Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,897 members, 7,802,891 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:00 AM

How To Build Your Comfortable House Earning Little - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How To Build Your Comfortable House Earning Little (43171 Views)

How Much Will It Cost To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City? / How To Build Your Comfortable House Earning Little (detailed) Pt 2 / Factors To Consider When Buying / Renting A House - Comfortable Housing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Build Your Comfortable House Earning Little by saydfact(m): 7:41am On Dec 09, 2016
smithjanetstore:
Saydfact so all this could be Like how much

I'm thinking of doing a thread where we'll break it down - cost for cost.

dont be afraid, money is the least worries.... just start and see where you land

1 Like

Re: How To Build Your Comfortable House Earning Little by DonX001: 7:58am On Dec 09, 2016
Imoy:

Pls ignore that dimwit.

Its only a dimwit dat will not see hw relevant this thread has been.

The guy stands ignored already. No point in wasting my energy on people that choose to be a waste on this earth.
Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: How To Build Your Comfortable House Earning Little by chikenicholas(m): 3:40pm On Dec 09, 2016
nice and educative post OP

1 Like

Re: How To Build Your Comfortable House Earning Little by saydfact(m): 3:45pm On Dec 09, 2016
chikenicholas:
nice and educative post OP

Thanks please watch out for the next article (continuation) - we'll go into more details then.
Re: How To Build Your Comfortable House Earning Little by favouryemmy: 3:46pm On Dec 09, 2016
saydfact:

The truth is if we begin to consider these IMPORTANT, then those these article are meant for cannot afford it. If your land is in a developing area, then you can actually build because approval authorities are probably with no access yet to those area.

However if your land is in the city, well developed area then SURVEY PLAN AND APPROVAL could be about or close to 1 million on its own.

This articles considers those buying lands in developing area...

Well said folmus; C of O is not important before building, rather after the building is completed.

You shouldn't have advised people not to do a survey plan and approval. I wish to know if you are a professional in the building industry and your profession. If you don't produce the survey plan and approve the drawing before construction, it's like postponing the evil day. In that case you will have to pay a penalty when the time comes. If anyone that has hundreds of thousands to start construction of a building should also have money to survey and approve its drawings. It all depends on orientation

1 Like

Re: How To Build Your Comfortable House Earning Little by saydfact(m): 4:04pm On Dec 09, 2016
pls check further down (up) where i explained more about survey plan and approval.... thanks
Re: How To Build Your Comfortable House Earning Little by oduncojamaica(m): 4:44pm On Dec 09, 2016
@ saythefact Pls I need quantity of material needed for german floor of size 44 by 24 feet

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Build Your Comfortable House Earning Little by saydfact(m): 10:27pm On Dec 09, 2016
oduncojamaica:
@ saythefact
Pls I need quantity of material needed for german floor of size 44 by 24 feet

I'll get back tomorrow, just seeing this... It's saydfact. Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Build Your Comfortable House Earning Little by saydfact(m): 12:06am On Dec 10, 2016
@ admcompub pls note..

1 Like

Re: How To Build Your Comfortable House Earning Little by saydfact(m): 9:40am On Dec 10, 2016
oduncojamaica:
@ saythefact
Pls I need quantity of material needed for german floor of size 44 by 24 feet

Let's convert to meters.. .

13.5 * 7.3 = 98.55m²
Lets use a German floor thickness of 4" ie 100mm (Note: If it's decking it most be 6" or more)

Volume of concrete = 9.86m³

Materials Needed:
* Cement (1:3:6 ratio) = 35 - 40 bags
* Sharp sand = 20 Tonnes
* Granite = 15 Tonnes (Most be Full Tipper weight at the quarry)
* Labour = between 40-50k
* water = 10k (If you're buying)
* 1*12 wood = 13pcs = Abt 15k
* Nails and Carpenter Labour = 3500 (You can even try with 2.5k)
* Area Boys = 5-10k depending on your area and bargaining power
* unseen issues = 10k

I expect that you shd have stone and sand used from the foundation on site... If you don't, the quantities above would serve you beyond the German floor.

Good luck.

1 Like

Re: How To Build Your Comfortable House Earning Little by Luongthanh: 9:44am On Dec 10, 2016
Please, contact me : +841665351358 ( Whatapps / viber / Wechat /Line / Zalo )
Email: thanhluong890@gmail.com
Re: How To Build Your Comfortable House Earning Little by oduncojamaica(m): 5:18pm On Dec 10, 2016
[quote author=saydfact post=51794547]

Let's convert to meters.. .

13.5 * 7.3 = 98.55m²
Lets use a German floor thickness of 4" ie 100mm (Note: If it's decking it most be 6" or more)

Volume of concrete = 9.86m³

Materials Needed:
* Cement (1:3:6 ratio) = 35 - 40 bags
* Sharp sand = 20 Tonnes
* Granite = 15 Tonnes (Most be Full Tipper weight at the quarry)
* Labour = between 40-50k
* water = 10k (If you're buying)
* 1*12 wood = 13pcs = Abt 15k
* Nails and Carpenter Labour = 3500 (You can even try with 2.5k)
* Area Boys = 5-10k depending on your area and bargaining power
* unseen issues = 10k

I expect that you shd have stone and sand used from the foundation on site... If you don't, the quantities above would serve you beyond the German floor.

Good luck.
Thanks
Re: How To Build Your Comfortable House Earning Little by oduncojamaica(m): 5:20pm On Dec 10, 2016
Thanks oga mi

1 Like

Re: How To Build Your Comfortable House Earning Little by Elekwarichard(m): 6:04pm On Dec 10, 2016
fkdmods:

I swear, this is probably the dumbest topic i have seen yet on Nairaland. The OP should change his ID to "captain obvious". Even the first point is ridiculous. "Ensure you have a land". As if you would build a house in space. Smh.

I Think you can't read well,by de way de OP was not referring to you....i can recall when de OP made mention of HOW YOU CAN BUILD A COMFORTABLE HOUSE WITHOUT HAVING ENOUGH MONEY...so dat de Bleep are u killing ur self talking about....

1 Like

Re: How To Build Your Comfortable House Earning Little by nnamdizen(m): 9:40pm On Dec 11, 2016
Nice one

1 Like

Re: How To Build Your Comfortable House Earning Little by classical15(m): 11:47am On Dec 12, 2016
saydfact:

The truth is if we begin to consider these IMPORTANT, then those these article are meant for cannot afford it. If your land is in a developing area, then you can actually build because approval authorities are probably with no access yet to those area.

However if your land is in the city, well developed area then SURVEY PLAN AND APPROVAL could be about or close to 1 million on its own.

This articles considers those buying lands in developing area...

Well said folmus; C of O is not important before building, rather after the building is completed.

Thanks Op. you wrote about having 3 courses.... what does that mean? I don't know

2 Likes

Re: How To Build Your Comfortable House Earning Little by saydfact(m): 2:01pm On Dec 12, 2016
classical15:

Thanks Op. you wrote about having 3 courses.... what does that mean? I don't know

After the foundation each line of block is a course.. It means have a minimum of 4 lines of one block one on the other before your German floor... Regards.

I'm also preparing another article that wld be more detailed... Follow and don't miss it.

2 Likes

Re: How To Build Your Comfortable House Earning Little by dammit4u(m): 7:35pm On Dec 12, 2016
@saydfact, God bless you, not many people will give out huge info like this free of charge. Anticipating the continuation

1 Like

Re: How To Build Your Comfortable House Earning Little by saydfact(m): 7:00am On Dec 13, 2016
dammit4u:
@saydfact, God bless you, not many people will give out huge info like this free of charge. Anticipating the continuation

Thanks... I'm already writing, I'll share a link here once done.....
Re: How To Build Your Comfortable House Earning Little by bfn1: 10:39am On Dec 13, 2016
Following.

1 Like

Re: How To Build Your Comfortable House Earning Little by Imoy(m): 9:50am On Dec 15, 2016
saydfact:

Thanks... I'm already writing, I'll share a link here once done.....

Bros, still waiting for d link oo

1 Like

Re: How To Build Your Comfortable House Earning Little by alist(m): 11:15am On Dec 15, 2016
Thanks op for the insightful post on guidelines to clients on steps to take to have their buildings done on a low budget.
In as much as there is not much to add I would want to post a two bedroom design on that is a graphic example of what you have posted.
Two bedrooms all ensuite
With a guest toilet
Just 8.25x 7.5m
If anyone wants this plan you can contact me on 08038982710 calls or Watsapp.
alistdevelopers@yahoo.com
Willing to be understanding...

2 Likes

Re: How To Build Your Comfortable House Earning Little by saydfact(m): 2:41pm On Dec 15, 2016
Imoy:

Bros, still waiting for d link oo

The new write up is ready in part, i'm putting it up today or tomorrow..

Thanks..

2 Likes

Re: How To Build Your Comfortable House Earning Little by Babs612000(m): 6:43am On Dec 16, 2016
saydfact:
FIND THE SCHEDULE FOR THE BUILDING ATTACHED.

9'' Blocks = 1000 pcs for foundation (4 courses of blocks)
Cements = 45 - 50 bags was used
Sand = 20 Tonnes (and we still had enough for the septic tank and foundation to fence)
Granite = 20 Tonnes (including septic tank and fence footing)

Main Building.
9'' & 6'' used = 2300 pcs to roof level.

FOR THOSE WHO WANT TO HAVE AN IDEA OF HOW TO PAY THE BRICKLAYER TO SET ALL THE BLOCKS; HERE IS THE HINT YOU NEED.

(Nos of Block X 40naira ) + Transport + Cost of Concrete Works

Since we used about 3500 blocks for this then:

(3500 * 40) + 10K (Trans) + 30K (Concrete works) = 180,000k (block works only)

Now that you have this figure; its not what you should pay; you also need discount so negotiate for about 170k but in the worst case, don't pay more than that or slightly higher say 190-200k (depending on design and unseen factors)

** Note that the calculation above is a guide..... to knowing if you're being charged excess.

REMEMBER TO ASK YOUR QUESTIONS AND ADVICE IF IN DOUBT - YOU CAN ALSO CHALLENGE SO WE ACHIEVE OUR GOAL OF AFFORDABLE HOUSING.

Thanks.

Please which state in Nigeria is setting of block cost N40 per block.
Re: How To Build Your Comfortable House Earning Little by Babs612000(m): 6:55am On Dec 16, 2016
favouryemmy:

You shouldn't have advised people not to do a survey plan and approval. I wish to know if you are a professional in the building industry and your profession. If you don't produce the survey plan and approve the drawing before construction, it's like postponing the evil day. In that case you will have to pay a penalty when the time comes. If anyone that has hundreds of thousands to start construction of a building should also have money to survey and approve its drawings. It all depends on orientation

I have to let know that there are millions of houses in Nigeria that have no building plans approved most people will tell you that the cost of
Procesing the building plans will build them two to three rooms that they will do that when they have the money.
Re: How To Build Your Comfortable House Earning Little by saydfact(m): 9:22pm On Dec 16, 2016
https://www.nairaland.com/3523256/how-build-comfortable-house-earning

smithjanetstore: Imoy: dammit4u: InMyOpinion: Mannylex: mznaett: Edipee: ariyebaba: jospepper
polarman: fifiluv ahmadtolha, omogidi234, austin2all, Phyde,
LEOSIRSIR Olasco93: dayleke segbas Rrabbit:
damimola ayobase: salt1: doublecheif:

2 Likes

Re: How To Build Your Comfortable House Earning Little by Nobody: 12:12pm On Dec 28, 2016
PROPOSED 5 BEDROOMS RESIDENTIAL PROPERTY

Land size: 20 x 40m

Land Features;
Main Building,
Boys Quarters,
Parking Spaces (4 cars),
2 Mini Artificial Landscapes
Outdoor swimming pool.

MAIN BUILDING DETAILS;

Ground Floor;
Main Living Room,
Waiting Room,
Dinning Area,
Kitchen,
Guest room,
Indoor Garage &
Indoor Swimming Pool.

2nd Floor;
Family Living Room/Cinema Room,
3 Bedrooms (en suite),
Observation Area,

3rd Floor;
Master's Bedroom, en suite with Jacuzzi, bath tubs and showers,
Walk-in Closets.

OTHER FEATURES:
All rooms above 1st floor level have a 270 view glass edge wall.
Indoor swimming pool leads to Outdoor swimming pool, demarcated by a rainbow coloured artificial waterfall,
2 Bedrooms Boys quarters,
Transparent glass pathway between indoor and outdoor pools.

We manipulate buildings to incorporate whatever you think, while managing the available land size.

For a customised, tailored and unique, yet affordable design of your dream building, contact me on:

Phone - 07034328269 (whatsapp too)
Email - cheetahswing@yahoo.com

If you can dream it, we can design it.

1 Like

Re: How To Build Your Comfortable House Earning Little by ShegzyB: 11:53am On Jan 05, 2017
How did the driver park that Chevy......must have been a lot of work......

2 Likes

Re: How To Build Your Comfortable House Earning Little by clip: 1:36pm On Feb 01, 2017
You men are doing great work here. Thank you all for the information

1 Like

Re: How To Build Your Comfortable House Earning Little by saydfact(m): 2:58pm On Feb 01, 2017
clip:
You men are doing great work here. Thank you all for the information

Thanks, you need to see the continuation here: https://www.nairaland.com/3523256/how-build-comfortable-house-earning

part 2.
Re: How To Build Your Comfortable House Earning Little by saydfact(m): 11:36am On Feb 08, 2017
YOU CAN FOLLOW MY LATEST ARTICLE HERE >>> https://www.nairaland.com/3617471/should-supervise-building-project-architects

WHAT ARE YOUR VIEWS?
Re: How To Build Your Comfortable House Earning Little by Nobody: 8:01am On Mar 03, 2017
ShegzyB:
How did the driver park that Chevy......must have been a lot of work......

Technically he can't. Thats just to make it look beautiful for better presentation

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Facts About People Living In Face Me I face You Houses / Roofing Styles: Which One Do You Prefer? (Photos) / Plywood Ghetto-house Under Lagos Bridge That Has An Air-conditioner!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.