Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,047 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:45 AM

Ooni Ogunwusi And Olugbo Akinruntan In Supremacy Battle - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ooni Ogunwusi And Olugbo Akinruntan In Supremacy Battle (39491 Views)

Ooni Ogunwusi And Silekunola Moronke Naomi's First Outing (Picture) / Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi And Naomi Oluwaseyi Wedding Photos / Ooni Ogunwusi And Wuraola’s Marriage Crashes - TheCapital.NG Claims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi And Olugbo Akinruntan In Supremacy Battle by STFUand4kMeHARD(m): 8:25am On Dec 05, 2016
LecciGucci:
But this yoruba people sef shaa
I still dnt understand how a whole tribe would be so deluded that their ancestors FALL FROM HEAVEN..oh my goooooooh grin grin grin grin grin

then he must be among those that GOD chased down alongside Lucifer grin grin grin.

Nowonder their hatred
So apt! cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi And Olugbo Akinruntan In Supremacy Battle by TimeManager(m): 8:26am On Dec 05, 2016
Godprotectigbo2:
grin

but who is OONI and olugbo

i dont know them tongue
Nyanmiri, if you know OSU that should be good enough for you.
Truth is mine!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi And Olugbo Akinruntan In Supremacy Battle by mu2sa2: 8:27am On Dec 05, 2016
Yoruba vs Yoruba. Shikena!

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi And Olugbo Akinruntan In Supremacy Battle by fotadmowmend(m): 8:27am On Dec 05, 2016
He dare not try that with Olubuse II

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi And Olugbo Akinruntan In Supremacy Battle by Nobody: 8:27am On Dec 05, 2016
bloggers be using wrong and useless headings just to capture attentions, see u pple should learn how to use the ryt headings and stop causing panic mtschew

but ugbo abi Na wetin dem be are nowhere to be found in the history of d Yoruba's o I mean formation story abi Na werin una dey call am
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi And Olugbo Akinruntan In Supremacy Battle by TimeManager(m): 8:28am On Dec 05, 2016
LecciGucci:
But this yoruba people sef shaa
I still dnt understand how a whole tribe would be so deluded that their ancestors FALL FROM HEAVEN..oh my goooooooh grin grin grin grin grin

then he must be among those that GOD chased down alongside Lucifer grin grin grin.

Nowonder their hatred
Have you ever heard of "Legend"?
Truth is mine!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi And Olugbo Akinruntan In Supremacy Battle by samsam2019: 8:29am On Dec 05, 2016
Vessi:
Which kind Yoruba history be this seff, say pesin fall from heaven with chicken and calabash?! Lwkmd.

Maybe their god oduduwa is the Biblical Fallen Angel of Lucifer sent down from heaven?! The two leaders are confused and are distorting their own history. Yoruba's have no authentic history and that is why they keep distorting it, lying with use of propaganda. Alaafin of Oyo go soon talk Moremi na Hausa-Fulani. Useless people!
but your believe your fake Jesus ascended to heaven abi?

That donkeys and snakes talk?

You're a fool

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi And Olugbo Akinruntan In Supremacy Battle by dokunbam(m): 8:30am On Dec 05, 2016
Tolexander:
Obat seems to be just wealthy but lacks the place of reasoning and understanding on this Moremi issue!

Moremi had a strategy to liberate her people (Ife) from the incessant raids by the ugbo in masquerade-like costumes, this made them looked like super being . She went to River Esinmirin to pray and promised to sacrifice his son, Oluorogbo, to the river if she comes back.

During the next ugbo raid, Moremi surrendered herself to be captured and taken to ugboland. There she was married by the king for some years. She got to know the secret of these ugbo people and sneaked out one day back to Ife.

The following raid by the ugbo, Moremi had prepared her people (Ife) against the raid, the ugbo raiders were conquered and defeated. That ends the incessant raid by the ugbos on Ife land.

Ife is strategic place in the historical values of Yoruba people, how would someone in the place of King Obateru tell the Yoruba race not to celebrate the liberator (or liberatress if their is a place of feminizing) of the town, Ife?

Just like telling the Europeans not to celebrate Arthur Wellesley for conquering Napoleon Bonaparte at the battle of Waterloo, when France had almost got the whole of Europe to herself. Though France may not like him.

Or telling the Jews to call Queen Esther a villain from saving her people from Hamman
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi And Olugbo Akinruntan In Supremacy Battle by geozone: 8:30am On Dec 05, 2016
they badly had to make this arguement public? and let the pro biafrans observe and note that should they succeed , in pulling out of Nigeria there will be other skirmishes that will cause a further break up. it will be some sort of disintergration. the same goes for all tribes. you disintegrate till your fathers compound in your village flies its own national flag

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi And Olugbo Akinruntan In Supremacy Battle by awayeyebundle: 8:34am On Dec 05, 2016
Oba Akinruntan is right...on the other hands of Ooni of Ife Moremi did the right thing to liberate her people (Ile ife) from slavery of Ugbo...We yoruba are full of History..this stroy my father told me that the same thing Oba Ugbo Akinruntan is saying...Moremi did what she does deliberately to see the secret of those warrior that come to invade her people away to slavery...Ooni of Ife should have been someone can have father at living at present that did not mean anything but i've not heard that anybody used on becoming Kings in Yoruba land should be from Mother's side that is against the tradition of our land...everything is not money...but now na money dey buy even Kings throne..EYIN AGBA ETUN YORUBA SE..

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi And Olugbo Akinruntan In Supremacy Battle by LecciGucci: 8:35am On Dec 05, 2016
TimeManager:
Have you ever heard of "Legend"?
Truth is mine!

Which truth are u talking abt.. undecided
I hav neva seen such a deluded poeple in my life

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi And Olugbo Akinruntan In Supremacy Battle by muyibaba222(m): 8:37am On Dec 05, 2016
How is this one supremacy battle? Both of them should go back to history class

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi And Olugbo Akinruntan In Supremacy Battle by adeboizy11(m): 8:38am On Dec 05, 2016
fotadmowmend:
He dare not try that with Olubuse II
Abi ooooo! Lt ooni Sijuade a.k.a baba Adetokunbo for Don lash nonsense commot him body like he did to that ex boxer uncle Lamidi

3 Likes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi And Olugbo Akinruntan In Supremacy Battle by Nobody: 8:41am On Dec 05, 2016
Vessi:
Lalasticlala come and dump this thread in front page abeg. Two so-called yoruba leaders have started fighting eachother again over supremacy. Awolowo Versus Akintola, Tinubu versus Fayemi/Fashola, Oni of Ife versus Olugbo of Ugbo.gringrin ndi ofe mmanu.

At least it is better than FFK banging your hero and your hero died of the heart attack it caused him!!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi And Olugbo Akinruntan In Supremacy Battle by mfm04622: 8:41am On Dec 05, 2016
plainol:
This is mere disagreement on facts and not some supremacy battle as portrayed by the op.

Olugbo will soon be thoroughly lectured. He (Olugbo) can present his facts. The Ooni should present his also.

Historians will surely authenticate which is right.

It is certainly a supremacy battle! Olugbo claimed Ife was under his control. That Ife was one of the 13 small regions under his control. That his ancestors received Oduduwa when he arrived.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi And Olugbo Akinruntan In Supremacy Battle by Triniti(m): 8:42am On Dec 05, 2016
This Oduduwa heaven/mecca story is just so lame

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi And Olugbo Akinruntan In Supremacy Battle by adeboizy11(m): 8:42am On Dec 05, 2016
awayeyebundle:
Oba Akinruntan is right...on the other hands of Ooni of Ife Moremi did the right thing to liberate her people (Ile ife) from slavery of Ugbo...We yoruba are full of History..this stroy my father told me that the same thing Oba Ugbo Akinruntan is saying...Moremi did what she does deliberately to see the secret of those warrior that come to invade her people away to slavery...Ooni of Ife should have been someone can have father at living at present that did not mean anything but i've not heard that anybody used on becoming Kings in Yoruba land should be from Mother's side that is against the tradition of our land...everything is not money...but now na money dey buy even Kings throne..EYIN AGBA ETUN YORUBA SE..

So that o maa dara
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi And Olugbo Akinruntan In Supremacy Battle by emmasege: 8:42am On Dec 05, 2016
Tolexander:
Obat seems to be just wealthy but lacks the place of reasoning and understanding on this Moremi issue!

Moremi had a strategy to liberate her people (Ife) from the incessant raids by the ugbo in masquerade-like costumes, this made them looked like super being . She went to River Esinmirin to pray and promised to sacrifice his son, Oluorogbo, to the river if she comes back.

During the next ugbo raid, Moremi surrendered herself to be captured and taken to ugboland. There she was married by the king for some years. She got to know the secret of these ugbo people and sneaked out one day back to Ife.

The following raid by the ugbo, Moremi had prepared her people (Ife) against the raid, the ugbo raiders were conquered and defeated. That ends the incessant raid by the ugbos on Ife land.

Ife is strategic place in the historical values of Yoruba people, how would someone in the place of King Obateru tell the Yoruba race not to celebrate the liberator (or liberatress if their is a place of feminizing) of the town, Ife?

Just like telling the Europeans not to celebrate Arthur Wellesley for conquering Napoleon Bonaparte at the battle of Waterloo, when France had almost got the whole of Europe to herself. Though France may not like him.

Or telling the Jews to call Queen Esther a villain from saving her people from Hamman
God bless you for this incisive response and comment. I'm not from Ife but have heard this story told over and over. I also remember listening to a playlet on a record plate so many years ago, as a kid, which narrates the story and reason why Moremi's memory can never be forgotten in the history of Ife culture, and Yoruba culture.

Well, the skin-bleaching king is not full-blooded Yoruba and his ancestry is questionable (neither here nor there), so what do you expect him to say?

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi And Olugbo Akinruntan In Supremacy Battle by RillJ(m): 8:43am On Dec 05, 2016
Be content bro, Oduduwa originated from the nearby Edo, not Mecca n certainly not from the sky. The Yoruba however find this tough to accept for obvious reasons.

tafabaloo:
I'm a yoruba man but the story of Oduduwa being the progenitor of the Yoruba race is tainted with fallacies.

The Biblical account of origin of different languages appears factual than the so called trekking from Middle- East as well as that of being dropped by chain from heaven

Unfortunately, it appears we cannot trace our origin and let's accept it as the truth.

Anyway, I stand to be corrected if you are armed with indisputable fact.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi And Olugbo Akinruntan In Supremacy Battle by Nobody: 8:44am On Dec 05, 2016
WE ALL KNOW THE THRONE IN ILE IFE HAS ITS ROOT FROM THE GREAT BENIN EMPIRE

THE UGBOS WERE THE ORIGINAL PPL IN ILE IFE BEFORE THE BENIN PRINCE CAME TO IFE

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi And Olugbo Akinruntan In Supremacy Battle by Antoeni(m): 8:45am On Dec 05, 2016
Oba of Benin and the benin kingdom remains the greatest, and culture well preserved

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi And Olugbo Akinruntan In Supremacy Battle by Orikinla(m): 8:46am On Dec 05, 2016
Fact is Oduduwa came from Benin. His name was Oduwa.
Ask famous Nollywood filmmaker Lancelot Imasuen Oduwa for the details.

Oduduwa did not come from East of Mecca.

The Throne of Oni of Ife is not for showmanship and showbizness.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi And Olugbo Akinruntan In Supremacy Battle by Nobody: 8:46am On Dec 05, 2016
Antoeni:
Oba of Benin and the benin kingdom remains the greatest, and culture well preserved

OBA KHA TO KPE...ISEEEEE

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi And Olugbo Akinruntan In Supremacy Battle by lmm4real: 8:47am On Dec 05, 2016
Chai when even the traditional rulers can not remember history undecided

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi And Olugbo Akinruntan In Supremacy Battle by Pascal181: 8:48am On Dec 05, 2016
One of them is right and d other is wrong period! Next...
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi And Olugbo Akinruntan In Supremacy Battle by Holarbizzy042(f): 8:50am On Dec 05, 2016
samsam2019:
but your believe your fake Jesus ascended to heaven abi?

That donkeys and snakes talk?

You're a fool
May you be ever prosperous. You just spoke my mind. That fool up there also believe that God created the world in 7days, "we" are all from a single parent "Mr Adam" and "Mrs Eve" yet we have some many races.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi And Olugbo Akinruntan In Supremacy Battle by Ishilove: 8:50am On Dec 05, 2016
'Imperial Majesty' is a wrong title. The so-called director of Public Affairs acting as a mouth piece of the Ooni should know that.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi And Olugbo Akinruntan In Supremacy Battle by fapcrook(m): 8:59am On Dec 05, 2016
DONSMITH123:
Call me who will later be announce as the winner
you know wan listen to any story abi?
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi And Olugbo Akinruntan In Supremacy Battle by olabombshell: 9:00am On Dec 05, 2016
Vessi:
Which kind Yoruba history be this seff, say pesin fall from heaven with chicken and calabash?! Lwkmd.

Maybe their god oduduwa is the Biblical Fallen Angel of Lucifer sent down from heaven?! The two leaders are confused and are distorting their own history. Yoruba's have no authentic history and that is why they keep distorting it, lying with use of propaganda. Alaafin of Oyo go soon talk Moremi na Hausa-Fulani. Useless people!
your unborn generation will be useless

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi And Olugbo Akinruntan In Supremacy Battle by bejeria101(m): 9:02am On Dec 05, 2016
Yoruba demons!
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi And Olugbo Akinruntan In Supremacy Battle by samsam2019: 9:05am On Dec 05, 2016
Holarbizzy042:
May you be ever prosperous. You just spoke my mind. That fool up there also believe that God created the world in 7days, "we" are all from a single parent "Mr Adam" and "Mrs Eve" yet we have some many races.
lol he believes we all come from 2 white people but doesn't believe in evolution

The insanity of the religious is quite disturbing

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi And Olugbo Akinruntan In Supremacy Battle by DONSMITH123(m): 9:06am On Dec 05, 2016
fapcrook:
you know wan listen to any story abi?

abi my brother

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man Carrying A Live Crocodile On His Back At A Festival In Kano (Photos) / Huge Crowd At Osun-Osogbo Festival (Photos) / Yoruba The Canaanite - As Narrated By Muhammad Bello, Ruler Of Sokoto Caliphate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.