Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,366 members, 7,808,278 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:45 AM

Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. - Travel (137) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. (682199 Views)

The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany / Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience / Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) ... (220) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by PDPGuy: 5:14pm On Feb 25, 2018
johnpoko:
Hello guys I have been a silent reader of this thread. I got my visa in January and my agent just booked my flight. My flight is scheduled to land at Doha International Airport (Qatar airways), then after a 9 hours lay over, we will land at Chicago O'Hare Airport. Abeg na my first time to travel abroad and my first time to enter Aeroplane. Any advice for me? I fit charge my phone for plane? e dey get free WiFi? what and what should I do and not do? thanks

You should be able to charge your phone in the plane, as most wide-body jets have outlets for plugging-in electronic devices.
Not sure if you’d get WiFi; it depends on each individual airline.

4 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by damoceile: 7:23pm On Feb 25, 2018
johnpoko:
Hello guys I have been a silent reader of this thread. I got my visa in January and my agent just booked my flight. My flight is scheduled to land at Doha International Airport (Qatar airways), then after a 9 hours lay over, we will land at Chicago O'Hare Airport. Abeg na my first time to travel abroad and my first time to enter Aeroplane. Any advice for me? I fit charge my phone for plane? e dey get free WiFi? what and what should I do and not do? thanks

sorry to ask, are you going there for education or hustle... and what are the procedures you went through in obtaining the visa and all
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Holocene(m): 9:44pm On Feb 25, 2018
Ok
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by stonemasonn: 10:03pm On Feb 25, 2018
Justanodadude:

Omo no talk say ur security work na joke oooo.
For some people as long as the gateman
work is not in Nigeria they are happy.
It depends on the pay oooo, if it’s just $9/hr, there’s not much you can do with it except you work longer hours.
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by stonemasonn: 10:32pm On Feb 25, 2018
Holocene:
Ok guys, i have been having lots of thoughts over this and its honestly scaring the shi.t outta me. I have seen some nigerian girls here in the US but they all got too much drama and try to act like they are too damn incharge of their crazy lives to need a husband.
The most loyal women are the single mothers. tongue If you treat them right, they will forever remain grateful.

11 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by guiddoti: 1:53pm On Feb 26, 2018
Holocene:
Ok guys, i have been having lots of thoughts over this and its honestly scaring the shi.t outta me. I have seen some nigerian girls here in the US but they all got too much drama and try to act like they are too damn incharge of their crazy lives to need a husband. You all remember the video of a naija born lady who attacked the mama of one dude in the US and tried to get dude arrested for assult but he was smart enough to get it all on video.

Then we have the naija based babes who i broke up with all before i travelled so they would not say i held anyone back with some damn promises of marriage. I am looking to see if i can get a new one but i am scared of the fake lives they and how fast they change when you bring them to da states.

Least i forget, the american based naija babes who came to US by themselves are more interested in bringing their entire compound to the US and therein lies the bigass problem where you get constant issues with wifey.

Honestly i just tire. Which one is best?

Disclaimer: i aint trying to insult nor discredit our naija women as i still belive they are far better than the crazy A.A women out here who have like 5 different baby daddies in some damn jail. Just that i am tired of all crazy dramas right now.
Are there no damsel of a respectable character in the states.? I asked this because, often times, ladies pretend to love and get their way, only to change their colours thereafter. No need of transporting species you can find in your environment, except you have allowed God to take over.

1 Like

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by BlowJobs: 5:46pm On Feb 26, 2018
PDPGuy:
@ Blowjobs: About your point on girls preferring text to calls, it depends on the girl in question.

Some Nigerian girls, here, still prefer to communicate on the phone most of the time. In fact, a friend once said that she will never take a guy who texts most of the time, serious.

But if you referring to girls of other nationalities or races i.e. Whites, Arabs, Latina etc, in my experience, they do not mind if texts make up 90% of your communication between they and you.

bro, i wish i met a Nigerian girl. I want to eat Naija food. grin grin

i'm sure lot of people on this thread don't wanna meet naija girls when they enta yankee. They want to explore first. That's why i gave them those tips

When dem taya, dem go dey find Naija "wife material" girls grin

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by hoctre20(m): 6:33pm On Feb 26, 2018
FrankNetter:

Thanks bro. I'll take a look at it.
I'm looking at swappa.com
Great website for second hand gadgets
bros I feel u die, tapping inspiration from you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by BlowJobs: 8:30pm On Feb 26, 2018
stonemasonn:

The most loyal women are the single mothers. tongue If you treat them right, they will forever remain grateful.

I strongly disagree

Most single mothers i have seen are toxic. Any misstep by you, they will ruin you forever!!!

They will take out their frustration on you. If you are a single guy (no kids, never been married), look elsewhere, aim "higher".

If at all, you fall in love, choose someone that isn't compromising on you because she made bad decisions in her life

A lot of them just want you to play "Daddy" to another man (or men)'s kids. They hardly love you bro.

32 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 8:59pm On Feb 26, 2018
BlowJobs:

I strongly disagree

Most single mothers i have seen are toxic. Any misstep by you, they will ruin you forever!!!

They will take out their frustration on you. If you are a single guy (no kids, never been married), look elsewhere, aim higher.

If at all, you fall in love, choose someone that isn't compromising on you because she made a bad decisions in her life

A lot of them just want you to play "Daddy" to another man (or men)'s kids. They hardly love you bro.
Word!
But are you talking from experience? @ Blowjobs

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by BlowJobs: 9:01pm On Feb 26, 2018
edehgeorgeC:

Word!
But are you talking from experience? @ Blowjobs

Maybe, maybe not. grin

I've seen and experience enough in my short time of visiting and living here

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Josh4wod: 12:04am On Feb 27, 2018
@blowjobs don't we have a good Christian A.A that have a good character?
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by SkinnyNigga: 6:59am On Feb 27, 2018
Holocene:
Ok guys, i have been having lots of thoughts over this and its honestly scaring the shi.t outta me. I have seen some nigerian girls here in the US but they all got too much drama and try to act like they are too damn incharge of their crazy lives to need a husband. You all remember the video of a naija born lady who attacked the mama of one dude in the US and tried to get dude arrested for assult but he was smart enough to get it all on video.

Then we have the naija based babes who i broke up with all before i travelled so they would not say i held anyone back with some damn promises of marriage. I am looking to see if i can get a new one but i am scared of the fake lives they and how fast they change when you bring them to da states.

Least i forget, the american based naija babes who came to US by themselves are more interested in bringing their entire compound to the US and therein lies the bigass problem where you get constant issues with wifey.

Honestly i just tire. Which one is best?

Disclaimer: i aint trying to insult nor discredit our naija women as i still belive they are far better than the crazy A.A women out here who have like 5 different baby daddies in some damn jail. Just that i am tired of all crazy dramas right now.
Marry whitey...
Or you marry a naija girl and keep her in Nigeria.. Come back every two years to get her pregnant.. She can be visiting with the kids..

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by hammed71(m): 8:20am On Feb 27, 2018
SkinnyNigga:
Marry whitey...
Or you marry a naija girl and keep her in Nigeria.. Come back every two years to get her pregnant.. She can be visiting with the kids..
that's very bad and selfish.

15 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by temi4fash(m): 12:17pm On Feb 27, 2018
SkinnyNigga:
Marry whitey...

You dai vex ooo

1 Like

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 12:55pm On Feb 27, 2018
SkinnyNigga:
Marry whitey...
Hmmm, this your advice get as e be O..
U dey vex O! angry
SkinnyNigga:
Marry whitey...
Hmmm, this your advice get as e be O..
U dey vex O!
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Dremca(m): 3:42pm On Feb 27, 2018
SkinnyNigga:
Marry whitey...
Lol, as your imported goods. Anyways, many girls wouldn't mind if you even come back every ten years to pregnant her so long as they are marrying Yankee husband. Who sai!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Dremca(m): 3:47pm On Feb 27, 2018
SkinnyNigga:
Marry whitey...
As your imported goods. Anyways, many girls wouldn't mind if you come back every ten years to pregnant her so long as they are marrying Yankee husband.
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by SkinnyNigga: 7:05pm On Feb 27, 2018
hammed71:
that's very bad and selfish.
Yes.. That's what situation brought.. You got to be selfish to save yourself

8 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by adesbaba: 7:26pm On Feb 27, 2018
Dremca:
As your imported goods. Anyways, many girls wouldn't mind if you come back every ten years to pregnant her so long as they are marrying Yankee husband.

I tell u...naija gals ehn

7 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Holocene(m): 8:22pm On Feb 28, 2018
BlowJobs:

bro, i wish i met a Nigerian girl. I want to eat Naija food. grin grin

i'm sure lot of people on this thread don't wanna meet naija girls when they enta yankee. They want to explore first. That's why i gave them those tips

When dem taya, dem go dey find Naija "wife material" girls grin

You are right on point bro. Its only a naija girl that will reason to cook egusi soup or even make goat meat pepper soup for you in the US. Trust me we crave all that lil shit.
Only naija girl will understand you when u use eyes talk to am in public. Only naija babe will make you have investments back home and not flex all the money abroad....

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by jiinxed: 1:17am On Mar 05, 2018
angry
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Hadampson(m): 5:11pm On Mar 07, 2018
U guys are really trying i must admit Thanks for keeping the thread alive...cc:Mouth Gig and others
Oga frank....we dey wait oo
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by FrankNetter(m): 6:33pm On Mar 07, 2018
At burger king, the issue I had when I started the job was communication. At this job, drama. Lemme explain.

If you notice, if you've paid close attention to my posts, I always tried to pick people's brains, to understand what makes them tick, to understand the mindset of the people I'd be working with, the mindset of Americans. In trying to do that, I try to strike up conversations with different people, dancing around different topics trying to get you to speak. In the first few weeks I started this job, I noticed this is a female dominated field and most of the persons whose brains I tried to pick were ladies. In no time, news had started flying around that the new guy is a flirt, he's always talking to everybody. It turns out these ladies mistook my questions and conversations for something else, they actually thought I was trying to hook up with them.

Each day I come to work, I'd hear one new gist about me and what I supposedly did. I wouldn't bore you guys with the sad tales of how these people think cos most of them are way too shallow to delve into deep conversations with. They are more content with running their mouths about celebrity news and who-is-fvcking-who at the job. The few times I've tried to bring politics or current affairs or something other than tv shows and drama and superficial stuff, I get a blank stare or something close to it. With time, I minimized my conversations to strictly work related stuff and started keeping to myself. My "brain-picking" project has been put on hold for now.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by FrankNetter(m): 6:46pm On Mar 07, 2018
I've got some great news, my transcript has been evaluated, I applied to Chicago state university to study BSN nursing and got accepted. I paid the "acceptance fee" of $50 yesterday and I'm revving my engines, ready to go! Ready to explore a whole new world within the 4 walls of the university. smiley

45 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by FrankNetter(m): 6:48pm On Mar 07, 2018
Remember when I told you guys about the unavoidability of bills and fines, here's some gist grin

There's something we call Ipass, it's a device you put on your car dashboard which enables you to automatically pay your toll fees without stopping your car on the expressway. For each time you pass a toll booth, it's recorded on their system, then at the end of the month, the fee is deducted from your bank account. My mum has one in her car but didn't know it was faulty. So, she had been driving past the toll booths without paying the fees, some days back, we recieved this in the mail grin

Observe the toll fees itself, and the penalties attached grin

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by subcbouy: 6:52pm On Mar 07, 2018
FrankNetter:
I've got some great news, my transcript has been evaluated, I applied to Chicago state university to study BSN nursing and got accepted. I paid the "acceptance fee" of $50 yesterday and I'm revving my engines, ready to go! Ready to explore a whole new world within the 4 walls of the university. smiley
congrats, broda-man

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by BlowJobs: 6:57pm On Mar 07, 2018
FrankNetter:
Remember when I told you guys about the unavoidability of bills and fines, here's some gist grin

There's something we call Ipass, it's a device you put on your car dashboard which enables you to automatically pay your toll fees without stopping your car on the expressway. For each time you pass a toll booth, it's recorded on their system, then at the end of the month, the fee is deducted from your bank account. My mum has one in her car but didn't know it was faulty. So, she had been driving past the toll booths without paying the fees, some days back, we recieved this in the mail grin

Observe the toll fees itself, and the penalties attached grin

EZPASS?

Yeah?
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by tuns486(m): 7:00pm On Mar 07, 2018
FrankNetter:

Awesome!. Congrats Bro

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by tuns486(m): 7:00pm On Mar 07, 2018
FrankNetter:

Awesome!. Congrats Bro

2 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by FrankNetter(m): 7:01pm On Mar 07, 2018
BlowJobs:

EZPASS?

Yeah?

Yeah bro.
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by FrankNetter(m): 7:04pm On Mar 07, 2018
Mumsy bin dey vex major and said she wouldn't pay it. grin

We ended up giving them a call, when they found out the issue was from their end, they canceled all the fees. ALL! shocked

At this point, I've worked at the new job for quit3 sometime now and I'm beginning to understand my co-workers, beginning to gravitate towards those who want to do something with their lives and stay away from those whose sole aim in life is to talk about other people.

The good thing about this place is nigerians full this facility, so they are always looking out for me cool

28 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) ... (220) (Reply)

Giving Birth In Canada / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.