherds.
We are all sheep whether some people want to form sabi pass
or not. We know nothing. We only try to theorize things to
make ourselves feel better. Safer.
The lord is my Shepherd and i don't give a Bleep what anyone
else says about it.
I think that's why christians suffer depression. Because they
wander away. Because they switch off from their source of
faith. Of strength. Jesus said, Come unto me all ye that
labour and are heavy ladden and I will give you rest.
Why are you depressed instead of rested? Because you are
not looking unto Jesus, you are looking unto man. And
woman. And papa and mama and James and John and
Daddy G. O.
Jesus said, Peace I leave with you, my peace i give unto you.
Not as the world gives do I give unto you.
Jesus acknowledged the world will give peace. Then he goes,
but the peace i give you is not the same as world peace.
World peace is when everything is falling into place. When you
are at a beautiful beach, no stress, drinking fine wine.
The Jesus peace that passes understanding is when things are
not working out yet, but you are still radiant and smiling.
Only Jesus can give you that.
It doesn't make sense. Because it is not supposed to. It
makes faith.
Dear Christian, if you mind those 'common sense'
practitioners, you are on your own.
God will not always make sense.
God doesn't always make sense.
God doesn't have to make sense to you if you believe.
When you start applying sense to the things of the spirit, you
start walking in carnality, in your own wisdom, in your own
natural abilities. You start backsliding.
Backsliding doesn't necessarily come because of sin. But
unbelief.
So, dear Christian, be bold in your 'foolishness'
Let them craft fine grammar. Let them call you names. Let
them insult your generation.
The bible says, be not deceived, God is not mocked.
Nor can His children.
Nor should they.

Nice piece. Though you could have spaced where necessary. Nice though.
By the way you look beautiful at your Profile Pics. Keep it up.

1 Like

Re: Sense Vs Faith by Niflheim(m): 11:46am On Dec 20, 2016
@OP,

1."The bible says only believe and you will see the glory of god"..................then why don't you use belief to findva cure for ebola?

2.Shepherds are not good to their sheep!!! They groom them for the 'last supper'!!!

3."That person we can sag our waery bodies against".......................Kim Kardashian?

4."So dear christian, be bold in your foolishness".................This is horrible advice from a 'caring christian'!!! This is what lead to the eating of grass, torn pants and consumption of sewage water!!!

1 Like

Re: Sense Vs Faith by Niflheim(m): 11:48am On Dec 20, 2016
@OP,

1."The bible says only believe and you will see the glory of god"..................then why don't you use belief to find a cure for ebola?

2.Shepherds are not good to their sheep!!! They groom them for the 'last supper'!!!

3."That person we can sag our waery bodies against".......................Kim Kardashian?

4."So dear christian, be bold in your foolishness".................This is horrible advice from a 'caring christian'!!! This is what lead to the eating of grass, torn pants and consumption of sewage water!!!
Re: Sense Vs Faith by MizFrances(f): 10:10am On Jan 07, 2017
mumels:

Nice piece. Though you could have spaced where necessary. Nice though. By the way you look beautiful at your Profile Pics. Keep it up.
Yeah... it's the way i copied it sha.. that's why it's spaced like that. And thanks ☺☺

1 Like

Re: Sense Vs Faith by Proudlyngwa(m): 10:30am On Jan 07, 2017
You don't convince people with something they don't believe inThe only way of derailing a train from its track is if something greater than the force of the train hits its track.
Stop trying to convince Atheist with quotations from the bible they don't believe in.
Re: Sense Vs Faith by Nobody: 1:04pm On Jan 07, 2017
Proudlyngwa:
You don't convince people with something they don't believe inThe only way of derailing a train from its track is if something greater than the force of the train hits its track.
Stop trying to convince Atheist with quotations from the bible they don't believe in.

Yea.
Re: Sense Vs Faith by peacesamuel94(m): 1:12pm On Jan 07, 2017
sense and faith are not antagonistic, it is sensible to have faith, to believe the world has a creator. I don't think it's really necessary to separate them.

(1) (Reply)

Top 10 Most Dangerous Countries For Christians / Why Scientists Haven’t Discovered Hell Yet? / Old Testement Tells Us Not To Trust The Son Of Man.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.