Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,769 members, 7,806,119 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:43 AM

Etisalat Flash Fiction 2016 Shortlist- Top 50( Nairalanders Rep us wella) - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Etisalat Flash Fiction 2016 Shortlist- Top 50( Nairalanders Rep us wella) (8594 Views)

Lesley Arimah And Tochukwu Okafor Make 2019 Cain Prize Shortlist / No Winners For 2016 Etisalat Flash Fiction / To Participants: Was Etisalat Flash Fiction A Fair Competition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Etisalat Flash Fiction 2016 Shortlist- Top 50( Nairalanders Rep us wella) by iyababs: 3:21pm On Dec 07, 2016
I am still wondering why 3rd mainland bridge did not make it into the first 50?It was a good story after the wait,i read all the stories.
Re: Etisalat Flash Fiction 2016 Shortlist- Top 50( Nairalanders Rep us wella) by Divepen1(m): 7:03pm On Dec 07, 2016
iyababs:
I am still wondering why 3rd mainland bridge did not make it into the first 50?It was a good story after the wait,i read all the stories.
I also love that story
Re: Etisalat Flash Fiction 2016 Shortlist- Top 50( Nairalanders Rep us wella) by poksmahn(m): 9:41pm On Dec 07, 2016
iyababs:
yeah.. really nice story.. did you check out prize fighter?
Re: Etisalat Flash Fiction 2016 Shortlist- Top 50( Nairalanders Rep us wella) by effsamuel3: 12:04am On Dec 15, 2016
Divepen1:
Over a 1000? Wow...
Third Mainland Bridge was a sad miss, a couple of others too. I read too many of them, I read about 1900 stories of the 2898 stories...many of us here did not dig that deep.
I had a story in there too, The Sinner, it was "hidden" even when I had the link, like every other story. So, two days to end of voting, my story disappeared after 309 votes. I complained...no way. The "top 50" came out with and it was not there, yet I had more votes than half in there. I had nothing to lose outside the pains of explanations to the many who believed in it even more than I did, being that it took me one simple hour to write. I complained more and demanded at least an explanation as I had screenshots. In time, people on their Facebook page saw the evidence and joined in crying out, demanding justice.
Yesterday, they apologized on their page and brought back the stories illegally taken off. It is now top 77, and even when I may be regarded as a stubborn 'sinner', The Sinner rightly made the longlist!

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Attach A Downloadable File On My Website / Dental Mental / The Blame Switch - A Short Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.