Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,846 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:00 AM

Just In: Former Minister Of Commerce And Industry Is Dead - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Just In: Former Minister Of Commerce And Industry Is Dead (632 Views)

Throwback Photo Of Audu Ogbeh As Minister Of Communication In 1982 / Ikoyigate: DO NOT Make Public Your Findings, Former Minister Warns Osinbajo!!! / Photos From The Funeral Of Former Minister Of Commerce And Industry, Bola Kufori (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Just In: Former Minister Of Commerce And Industry Is Dead by ndmaino: 5:40pm On Dec 04, 2016
Though the details are still sketchy, but a former Nigerian minister is said to have passed away on Saturday at the age of 80.

Dr. Bola Kuforiji-Olubi 

A former minister of Commerce and Industry, Dr. Bola Kuforiji-Olubi, 80, is reportedly dead.

She was said to have died, Saturday morning in Lagos.

An online platform, The Elites reported that she died at 11:30am.

The banker, recently visited President Muhammadu Buhari to thank him for his contribution to her success. She said that it was Buhari as a military Head of State that appointed her the first female Chairman of United Bank for Africa.

She said, “Having turned 80, I looked at my life and made a list of those who contributed to what I have become in my life and the name of President Muhammadu Buhari came topmost on the list.

“This is why I am here to pay my respect and thank him,” she said.

Dr. Olubi was born September 28, 1936. The former ICAN president graduated from the University of London in 1963. She was appointed the first female chairman of the United Bank for Africa, UBA in 1984.
Re: Just In: Former Minister Of Commerce And Industry Is Dead by plainol(m): 5:47pm On Dec 04, 2016
Trying to bring Bubu to an obituary, Lord Have Mercy.
Re: Just In: Former Minister Of Commerce And Industry Is Dead by Mynd44: 6:10pm On Dec 04, 2016
Re: Just In: Former Minister Of Commerce And Industry Is Dead by sluk(m): 7:06pm On Dec 04, 2016
Oh Lawd, former this and that dying every now and then, what ever happened to the current executive, hug?

We love bubu but we know you love him most. Please do the needful, we shall surely live to praise and worship and thank you always.

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Gets Date To Present 2017 Budget To National assembly / Why I Conceded Defeat To Gen. Buhari In 2015 – Ex President, Goodluck Jonathan / PDP Paying Dearly For The Stubbornness,Disobedience Of Fayose,Others—Bode George

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.